[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will there ever be another mech game this good/like this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: SBC.jpg (492KB, 1513x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SBC.jpg
492KB, 1513x1000px
Will there ever be another mech game this good/like this?
>>
>>376388945
Nope. Never.
>>
>>376388945
Feckin' love this game.

Everything about the design and animation was so awkward but it's an easy 9/10 through the gameplay alone.

Heart dropped like a rock when i found out the ps3 sequel was trashed.
>>
>>376390202
Oh yeah the graphics were not top tier, I'm talking pure gameplay on this one.

My heart did the same.
>>
>>376390961
Till this day I wish I could recreate a game like this. Maybe not 1:1 exact, but something in the same vein as how it was.

Even the story was so good and I sort of like the fact that it was toned down as it was, yet the sneak some adult stuff into the mix occasionally
>>
>>376388945
This is one of the few games that I would consider comfy.
>>
>>376391079
It was really clever how they balanced the tone. If you were only up for a nice relaxed play session, the so called comfy feeling? You could do that, but then you could go in and get another sort of play. Yeah, I could spend all day mining fossils, delivering stuff, buying clothes, relaxing, playing music, and that sort of stuff, or I could go in and fight mechs in the arena, hunt down bandits and stuff like that. The stories the game could tell had similar breadth, it was never too serious, but it still managed to hit different notes.

Also, just being able to start off playing the game by giving the girl you just met on the beach to the bandits when they stop you on the road was hilarious. You want my money? Sure! Have the girl too!
>>
>>376388945

Nope it was perfect. The psp spinoff was good too
>>
>>376388945
Does the game emulate well? I tried it a couple of years ago and it didn't work very well.
>>
>>376391149
Several things add to that. The visuals aren't great, but the lighting, music and little details like going into the city and having to wait on traffic lights, and that sort of thing, sitting in a park or on a street corner watching the traffic go by, or playing music as the day ends.

I can't think of anything quite like it. I tried the PSP spinoff and it was good, but didn't quite hit the same mark. So I went into the Harvest Moon and Runefactory style games looking for something similar. I like some of those, but none of them got there.

I even went back and replayed some of the Armored Core games I liked, just to get my mech fix, and, without the other elements Steambot provided, it just wasn't the same, obviously, even though getting to customize your mech is a big part of the fun, it's far from the only factor that makes the game work.
>>
>>376391448
I honestly cannot tell you. I still have my PS2 copy to play, so I've never felt the need to try.
>>
>>376391448
I tried emulating it, but to get it running smoothly you'll need to run it in software mode or some shizz.

Raised my CPU temps like balls
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (261KB, 696x392px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
261KB, 696x392px
>was about to go to sleep
>fucking Steambot thread

Vanilla and Connie is one of the greatest love stories in vidya
>>
>>376392072
I gave her to the bandits....

she forgave me

;_;
>>
>>376392072
Forgot how hot connie was
>>
too bad the in game graphics dont live up to the artwork
game is still great though
>>
File: 1493575229986.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493575229986.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>376392072
>tracing her steps at the end of the game all the way back to the beach where she found you, and finally getting to tell her you love her
>she stays with you for the rest of the postgame
>tfw finally visiting Chicory's grave with her

The world is worse off because the sequel doesn't exist. We will never get a game like it again.
>>
This game gives me warm memories. It was just so fucking comfy. But it wasn't one of those "Only comfy" games either. It had sweet comfy things sure, walking around town, playing music, dating a waifu. But you could do so many things on the action. Enter the battle tournament, go exploring in battle zone, fight all sorts of baddies. Game was just so good.

Goddamn them for not making another one.
>>
>>376393060
You know what, in a way i guess you're right. The game should rest with this. Though i wish there was a proper PC port at least.
>>
>>376393295
I said "worse off", fuck that shit i want more comfy mecha shenmue adventures
>>
>>376388945
>same character art on both sides of the case

I know this is no reflection of the game's quality but god damn.
>>
>>376392072
It amazes me how few games actually know how pull off a romance effectively.
>>
>>376393092

>Goddamn them for not making another one

You're better off cursing tsunami's and pachinko.
>>
>>376388945
We can always pray, I guess.
>>
File: fidel asstro.jpg (197KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
fidel asstro.jpg
197KB, 1024x768px
>>376388945
you might not know this but lost planet 2 exists
>>
(semi-related)
>>
Is this finally playable on pcsx2?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.