[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck happened with Halo 5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 14

File: cortana_meme.jpg (34KB, 500x480px) Image search: [Google]
cortana_meme.jpg
34KB, 500x480px
Seriously did the fucking devs have a BSOD after Halo 4? I finally got the chance to finish campaign today.

>Introduce big scary forerunner as antagonist for Halo 4-5-6
>Kill him off in an off-screen comic.
>Sequel has literally nothing to do with previous title.

What were the writers thinking?
>>
>change art style
>make spartan IVs
>Spartan IVs are awful and look like shit
>ruin Buck
at least Vale is cute but there are no good fapfics or doujins with her getting reamed by a sangheili
>>
>>376372145
Halo 4's story wasn't that bad though, they could have really developed it from there. I just don't understand how the writers fucked up 5 so bad.

And yeah the anachronisms with the art piss me off.
>>
File: 1478310583209.png (192KB, 300x343px) Image search: [Google]
1478310583209.png
192KB, 300x343px
>Kill him off in an off-screen comic

Oh yeah that happened.

What is 5 plot anyway?
>>
>>376372523

Something about Cortana surviving and getting into some Forerunner internet that lets you think her way back to stability and so she starts some scheme for A.I dominence.

Fucking Church should have been brought into Halo cannon, he has more interesting A.I shit going on then Cortana at this point.
>>
Halo has been on a downward spiral since the first game.

FACT.
>>
>>376372709

*lets her think her way back to stability.
>>
>>376372523
Basically you run around looking for cortana as chief, and as another spartan running around trying to get AWOL chief. One of them ends up on Sanghelios in a cool diversion and on a human colony fighting foreunner robots on another diversion, but after that chief finds a macguffin called a guardian. After that turns out cortana hooked up to the forerunner internet and cured her rampancy, but she turned into AI-hitler and AI's revolt so they can claim the mantle.

It's all horribly done though.
>>
>>376372709
What blows my mind is that probably they had didact as the stand in for cortana at some point and then wrote him out for reasons we cannot fathom.
>>
I've always been a huge Halo fan, but yeah they fucked up Halo 5. I don't understand how they could mess up so badly either. Halo 4 honestly wasn't bad at all. Soundtrack was good, story was coherent and well done from start to finish. Nothing in Halo 5 made sense.
>>
>Halo 4 is actually a decent story - a bittersweet realistic end to the franchise.

>Halo 5 is worse than a fucking tumblr fanfiction

Yeah I don't get it either OP
>>
>>376373164
>>Halo 3 is actually a decent story - a bittersweet realistic end to the franchise.
>
>
>>Halo 4 and 5 is worse than a fucking tumblr fanfiction

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>376372709
>>376372904

Oh fuck it's ME3 all over again.
>>
>>376373027
Yeah like literally he followed Cortana with his dreams? What the fuck was that about?

And the marketing, too many plotholes.
>>
>>376372523

Master Chief, the savior of humanity and the galaxy's biggest badass, gets into a drunken brawl like an untrained pleb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVhEOs3rgTM
>>
>>376373378
Even worse if you think about it. ME3 is notorious because it so horribly failed on the ending of the trilogy. They've still got another game at least to JUST halo even harder
>>
>>376372178
>tfw you're not a sangheili and you can never rape Vale
>>
>Kill him off in an off-screen comic.

I don't get this complaint.

If you only played the game, then you have no reason to think he didn't die at the end of Halo 4. If you do into the EU, then you know what happened to him anyways.

Is it shit storytelling and planning for them to constantly invent new galactirc threats and plot threads then toss them away? Absolutely, it's 343's biggest flaw, but there's no reason why somebody who played 5 should be confused at his absence.

>>376373009
The didact and cortana switching places as villians in Halo 4 and 5 would actually fixa hell of a lot of shit

>In Halo 4, now the plot has cortana slowly becoming more insane over the course of the game till by the end she's outright hostile and you have to put her out of her misery
>She stays dead, keeps the depth meaingful
>Halo 5 has the didact wanting to establish galactic peace via his iron-clad intepreation of the mantle

>>376373164
nah, 4's story is fucking awful, all the emotion was forced and hamfisted. 5's is bad, but it's not actively cringe tier bad like 4's. Also, 5 has god tier MP wheras 4's MP was just barely better then your average generic FPS.
>>
>>376373359
Problem is vidya has gotten the same problem that infects tv and movies, any remotely successful franchise is sequeled until they can't squeeze another dollar from its dessicated corpse.
>>
>>376373603
this is the part that closed the coffin lid on the games for me. No coming back from this.
>>
>>376374223
Then rebooted. I can see that happening too. A reboot of Halo 1.
>>
>>376371484
It's amazing how poorly written 4 and 5 are. So meandering and without any weight, 343 really proved they are the worst company to get Halo.
>>
File: tenor.gif (3MB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
3MB, 400x224px
>>376374395

>yfw CD Projekt Red will never get to masterfully handle Halo
>>
>>376374351
yeah usual order depending on feasibility is
>direct or indirect sequel
>spin off
>reboot
Pretty much any show/game/movie series that hasn't firmly set out just how many of them there will be is doomed to suffer this fate, and even the ones that do often get fucked over and get this treatment anyway. I've gotten pretty cynical about any major series I've come to enjoy
>>
>>376374052
>I don't get this complaint.
At the end of Halo 4 the Didact is talking about how they need to face the threat humanity is to fellow forerunners.
>>
>>376374223
>>376374351
>>376374776
>"because why give an iconic series a satisfying conclusion when instead we can just keep forcing out unnecessary sequels that nobody wants or asked for?"

Nice things are too good for this world.
>>
I really don't care about the story as much anymore i just want them to bring more than halo wars and some phone games to pc just bring MCC to pc already i can die happy after that.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfePwIuGxwo

I really loved Halo 2 Anniversary, took me back to my high school days
>>
>>376372395
> 4 had a strong campaign but shit multiplayer.

> 5 had shit campaign but great multiplayer.

4 had a great set-up, and a fantastic, emotional ending (despite the shitty final boss being QTE).

Chief's arc being about him rediscovering his humanity ("the reclamation is at hand"), was dropped as we got a split narrative with no real protagonist, and where the Arbiter was reduced to a cameo.

Cortana's return takes the shit cake, though, as it undermines the whole point of Halo 4.
>>
Why are 343 so shit?
>>
What could have been:

https://youtu.be/vAKmu2yn3Fk

This had me so excited...and then the game came out.
>>
>You will never play Reach at 60 fps

Kill me now
>>
>>376371484
>Brian Reed
That's all you need to know but don't worry, mother fucker got fired after Halo 5 due to massive fan criticism.
>>
>>376374052
>5's is bad, but it's not actively cringe tier bad like 4's
Halo 5's campaign is worst than Halo 4 in almost every way.
>>
>>376376226
I remember the game's campaign was supposed to be more explorable, I wonder what happened.
>>
>>376376580
At least 5 improved on the Knights and made them one of the best enemies to fight.
>>
>>376376057
This
>>
>>376376786
Doesn't fix the rest of Brian Reed's mess. Man fucks up Spartan Ops, Initiation, Master Chief's arc in Escalation, and Halo 5's campaign, what the fuck was 343 thinking when they made this fucker the lead writer? I mean I'm glad he got fired but seriously what the fuck?
>>
>>376376786
Knights are still shit. They only looked good cause they made everything else bad.
>>
File: 1429330912017.jpg (82KB, 497x621px) Image search: [Google]
1429330912017.jpg
82KB, 497x621px
>>376376294
>>
>>376377067
I stopped caring about Halo's story as soon as the enemies started speaking English.

>>376377227
In 4, they were just bullet sponges. In 5, you can actually deal with them with relative ease as long as you're quick enough to headshot them after shooting off one of their shoulders.
>>
>>376377067
As long as the name is attached to big projects they take it. You make it sound like 343 has people in the lead that knows what they are doing.
>>
>>376377274
They are repetitive and tedious. They're only a step back from fights with Cortana's butler.
>>
Didact was doing us a solid by composing humanity. He may have had disdain for the species but the fact that he would turn you into cybernetic data soldiers that transcend existence would be a gift.

The flood was only delayed by the rings.
>>
>>376377387
They're better than 4 though, but that still isn't saying much.
Not that hard to be better than a brick you mag dump into.
>>
>>376377387
No less tedious than charging up a plasma pistol at an Elite before going in for a headshot.
>>
At least Halo 6 is looking like they are fixing their mistakes but I'll just wait and see. When 343 takes one step forward they take three steps back.
>>
>>376371484
Bungie laid the foundation with Reach
>>
>>376371484
the worse part about halo 4 was spartan ops so for 5 the wanted to completely ignore it by hiring spartan ops' writer to be it's lead writer and use spartan ops squad ideas and force it as an entire gimmick for the main campaign.

i just don't get how you can have something like the multiplayer go a step forward and then the campaign go way more than a few steps back. My expectations for Halo 6 are to pick something out of a hat to determine which aspect they'll ruin this time and which aspect they'll get right. it's like 343 is unwilling to do it right no matter the cost
>>
Halo 4: bad online, """ok""" single player
Halo 5: great online, fucking awful single player
>>
>>376377552
>only does easy peasy charge and shooty
7 games and still a noob.
>>
>>376373164
>Halo 4 is actually a decent story - a bittersweet realistic end to the franchise.

3 was the bittersweet end to the franchise, the war is won, and Chief floats off into space as a relic of a conflict long passed.
>>
>>376377627
Here's the trick to figuring out what 343 will fuck up:
It's whatever they try to hype the shit out of before release
>>
>>376377835
but right now that's master chief....fuck
isn't it enough they killed everything good about cortana, i don't think i can bare to take them butchering chief at that level
>>
>>376377781
When Legendary Elites stop taking all of your reserve ammo to kill, I'll stop.
>>
>>376377835
They'll do something to fuck up
>2 player split screen
>double down on Spartan Abilities
>Theater is still shit
>art direction stays the same
>short ass campaign
>linear campaign

I wouldn't be surprised if any of this shit happens.
>>
>>376378431
>All of it happens
>343 is STILL confused as to why people hate them
>>
>>376378056
Greg Bear set up all that great lore then 343 pissed it away.

Halo 4 could have been great, had it followed the concept trailer tone of Chief alone (with Cortana) on a mysterious world, with no UNSC or Covenant (they should have had the balls to move on from that). Alone on a world with Didact and his forces. The ending should have been broadly the same.

Halo 5 should have expanded on Chief reclaiming his humanity, and increasingly becoming his own man, the Arbiter (and UNSC's betrayal of him) should have been the trigger of this, not Nu-Cortana.
>>
>>376376425
Holy fuck, so THAT's the guy responsible for fucking up halo franchise?

So glad they got rid of that fucker then. It sounds like literally everything he did turned to shit.
>>
>>376376425
I just read up on this guy and he's used to writing spiderman comics. I can totally see why he fucked up then, the guardians concept is autist-tier-comic-book-shit.
>>
File: kyle-hefley-cortana-render-01.jpg (234KB, 997x2048px) Image search: [Google]
kyle-hefley-cortana-render-01.jpg
234KB, 997x2048px
>>376371484
343 are the only people stupid enough to make a waifu...
>>
>>376373603
I ve seen wwe fights that looked better than this.
JESUS christ

Its like if the shockmaster was wearing a master chief helmet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Q4EVpIFIk
>>
>>376380027
and make her into whatever the fuck this is.
>>
>>376380103
why did they give her retarded armor
>>
>>376380163
who the fuck knows, maybe femnazis, maybe just pure down syndrome, maybe both
>>
>>376380163
why did they give her retarded face
>>
>>376380163
To cover up her tits because people complained about how she looked in Halo 4
>>
>>376373603
>That belongs to me, you fucking nigger.

Holy shit, 343, this is out of line.
>>
>>376380320
HAHAHA
I didn't know sam raimi wrote the script.
>>
>>376377627
>i just don't get how you can have something like the multiplayer go a step forward
Cutting half the functionality and making it online-only is a step forward?
>>
>>376380163
Watch they give her a cyberburka in the next one.
>>
File: 1494020930440.jpg (80KB, 639x628px) Image search: [Google]
1494020930440.jpg
80KB, 639x628px
>halo forge is great multiplayer on pc
>have just about 0 access to any features like customizing your shit
>>
>>376380103
Ah the new gender fluid cortana. Nice
>>
File: halo-5-cortana-header.jpg (30KB, 560x293px) Image search: [Google]
halo-5-cortana-header.jpg
30KB, 560x293px
>>376380103
At least naked Cortana is still canon.
>>
>>376380597
I was about to actually install windows 10 when i read somewhere this, they actually limited almost every function on pc, they want pc mods without the pc players, well they can suck my cock.
>>
>>376380856
Making it 10 exclusive did the exact opposite of what they wanted it to do.
>>
>>376372709
Yeah, when a fan-series, even if it has been going for almost as long as the actual series, has a better story than an official game, that's when you know you've fucked up the story, to say the least.
>>
>>376380917
Really? like what?
>>
>>376371484
is halo 5's multiplayer good or is it just a meme? because it looks just like CoD to me
>>
>>376371484
What were they thinking? They were thinking they would completely make up bullshit enemies and not have master chief fight against ONI. I was actually really stoked after listening to season one of hunt the truth, but it turns out it's only connected by the single episode mention of guardians in season two. I thought a seemingly rogue master chief and a crazy journalist would make a good pairing, but fuck me Halo 5 was shit. It looked really good though. What a shame.
>>
>>376380027
I don't know what everyone sees in 4's version of Cortana. Her face looks like jessica chobot and giving her wider hips was dumb, she was always more toned if anything.
>>
>>376380623
UNIBOOB
>>
>>376381075
It plays less like Halo than Halo 4 did and its online only
>>
>>376371484
I think they had a completely different story in mind, but after how bad 4 flopped they felt they needed to play it safe.

It could have been a story about Chief finally experiencing enough loss to where he wonders if it is all worth it. None of the benefits were ever for him, and his comrades surely never got any of it either (Miranda and Johnson dead, Cortana too if they had stuck to their guns).

Going rogue would have made sense, he finally decides to bring down the ONI shadow government that essentially held their power by using a 25 year war to expand their influence. When you look at the ad campaign for the game and "Hunt the Truth" (season 1, not the season 2 retcon bullshit that still made ONI look like complete fucks), it seems like they wanted to actually make a game that was like "what now".

The smartest idea would have never been opening the series back up, but I wish they would have done something a bit drastic rather than fucking it up. Also Locke should have never gotten a "hit" on Chief to show him as an equal or faultable being. The whole point is that a literal perfect icon, a demon, and a hunter has now decided what is right and what is wrong. He's never died, only received a scratch from falling from atmosphere multiple times, fought legions of enemies, and God help anyone who gets in his way.

But that's why they went with the Cortana is ebil storyline in 5. It was the literal safest fucking possible storyline, AI want right and want to take them back by fighting humanity. The Matrix, Mass Effect, I Robot, and others have all done it to some varying degree with much more success.
>>
>>376374787
That's the Didact talking about his last war with the humans
>>
>>376381075
i think it's good. i could do without the ground pound but everything else is fine. worse part about multiplayer i'd say is armor selection since they all look like dog shit or dog shit with special stickers on it. sprint is fine and gameplay feels good.

>>376381172
which cortana would you say is the best.
>>
>>376381172
>complaining about good things
I am sorry sir, but you got the gays.
>>
File: 1468331240708.jpg (135KB, 938x809px) Image search: [Google]
1468331240708.jpg
135KB, 938x809px
Cortana is gender fluid now, get over it bigots.
>>
>>376381075
I can't fathom where people pull the claim that H5 MP is "good", if that answers your question. Weapon balance is arguably better, but the BR still assrapes anything as long as you can aim, so in essence nothing has changed. Arena playlists are pretty crap most of the time, since the variety is limited to just CTF, Assault, Slayer, or the dogshit that is Strongholds. Warzone is retarded, I don't care what anyone says, and reqs are the most Jew-tastic thing 343 could've done to their fucking game.

Outside of that, the gunplay and such is alright, but they went full retard with the movement options. Ironically, Reach probably had the best take on this, because while you had the option to use sprint or evade, you lost out on useful abilities like on-demand camo or a jetpack (and vice-versa if you took those instead). Now EVERYBODY is blessed with bottomless sprint, a dash, and a clamber button to forgive even the worst positioning or reckless behavior. It's such a drastic divorce from Halo's previous multiplayer that if you reskinned the guns and armors you'd never be able to tell the game was supposed to bear the Halo name.
>>
>>376381586
Halo 6 they stated that it was going to be a more compelling human realistic story for the Master Chief. They also want to keep the coop gameplay and said fans "loved" Blue Team so my guess is that 343 are going back to what they did with Halo 4 on the story department and treating Blue Team like Cortana where they will get his humanity to show more (what Halo 5 should have did).
>>
>>376371484
Why don't they just restart her from an ealier version?
>>
>>376382256
I'll buy it, but godammit I want my Spartan God among men fighting humans.

Nothing more demoralizing than your propaganda coming to kill you.
>>
>>376382520
I want this to happen for both Metroid and Halo but I know Microsoft and Nintendo would never allow that to happen. Chief and Samus have to be heroes so killing humans are a no no.
>>
>>376382632
Chief's already fought insurrectionists, and even a reject spartan tried to help them and melded with the forest.

I think it would be a great pathway. Maybe he even starts doing what is best for humanity while ONI tries to stop him, only to realize he was right all along but can't admit it or else the spotlight is on them. Continual escalation.
>>
>>376382781
For both Halo and Metroid I hope that eventually we will see the fall of the corrupted faction in the GF and the fall of ONI. Both need to die they are the real threats to the galaxy.
>>
Daily reminder that you will never EVER play an ODST-skinned Republic Commando game
EVER
>>
File: 1490504449089.jpg (146KB, 500x428px) Image search: [Google]
1490504449089.jpg
146KB, 500x428px
>>376383270
>You will never raid a rebel stronghold only to find out that Sev is their leader
>>
>>376382781
> Helps insurrectionists and Arbiter, thus completing his arc of developing the free will of a human, by defying humanity.

But that would require balls, and 343 had none so they played it safe with the same
>>
bungie
>master chief is a continuation of a player
>master chief is a real human bean, with his own craaawling in myyy skiiiin emotions
you just know 343 is all about womyn emotions. fucking bonnie ross.
>>
>>376384805
they should of ended it at 3 let chief go to sleep
>>
>>376376057
5 has shit multiplayer too. Honestly I prefer 4 and I fucking hate 4.

>Campaign: 2 > 3 > Reach > CE > ODST > 4 > Wars > Wars 2 > 5

>Multiplayer: 3 > 2 > Reach > CE > 4 > 5

Never tried the multiplayer for Wars or Wars 2 and ODST was just firefight. Really fun Firefight though. Hell of a lot more fun than the shit that is Warezone Firefight.
>>
>>376385193
>3 that high
>1 and 5 that low
>lizardfucker
You've said everything you need to.
>>
>>376384805
gunpei yokoi
>samus is a continuation of a player

yoshio sakamoto
>samus is a real human bean, with his own craaawling in myyy skiiiin emotions
Holy shit! the parallels are really there. The Metroid and Halo main series are similar.
>>
>>376381075
I really like it

>>376381584
This is objective false, it's back to even starts
>>
>>376385661
you think other m wouldn't have happened if gunpei was still around?
>>
>>376385934
It wouldn't have, Yokoi and Kano kept the series from going in this direction. they just wanted a game where players got to explore on a planet in space fighting against aliens. Sakamoto wanted to humanize Samus since Super but didn't get that chance until Gunpei and Makoto left the series.
>>
>>376371484
i mean, you did throw him off a bridge at the end of 4 so...
>>
>>376371484
Didn't we kill the diadact at the end of 4?
>>
>>376376057
>4 had a strong campaign

No. The story was garbage and the campaign missions themselves are a step down from every prior Halo game except maybe CE purely due to it's age.
>>
>>376380623
>>376380623
>>376380103
>>376380163
>>376380253
>>376380027
>>376371484
Stop thinking with your dick. 4 cortana is top tier milf material but she's always been a sarcastic wisecracking snark. Her look in 4 was way too homely. Her face and hair in Halo 5 look great. The armor is there because she's become an instrument of the forerunner mantle

343 is shit at the single players but Cortana's design in 5 is fine
>>
>>376385193

>Single Player: 2 > ODST >> Reach > 3 > CE >> 5 = 4
>Core Multiplayer: 2A > 2 = 5 >> CE > Reach > 3 >> 4
>Customs, etc: 5 > 2A > Reach >> 3 = 4 > 2 > CE
>Atmosphere: ODST >> Reach > 4 = CE >> 2 > 3 > 5
>Weapon Balance: 5 >> Reach = CE >>>>> 4 > 3 >> 2
>Music: ODST > 2 >> 3 = CE >> Reach > 4 > 5

Been a fan of the series since fall of reach came out. 4 and 5 have a fuck ton of problems but people don't give them credit when they actually deserve it. 4 has a legimately good sense of atmosphere and while the soundtrack isn't marty tier, it does a good job at enhancing that. 5, meanwhile has 10/10 core MP and forge and nearly perfect weapon balance.
>>
>>376372724

The narrative, campaign level design, artstyle, music, custom games and user interface were always fantastic under Bungie.

All good games for different reasons. Bungie era Halo was awesome.

343i is where things Fuck up.
>>
>>376388865

Stfu, gay ass Halo 4 and 5 deserve to be in the trash.

Thinking 343i's campaign and narrative experiences come remotely close to Bungie's.

The fuck oughta here.

Just compare the GOAT Sabre mission to 343i's dumbass Broadsword mission.
>>
>>376389189
>Just compare the GOAT Sabre mission to 343i's dumbass Broadsword mission.
Not him but the Sabre mission sucked, it should have been a massive space battle with lots of ships shooting each other in space. That would have been kick ass if the level was like something out of Star Fox 64.
>>
>>376372523
>generic new spartan IV team kill bad guy from the books/spartan Ops in the first mission cutscene
>chief sees a vision of cortana
>nobody questions him being crazy, but they tell him to not go after her because reasons
>he disobeys and heads towards her
>generic spartan IV team follows him
>random new bad guy blocks their path. A LOT
>cortana is evil and captures chief
>generic spartan team beat generic bad guy 7x and free chief and his team (who aren't at all explained)
>cortana prepares to use a halo to hold the universe at hostage. she has an AI army and all the forerunner guardians (who aren't really explained either)

yeah. halo 5's story is liquid shit. I dare say vanilla destiny somehow did a better job somehow.
>>
>>376389903
Somehow
>>
>>376380027
That MILF body is delicious
>>
Why does nobody get that if Halo HAD to continue, then 4 was the logical end? It's even hinted at in Halo 3's legendary ending.

The end of 4 wasn't as "needed" as 3, but it was still fine. You could see Bungie's influence still lingered.

5 was when the franchise truly fucking died.
>>
File: 1468212512300.png (122KB, 544x461px) Image search: [Google]
1468212512300.png
122KB, 544x461px
I wonder if Microsoft will try to make a Halo MMO like Destiny for Halo 6
>>
Dropping in to say that Destiny plays more like Halo than Halo 5
>>
>>376380103
Is that real?

That looks fucking awful...
>>
>>376378089
>git
>>
>>376371484
>What the fuck happened with Halo 5

It was made by 343i.
>>
Man Cortana is like my favorite video game character, and I really loved her whole arc, right up to the way it came closed in 4. Say what you will about 4's story, but I feel like they really got Chief and Cortana in that game.

Definitely not in 5. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>376373603
This scene was so wrong on so many levels.

Here is how it really should have gone down, and how every player expected it to be:
>Locke catches up to chief
>Locke: "lol you are under arrest chief!"
>Chief: "lol no"
>Lock tries to subdue him by force
>Chief, being the warrior monster he really is shits all over Locke who doesnt stand a chance
>Chief and his gang escapes
>>
File: 2392489.jpg (2MB, 5120x2880px) Image search: [Google]
2392489.jpg
2MB, 5120x2880px
>>376380027
Halo 4's Cortana was the only good thing to come out of 343i. And then they fucking ruined her in 5. I'm glad the head writer got fired and will be replaced for 6, even if I'm never going to play it.
>>
I was fine with Cortana dying in 4, it was the only well done part of the game
I really hope Locke fucks off though and they go bac to Halo 3 levels of slow
>>
>>376384805
Humanising Chief is fine, but you need to write it with nuance and make it a subtle underlying theme rather than ham-fistedly going about it ("Muh Cortana!")

Brian Reed and co missed the point that losing Cortana leads to Chief questioning who he is.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcUwZ90lFfM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_0siI3oyTg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_zm9DaEGwM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNx0feJAFZ0

Is it wrong to say I liked the original Halo 2 cutscenes better?
>>
>>376377274
... so Halo 1?
>>
File: bacoose51ee4ee42b1a0.jpg (25KB, 588x588px) Image search: [Google]
bacoose51ee4ee42b1a0.jpg
25KB, 588x588px
>>376371484

Incompetence happened

Bungie created an excellent universe and 343i can't keep up.

Halo suffers a fate worse than death with this new trilogy and it will never make a comeback to it's former glory because 343 ruined everything that made it good.

At this point Red vs Blue is more consistent in terms of quality and storytelling than Halo
>>
>fans take over franchise from original devs
>new story is shit and doesn't make sense
>new characters are godawful and snarky
>new weapons are shit
>multiplayer is shit too

God damn it I hate gears of war 4
>>
>>376399364
the new H2 anniversary cutscenes when they first came out were the best cgi i've ever seen. It genuinely looked life-like.
>>
>>376373603
To be fair, doesn't the power armour they're wearing weigh like a ton? Kind of explains why their punches and kicks are so sluggish and they barely reacts when they hit each other
>>
>>376403993
yeah but melee attacks don't look too sluggish in game
Thread posts: 135
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.