[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about Telltale Games. Which game is your favorite?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: image.png (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
22KB, 400x400px
Let's talk about Telltale Games. Which game is your favorite?
>>
File: 1292678317910.jpg (136KB, 861x555px) Image search: [Google]
1292678317910.jpg
136KB, 861x555px
Borderlands is objectively the best
Game of thrones is objectively the worst.
>>
"Games"
>>
I enjoyed Batman even though it felt very detached from the feel of the comics from the past 15 years. It's why I didn't play GotG: I like DnA era Guardians and didn't want to get mad at a video game.
>>
>>376379428
The Wolf Among Us It's the only one I've played
>>
>>376380000
They really got the feeling of power right in that game. It was the direct opposite of game of thrones where you get constantly cucked the whole game through
>>
>>376379502
Why was Borderlands so fucking good? The other games had at least one really shitty episode to ruin it. Walking Dead had the episode with the cannibals. Game of Thrones had those fucking Mira episodes. Wolf Among Us didn't have a noticeable drop in quality, but overall it wasn't that fun. They're just so fucking terrible at writing hurr durr depressing games.
>>
File: 15127135141.png (126KB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
15127135141.png
126KB, 309x313px
Tales from the Borderlands

Season Two fucking never
>>
Objective Ratings of Nu-Telltale

>Walking Dead
>Borderlands
-ITEMS BELOW THIS LINE ARE NOT WORTH PLAYING-
>Jurassic Park
>The Wolf Among Us
>Walking Dead Season 2
>Batman
>Walking Dead Season 3
>Being stabbed in the liver
>Game of Thrones
>>
>>376380382

Because it wasn't, it was just less shit than usual

the writing was still forgettable a lot of the time and the actual """""gameplay"""" was absolutely tedious and made you wish you watched it on youtube instead
>>
>>376380269
>get shat on every other scene despite fulfilling all the QTEs
>HAHA NO BIGBY YOU THINK YOU DID THE TOUGH THING BUT YOU'RE A POSER

Wrong. If you're not immediately shut down for trying to play a tough guy then you're bitched at incessantly for the rest of the following scenes. Edgy Mary trumps you, you job to the Tweedles literally every scene that isn't the last one, and even Georgie pushes you around. You can choose to beat up every character possible and they immediately stand back up afterwards and go "Did that make you feel better Bigby :^)))))" On top of the asinine plot that makes no logical sense and the very clearly dropped story threads it's right down there in the shitpit with Game of Thrones.
>>
File: sam_and_max_logo.png (441KB, 750x870px) Image search: [Google]
sam_and_max_logo.png
441KB, 750x870px
Sam and Max.
Despite unpopular opinion, I enjoyed Season 3 the most for actually making Max an integral part of puzzle solving rather then just have him wandered around and be mostly useless and experimenting with a central, more dramatic focused plot.

I know wishing for them to make actual point n click puzzle games is never gonna happen but I'd forgive TellTales many faults if the finally made a season 4. Maybe focus more on the interrogation puzzles they experimented with and give them more depth ala L.A. Noir. Have Sam play good cop and Max be a bad cop to try to get information from people.
>>
File: burr face.png (80KB, 201x186px) Image search: [Google]
burr face.png
80KB, 201x186px
>>376380269
>feeling of power
>in a movie
>>
I find their constant reusing of animations and their "everyone has a worried face every 3 seconds" face.

That shit is on Dreamworks smile levels of annoying.
>>
Someone please explain the plot and ending of TWAU for me.
>>
>>376380978
I said feeling of power not being a complete edgelord. When Bigby puts on his serious face he always comes out on top. Always.
>>
File: 1491776916954.jpg (64KB, 573x581px) Image search: [Google]
1491776916954.jpg
64KB, 573x581px
>>376380582
Good ratings friend.
>>
>>376381041
Sam & Max was by far the most fun of all Telltale games, but no one remembers it's existence.
Season 3 was a good change of pace, the plot got considerably more dark but not on TWD levels of faggotry.
>>
>>376379502
People underrate the game too much. List legitimate reasons why GoT is the worst, and no, don't say 'muh illusion of choice' because that's in all telltale games
>>
I liked Game of Thrones. It had potential to be a good revenge story, but they ended season 1 with more dickkicking for the players. Season 2 could be salvaged if they throw in more cameos from the show and had the player actually succeeding for once.
>>
>>376380978
>If you're not immediately shut down for trying to play a tough guy then you're bitched at incessantly for the rest of the following scenes.

They bitch at you regardless.

I enjoyed at least the massive amount of property damage you could cause in the "game."
>>
>>376381694
I don't like being a cuck. Introduce a bad guy then have him fuck you up, then get back at him. that feels good. From start to finish, ever waking moment of GoT was just the player getting cucked. Everything you did was wrong, every choice you made resulted in you getting cucked and the climax of the story doesn't even make up for it. You just get hyper cucked to top it all off. Unless you let Asher live then choose a very specific set of choices. The whole thing was just unfun to play. And the fact that it kept switching perspectives of like five different characters didnt help either
>>
File: sammunmax.png (146KB, 300x371px) Image search: [Google]
sammunmax.png
146KB, 300x371px
>>376379502
>>376379795
>>376380000
>>376380382
>>376380449
>>376380582
>>376381751
>>376382057
>moviefags

Telltale's best series will always be S&M because it's actually a GAME. Honorable mention to Monkey Island
>>
>>376382057
There's no real ending, either. It's just a big wink and a nudge that says "Guess you'll have to buy the next one, huh?"

What's the timeframe for these games anyway? Telltale seems absolutely overburdened with people throwing IPs at them.
>>
>>376382157
Fuck off with your furry shit no one cares.
>>
>>376380582
I agree with all below borderlands except Wolf Among us.

That one is clearly bait.
>>
>nobody in this thread is cool or attractive enough for SBCG4AP
>>
>>376382450
>tfw no homestar tv series
>>
>>376382450
What did you expect on /v/?
>>
>>376381694
They tried to apply the formula they made from TWD to GoT and it didn't translate very well. A self contained story following original characters works for TWD. But it just doesn't work with GoT. The characters and the events of the show can't be touched. It's a very different type of feeling of your choices not mattering. With TWD you know there's at least a possibility you can kill a villain. With GoT you know that there's nothing you can do about Ramsey Snow. You know that there's no possibility of you rallying together your allies and trying to fight back against the Lannisters because that's not how it happens in the show. So you're pretty much on cruise control in a game where you literally can't make any decisions because it might contradict the official story.
>>
>>376382620
two more eggs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QqLp8FnXUo
>>
>>376382157
I'm still mad they abandoned actual adventure games, I love them.
>>
>>376382771
In an alternate universe, Telltale releases less games, action games, in the style of Naughty Dog's games, where it's still very linear and has QTEs, but there's still a fun game underneath. And they evolve their celshaded style and start hiring decent animators. That would've been nice.
>>
>>376379502
>What is Wolf Among Us?
>>
>>376383427
[glass him]
>>
>>376382157
Sam & Max Season 3 was really bad, and Tales of Monkey Island was absolutely fucking awful.
>>
>>376379428
OK, let's talk about how they haven't made an actual game since like 2011.
>>
>>376379428
I stopped caring after Sam and Max ended
>>
>>376379428
The Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Borderlands, and TWD Season 1 were the only Telltale games I actually enjoyed.

The rest just felt like wastes of time. Haven't even touched their Batman or Guardians of the Galaxy games.
>>
>>376382450
As much as I love Homestar Runner you gotta admit they've fallen off.
Mainly because they don't put out anything, but when they do it's fucking glorious.
I'm glad the brothers chaps got a show but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't trade anything for more Homestar Runner and another game.
>>
>>376379428
Borderlands was good but I only played ep 1 because I pirated it and couldn't get the other eps to work because I'm retarded
>>
>>376381149
This was a funny post thank you for making me laugh, btw can I save that image
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.