[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Protagonist thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

File: 1433039194335.gif (536KB, 381x512px) Image search: [Google]
1433039194335.gif
536KB, 381x512px
Who's your favorite main character and why is it Doomguy/Doomslayer?
>>
someone got a quick rundown on this guy?
>>
File: Rip_and_tear.png (743KB, 600x473px) Image search: [Google]
Rip_and_tear.png
743KB, 600x473px
>>376360003
R I P A N D T E A R
>>
File: doom dissatisfied.png (125KB, 539x479px) Image search: [Google]
doom dissatisfied.png
125KB, 539x479px
>>376360003
classic-wise, a guy that beat up his commanding officer in the military for being ordered to shoot civilians, before being reassigned to mars' moon phobos as teleporter experiments allow hell to invade. even dying doesn't stop him from killing hell three times over in three different games singlehandedly and with an excess of lead, plasma and a brass knuckle.

modern-wise (he may be the same as classic but it's ambiguous), he's from an alternate universe earth that was destroyed entirely by hell, so he's basically become hell's own boogeyman by fighting the demons for untold millenia. he even killed a mountain-sized beast in single combat. they could only stop him by dropping a temple on him to seal him away, and then the UAC break into hell, recover him and awaken him to deal with another hell invasion - which he does with excessive efficiency.

doomguy is literally the "ancient evil awakens," except instead of humanity, hell itself is scared of him
>>
File: 1827992.jpg (223KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
1827992.jpg
223KB, 1200x630px
>>376360354
Just imagine for a moment, a scenario where earth is enslaved by demons and doom guy is forced to watch as everything and everyone he loves is slain before him in the most brutal way possible.
He is then mocked and stripped of all weapons and not only tortured by the forces of hell, but humans blame doom guy for this.

Imagine the second he breaks with nothing but his fists and luvifer standing over him.
>>
File: DOOMGUY.jpg (292KB, 1260x824px) Image search: [Google]
DOOMGUY.jpg
292KB, 1260x824px
>>376360003
>>
>>376360354
Man the new story they made for D44M is so fucking dumb.
Why did they have to bring alternate universes and other stupid shit just to make it sound cool?
The fact that the OG Doom Marine was just a regular guy who managed to beat the shit out of hell 3 times was badass enough.
>>
>>376361420
That's the thing
this guy is still just a regular human pushed to limit
>>
>>376361162
What gets me is that Doom Slayer is still empathetic enough to create a backup of VEGA rather than just blow him up entirely, and probably would've tried saving anyone that wasn't a crazy ass cultist or Samuel if they weren't all dead. And yet he's also enough of a vicious combatant that whatever the deep demon voice is, probably some stand-in for Satan, is genuinely angered and bothered by none of Hell's forces being able to stand up to ol' Doom Slayer.

>>376361420
At least the alternate universe shit is fairly underplayed if not downright left only to background logs and lore rather than pushed in your face. It could've been a lot worse, the game was originally planned to have Samuel be a lot more talkative and more of a comedic radio support role, and the Echoes and general story were going to be a lot more involved. Then they looked at that and the fan reception and basically said, "Eh, let's streamline this down to what we need, leave excess story in logs and just give people what they want."
>>
>>376361673
Push It To The Limit
*muffled screaming in the distance*
>>
File: 1494186283173.jpg (80KB, 640x539px) Image search: [Google]
1494186283173.jpg
80KB, 640x539px
>>376360354
>doomguy is literally the "ancient evil awakens," except instead of humanity, hell itself is scared of him
I can't get enough of this.
>>
>>376361774
youtubedoubler.com/l0sm
>>
File: 615.png (245KB, 469x468px) Image search: [Google]
615.png
245KB, 469x468px
>>376362058
Literally HFY but less gay
>>
File: 4386650-mac.jpg (24KB, 404x388px) Image search: [Google]
4386650-mac.jpg
24KB, 404x388px
Little Mac.

He beat up Mike Tyson and Donkey Kong yo.
>>
>>376360354
>he's from an alternate universe earth that was destroyed entirely by hell
Is he? I don't remember seeing anything about that. I probably just wasn't paying close enough attention, though.
>>
>>376360354
D44Mguy = Doomguy, no alternate universe.
>>
>>376362814
I'm not sure if it's Earth specifically or what, but the Well in the endgame is actually his original world being used as an energy source by Hell. He and the Night Walkers were the last survivors of their realm, but a traitor within caused them all but the Doom Slayer to fall. It's ambiguous whether he was the founder/leader of the Night Walker or not, and some theorize he may of even been the traitor in an attempt to revive someone close to him but Hell didn't keep their end of the bargain.

It's all very ambiguous and kept to logs.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.