[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Out of all three of these, which is the most overrated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 8

File: tyf.png (2MB, 2566x404px) Image search: [Google]
tyf.png
2MB, 2566x404px
Out of all three of these, which is the most overrated?
>>
Witcher
>>
>>376375239
Witcher IMO. I just don't like that combat style.
>>
witcher
>>
>>376375239
Red Dead came out in like what 2010? Both that and the Witcher blow Zelda out of the water not only in technical but gameplay aspects as well
>>
Witcher
>>
Zelda, with Witcher in close second.
>>
File: 1491396181686.jpg (12KB, 217x280px) Image search: [Google]
1491396181686.jpg
12KB, 217x280px
>>376375378
>Both that and the Witcher blow Zelda out of the water not only in technical but gameplay aspects as well
>>
>>376375378
>gameplay aspects
Red dead had those?
>>
Red dead, played it 2 years ago for the first time it was a generic GTA rockstar game in the desert, been there done that
>>
>>376375239
Zelda
>>
Witcher
>>
>>376375239
Persona 5.
>>
Red Dead
If people say Zelda is empty than Red Dead is a fucking barren wasteland
>>
>>376377026
>Red Dead is a fucking barren wasteland
It's almost like it takes place in the wild west or something.
>>
The Last of Us and Zelda
>>
>>376377068
Not an excuse, if a setting doesn't provide good gameplay opportunity don't fucking use it
>>
>>376375239
>shitting on red dead

>>376377162
but it did
>>
>>376377184
But it didn't, punching a cougar drunk isn't an excuse for shitty cover shooting and bullet time that makes everything trivial
>>
>>376375239
Witcher has shit gameplay but everything else is pretty good. I liked RDR but I'm surprised it is getting a lot of hype now, seems to be more popular now than when it first came out. From what I played so far Zelda is pretty good and living up to some of the hype but time will tell. I'd say the Witcher series.
>>
File: sonygger inception.png (39KB, 228x208px) Image search: [Google]
sonygger inception.png
39KB, 228x208px
>>376375378
>>
>>376375239
Red Dead. Had a lot of control issues, graphical quality hasn't aged well, multiplayer is/was a mess.
>>
>>376375239
>Not including Persona 5
Out of those 3, I'd have to say Red Dead. That game gets its dick sucked way too hard by PCbros who beg for any game ever. Have some goddamn dignity.

Also, Rockstar games in general get their dicks sucked way too goddamn much.
>>
File: 1475887242639.jpg (3KB, 148x25px) Image search: [Google]
1475887242639.jpg
3KB, 148x25px
>>376375378
hahaha well meme'd
>>
RDR. GTAIV's engine is an abomination, those controls made the game much less fun than it should have been
>>
Faggots bitching about BoTW or Witcher 3 having a barren world and then praising Red Dead when its world is fucking empty compared to those two are hilarious as fuck.
>>
>>376375239
Breath of the Wild. Witcher is a masterpiece in storytelling and open world game design (and is highly but not overly praised), and Red Dead is a perfect realization of an underused setting/time period (which is overrated but most of its praise is warranted).
>>
>>376377880
Witcher 3 had a horrible open world. That was the most shoehorned aspect of the whole game, are you fucking with me?
>>
>>376377637
I was going with the theme of open world adventure games.

Persona is more action RPG.
>>
>>376377371
the mediocre gunplay didn't matter
>>
Haven't played RDR so can't judge that but was bored as hell by Witcher. Not a "bad" game per se, just boring.
>>
>>376375239
Red Dead.
The hype for the sequel feel like forced console warrior bullshit, as it was for the original. I say that as a someone who owns platforms that these games are on.
>>
>>376377946
>Every single point of interest in Witcher 3 had at least a minor story or lore component with it. Even if it was just a note describing what the chest or caravan was doing there.
>Open world was large enough to feel believable, but not so large traveling became a chore.
>Visually and aesthetically pleasing scenery.
>Horrible

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>376377972
I guess that makes sense. For games in general though, Persona 5 is definitely the most overrated game on this board.

"The best JRPG ever made" "It has no flaws or weaknesses" "It's STYLISH"
>>
>>376378191
All three of these are stylish, though.
>>
Bloodborne without a doubt
>>
>>376377637
You've got your shit backwards, the only people praising RDR are NEVER EVER fags. It's baffling that it now gets as much praise as it does on this board because when I had it on 360 I remember the general consensus being that GTA4 had the better graphics, story, and setting which I agree with. The western/desert world seems cool but it was my main problem with FO:NV as well in that it's bland, mostly empty by nature, and the only thing it has going for it is that it's not typically used. The only memorable part of RDR was Undead Nightmare which was actually really fucking cool and I'm sad GTA5 didn't get any SP DLC.

Rockstar in general isn't anywhere near as well liked on PC as on console because their track record is just as shitty as most other AAA developers - GTA4 and LA Noire and most of their pre-GTA5 output with their shoddy ports, GTA:O with its microtransactions and their strong anti-modding stance, all the permabans and their shitty Social Club and GFWL integration, porting GTA5 in tiers years later to reap as much money as possible through all five platforms, etc.

R* make VERY polished AAA games all things considered but for how much money they have to work with it's baffling how they still manage to improve so little even with their long dev cycles. Witcher 3 impressed me so much more than GTA 5 despite having a fraction of the development/marketing cost.
>>
Witcher those controls are shit not to mention the combat being brain dead anyway

Red Dead was at least kinda fun combat with shitty controls

Haven't played new Zelda so idk

>>376378191
Give it a couple months and we'll have whole threads about how the game was trash. These things happen in cycles here.
>>
>>376378191
>>376379489
people are already turning on it
>>
>>376375239
zelda bullshit
>>
>>376378763
Yeah, no one seemed to give a shit about RDR when it came out. I'm not sure what changed that is creating all the RDR2 hype.
>>
>>376378762

This.

Holy fuck that game was some faux-deep dogshit. What a waste of money.
>>
>>376379770
that's revisionist history, it was pretty popular here
>>
>>376379489
>>376379623
Not even close, Personafags are fucking everywhere. 1-2 shitposting threads aren't indicative of a trend.
>>
>>376375239
Red Dead, literally unplayable for months before patched (game breaking bugs and glitches). and even after that it was an alright game.
>>
>>376375239
bore of the wild.
>>
File: 1494017062056.jpg (111KB, 700x913px) Image search: [Google]
1494017062056.jpg
111KB, 700x913px
>>376380028
>>
>>376377543
I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S REAL AND WHAT'S A GAME ANYMORE
>>
>can't go 30 seconds without starting a console war
Why can't you sony and nintendo faggots do what actual cults do and drink some poison kool-aid or suicide bomb each other?
>>
RDR
>>
>>376378013
Same on W3. It had 10/10 production value and polishing with great detail and sidequests, but the gameplay was just not good enough to keep me going past 20 hours or so. The role playing elements are mediocre at best imo and the action was weak. Should have doubled down on one or the other. W2 also failed to do anything for me.
>>
BotW

It's a good game for sure, but not groundbreaking as either an open-world game or a Zelda game.
>>
>>376380473
what else are we supposed to do
>>
>>376380918
>but not groundbreaking as either an open-world game or a Zelda game.

I disagree, It did what other open-world games have failed to do. Remove boundaries of movement by including the Y-axis. It's stupid simple, but it honestly works wonderfully, never really done before at this scale either.
>>
>>376380827
I felt exactly like this, but i actually finished the whole game hoping it would pick it's self up in the 3rd act and it didn't.
>>
>>376375239
I'd say Witcher is definitely the weakest of the bunch in terms of combat and exploration, so I'm inclined to go with that.
>>
>>376381082
nms
>>
>>376381245
I'm gonna go ahead and say that procedural generated "open world" isn't in the same category as in the ones of the OP or any actual open world game.
>>
Witcher 3 bores the shit out of me. I wanted to like it but I dropped it after 12 hours and never went back. RDR was my favorite game of 2010, haven't played Zelda yet.
>>
File: 1460270675099.jpg (134KB, 964x616px) Image search: [Google]
1460270675099.jpg
134KB, 964x616px
>>376381418
Any open world game that lets you fly planes or helicopters could be argued to have removed the boundries usually placed on the Y-axis.
>>
>>376375239
Witcher
It had worse exploration and worse combat than the other two but MUH BASED SLAV DEVS CAN'T DO NO WRONG.
>>
Red Dead still looks, sounds, and feels fucking fantastic. An incredibly atmospheric game after all these years with the best story Rockstar has ever told and their best protag, to boot. I don't see how anyone could call it overrated.
>>
>>376382274
In theory, yes but it's not the same. Because flying is basically lifting the player character in the air and moving around the empty space. Adding the climbing to it adds the extra layer of interaction. I'd say something like Just Cause is similar in that regard.
>>
>>376382474
Would've been nice if you could join a bandit hideout for crime themed missions instead of wiping them out every time you came across them, also the black bandana mask made the game's fame/infamy system irrelevant.
>>
Witcher and rdr are two of the best games I've ever played.
>>
>>376382274

I'm with >>376382569, in GTA the use of the Y-axis is an earned reward by finding something that facilitates it, rather than serving as a basic function of your characters' movement and interaction with the world from start to finish, like BotW.
>>
File: 1458451427966.gif (458KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1458451427966.gif
458KB, 480x360px
>>376382569
I guess I could see that, what with stamina being a resource for it and all
>>
>>376378763
This

Having the copy-pasted GTA style mission structure outside of GTA was a non-starter for me. Was fun to ride around and shoot people for awhile though
>>
>>376375239
Easily the witcher. How could the devs spend so much time on voice acting, lip syncing, and quests when the games core movement, physics and combat is such a mess?
>>
RDR
It's GTA IV in a more barren open world wasteland that has little to no content
It has an okay story but it doesn't justify an open world setting
>>
>>376383127
But what about games like Xenoblade Chronicles X, where even before getting the flight pack for your skell, you can still reach about 80-90% of the map locations by carefully jumping?
>>
>>376383127
>>376382569
>>376381418
Infamous is the open world game I was trying to think of, though it didn't have a stamnina bar, climbing and generally staying above street level was rewarded in that game.
>>
Witcher
I played all three of them

t. Idort
>>
>>376375239
Witcher, easily. The gameplay is complete ass.
>>
Anyone who says witcher, and not red dead is a fucking hypocrite.The only reason you'd choose witcher, and not red dead is because 1 memes and 2 you prefer shooting over hitting shit with swords, and dodging
>>
>>376384545
RDR used Euphoria engine and had pretty good gunplay because of that
>>
>>376383820

That's a very fair counterpoint. I played plenty of XCX, and I won't sit here knocking the level of navigation you have even before Skell's come into play. However I also know that it doesn't come off quite so naturally as the same activity might in BotW with it's climbing mechanics in mind. I think there's a chance it boils down to the intent behind design; end game XCX expects to see you zipping across Mira in your decked out Skells and the worlds' design reflects that. BotW fully intends you paragliding and climbing the whole way through so it's taken into account at every level of the worlds design. Truth be told, splitting hairs between open-world Monolith and open-world Zelda is silly given how closely Monolith has been working with them as late.

I would say XCX is pretty close to BotW in the open-air style but the access to the y-axis, truly unfettered access, is limited in XCX to Skell flight despite how many precise jumps can get you elsewhere. It's not a basic function from the get go, where the limit to what you can climb and how high you can go is literally however many stamina-refilling items you can find and subsequent meals you can cook.

>>376384138

Have not played it, so I can't speak on it. However it sounds like something I might enjoy if what you say really is rewarded. Haven't owned a PS3, truthfully. Feels kind of silly this far into 2017 but there you have it.
>>
>>376375239
Breath of the Wild, because it isn't even a real Zelda game but the only reason people are praising it so highly is because it's a Zelda game.
>>
Red Dead

It's just GTA, but with even more filler travel time in-between the bland missions

People literally only like it because of the idea of it
>le "atmosphere" meme
>>
>>376377986
>the gameplay didn't matter

Millennials, everyone
>>
>>376385203
I haven't had a nintendo console since the N64, with regards to Infamous the reward for staying at rooftop level is being able to zip across powerlines and the tram with ease, it's also where you'll find most of the collectibles climbing it self is ass creed-lite and because it takes place in a New York/Chicago like city you have skyscrapers to deal with, the second one takes place in a partially flooded not!New Orleans with shorter buildings, better for traveling across, if you think you would prefer one style of map over another then play that one first, I think they're both pretty fun games.
>>
Witcher 3 easily.
>>
I don't get all the hate the witcher gets, the quests start to get formulaic in terms of what's you do,but the story's surrounding them are really interesting and you can tell they put so much heart into it.
>>
>>376385831

I'll be sure to remember the Infamous games when I get around to the PS3 anon. Thanks for the recommendation. Totally gonna bomb around not!New Orleans.
>>
>>376386656
Because some people play games for the gameplay and not the story.
>>
>>376375239
I love them all but I'd probably have to say BotW.
>>
>>376378129
he's a fucking retard ignore him
>>
>>376375239
Red Dead Redemption by far.

I remember going over a friends house to "play" it. The entire time there he wouldn't shut up about how great the game was because of realistic horse physics. First I watched him play, and I wasn't impressed. The best part was when he would just essentially "pause" the game, line up every shot, and just get free kills. I told him to give me the controller, and the gunplay was shit, the horses controlled like ass regardless of any "physics" shit, and it just felt like there was jack shit to do. Honestly, the biggest thing RDR did for me was make me want to go play GUN instead.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.