[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Souls games final bosses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: soulsborne.png (1MB, 1808x324px) Image search: [Google]
soulsborne.png
1MB, 1808x324px
Now that I have finally finished Demon's Souls, my rating for the final bosses of soulsborne games is this:
Gwyn > Soul of Cinder > Moon Presence > Aldia > King Allant
(Final boss in my eyes is the last boss you fight before credits)

Maybe my nostalgia affects me a little bit since Das1 was the first game of the series that I played, but Gwyn was honestly the best final boss in the series to me, both lore and gameplay wise. Maybe I just sucked nuts at DaS back then, but I had some trouble beating Gwyn, but all the other last bosses I could take down in one or two tries. His music is my favourite track in the series, he has a really cool arena, and the lore about his battle is the best to me, except for maybe Moon Presence. You go in expecting an epic final battle, only to find a broken man who has lost everything, and has been reduced to a mere husk of his former self.

Aldia and King Allant are both pretty underwhelming to me, big brown blobs that try to smack you to death. Neither of them are really that hard either. I'm not gonna go into the lore of it, because I'm not too familiar with Aldia. or any of Demon's Souls lore.

Moon Presence as a fight is also pretty underwhelming, I fought him the first time in NG+ and didn't die. But the lore behind him is good, he's the one running the hunter's dream, and creating hunters to kill the other Great Ones. Because you had killed Gehrman, his surrogate child, he embraces you and tries to make you his next surrogate child, but the player has too much insight at that point.

And then, Soul of Cinder. Soul of Cinder has an amazingly cool concept of him being able to use pretty much any playstyle, but he was too easy. I beat him first try, and I honestly just wish he would've been more challenging. He could've also changed his fighting style a bit more often, making the fight more varied, and he could've also had a little more HP or defense.
cont.
>>
>>376387432
As for the lore of Soul of Cinder, it's very interesting: he's the amalgamation of all the warriors who have linked the first flame over the ages. And during the second phase when he turns into basically Gwyn, and Gwyn's theme starts playing, it was a really nice throwback to DaS1, and a good indication of the end of the whole series
>>
Come on, don't die now I'm just trying to start a conversation
>>
bloodborne isnt part of the souls series fuck off already
>>
>>376388291
Since when? Pretty much everyone on /v/ considers it a part of the series
>>
>>376388291
It's canonically the sequel to ringed city from the painting
>>
>>376387615
I loved soul of cinder. Amazing both in gameplay and concept. Perfect as a final boss to the triology (but ds2 isnt canon)
Wasnt nashandra the final boss of ds2? Lmao what a joke
>>
File: aldia.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
aldia.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
>>376388895
Nashandra used to be the final boss, but Aldia was added in later to be fought after her
>>
3/5 of those aren't the final boss.
>>
I really just wish you couldn't parry gwyn.
>>
>>376389168
what do you mean? you fight the boss, and then you get the credits, so that means it's the final boss
>>
Moon Presence is one of the better ones because of that move that made 100% of your health gray. The game is supposed to be about attacking to recover health instead of backing down to heal. Boss forces this idea. Good shit.

Shame the rest of the game fails to do this. Backing down to heal is the correct answer like 90% of the time.
>>
Gherman > False king Allant > Soul of cinder > Gwyn > Aldia

no, moon presence and true king allant don't count
>>
>>376389689
Yeah that was a pretty good idea, and then after that attack Moon Presence is stunned for a while so you can get most of your health back
>>
>>376388787
no it's canonically the sequel to demon's souls due to removed voice lines
>>
>>376389952
False King Allant does not count as a final boss in any sense because you can beat him at almost any point in the game. And yes, Moon Presence and true king Allant do count, because after them the credits play, menaing they are the final boss. And if you're gonna say that moon presence is optional, so is Gehrman
>>
>>376390187
they don't count because they are mercy killing lore battles, not actual challenging boss fights
>>
>>376388895
>ds2 isnĀ“t canon
did i miss something?
references to it are even in ds3 so how do you get that idea?
>>
>>376390385
That doesn't even make sense, just because it's not challenging doesn't mean it's not a boss fight
>>
>>376390385
>is the final fight before the end of the game
>has a boss health bar
>you fight it
>this is somehow not the final boss of demon's souls
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>376391297
>>376391197
when a "boss" is made with the intention to be a mercy killing that takes literal retardation to die to with no puzzle gimmick, it's not a true boss
>>
True King Allant is like Nyx in Persona 3.
Its technically fought after the real final boss but it doesnt really qualify as a boss. At least very few fans even consider it a boss.
>>
File: 1481077262895.jpg (84KB, 664x648px) Image search: [Google]
1481077262895.jpg
84KB, 664x648px
>>376390701
It's ds2 is worst soulsborn game meme
>>
>>376391374
From gave it a boss health bar therefore it's the final boss. You just want "final boss", to mean something more than the last boss you have to kill to get the credits.
>>
>>376391725
yeah, no

that pig in the chalice dungeons or the brainsucker are not bosses
>>
Guys it's a game no reason to get aggressive. I personally agree that if it has a boss health bar and is the last entity you fight before the game canonically ends then it should be considered a final boss, regardless of how easy or hard it is.
>>
>>376391808
>has a boss bar
>in a boss room
>boss music

yeeaahh, I don't know but I'm gonna go ahead and call it a boss anyway
>>
>>376388291
fuck off pc uck
>>
File: 1414267257101.jpg (46KB, 500x560px) Image search: [Google]
1414267257101.jpg
46KB, 500x560px
Who is the final boss of 4chan?
>>
>>376391924
go ahead, I don't care what you call it
>>
>>376391531
What would you say is the real final boss then? In Demon's Souls you can choose which order you fight all the demons in, so there's not really any other "final" boss besides true king Allant
>>
>>376391974
Reddit
>>
File: roll.jpg (110KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
roll.jpg
110KB, 1280x718px
HERE WE GO CHUMS!!!
>>
>>376394104

no whammies
>>
>>376394104
lets go
>>
>>376394104
Give me something good
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.