[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quake Champions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 9

File: Quake Champions.png (1MB, 1480x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Quake Champions.png
1MB, 1480x1050px
Is the franchise doomed?
>>
File: 1490328237760.png (179KB, 432x504px) Image search: [Google]
1490328237760.png
179KB, 432x504px
If it was it would've died at 4 ot ET
Quit being overdramatic
>>
Well I've heard people say it feels like Quake 3 so who knows at this point. I have a feeling the playerbase won't last too long though.
>>
No, but it was hit by an autisimization ray. Kinda like when Japan got hit by atomic bombs in WW2 -- the country was still standing but the degeneracy became obvious.
>>
>>376396614
You wish, Nu-Doom was great
QC is trash, it just feels like they never bothered much with it.
>"Oh so what's popular now? Overwatch? Throw some characters and lootboxes in Q3A and make it slower"
>>
>arena shooters
>ever ever having players again

Pick one
>>
No, it's Quake. Can't you read?
>>
If this doesn't succeed then arena shooters are definitely dead and probably never returning
>>
>>376396813
Then the only one to actually exist in the public consciousness will be Overwatch, even though that's mostly just King of the Hill and Payload style gameplay.
>>
having classes is a huge mistake
>>
>>376396813
If this is the empty shell they're gonna be
Sayonara
>>
>>376396875
>Overwatch = arena shooter
No. Team Fortress 2 is closer to an arena shooter, but it's still not an arena shooter
>>
Its time to move past the Quake formula. Tribes is where the real money and skill is. Pro and casual friendly, but untapped to its full potential. Midair shills need not reply. We need a real developer and big time publisher.
>>
>All the clear knee-jerk replies by people who didn't even play the beta.

It's great, desu. Only minuses are rough class balance, no audible footsteps and the games taking forever to start.

https://youtu.be/RVn-7p2ZKvk?t=50s

Purists have their points, but Quake often felt like the fighting game of FPS, the classes fit that vision pretty well.
>>
>>376396726
>slower

Some of the Quake 3 pros streamed themselves playing and it looks just as fast as they usually do it.

At least when they are playing someone other than Clutch/Scalebearer.
>>
>>376397046
>Tribes
>casual friendly
>>
grinding is what every quake pro i know was asking for
what an amazing addition to the series
>>
Nobody fucking likes this kind of archaic and hugely outdated kind of multiplayer anymore, so yeah, no one is going to play. It's 2017, you can play shit that isn't so simplistic and small scale. Old school shooters were only good for single player campaigns.
>>
>>376397179
>what is Tribes Ascend

/v/ ate that shit up, and /v/ is casual as fuck
>>
>>376397096
>Only minuses are rough class balance
and hopefully there'll be classic mode
>>
They need to fucking release Classic Mode already, I'm sick of the different stats and ability bullshit.
>>
>>376397237
>Nobody fucking likes this kind of archaic and hugely outdated kind of multiplayer anymore
>Old school shooters were only good for single player campaigns.
I, too, have crippling autism
>>
File: 1494300492958.png (122KB, 216x211px) Image search: [Google]
1494300492958.png
122KB, 216x211px
>>376396614
I know a good slipgate to shove (You) in.
>>
>>376397283
Classic mode TDM, DM and CTF have been confirmed.
>>
>>376397182
>grinding
Only if you care about cosmetics.
>>
>>376397096
>It's great, desu. Only minuses are rough class balance
then what's the point? so i should just play quake live then..
>>
>>376397462
The point is to have a beta.
>>
>>376397462
Classic mode basically means that it's Quake live with other characters and better graphics.
>>
>>376396905
This. Ok I've been staying far away from discussing this game as a "pro" q3a player. I'm so mad they put classes and fucked this shit up so bad I'm beyond mad. But I will give it a chance and probably be disappointed.
>>
>>376397507
what i mean is, if the classes supposedly suck and/or the intention is to play "classic mode" then i might as well play ql or something.

game is not different enough.
>>
>>376397046
What's wrong with midair?
>>
do you still need to buy the "1v1 me fagit" mode?
>>
>>376397605
Well, different classes kind of play like different Quake games in terms of strafe jumping, air-control etc.

It's just not the abilities and HP that separate them.
>>
It's no Quake Live but assuming they fix all the technical issues Champions could be like Guilty Gear Xrd was to XX, a step back in some areas and some questionable design decisions but overall a great game.
>>
>>376397665
Yes, their duel has you pick 3 classes and you cycle between them

But there's also the classic "fox only" no-bulsshit mode coming.
>>
>>376397115
really? where? i thought no one was allowed to stream
>>
>no Crash
>no Lucy
>no Orbb
>no Xaero

it's shit
>>
>>376396813
But 2GD's diabotical is coming
>>
>>376397775
there's NDA until the 12th for those who aren't media.

But here's one okayish video posted earlier:
https://youtu.be/RVn-7p2ZKvk?t=50s
>>
>>376397782
>no Hunter
>>
flavour of the month probably
it's probably the worst quake honestly, technical side seems kind of sloppy, gameplay is pretty standard quake under the hood but the changes they made detract from the core rather than add anything of value
>>376396726
>Nu-Doom was great
no it wasn't
>>376397046
>We need a real developer and big time publisher.
you wanna buy yearly iterations of quake regardless of quality just so it can stay relevant in the public view?
>>
Just have to see if it's actually a beta or if this is 98% of what we'll get. It's a much more fun mindless shooter to me than overwatch but it certainly doesn't make me want to grind 8 hours a day and obsess over it like quake 3.
>>
>>376398030
>no it wasn't
Why not?
>>
>>376398030
>no it wasn't
Yes, it was
>>
Too bad warsow never took off or that nobody developed quake live mod for it.

>Cross platform: linux,mac,windows
>really customizable graphic settings

Why the fuck are these new games so demanding for PC and only work on windows, that's not acceptable. You don't play quake for the "good graphics".
>>
>>376398030
>you wanna buy yearly iterations of quake regardless of quality just so it can stay relevant in the public view?
didnt say that, but then again that could be good. always need more exposure
>>376397872
lol. sorry but only 1 of the games is going to become popular. either quake or diabotical. diabotical will probably end up like Reflex b/c not Quake brand
>>376397629
shill located. kickstarter trash
>>
>>376398139
it has a nice presentation but failed at the things that matter
>movement
>enemies
>weapons
>levels
that's not even going into the details of it's retarded balancing and other fundamental game design fuckups
>>
>>376398415
>diabotical will probably end up like Reflex b/c not Quake brand
It's 2GD's game and he likely has some effects on the pro players choice.
Also 2GD is pretty good with community interaction, unlike bethestda.
>>
>>376396614
yes. It's not even on idtech 6. That shows how Bethesda just don't give a fuck.
>>
>>376398431
>movement
>enemies
>weapons
>levels
Literally what. I could understand multiplayer being abhorrent shit, but singleplayer?
>>
>>376398415
>shill located. kickstarter trash
No anon I want some serious reasons
Is it the gameplay? It sure is about the gameplay, you're certainly not dismissing a potential successor to tribes based on non-issues, right?
>>
>>376398617
it has no style or substance. reeks of indy trash. and the tress aren't solid objects in the game. just fail all around
>>
>>376398553
well multiplayer is a different kettle of fish all together but it isn't as bad as everyone seems to make it seem, it's really just the most standard bland shit they could have done with it taking cues straight from halo
>>
>>376398521
nobody cares about the 4 pro players on earths opinion
>>
>>376396905
I thought the sane but after playing it they don`t bother me at all but still, thank god for classic mode
>>
I really dislike the difference in stats between characters, especially the health. Weapons feel like they do too much damage; maybe I'm too used to Quake Live toning weapons down a bit but I liked that style, and it achieved relative balance. Even the MG was useful sometimes.

Other than that, it won't become popular simply because people don't want to be dominated by people that can basically spawnkill you and keep you from playing the game. I know matchmaking exists to keep this from happening but I don't know if that general premise can even attract a new niche audience.

I don't think any of the active abilities between characters are that bad, but the stat differences didn't sit well with me.
>>
>>376397368
based ranger
>>
I just really wish that they made it single player like the new DOOM but no they just fucking had to try to get into the lootbox meme genre.
>>
>>376399261
>spawnkill you
the spawn system is completely fucked and needs to be fixed
matchmaking/queuing is shitty too, just a waste of time
>>
File: UT4_wallpaper_old_red_4k.jpg (1MB, 3840x2126px) Image search: [Google]
UT4_wallpaper_old_red_4k.jpg
1MB, 3840x2126px
At least you guys have your game developed.

Being an UT fan sucks.

And I admit that UT4 is incredibly fun and the fighting is polished as fuck, except everything else like maps, modes, and growing community isn't.
>>
I'll play it but only because it's an Arena shooter that's actually populated in Australia. Populated by more than just turbo autists who've been playing the game for 15 years straight, no less.
>>
>>376399378
atleast its free to play so i'll let them have their lootboxes unlike OW, CS:GO, CoD BO3 who are p2p yet still have lootboxes.
>>
>>376399537
>DM-chill
>20 frames per second
>literally any other map
>choo choo, we 80fps nao
>>
>>376399537
>>376399713
>Played a Duel against some random
>He beat my ass 3-25, I got 2 more kills but also suicide deaths
>He controlled the map so well, taught me to switch to Enforcer at mid-long range and to harass with the Shock Rifle to keep the enemy at bay
>Chill guy
>Yet, I enjoyed that match more than anything i've played before

I just want UT to be popular enough.
>>
>>376398301
i want to play warsow but at the same time the project ended and im not sure if i should still recommend it because i don't know where it will go
>>
>>376396690
it's no Quake 3 but QC is DEFINITELY better than both of those games, once they fix the netcode and a few other things it will be the definitive game for people who are actually good at fps (cs/ow babbies need not apply)
>>
>>376396614
No, QC is a great.

>>376396726
>>376396905
t. I haven't played the game
>>
>>376400435
I had some hope in 2014 when it got greenlit on steam but nothing happened.
It's open source and the qfusion engine that it uses is still actively maintained so somebody might pick up the project.
Though even if somebody would continue it, it would still have no players...
>>
>>376399537
I was hoping to try it, but the game kept crashing whenever I tried to load it. Since then I got Paragon to work proper after going through the same crashing so maybe I'll try installing UT again.

How hard is it to get a QC beta key btw? I'm interested, but I want to reserve any opinions until I actually play it myself.
>>
Anyone who says Quake Champions is slow or the same as Overwatch doesn't understand Quake or OW, and is certainly trash at both games. Those criticizing QC for not being 'pure skill old school Quake' are fake esport & Quake hipsters who never actually played the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyNFSzwTtF8
>>
File: 1494259172117.png (714KB, 928x750px) Image search: [Google]
1494259172117.png
714KB, 928x750px
>>376400928
>How hard is it to get a QC beta key btw?
In a couple of days, probably not hard at all.
>>
>>376401028
Neat, now to play the waiting game.
>>
>>376401017
wow you are still reposting this same shill talking point in these threads, nobody believes your bullshit or feels threatened by your NOT REAL QUAKE FAN garbage
>>
It's shit, it's not OW but it's shit. Far more attention paid to microtransactions over gameplay. Hit boxes, hit registration, weapons are all terrible.
>>
>>376401028
FUCKING FINALLY
>>
>>376401028

Two reasons to get mad:
1) SO MUCH FOR "LONG BETA"
2) Are you fucking for real okay, right. So Bethesda is definitely going full retard with this and Id have no power to say no. QC has barely fucking changed since the start of the closed beta and it's in immense amounts of shit netcode and performance wise. The game is absolutely nowhere near ready for a public demo.
SO YEAH, LET'S DO IT LIKE EVERY OTHER FUCKING BETA AND JUST USE IT AS MARKETING, WHY NOT?

Jesus fucking christ it's like they're hemorrhaging testers that are pissed because you keep asking them to test the same broken shit repeatedly so they're inviting shit tonnes of players, only for THOSE players to tell you your game is busted shit, so you're inviting EVERYONE.
If QC comes out and is actually decent it'll be a fucking miracle at this point.
>>
>>376396614
WOW ANOTHER SHILL THREAD FOR A FUCKING TERRIBLE MOBA "SHOOTER"

KILL YOURSELF SHILL OR BETTER YET GO PLAY SOME SHIT MOBAS AND GIVE YOURSELF A FUCKING HEART ATTACK SCREECHING TOO LOUD AS YOU LOSE YOU FUCKIN PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>376401821
This is some grade-A irony
>>
File: bethshit.png (415KB, 680x511px) Image search: [Google]
bethshit.png
415KB, 680x511px
>>376401949
kill yourself shill
>>
>>376402051
Exactly my point
>>
>>376402051
Elder Scrolls Legends
>>
>>376401028
Why not just make it an open beta if everyone gets a key anyway?
>>
Game feels great, lvl33 here with over 200played matches.

Been a ra3/defrag player back in the days and it feels quakish. still need some polishing here and there, especially regarding the rocket launcher which needs less delay and more splash/dmg.

Ping is lil bit over the place, I had everything from 9 to 40 but I guess thats still in the acceptable range.

Matchmaking so far is not present, which I like but I think the game needs a good match making service to cater to the casual audiance.

I also only look forward to clan arena and I think the majority of people will only play that mode. Its a another 5years of dm6 clan arena only but Iam fine with that.

Movement wise I think the speed cap should be removed from all characters, if you know how to strafe/circle its way to easy to max out your speed cap within several jumps. I dont think it will mater much in clan arena once everyone boosts them selfs with rockets and shit.

Plasmagun is gone but we have the nailgun now, the pushback from the nailgun is way higher than it was from the plasmagun so you can easily use nailgun climbs to reach certain places. The self damage from the nailgun is also next to nothing so I think a lot of people will use that more often instead of regular rocket jumps in duels (imho).

Certain hitboxes are retarded. Clutch/Sorlag for example are way to big, you can easily get 20-30% higher shaft dps on them just because of their hitboxes, which most often negates their higher base health. But that shit falls under character balance and I think its to earily to bitch about that, we have a beta for that after all.

waiting times before matches are WAY to long.
showing the map, waiting 60seconds till everyone joined, showing the characters, 60sec warmup, no rematch option. game also needs a team reshuffle option, even with match making.

well thats just my 2cents.

tl;dr its quake
>>
>>376402239
Implied scarcity is better marketing
>>
>>376402260
>you can easily get 20-30% higher shaft dps on them just because of their hitboxes, which most often negates their higher base health
Except they have like double the health, not 20-30% more.
>>
It's not CPMA so I don't like it. I'll try to stick to Reflex but if it doesn't grow I'll keep with fighting games.
>>
>>376402335
ranger for example has 100/75 (max), while clutch has 150/100(max). thats about 40~% more health on top of the speed difference, fatties wont be able to reach items like mh/armor/hp bubbles as fast as other chars giving them which is important.
>>
What sucks about Champions is I see a decent game buried under all the crap. Take out the hero shooter character crap, the massive amount of bullshit micro-transaction crap on every level, and not make it as cartoony as it is and it would be great.

Trying to make another Overwatch and going up against blizzard is just going to cause it to fail.
>>
>>376402335

The only have double if they're full stack, which is harder to do because pickups are only +25 health/armour
After one skirmish they're just slow squishies unless they're lucky enough to not be seen for a whole minute as they go around the entire map. This negates their higher health and only helps them at spawn, but you have shit starting weapons and EVERYONE is using LG for various reasons.
Plus the netcode is shit so if you can't warp around with a higher base speed ADADing you just make yourself vulnerable.

Not to mention the TTK is lower for most weapons EXCEPT the LG which has increased, despite the average decrease in EHP across all champs including a reduction in how efficient armour works, and LG becomes even more deadly to fatties.

The only help their increased health gets them is they can tank two rails. That's it.
>>
As someone in the beta, I really like it
The gameplay feels tight as fuck
I just hate that zooming in increases your damage
>>
>>376401793
this
>>
>>376397782
>No [insert player model here], no buy/rent.
kys
>>
File: gears of war at his computer.png (10KB, 369x300px) Image search: [Google]
gears of war at his computer.png
10KB, 369x300px
>>376396614
HUUUUH
>>
File: slash.png (99KB, 392x307px) Image search: [Google]
slash.png
99KB, 392x307px
if u play overwatch after qc comes out you have a slim boner and a small dick but if you play qc then you have a fat boner and a big dick

u know its true
>>
>>376401793

[10:42 PM] SyncError: @Weird We're still in closed beta. I know they are making keys available like hotcakes, but development wise, we're still in closed beta.

[10:42 PM] SyncError: But we'll have a changelog and let you know what's in.
>>
>>376396614
These kind of shooters died as an e-sport in the mid-early 2000s. I don't know why they're trying to resurrect them now.
>>
>>376405409
nothing wrong with that, not everyone loves to play fucking mobas or other team based shit.
some here prefer 1vs1, no excuses like "my teammates sucked".
>>
>>376405409
They're not. Its clearly geared towards teambased games. Champions in duel is stupid no matter how you look at it, but works okay in a team based environment.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.