[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Fire or Age of Dark?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

File: Dark_Souls_Hype.jpg (4MB, 2768x1557px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Hype.jpg
4MB, 2768x1557px
Age of Fire or Age of Dark?
>>
File: 4534675745.png (658KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
4534675745.png
658KB, 1180x842px
It doesn't matter, the endings are convoluted.
>>
it don't matter
none of this matters
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>hurr durr things are going to be shit eventually so they might as well be shit now

darkfags pls go back to oolacile
>>
I'm more interested in the other two endings. What are the consequences of usurping the fire and becoming the lord of hollows? What the hell are you even doing in that ending where you make the fire keeper eat dirt? I don't get what that's even supposed to BE
>>
USURP THE FLAME
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED
>>
CHOSEN UNDEAD DIDJA PUT YA BODY IN DA GOBLET OF FIAH???
>>
>>376374580
Both suck.

Age of fire allows the powerful dudes to be powerful, subjugated everyone but their direct lineage and those they cannot.

Age of Dark seems to be just as bad. There was always someone trying to become the big guy, so who knows could have been the same.

Thankfully Uncle Gael and that Painting girl showed us a knew path through deus ex machina.

Make a new world within the burnt up old one.
>>
>>376376572
What was the reason people wanted the first DLC world to burn again? Something about rotting, which I attributed to all that gross fleshy pink shit and the flies? Haven't bought the 2nd DLC yet, don't know a thing about it.
>>
File: 1464808779221.gif (182KB, 226x224px) Image search: [Google]
1464808779221.gif
182KB, 226x224px
>>376376870
If I've got it right, when the flame goes unkindled for too long, which is who knows how long, the world begins the rot and becomes infested with insect-like creatures. Now that I think about it, remember when you meet the Rhea priestess clone with Eygon in the undead settlement? She tells you to touch her because "little insects are nibbling at me in the dark" or something like that, so I wonder if the age of dark is related to the rot.

The reason for wanting to kindle the flame in Ariandel is, as they say, to "burn the rot away." I think it's just a way of saying that it's time for the flame to be ceremonially linked again, as it has been. But maybe since it's in a painted world, the first flame doesn't exist, so they really want to just burn the world down and hide away in a new world, one painted by the dragon girl.

Your arrival in Ariandel through Gael facilitates all this, since Friede and you are both unkindled ash, and, according to Father Ariandel:

"...And when the Ashes are two, a flame alighteth."
>>
>>376374580
Keeping the Age of Fire going does nothing but keep the world in a shit state for eternity. Age of Dark may suck but at least it has the potential for a new flame to one day appear.
Just don't become a Dark Lord, you'll just be Kaathe's puppet.
>>
>>376377771
So the Age of Dark is also The Age of Gross Bugs Everywhere? Fuck it, I'm never letting the first flame go out then.

What does it mean to be unkindled by the way? Did the game ever explain this? I just assumed it meant "You're a fucking piece of shit, even by normal undead standards who were shit to begin with"
>>
>>376378848
No, the bugs and red shit are literally because the Painted world had simply ran its course, but Freide refused to allow it to be burnt away so a new world could be made, so the Painting started to rot. Much like how Gwyn's prolonging of the Age of Fire caused the curse of undeath to appear, the natural order will try to re-assert itself when people try to resist the cycle of renewal by causing the world to become actively hostile to itself.
>>
>>376378848
could be symptoms of the flame being prolonged for too long without going through its natural cycle and having a Dark Age. Remember when in Dark Cycle fire is not completely gone out there are small embers that still flicker.
>>
File: 1493314623881.png (461KB, 565x486px) Image search: [Google]
1493314623881.png
461KB, 565x486px
Age of Dick
>>
Would the souls games be better if they used unreal 4 instead of havoc?
>>
File: 1487708344321.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1487708344321.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>376381045
When was the last time unreal 4 made anything better?
>>
>>376380843
Note how every attempt to prolong things past their natural points would have horrible side effects: The Bed of Chaos, the monstrosity and madness of Seath, the mess the realm of Oolacile made from fucking with Manus, the tragedy of Prince Lothric, Ocerios, the Consumed King, the Rotting of the painted World, the very nature of the curse of Undeath.

The only good thing we ever got from forstalling the inevitable was Gwyndolin's illusory Gwynever, and that got him eaten.
>>
>>376374580
Age of new IP sometime this year please.
>>
>>376374580
I don't care as long as i stay in a painted world with a waifu
>>
>>376378058
>pick Age of Dark
>some other cuckster, probably a ninja flipper or giant dad memer comes and kills you and then relinks the flame
>your entire journey was pointless and you don't even get the thematic closure of having the protagonist of the first game be partially the final boss of the last one

might as well link it buddy
>>
Manus did nothing wrong.
>>
>>376377771
I thought the whole insects thing was a reference to the fact that humanity sprites course/writhe/wriggle through a firekeeper's veins. And the priestess was once a prospective firekeeper, but failed. Eygon tells you about it, IIRC.
>>
>>376381045
Isn't havoc only a physics engine?
>>
Fire obviously at least in the first and second game because it's the only ending that allows men to live like men and to prosper.

In the third game neither, you steal the flame with the hope that with the fire forever living inside you, you can become the undying flame that will guide humanity to unending glory.
>>
File: 1490417923326.jpg (153KB, 672x362px) Image search: [Google]
1490417923326.jpg
153KB, 672x362px
>>376374580
always go dark, always

don't be the gods nigger
>>
>>376375832
Ash seeketh embers faggot
>>
>>376381045
Unreal 4 doesn't replace havoc, Unreal is a graphics engine and havoc is a physics engine and also really versatile, Breath of the Wild for example uses havoc.
>>
Gwyn did nothing wrong
>>
>>376382854
gwyn is not your friend
>>
>>376382707
>Graphics engine
m8
>>
>>376382882
Yeah, hes everyones friend. All he was tryna do was make shit cool for everyone after the dragons were annihilated.
>>
>>376382854
Yes he did, he went to link the fire instead of sending some schmuck to do it.
That's the only thing, though.
>>
>>376374580
Not enough information to solve.
>>
>>376383081
I suppose, doing it himself was pretty selfless though, i cant fault him for trying
>>
Turning into a blue squid.
>>
>>376374580
Age of dark, don't let the gods control you.
>>
I was undecided and went for the age of dark everytime but the last dlc made it pretty clear that gwyn IS the based motherfucker he originaly appeared to be. Age of fire is a lie but is a good lie. Age of dark is evil.

Anyone who disagrees is simply not autismal enough to go through the lore in depth or did not pay enough attention on the last dlc
>>
>>376383474
The problem is that its unsustainable, i think we should give painter loli a shot, a painted world with the blood of the dark soul? sounds pretty good to me tbqh famalam
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.