[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About to start playing this bad boy. What am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 91OuAkb20ML._SY500_.jpg (53KB, 355x500px) Image search: [Google]
91OuAkb20ML._SY500_.jpg
53KB, 355x500px
About to start playing this bad boy.

What am I in for?
>>
Disappointment.
>>
>>376385963

ugly faces
>>
>>376385963
Load screens
>>
>TES on a console
>>
>>376385963

no mods
>>
>>376385963
Down's Syndrome and psychic guards.
>>
The best Elder Scrolls game and one of the greatest games of all time.
>>
An antiquated RPG
>>
Level scaling out the ass
Completely generic, uninteresting and samey environments
>>
>>376386187

>dumbest application of level scaling ever
>best
>>
>>376385963
A leveling system so insanely disgusting that you will want to wish great and terrible physical and mental harm upon those who thought of such a terrible system.
>>
>Tamriel went from fantastic landscapes to generic medieval Europe
>>
>>376386154
>>376386168
How much do mods actually improve Oblivion?

I can get it on PC, but I already have it on console.
>>
>>376386257

>the main things that make me hesitate to replay Oblivion is the level scaling and the disgusting faces
>no method to fix either
>>
best one by far
>>
>>376385963
the leveling is ass

otherwise its alright
>>
good if you played it 5 years ago. also shit leveling system have fun
>>
File: kiah.jpg (99KB, 573x960px) Image search: [Google]
kiah.jpg
99KB, 573x960px
>>376386319
Mods, if you are even willing to put a little bit of effort into it, increase the quality so much it's not even fucking funny. Some of the larger overhauls, or getting a lot of mods, can make modding a pain in the ass, especially graphically. But when you are getting a small amount it usually isn't difficult, and aside from graphics they are usually not problems mixing them, and there are so many that improve the quality immensely.

You might not be able to appreciate it as much if you've never played without mods but I would always recommend some. Which ones depend on what type of experience you want. All TES games are good and worth playing with mods, it's a shame to play without them. Pirate if you don't want to shell out money but just never play a TES game on a console, ever, coming from someone who originally did.
>>
Worse gameplay than Morrowind.

Worse visuals than Skyrim.

Literally why, OP.
>>
>>376385963
Have you heard of the high elves?
>>
>>376385963

comfy
ass
music

holy shit
>>
>>376387148
Its visuals are worse than Morrowind's too because of how generic everything is
>>
File: oblivion.png (3MB, 1024x2304px) Image search: [Google]
oblivion.png
3MB, 1024x2304px
>>376385963
Worst AAA game of all time.
>>
>>376386319
It depends, there's a lot of people here who will tell you the game is unplayable without mods but that's because a lot of people don't even play these games vanilla in the first place, they download mods before the game has even finished installing.

I played it for about 4 years on an Xbox and I greatly enjoyed it, and it was actually the only game I played for that time. It completely curbed my interest in other games. Afterwards I got it on PC and while mods can add a lot of good shit it can also overcomplicate things so these days I exclusively use only UI and environmental improvements with a few "immersion" mods like having the need to eat, sleep etc.

But imo by no means are mods necessary to enjoy the game.
>>
>>376385963
SHIT
>>
>>376386319

There's mods that fix the heinous faces, and the level scaling. The unofficial patches are also necessary because Bethesda games are buggy as shit, and always will be.

Anything after that is up to you. Personally, I'm not a fan of the vanilla bodies or textures.
>>
>>376387468
He's right but I still like it
>>
>>376385963
this is one of those games which was optimized to run better on the 360 than it was on pc's of that time.
>>
File: Todd-Howard-Wallpaper-1.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Todd-Howard-Wallpaper-1.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>376385963
Oblivion is a good entry level, but may I recomend either the Skyrim: Special Edition with the Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn expansions or even better, a subscrition to the Elder Scrills Online for the full Elder Scrolls experience?
>>
I actually re-installed the game but then realized that I never played the game with mods, just vanilla and one time using the console to type commands.

Anyone know any must have mods? be it for level scaling or environmental or whatever?
>>
>>376386319
It's not about mods, you retard. It's about console. These games are a broken buggy mess,
>>
>>376389363
You fucking pleb, Todd would never shill ESO. It's a direct competition to his games.
>>
>>376387468
>regurgitating the rantings of an angry autist
neck yourself my man
>>
>>376392798
>bumping dead threads with a shitpost
>>
>>376385963
A game that's much worse than Morrowind but much better than Skyrim.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.