[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jauffre ought to know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

File: images.jpg (4KB, 168x192px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 168x192px
He lives quietly as a monk at Waynon Priory
>>
MARTUHNN
>>
In the city of chorrol
>>
I don't have much here at hand but you're welcome to anything you need from my chest in the reading room, baby.
>>
The amulet of kings! Who are you? How did you get this?
>>
I remember in 2006 when they were hyping oblivion, all they could talk about was radiant AI how its this big revolution. Nigga, writing a few scripts to have a particular NPC follow a routine of sleep, eat, sweep, stand around etc aint that hard.

It hasn't evolved much since then either. FO4 npcs still just as robotic as ever.
>>
>>376388298
BY THE NINE BY THE NINE BY THE NINE
>>
You're the hero of Kvatch!
>>
let's get to bashing butts as well as deez nuts
>>
>>376389040
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjbx6-KQoRg
Tell me lies~
>>
>>376389040
Radiant AI was originally supposed to be more than just scripts, the NPCs were supposed to dynamically react to the world around them and what happened in it. It was too ambitious for its own good, and ended up being bastardized.

Still it's certainly a lot better than NPCs who stay in the same place forever, which made the bastard radiant AI an improvement over the NPCs in almost every other RPG at the time.
>>
When the Blades were likable.
>>
File: jauffre-martin2.jpg (27KB, 415x350px) Image search: [Google]
jauffre-martin2.jpg
27KB, 415x350px
Near the city of Chorrol. Near the city of Chorrol.
>>
>>376389307
Lmao this was way better than even skyrim. I cirnge every time I'm thieving in skyrim and someone sleeping in the room I'm thieving in wakes up and roboticly get up out of bed slowly. Its the same animation every time. Or how about when people often sleep with their eyes open.
>>
>>376389307
Todd has a very soothing voice to listen to. I used to play his morrowind construction set tutorial as background noise
>>
JOIN THE FIGHTER'S GUILD
>>
BY AZURA
Y

A
Z
U
R
A
>>
File: jauffre-martin.jpg (54KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
jauffre-martin.jpg
54KB, 550x550px
YURRGH- Touch me again and I'll kill you.
>>
File: 600px-OB-npc-Imperial_Guard.jpg (65KB, 600x462px) Image search: [Google]
600px-OB-npc-Imperial_Guard.jpg
65KB, 600x462px
HAVE YOU SEEN ARMAND CHISTOPHE?
>>
>>376389527
>ie. Never
Mannimarco > your pathetic world
>>
>>376390509
IF YOU'VE GOT THE STONES FOR IT
>>
Y-YOU TOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KU5fXUx4N4
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN80_7rNmcE
Have you heard of the high elves?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTJm2SFSxgY
>>
>>376391030
The world in Oblivion can be best described as one where every single person happens to have autism.
>>
>>376391307
>The Godhead is actually an Autist
This is probably true.
>>
>>376388298
I've heard others say the same
>>
>>376392064
Get lost, breton trash.
>>
>>376392213
Ohhh, if that's the way you feel.

..How goes it?
>>
>>376390716
nope, now post bestiality mods
>>
WHY? WON'T? YOU? DIEEEE?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoKl98C_w-s
>>
>tfw elder scrolls will never be as fantastic as Oblivion ever again
thanks for nothing, Skyrimjob
>>
BY THE NINE DIVINES UH SOLT UH SOLT
>>
In the city of chorrol
>>
>>376392291
I saw a mudcrab the other day. Dreadful creatures.
>>
>Skyrim will never be this good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQi9KnMVjLo
>>
Why were Oblivions quests so much better than both Morrowind and Skyrim? What was happening with Bethesda at this time that made them just go all out with it?
>>
>>376393305
I think Oblivion's quests got the same treatment worldbuilding got in Morrowind. 'Oh wow, our production costs just skyrocketed, better put extra effort into what we can afford to make'. And then they realized they didn't have to bother, so the next game was raw sewage.
>>
>>376392803
You elves are all the same
>>
>>376389040
the problem was it became too... dynamic. remember that skooma dealer you killed with the dark brotherhood? well beta testers found him already dead in 90% of the cases. why? because his customers, skooma fiends already killed him to get the drugs! that is just one of the examples how advanced this ai was. so they had to gut everything so we can enjoy playing quests by ourselves, and not them being finished by npcs.
>>
>>376392770
>>376393305
I remember a time when everyone hated Oblivion as much as they hate Skyrim today
>>
>>376395489
And Skyrim will be praised once the next ES drops. Welcome to /v/.
Meanwhile, Morrowind is still over-all the best game in the series.
>>
>>376389040
They are robotic possibly because they are either synths or actual robots, like those mister handies at that one farm.
>>
>>376395698
Only becuase TES keeps getting worse with every release after morrowind.

Leading upto Morrowind, every release got new features, and added complexity for old features - since Morrowind, every game has been more streamlined with less features and lore.

So when TES VI releases it's almost guaranteed to be more streamlined with less features and lore than Skyrim, which will make Skyrim look good in comparison (but never as good as the releases prior, back to Morrowind)
>>
>>376396791
Oblivion actually improved a lot on Morrowind, while admittedly neglecting areas as well

Skyrim is inferior in every single way compared to Oblivion
>>
>>376394726
Bethesda always use claims like that as to why they also make certain NPC's invincible, but what I don't understand is why don't they just make those important NPC's invincible against other NPC's only? I think it's just a cheap excuse because they don't want to admit to being lazy.
>>
>>376388298
What do you want, Breton trash?!
>>
>from my chest
>from my chest
>in the reading room
>baby
>>
>>376389307
the 3 voice actors for the entire game tend to break the immersion
>>
>>376394726
I liked the story of the aquatic monks making a living off of pearl diving, then healing each others' damage from drowning
>>
>>376395489
I still hate Oblivion. The level scaling fucks it so hard. The game punishes you for playing it.

>Level 1
>Sneak Attack a goblin with my iron dagger
>It dies instantly
>Level 30
>Sneak Attack a goblin with my daedric sword of greater assfucking
>Goblin loses 10% health
>>
>>376397004
Near the City of Chorrol
Near the city of Chorrol
>>
>>376397614
I've never seen 50% of the games enemies
just imps and mudcrabs
>>
>>376397614
No, it punishes you for SLEEPING.
I've done many runs maxing out at level 5.

Since skills don't need a level up to increase, you don't really need to level unless you're using trainers a lot instead of just grinding an skill.
You can have Alteration to 100 by the time you hit the Imperial City.
>>
File: no.jpg (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
6KB, 200x200px
>>376389040
The best part?

Ultima VII had radiant AI, except it didn't call it that. It just had every single NPC in the game following a schedule based on time, day and conditions. They'd even duck into cover out of the rain witcher style, something Oblivion didn't do.

Some of the scripting was complicated too, too complicates in some rare cases: NPCs who would get an almost dorfish single-mindedness about making a trip to a local town and plough through a goblin hoard and get massacred.

This was what, 98? 97? I'm sure if we looked there's a game with comparable AI that's even older. The only difference is that they didn't have the Prince of Lies fronting their company.

I actually unironically love Oblivion very much, and much of /v/ deeply pissed me off when it essentially flip-flopped about the game a year later
>>
>>376397826
>I actually unironically love Oblivion very much
I've heard others say the same.
>>
File: jim.jpg (23KB, 329x281px) Image search: [Google]
jim.jpg
23KB, 329x281px
>>376397962
>>
>>376389307
man, these I watched the shit out of these oblivion preview videos back in the day. Was so hyped for it at the time...
>>
>>376397962
Farewell
>>
>>376396929
I'm almost certain he's being ironic, or is actually Todd, because in no way is that what happened.

Fun story /v/, I know exactly what happened in the example here. This wasn't some kind of cool AI breakout where the NPC robots worked a way around druggy Asimov's 3 rules and decided to cut out the middleman to get their drugs. This would be cool, and interesting.

What ACTUALLY happened is something that would have happened in Morrowind too, and had nothing to do with radiant AI.

Essentially, there was a flag that drug users would have when holding or using the drug that made them constantly commit an illegal act. The skooma dealer would essentially be a walking field of infinite legal violations, and this pissed off everyone around him, everyone. Not just the druggies, it was just they were next to him.

So someone would enter, kill him and then SOMETIMES auto-pickup his shit. No cool AI, just essentially a bug.
>>
>>376397962
>>376398081
*snort*
>>
>>376395489
We didn't know how bad things can get.
>>
File: rina_xxxiii_by_metalhed13.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
rina_xxxiii_by_metalhed13.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
Despite all this time I still like Oblivion female mods more than Skyrim's.
>>
>>376398835
>2018, Elder Scrolls VI comes out
>The only skills are "Combat", "Magic" and "Stealth"
>Only two slots for clothes: head and body
>Can only play as the race of the canon protagonist
>Voiced protagonist, all dialogue responses limited to "Yes", "No", "Yes (Sarcastic)" and "More Information".
>The only joinable faction outside the main quest is the "Adventurer's Guild". You become supreme god-leader 3 quests after joining.
>>
>>376399340
stop giving Todd ideas
>>
>>376398081
You too
>>
Of course, being a bard is almost as bad as being-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-sfzyLrrag
>>
>>376399340
Combat and magic should be in the same category, three options are too overwhelming.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.