[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What ever happened to DA POWAH OF DA CLOUD?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Xbox-One-Cloud-640x353.jpg (37KB, 640x353px) Image search: [Google]
Xbox-One-Cloud-640x353.jpg
37KB, 640x353px
What ever happened to DA POWAH OF DA CLOUD?
>>
>>376367058
It's been too sunny
>>
>>376367058
The tech is still being tested on Crackdown 3
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>376367058
https://youtu.be/2LOOW1RE9NU
>>
Not sure, but every time you close a game, the save data automatically uploads in the background, so you can switch between consoles or profiles with ease. Kinda cool i guess
>>
oh here's something I completely forgot about

I remember the shitposting about how it'd improve every games, even framerate and such.
>>
>>376367058
The whole CLOUD RENDERING thing never surfaced. The idea of THE CLOUD being used to host multiplayer servers went ahead though. My understanding is that Crackdown 3 is gonna use THE CLOUD to run the building destruction simulations server-side, so if you're playing Single Player, you're actually basically gonna be playing on a multiplayer server by yourself.

>>376367803
I think either nVidia or AMD, or maybe ever the Unreal Engine team, did a presentation about offloading lighting calculations to the cloud. I'm pretty sure no games ever implemented such a thing. The sheer backlash to the original Xbox One reveal scared a lot of developers away from relying on THE CLOUD. People don't like being told they need an internet connection to play single player games.
>>
>>376367058
Same thing as to shit pushed out by ps4 pr teams
>>
>>376367135
Karma whore
>>
>>376367218
Some old ugly fartt talking to gamers about tv tv tv. That was beyond even the stupidest market ploy
>>
>>376368810
>gamers
at least that presentation wasn't at a gaming event and they mostly presented it as a game console at E3
>>
>>376367058
Never forget
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrvE3B5Rz6A
>>
>>376367058
It died about 30 to 40 years ago if not even further.
Same with 3D and VR but for some reason these guys are still pushing for them
>>
Any person who isn't technologically retarded knows that even with maximum bandwidth "Cloud Gaming" will still have so much lag you'll want to go back to the good ol' days of DOS games.
>>
>>376369247
we're not talking about streaming here

game is still running local, but you can offload some work to remote servers before it actually gets used

with a simple video, you can't really do much -- but when the base game is still local, various technique can be used (notably a lot of them get used in multiplayer to give the impression that there's no lag)
>>
>>376367058
People saw through it as just BS
>>
>>376369812
didn't titanfall 1 do this? the game was all running from the xb1, but there was some extra networking features that the multiplayer had over the 360 version.
>>
It's being used for Crackdown 3.

Please don't stuff this up Microsoft, please.
>>
>>376370053
are they really only using it for 2 games?
>>
>>376371247
Turns out you need around 10 servers per player to use the cloud meme
They need millions of servers for Crackdown, can't imagine they'd invest into billions of servers to cover even more games
>>
>>376372138
userbase die down over time, then those servers will serve no purpose

the only real load will be at games launch
>>
It was a big lie from the worst company ever
>>
>>376372668
There's still millions of people that play on xbox, if all those people used cloud computing to boost their games it would take way too many servers
>>
>>376367058
YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE GRAPHICS
>>
File: 1473701775743.jpg (97KB, 853x718px) Image search: [Google]
1473701775743.jpg
97KB, 853x718px
>>376372138
>10 servers per player
>>
>>376369946
Afaik Titanfall 1 ran exclusively off of microsoft's Azure servers, and it was one of the best multiplayer experiences that I've ever had. Never lagged, never timed out even once
>>
>>376367597
PS4 and Vita do the same thing, PS3 also auto uploads but at a set hour.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.