[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it called Mass Effect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: portraitsara.png (52KB, 261x321px) Image search: [Google]
portraitsara.png
52KB, 261x321px
Why is it called Mass Effect?
>>
>>376395546
Because you turn 360 degrees and walk away.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (163KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
163KB, 1920x1080px
Because of the Dark Energy plotline. I don't normally get hyped for series-enders but that fucking conclusion was amazing when they wrapped up the story arcs in Priority: Earth. The whole Reaper reveal was crazy and the moral choice at the end where you see all of your choices pan out had great complexity. The combat sections were pretty cool too, like when Hammer almost got decimated but then saved by an air drop of Geth Primes and Turian Blackwatch. I thought it might be a bit drawn out, but the end cutscene that showed those full animated scenes of the aftermath for each character brought so much closure I had a tear in my eye. Great game, thank you Casey Hudson.
>>
Just read the codex my boy.
>>
>>376395546
Anyone else think she's kinda cute?
>>
>>376395809
Also, I don't yet why people messed up so much. The difference of the final push with and without Jenkins is night and day and I can't play it without him. His arc in ME2 is also pretty cool, can't believe people kill him off so much
>>
>>376395546
I take the game as a personal offense. Like literally I feel like they went out of their way the make the game bad in ways specifically I would dislike.
>>
>>376395546

Element Zero, also known as "eezo", is a rare material that, when subjected to an electrical current, releases dark energy which can be manipulated into a mass effect field, raising or lowering the mass of all objects within that field. A positive current increases mass, a negative current decreases it. This "mass effect" is used in countless ways, from generating artificial gravity to manufacturing high-strength construction materials. It is most prominently used to enable faster-than-light space travel without causing time dilation. When humans discovered the Prothean ruins on Mars, they also discovered refined element zero that the Protheans had left behind. It enabled research into FTL ship drives, and drove much of all technological innovation and advancement for mankind for the years following.
>>
It's a property of physics that's discovered that allows for FTL travel in the game's universe, along with other things like psuedo-psychic powers.

The original plot of the trilogy was going to be that it would be revealed that using mass effect technology damaged space itself, and would result in the eventual destruction of the galaxy. The big villains of the series, the Reapers, purge all biological life from the galaxy every 50k years. The original idea behind this was that an organic species had created the Reapers as intelligent AI long ago and tasked them to solve the mass effect destructiveness problem with their super robo-brains, and the best solution they could come up with was to kill all life that would try to use the technology to stop the problem short-term and then spend 50k years trying to find a better solution to no avail. You can even see remnants of the plot in the games, like the "mysteriously" dying stars Tali was investigating that went nowhere.
So, the name of the series was going to actually be relevant. It would be the driving force behind the villains' actions.

Instead, the creative team was gutted for shills, who decided the more easily grasped and sellable plot was just "man vs. machine". So the Reapers were retconned to have a more understandable-to-the-braindead motive of "we kill organics b/c organics are bad and end up killing themselves so we kill them first to stop that (????????)".

So it's called Mass Effect for no fucking reason. It's a minor unimportant lore detail. It could've been named "Hanar Float" and it would've been as descriptive. I fucking hate you EA.
>>
>>376396285
You mad but that's an interesting tidbit.
>>
So fetish artists can make funny puns on the name.
>>
I'M ONLY HUMAN
>>
File: saraah.png (382KB, 494x427px) Image search: [Google]
saraah.png
382KB, 494x427px
>>376395918
yes
>>
>>376396285
No, the original trilogy was that biotics, mass effect fields and a large etc interacted with dark energy, which hastened it's increase, thus increasing entropy, and making the predicted heat death of the universe arrive much faster.
This is implied in that level in ME2 as you said, in the mission where you recruit Tali with the star that's dying much faster than it should.
>>
>>376398150
That's pretty much what I said. Couldn't remember the exact details.

It was a much more compelling premise then what they ended up with. The Reapers being inorganic life that killed organic life because organic life had a tendency of creating inorganic life that killed organic life is so fucking stupid and self-contradictory that I honestly cannot believe the """""writers""""" even thought it up.
>>
>>376396285
>>376398150

Didn't know that. That would have been much better :(
>>
>>376395546
She sure has an Effect on my Mass.
>>
>>376400634
>:(
Fuck off reddit.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.