[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: 5850.jpg (244KB, 838x314px) Image search: [Google]
5850.jpg
244KB, 838x314px
What went wrong?
>>
They canned Prey 2
>>
(((reviewers))) have shit taste
>>
>4 points less
damn...
>>
File: pcprey.jpg (96KB, 424x215px) Image search: [Google]
pcprey.jpg
96KB, 424x215px
>>376403517
SonyPony only enjoy cinematic experience and can't deal with gameplay outside of QTE.
>>
>>376403517
Is the original Prey still not available digitally? I pirated the game when it came out but wouldn't mind buying it now
>>
>>376403517
Arkane still can't match the quality of the two decade old games they're trying to recreate. Who could've predicted this?
>>
I honestly think Nu-Prey is too hard for Reviewers
>>
>>376404723
FPS are PC exclusive because of the mouse.
>>
>>376403517
Why the fuck would you ever buy multiplats on console? Are you retarded?
See >>376404723
>>
>>376404859
that can be said about video games in general
>>
>>376403517
No bounty hunting on space
>>
>>376403517

Standards of quality for AAA in 2006 were different. And Prey(2006) was an interesting game despite being flawed and unpolished with a bunch of ridiculous shit, it managed to be kind of endearing. /v/ probably won't care about the fact that it positively portrayed a native guy and made him the main character, but that was also pretty big from a "this game breaks new ground" standpoint and got it brownie points in the media.

Prey(2016) is another Horizon: Zero Dawn. It's this well polished and smooth game but it has no sense of originality at all outside the gameplay design for the mimics. It's a collection of common tropes put together effectively but it has nothing special that lets it rise above that like say Persona 5(which despite a being giant collection of anime tropes rises above it because it positively oozes style and has characters you like) does. You'd probably see it tick a couple points higher if the main character was canon black or some shit.

I think a roughly 8/10 is appropriate for it. I certainly suspect the original Prey will remain more memorable.
>>
>>376406030
>Prey(2016) is another Horizon: Zero Dawn. It's this well polished and smooth game but it has no sense of originality at all outside the gameplay design for the mimics
Are you fucking retarded? If it was another ubisoft collectaton with muh graphics critics would shower it in praises.
>>
>>376403517
one of the problems is that metacritic is taking reviews in progress and taking a score from them

forbes wrote about this

so id suggest waiting a few more days
>>
>>376406030
>Comparing a turn-based RPG to an action-based RPG
Why are weebfags so retarded?
>>
>>376406030
>horizon zero dawn
>no originality

Please do show me all these other games that resemble Horizon.
>>
>>376406030
Also it's only now that I finished reading the rest of your absolute garbage of a post and here I am laughing at you for saying that horizon is unoriginal while unironically defending a game like persona 5, which is nothing but a giant conglomeration of extremely cliche characters you'd all down to the generic as fuck anime high school setting where the main character is the special snowflake. You should consider being a comedian, you won't even have to put in any effort other than walking into the room of your audience, being the joke yourself.
>>
>>376406030
>Prey(2016) is another Horizon: Zero Dawn. It's this well polished and smooth game but it has no sense of originality at all outside the gameplay design for the mimics.
>no sense of originality at all outside the gameplay design for the mimics.

And this my friends is how you spot someone who hasn't played the game.
>>
>>376406527
Literally every open world game.
>>
>>376403517
>Bethesda
>>
>>376406030
>And Prey(2006) was an interesting game despite being flawed and unpolished

this is why video games were so much better in the past
we don't have AA games anymore
big game studios don't take risks
I'll take an interesting but flawed game over bog standard passable games
>>
>>376407115
>we don't have AA games anymore

We have but /v/ and normies shit on them freaking hard.
>>
>>376407548
examples?
>>
>>376406030
>original Prey
>memorable
>>
people shitting up genuiely good games like new prey is why video games are shit
>>
>>376407574
Cyanide
Spiders
Piranha Bytes
>>
Apparently Xbots love it.

I've never seen a multiplat game with such polarizing scores across the different platforms
>>
>>376407748
>Apparently Xbots love it.
It's not like they have much of a choice.
>>
>>376407748
>>376404723
>>376403517

No no no I know why PS4's review is so low and Xbox One's score is so high

It's because in recent months PS4 has had a non-stop slew of high quality titles, so the standards of those reviewers have been raised. Where as PC & Xbox One reviewers have been starving for new quality AAA games for months so their inner standards have been lowered.

Its the same sort of reason Dragon Age Inquisition won GOTY in 2014
>>
>>376407748
Xbone have better version without input lag. It's simple, really.
>>
>>376407889
It's because there is input lag on the PS4 version
>>
>>376407748
What competition does Prey even have on Xbone

Xbots are just happy to have another game to play
>>
>>376407889
>It's because in recent months PS4 has had a non-stop slew of high quality titles

like what?
>>
>>376407748
Well, yeah, It's a game. That's a rarity to Xboners.
>>
>>376407748
>>376404723
>>376407889
>I don't know how averages work
>>
>>376406030
Get out of here with your weebshit. Persona 5 is literally the same shit as the previous two games.
>>
>one is a super mario galaxy-esque bizzaro adventure shooter with cool native american super powers

>the other is bioshock with mimics

interdasting
>>
>>376410261
(You)
>>
"reviewers" went wrong:

https://techraptor.net/content/prey-review-dont-fear-reaper
>>
>>376406030
t. hasn't actually played Prey 2017
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.