[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that letting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 18

File: IMG_1501.jpg (137KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1501.jpg
137KB, 250x350px
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that letting us go to the final boss whenever we want was a big mistake? I was not aware that Calamity Ganon was the end boss and just wemt and beat him and now I lost all motovation in doing anything else in the game because I don't have any goals in the game and there is no reason to progress. Evenif I get stronger, for what? I beat the end boss....with 6 hearts only
>>
>>376358946
>letting us go to the final boss whenever we want was a big mistake
I wouldn't say that was the issue, the issue was more of a case that Calamity Ganon was easy as fuck
>>
own up to your decisions you stupid faggot
>>
>Being against freedom
WEW
>>
>>376358946
This game is secretely a life simulator (like animal crossing)
if you played it for the main story you did wrong, the point was to explore the wild since the beginning, to to save hyrule or beat ganon or save the princess.
>>
>>376358946
This game is secretely a life simulator (like animal crossing)
if you played it for the main story you did wrong, the point was to explore the wild since the beginning, NOT to save hyrule or beat ganon or save the princess.
>>
>>376358946
The game is about exploring the map, not about beating Ganon.
>>
>>376359313
THAT'S BULLSHIT

THERE IS NO REWARD FOR EXPLORING THE MAP!

IT'S POINTLESS

EVERYTHING YOU DO IN THE GAME IS POINTLESS ONCE YOU BEAT THE 4 FAGGOTS AND GANON
>>
>>376358946
Not just that, it also fucked with the character progression. The game had to be designed so the player could go and beat Ganon whenever they wanted, so nothing you get in the game is mandatory. It's almost all passive upgrades that you can do just fine without. And the "reward" for completing all the content is no Blight Ganons and a 50% Calamity Ganon. If anything it should have been the opposite, Ganon should have gotten stronger over the course of the game. Maybe if you beat all four divine beasts he gets an extra form/phase. That would've been more satisfying than a power of friendship laser beam.
>>
>>376359384
it's fun
>>
>>376359384
How dare the developers give players the option to fuck their own shit up.

We require a steady trickle feed of incremental upgrades with zero risk of anything ruining the railroaded experience.
>>
>>376359313
>the game is about X, not Y

That excuse is always bullshit. If it's in the game, it's worth criticizing. A game is "about" everything that's in it. You can't just exclude certain contents or aspects of a game.
>>
>>376358946
The games says multiple times that beating Ganon is a the main goal. You shouldn't have fought him already if you didn't want to complete the game's main goal.
>>
>>376359595
>make exploration game
>autists get triggered over the fact they're supposed to explore
>>
File: ZeldaWindWakerGCNCoverArtUS.jpg (18KB, 256x359px) Image search: [Google]
ZeldaWindWakerGCNCoverArtUS.jpg
18KB, 256x359px
>>376360089
>make exploration game
>don't put anything in the game that is actually worth discovering
>stuff your game full of copypasted filler
>use "exploration" as a buzzword to cover up the lack of satisfying core content

And the worst part is that this isn't the first time Zelda's done this.
>>
The game tries to be as non-linear as possible and it does that very well. You have so much freedom that you can literally try to "beat" the game after the tutorial, but why would you?

Thats like doing the Pagan Min secret ending in FarCry then complaining how short the game was
>>
>>376360495
BotW has plenty to discover. It could always use more, mind you, but there's still a lot in there to discover - the yiga clan, the springs, the towns, korok forest, shrines/dungeons, satori mountain, greaty fairies, dragons, etc.
>>
>>376360698
The only thing you get there are slightly more powerful weapons that will break in two hits and maybe a new set of armor with a dumb gimmick like "you can run faster at night"
>>
>>376359039
This.
It has been said a thousand times, but calamity ganon was a complete wimp.

It takes me longer to defeat the average lynel
>>
>>376360873
I'm sorry, I thought this was a discussion about exploration and discovery, not about what dank gear you can get. You don't need a quantifiable reward for everything, anon. Also, your hyperbole is far too extreme - some weapons break too quickly, yes, but not nearly to the degree you're suggesting; furthermore, most weapons last a long time (especially higher-tier weapons). I'd love to know what kind of items you'd personally want to find, though: it'd make a nice change for a shitposter to say what they want to see in the game rather than shitting on what it has.
>>
File: 1492039898193.jpg (31KB, 615x456px) Image search: [Google]
1492039898193.jpg
31KB, 615x456px
>>376358946
> I was not aware that Calamity Ganon was the end boss
>>
>>376358946
That was great though.

And he's hard as fuck unless you stack up on tons of supplies.
>>
>>376358946
OP how did you manage to get through the gauntlet with only 6 hearts?
>>
>>376361183
Not him but I've finished all main quests and found the most iconic weapons in the game, I'm like 50 shrines in and I don't feel like doing the rest because I just know there's nothing to gain from them other than the Hero tunic at the end. There is too much nothingness, I remember going to the Forgotten Temple, even marking it on my map, I was all excited because it felt like it was going to be a secret dungeon or something but nope, only guardians and a shitty shrine, oh, and a korok.
>>
>>376359173
>>376359313
>>376359528

If exploration is the goal then the game is a fucking failure, because it doesn't even have a TENTH of the variety that Xenoblade X has, whether in environments or enemy types.

It's literally the same shit copypasted over and over, with some different colours here and there.
>>
>>376361580
This isn't Xenoblade. Xenoblade has god tier exploration, but you can't interact with the world like you can in BotW.
>>
>>376361556
>>376361580
please answer this >>376361183
>I'd love to know what kind of items you'd personally want to find, though: it'd make a nice change for a shitposter to say what they want to see in the game rather than shitting on what it has.
>>
>>376361494
This

Something about OP's post seems shady.
>>
>>376359384
the journey IS the point dumbass
>>
>>376361580
Monolith Soft rends time and space and other dimensions to get their environmental ideas, that's not fair to compare them to Nintendo's earthly worldview.
>>
File: 1494066233398.jpg (53KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494066233398.jpg
53KB, 853x480px
>>376358946
This game is literally vanilla wow 2.0. Sorry it's not a moba.
>>
>>376359384
Man, remember all the rewards you got for fucking around in GTA with cheats on? Yeah, me too.
>>
>>376361580
>>376361717
BotW was far more fun to explore than XCX in my opinion. XCX definitely had more interesting environments, mostly due to it being an alien setting, but the variety of enemies/weapons in XCX is fairly redundant since they all behave the exact same way - none of the gear you get ever feels different to use or impacts on gameplay (since the combat is about selecting arts as inputs, and enemies you fight don't even have a hitbox 99% of the time). BotW may lack variety, sure, but it at least made sure its weapon types and enemies felt distinct and behaved differently.
>>
File: You Sir Are Full of Shit.png (25KB, 420x294px) Image search: [Google]
You Sir Are Full of Shit.png
25KB, 420x294px
>>376358946
>>
>>376358946
>I was not aware that Calamity Ganon was the end boss

Kids can't read these days. Fucking hell.
>>
>>376361734
>J-Just make it better by yourself LOL
If I could poop a multimillion-worthy game better than BotW I wouldn't be here in this shithole talking with you.
>>
>>376361993
No I get it. The fun in exploring in BotW came from the act of exploring itself, the fun in XCX came from the destinations you got to. If XCX had BotW's gameplay, the video game market would implode on itself as nothing better could possibly be made.
>>
OP's lying, there's something in his story that only those who have played BOTW would know about that he's failed to mention.
>>
>>376362213
tip-top shitpost there, faggot. He only asked what gear you wanted to see in the game.
>>
>I beat the end boss....with 6 hearts only

Sure ya did buddy. You just started the game and waltzed right over to him with your tree branch and beat the final boss without getting hit.
>>
How'd he beat Thunder-Blight Ganon with only 6 hearts?
>>
>>376360495
>Wind Waker - there's no overworld to explore. REEEEEEEEEEE!
>Twilight Princess - it's the same formula as every other Zelda. It's boring now. REEEEEEEEEEE!
>Skyward Sword - it's too linear. Too much handholding. No overworld to explore. REEEEEEEEEEE!

Breath Of The Wild is exactly what fans had been crying out for. Nintendo were damned if they do, damned if they don't.

The fucking voice acting is another thing fans cried for.
>>
>>376362669
Zelda fans aren't saying that.
OP is clearly lying, he didn't actually play the game and is just shitposting.
>>
>>376362526
>tree branch
hyrule castle has a bunch of strong weapons though
>>
File: wiiu_screenshot_tv_01dluvl[1].jpg (448KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01dluvl[1].jpg
448KB, 1280x720px
>>376361717
>>376361993

>Climb a far-off mountain in BotW
>Find a huge dragon on top
>Spooky Chinese music starts playing
>"I'm gonna fight that dragon"
>Shoot at it
>A scale falls off and it runs away like a bitch
>Can't fight it
>Climb 5 more mountaintops and find the same copypasted dragon(s) on all of them, sometimes in different colours
>Only one of them does anything different, and it's basically just a shooting range minigame, still can't fight any of them

>Climb a far-off mountain in XCX
>Find a huge dragon on top
>Spooky Chinese music starts playing
>"I'm gonna fight that dragon"
>Shoot at it
>OH FUCK SHIT SHIT SHIT
>Inconceivable amounts of buttrape happens at your expense
>Completely unique multi-phase fight with each phase getting more ridiculous than the last
>Even after hundreds of hours of playtime you don't stand a chance
>Climb 5 more mountaintops and find a completely different dragon/monster on each of them, none of which can be found anywhere else and all of which present completely different battles

THIS is why Zelda fails in comparison.
>>
>>376362963
Liar caught out.

Super strong weapons don't appear in Hyrule Castle unless a certain number of shrines have been cleared.
>>
>>376362458
You're essentially asking me how to improve the exploration-reward system in its entirety. It's not about putting an OP weapon here and there, its about making the progression matter, sure, its hard to reach the top of Lanayru's Mountain, but the only thing you find in there is an elemental weapon you find on any Lizalfos,I'm talking about that kind of shit, I don't know what to put in there because I'm no developer, but it felt like a scam doing all that work for a weapon I can find anywhere else.
>>
>>376358946

How retarded these faggots can be? Seems like they know no boundaries.
>>
File: 1474886218471.png (95KB, 223x236px) Image search: [Google]
1474886218471.png
95KB, 223x236px
>>376362669
>>Twilight Princess - it's the same formula as every other Zelda. It's boring now. REEEEEEEEEEE!
That shit always bothered me. Why are you playing a Zelda game if you don't fucking expect a Zelda game? TP was a solid game too. Much better than Wind Waker. But people hated it because it was a Zelda game. Fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>376360873
>more powerful weapons that will break in two hits
Maybe you shouldn't shitpost about a game that you never played or saw any gameplay footage off.
>>
>>376358946
>I fucked up playing the game
>can we now all agree that this game is a mistake
top kek
>>
>>376363447

For me it was incentive enough to fill out the map, find spots I hadn't yet discovered, stumble upon shrines or interesting characters, and generally relish the environmental and natural beauty of the world, hazy visuals be damned. A box of rupees or a plant I haven't seen before is enough. I don't want a unique weapon or item conveniently placed at the top of a mountain or at the bottom of crevasse for no good reason other than to add some halfhearted reward for the trouble.
>>
>>376363447
>sure, its hard to reach the top of Lanayru's Mountain, but the only thing you find in there is an elemental weapon you find on any Lizalfos
way to confirm you've never played the game - the top of Mount Lanayru has a fight with a dragon for the Spring of Wisdom shrine quest.
>>
>>376363520
Agreed. Twilight Princess is one of the most traditional Zelda games. It has all the hallmarks of the series.

The problem with Zelda is that everyone expects each new installment to bring some radical shift in game design which shakes the industry to it's core. A literal game changer. You can't do that all the time.

BotW is the first time Nintendo have achieved that shockwave since OoT.
>>
>>376358946
Don't you get a heart from the "Blights" when killed, or does that only happen if you kill them within the Divine Beasts? If so, then OP should have had at least 8 hearts when he beat Ganon
>>
>>376362963
>>376363305

It's pretty much guaranteed that whenever someone here posts "but ____ though" without any further elaboration they're lying/shitposting.
>>
File: IMG_20170509_020808426.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170509_020808426.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>376363605
>Maybe you shouldn't shitpost about a game that you never played or saw any gameplay footage off.
Maybe you should stop thinking that this game is a 11/10 masterpiece with no faults. You should also try to recover from being literally blown the fuck out.
inb4 moving the goalposts
>>
File: zelda combat017 (2).webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
zelda combat017 (2).webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>376359039
Yeah its kinda easy, you should try take a horse to it just to have some fun. Zelda allows you to do so many crazy shit already.
>>
>>376363904
Yep, and after you defeat and purify Lanayru you get to unlock the Wisdom Shrine, WITH A FUCKING ICE WEAPON in it.
>>
>>376364059
Oh wow, so you have it and just decided to lie about the game.
Damn, that showed me.
>>
>>376362984
that's because it IS the same dragon, they travel long distances - you can even follow them if you have a fast horse or speed elixir. Also, there is a dragon you can fight on Mount Lanayru. No idea what fight you're on about in XCX, I've played through the entire game and fought most tyrants and not once did I encounter anything remotely resembling what you're describing, let alone any enemy that has multiple phases like that.
>>376364059
not him, but claiming every weapons breaks that quickly is blatant hyperbole, I don't give a shit if you have a copy of the game or not as that opinion is still retarded.
>>
>>376364168
>moving the goalposts
AYYYY
>>
>>376364072
How the fuck do you get a horse in there? Is this some amiibo bullshit? I don't do amiibos.
>>
>>376363986

Wind Waker was extremely impactful as well, on the visual side of things. Few dared make a game with a non-realistic artstyle until Wind Waker single-handedly made it cool and acceptable.
>>
>>376364143
ice weapons are dope though, and much rarer than other elemental weapons. I fail to see the problem here; it's better than fighting a tyrant in XCX to get dagger #429489 with +1000 TP. Nonetheless, the main 'reward' for climbing that mountain was the fight itself, not the item you get - as I mentioned earlier in the thread, you don't need a quantifiable reward for the experience to be fun.
>>376364330
anon that's not what 'moving the goalposts' means, not him btw.
>>
>>376364330
I'm not that anon, but I don't blame him for thinking you didnt had the game saying stupid bullshit like "slightly more powerful weapons that will break in two hits".

Mid to end game wapons last enough, actually in my second playthough I went directly to ganon and one single weapon in the castle was enough to snowball my equipment all the way to ganondorf. Only total casuals complains about the durability problem, that shit is no issue.
>>
>>376364253
My point wasn't about the weapons breaking quickly, that was, indeed, sarcasm, but about how useless it is to work your ass to climb the highest mountain to find a weapon that, not only you'll be able to find anywhere else, but also will break after fighting one lynel.
It's not rewarding to try and do crazy stuff because the game is made for babies
>>
>>376361952
You're talking to someone who's much younger than GTA. Try not to use words he won't recognize like "cheats".
>>
>>376364515
>anon that's not what 'moving the goalposts' means, not him btw.

He meant that the other anon went from "you haven't played the game" to "you have played the game and are simply lying about it".

I also think the weapon breaking mechanic isn't as egregious as people make it out to be, as you can find new and/or better weapons almost as quickly as you run out of them. I've had more problems having to figure out what to swap for the ones I come across.
>>
>>376364513
Agreed. But I would argue that the whole point of the art design in Wind Waker was to essentially give the series a fresh look. The gameplay was essentially the exact same as OoT and MM. Wind Waker's visual aplomb was simply giving an older game design a fresh coat of paint. It was evolution rather than revolution.
>>
>>376362984
Telethia theme was middle eastern not chinese
>>
mite b an argument if /v/ didnt hump morromissmissmiss in every thread since you can beat fagoth fur in like 4 minutes
>>
>>376364671
Silver Lynels are the only enemy that result in your weapon breaking since their defence is ridiculously high; also, only common weapons can be found "anywhere else" as you described, more specific weapon types like elemental, royal guard, yiga, and race-specific weapons will require you to venture to specific locations. Your last sentence makes it far too obvious you're just shitposting.
>>
>>376361580
The environments are a lifeless backdrop in Xenoblade since it's a grindy JRPG, how the fuck is exploration better in that?
>>
>Main dungeons are boring as shit
>Bosses are boring as shit
>5 enemy types
>No interesting or funny characters like previous Zelda games
>Combat devolves into fishing for Flurry Rushes
>Music is basically non-existent. Music that is there is mediocre at best

Exploration is fun and some of the Sheikah dungeons are cool, but this is easily least favorite Zelda game. I can't play it more than 30 minutes because I get bored so fast.
>>
>>376364441
No dude, is not amiibo bullshit just people fucking around in the game.
>>
>>376364253

You're being autistically pedantic, it doesn't matter one bit whether it's literally the same dragon or not, it doesn't somehow make it less lazy.

And it's obvious from my picture what dragon in XCX I'm talking about specifically. There's about a dozen unique superbosses with multiple phases, many of them with different music from the regular Tyrant theme, so you saying you played the entire game and didn't find any of them goes to show just how rewarding the game is to explore because there really is that much to find, unlike in Zelda where you've seen everything after 20 hours.
>>
>>376364772
telethia isn't on a mountain-top nor is it really a 'dragon', I honestly have no clue what he's talking about.
>>
>>376364772

The music that plays in the Divine Roost is Chinese-sounding. I didn't say the actual battle theme was.
>>
>>376364958
see >>376364969
telethia is on a cliff by a huge flower, not a mountain-top. It's also one of the highest-tier tyrants in the game that would be one of the last things anyone would ever fight due to its absurdly high level. Also, if there were more dragons in BotW as you seem to be suggesting, it'd ruin the impact of encountering a dragon in that game (since they're usually a rare sight until you look into how to farm them).
>>
>>376364925
>>No interesting or funny characters like previous Zelda games
100% bullshit
>>
File: zelda combat018.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
zelda combat018.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>376364671
Woah, it's unfair how babies are allowed to have so much fun. Holy shit man, too bad Im a mature gamer that only play mature games.
>>
>>376362984
Nice nitpicking here, but the difference is that you probably only ever saw all three Telethia phases in a youtube video, otherwise you'd have been farming augments for hours, realizing how awful XCX's post-game is and wouldn't be making this post.
I liked both games, but come on.
>>
>>376364925
>>Main dungeons are boring as shit

True

>Bosses are boring as shit

True

>>5 enemy types

True

>>No interesting or funny characters like previous Zelda games

Not true, the characters are extremely colorful in this one. I'm referring mainly to the non-story characters, as the cutscenes are a chore. The Gerudo women are especially intriguing, not least due to the subversive nature of that whole sequence.

>>Combat devolves into fishing for Flurry Rushes

It's more just mindless button-mashing.

>>Music is basically non-existent. Music that is there is mediocre at best

I thought so too, but the town themes are gems. All in all the score is pretty lazy though.

It's funny because this is my second favorite Zelda now, just shy of A Link to the Past. And that's in spite of the obnoxious narrative and lackluster music. I just find the exploration and immersion that good. It's perhaps the truest realization of the Zelda philosophy since the first game.
>>
>>376364969
>>376365189

Holy shit you really are autistic. How are these your arguments? "telethia is not one a mountain-top"... It literally nests on the top of the tallest mountain on the continent, and even if it didn't, what does it fucking matter?

I'm not suggesting there should be more dragons in BotW for fucks sake you mongrel, I'm saying there's TOO MANY and they're ALL IDENTICAL. There should have been ONE dragon with that model, in ONE place, and the other two should have had different designs, and they should all have been fightable. And no, shooting arrows at the malice orbs on Naydra while it slowly flies around does not count as fighting.
>>
File: mash to oh wait.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
mash to oh wait.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>376365438
>It's more just mindless button-mashing.
I kek everytime
>>
>>376365668
>three hearts

Gee, I wonder why.
>>
>>376358946
>I was not aware that Calamity Ganon was the end boss and just wemt and beat him
The game repeats that he is like half a dozen times on the way there. And when you reach the castle the game literally zooms in on Ganon and essentially flat out says that the struggle will finally be over if you beat him. And then the game marks that spot with a gigantic yellow orb on your new 3D Map overlay.

You're either flat out lying or you're incredibly stupid. Possibly both.
>>
>>376365352

XCX's postgame is masterful unless you are some OCD moron who absolutely must max everything out and goes crazy in the process.

The top-tier superbosses SHOULD be impossible for casuals to beat. That's exactly the kind of thing that Zelda is missing, the kind of stuff that lets XCX's world retain its wonder, peril and mystery for hundreds of hours. It's not like XCX doesn't also have dozens of lower-tier endgame bosses that less hardcore players can have fun fighting without needing to grind.
>>
>>376365537
It's not a mountain-top at all though, it's a cliff with a huge lake.
>>376365537
>I'm saying there's TOO MANY and they're ALL IDENTICAL
There's only 3, though? and they're pretty rare to encounter, especially early in the game (I think they become far more common once you do their respective shrine quests) - they do have different designs, their sprines, horns, and face models are different; maybe you feel that's not enough of a distinction, I guess that's fine.
>shooting arrows at the malice orbs on Naydra while it slowly flies around does not count as fighting.
why not? that's how a lot of fights in zelda games go, it still has a little challenge in the form of not falling to your death (especially via getting frozen by Naydra's ice orbs), though this encounter is typically found early in the game since players are likely to head to Hateno if they choose to follow the storyquest from the start, meaning they'll bump into the NPC that tells them to visit Mount Lanayru there.

Also, what >>376365352 said is correct.
>>
File: zelda combat003.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
zelda combat003.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>376365779
Please go and buttonmash a Lynel and record it so we all can see you fail.
>>
>>376365882
>The top-tier superbosses SHOULD be impossible for casuals to beat
Not him, but this isn't a case of being impossible for just casuals - they're fucking impossible period until you've grinded enough end-game gear. If you enjoy grinding, then sure go nuts, but I don't so I never bothered fighting any of the superbosses in XCX. All the lower-tier tyrants in XCX feel the same to fight, I literally used the same strategy for every fight and didn't have to think about it (Essence Exchange into endless Overdrive over and over).
>>
>>376366089

The Lynels are literally the only difficult part of the game. Lynel fights are flurry rushes galore. Otherwise the game's just a regular button-masher-pauser-insta-heal routine.
>>
>>376366193
What about the bosses? Oh wait those arent buttonmashing either. Gee, it almost sounds as if you were totally oversimplifying stuff.
>>
>>376366347

Sorry, they kind of are. They're slightly more involved than the average enemy, but coming from Dark Souls/Monster Hunter the bosses here are cakewalks.
>>
>>376366193
>relies on the healing items crutch
>complains about the game being a button masher

My little anon can't possibly be this retarded.
>>
>>376366347
you wouldn't get very far with button-mashing lizalfos either, especially ones that swim. You'd be especially fucked when trying to flurry rush whilst surrounded as, despite it entering slow-mo, you can still be hit during a flurry rush - which is extremely likely if you're surrounded.
>>
>>376366446
>Monster Hunter
>challenging in any way
o i am laffin, you literally just grind your way to victory
>>
>>376366470
>it's hard if you deliberately gimp yourself!

A game is easy if it gives you a way out, not if it's impossible to lose at.
>>
>>376366446
What about the Proof of Strenght robots? Oh wait those aren't buttonmashing either! Goddamn you anon, you almost got me.

Also, I have played all Souls games, except bloodbourne, and they aren't that hard at all either and I play with UltraSwords for shit and giggles.
>>
File: vee.png (16KB, 268x187px) Image search: [Google]
vee.png
16KB, 268x187px
>>376366618
>avoiding damage is gimping yourself
>>
>>376366659
>What about the Proof of Strenght robots?

>walk up, button mash
>walk away for a second
>repeat
>>
>>376358946
It was the easiest final boss in a series of painfully easy final bosses.

This game is so painfully, stupidly easy that it really brings down the fun level imo

food was a mistake
champion's powers were a mistake
flurry rush was a mistake
parry was a mistake
>>
>>376366659
people only thing Souls games are hard because they are marketed that way, in reality they aren't particularly challenging. If anything, they can be kinda tedious due to how slow the flow of combat is in those games.
>>376366761
wouldn't really work since they charge at you and eventually start firing lasers, at least the higher-tier ones.
>>
File: 1490437722065.gif (2MB, 320x228px) Image search: [Google]
1490437722065.gif
2MB, 320x228px
>>376366715
>fundamental mechanics are a crutch
>>
>>376366808
>parry was a mistake
Parry is never a mistake, fuck you.
>>
>>376366761
Woah almost sounds like darksouls.

>shield up
>Wait for Attack
>Mash
>Repeat

Damn rlly make u think almost as if games were simple rite
>>
>>376366808

I honestly think the game was made so easy in the form of food/special powers/slow-mo to compensate for the poorly implemented, frenetic combat. Targeting is so fucking sloppy, the camera is a nuisance, and the way the game slows down every time your weapon makes contact completely destroy its rhythm.
>>
>>376363520
Being the same as previous Zeldas is not the issue with Twilight Princess.
I absolutely love Midna, but disregarding her the game is just something of a mess. It stops you around every other corner and interrupts you forcing you to do all manner of very specific stuff. It's the Zelda game that railroads you the hardest after Skyward Sword.

The game remains pretty cool and has quite a few awesome stuff in it. But the paths there are just incredibly sluggish.
Claiming that it's just like Ocarina of Time and thus bad is really quite disingenuous because the games aren't actually that similar outside of their key points. And Ocarina of Time, while sharing many of Twilight Princess's flaws, has a much better flow to it and strengths over Twilight Princess.
>>
>>376366941
>play souls game
>swing your weapon at an enemy more than twice
>get your shit kicked in

Souls and MonHun are among the few games that properly punish players for button mashing. It's a delicate balance to get right.
>>
>>376366818
>at least the higher-tier ones.
They all do it when they have little enough HP left.
>>
File: Zelda combat010.webm (839KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda combat010.webm
839KB, 1920x1080px
>>376366858
My nigga.
>>
>>376366857
It is.
It's there to help you when you fuck up. It's the training wheels on a kids bike. You're supposed to avoid the damage.
But since you're retarded and incapable of actually playing properly, you will farm food for half an hour between every encounter because you need a full inventory when fighting anything that fights back.

You're the person that dies 5 times in a row in Mario and picks the invincibility suite because "it's a fundamental mechanic".
>>
>>376366808
>food was a mistake
I agree, though you can ignore it altogether easily
>champion's powers were a mistake
Daruk's Protection and Mipha's Grace were definitely a mistake, but I find Urbosa's Fury too fun to turn off. Speaking of which, you can turn these off.
>flurry rush was a mistake
Somewhat agree, they made it too easy to pull of against most attacks, it'd be nice if they had more attacks that are hard or impossible to flurry to make it less of a crutch.
>parry was a mistake
Disagree, it's implemented well and generally tricky to pull off, especially against fast attacks. Could be nerfed a little when fighting Guardians I suppose, but then again you're more than likely to put yourself in danger when trying to parry those as another Guardian will shoot you instead.
>>376367265
Yeah but weaker ones you can typically kill so quick that it skips that entire phase.
>>
>>376358946
>I was not aware that the big bad directly responsible for everything wrong with the world and my 100 years stasis slumber in the most heavily guarded place in the world surrounded by an evil aura and that has also been the major antagonist and final boss for most of the games in the series was, in fact, the final boss
DSP get the fuck off my board.
>>
>>376359384
>Muh cheevos
This is what happens when the Xbox generation become old enough to legally post here.
>>
>>376367102
never once had an issue with the camera, it's solid. Targeting can be iffy but it becomes easier once you realise you can cycle between different targets by hitting the target button repeatedly. Also, if you do find yourself surrounded it's a better idea to do a spin attack (especially with a 2-handed weapon), rather than rapidly targeting between enemies; in fact, if you really were surrounded a flurry rush would more than likely fuck you over.
>>
>>376367309
>It's there to help you when you fuck up. It's the training wheels on a kids bike. You're supposed to avoid the damage.

But you don't have to. The game doesn't adequately punish you for taking shortcuts, which it offers abundantly in the form of a fundamental mechanic, and not just a hail mary that appears once you've died five times in a row.

Even if you don't heal that much the battles are mindless, mashy affairs. You have to take extra measures to make the game remotely difficult.
>>
>>376366808
They could've handled all of those better. Drain stamina for dodging, limit the amount of food you can carry, make eating render you vulnerable, make certain stuff like guardian lasers un-parry-able or punish you more for doing it. Like, literally, just make it Dark Souls. Or come up with some new ideas.
But yeah, the champion's powers were a mistake, no denying that.
>>
>>376367208
Dude if you know the enemies they are piss easy, you can might as well evade an attach, mash until you dont have any stamina left and roll away as it starts to fill in then repeat. Same with zelda, you can mash to win if you know the enemies and are strong enough; if there are several enemies it can get very tricky in zelda.

See? We are getting away of the oversimplification bullshit. I love Souls games and Zelda games alike.
>>
>>376367620

Even if you know a Souls/MonHun enemy's attack pattern and telegraphs, it still requires great concentration and focus not to fuck up. These are games just as much about manual dexterity and coordination as rote memorization.

Practically nothing is "very tricky" in Zelda. The Lynels are the only thing that comes close, and only because they take a while to destroy and continually run out of lock-on range.
>>
It's not nintendo's fault you're a retard, I'm having great fun exploring the world
>>
>>376360693
it's only non-liner because there's no plot at all

all plot elements combined make up 5% of the game at most
>>
>>376360495
Windfall Island had more meaningful content than the whole of BotW
>>
>>376367880
Nah, man I still disagree, fighting a group of Lizalfos can get really tricky. Specially in harsh enviroments like snow, you can die quite easily if you are not ready.

Actually, you make me realize that Zelda's hardest moments are because you have several enemies surronding you and you can react quite easily to the telegraphs and patters because it gets quite random. Specially with archers around.

Lynels are kinda easy the more you play them since you memorize them, same as any Dark Souls enemy or Monster Hunter monster.
>>
>>376368351
I think you're just bad at fighting multiple enemies at once.
>climb on box or rock
>use AOE attack
>kill all weaker enemies in 1 or 2 seconds
>finish off the stronger one(s)
>>
>>376367950
exploring the world gets old once you realize the reward is always a shrine or korok seed and never anything else
>>
File: 1433251.jpg (84KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1433251.jpg
84KB, 1200x675px
>>376358946
>I was not aware that Calamity Ganon was the end boss

Didn't the big castle full of guardians and evil give you a hint, genius?
>>
>>376368773
or the fact that it's literally the first 'main quest' you get, and the king makes a big deal over the fact that you shouldn't go there right away until you're strong enough?
>>
>>376368570
I think you just love oversimplyfing shit. If its a metal box and there is a lizalfo with electrics arrows you are fucked since that shit amplify its effect.
>>
>>376368570

Or maybe he doesn't enjoy cheesing the game in ways that take no skill like you do. I bet you have champion powers on too.
>>
protip: Zelda has always been a casual franchise, like Mario

The easy difficulty is to appeal to the widest demographic possible. Even Hero/Hard/Master Quest Mode is normal difficulty in practice.
>>
>>376369203
>Zelda has always been a casual franchise
Zelda 2 would like to have a word with you
>>
>>376369203
the fact that they can't even add a difficulty setting means the devs are simply incompetent

>>376369283
>30 years ago
>>
>>376369283
Oh shit, I can finish any souls game without sweating but I couldn't finish that shit. Why is it so hard.
>>
>>376369348
probably because it would take 6 more months of development to program a proper difficulty setting.
>>
>>376366808
The game isn't hard, but is way harder than any other 3d zelda, at least is a step up.
>>
I rushed the Mastersword. Was that a mistake? Are all other weapons meaningless now?
>>
>>376369571
>but is way harder than any other 3d zelda
no it isn't
>>
>>376369715
When you explain it thoroughly like that, I guess you are right.
>>
>>376369798
see: any of the points in the post you replied to
>>
>>376369672
Nah, the Master Sword's kind of shit, unfortunately.
>>
File: 635736456354.png (325KB, 603x600px) Image search: [Google]
635736456354.png
325KB, 603x600px
Retarded Pussy tier:
>fights ganon with all divine beasts, master sword, shield, upgraded armor, and food

Not bad but still an inexperienced child tier:
>fights ganon with "three hearts" and no divine beasts, but uses bows and shields and food

Becoming a man tier:
>fights ganon in the nude with only sword and shield, three hearts and no divine beasts, and no food

Balls to the wall tier:
>fights ganon in the nude with only one handed swords (no master sword), no shield or bows, three hearts, no divine beasts and no food
>>
>>376370184
Ah okay I'll use it till later game then
>>
>>376369860
Nigger none of those points prove that it's easier than other 3D Zeldas, how the fuck do you think he's wrong?
>>
>>376364671
>work your ass to climb the highest mountain to find a weapon that, not only you'll be able to find anywhere else, but also will break after fighting one lynel.
You're doing it wrong. See those hints in the loading screens when you go in and out of shrines? They're in the game for a reason.

A) the best weapons are in shrines and on Hinoxes.

B) when the hint screen tells you to use meals and potions for tough fights you should fucking listen.

5 bananas in a pot makes a meal that gives +++ to attack for 4.5mins. With a royal claymore off a hinox and a banana meal you can take down a silver lynel and make it back to town before the meal wears off, and have enough stuffing left in the claymore to take down another lynel or two. And royal claymore are dead common in the game, they're like Mardi Gras beads.
>>
>>376364671
>do some quest in any game
>get rewarded with money
>use the money
>it is now gone
WOW NICE "REWARD" NINTENDO
>>
>>376370317
none of the other zeldas have any of those things

are you retarded?
>>
>>376358946
>I tried to do as much as I could before going there
>need to go there for a shrine and a memory
>miss both and accidentally bump into ganon
>fight him because Im there
>lost all motivation to do anything else after
I mean I did a lot more, but beating the game feels really discouraging. Feel like discourage is the theme of the game. People say you have all this freedom, but in the end if you're playing the game optimally you don't really do much with it. You just go to shiny points, get an orb from a cyber mummy and rinse and repeat.
>>
>>376366483
>lizalfos either, especially ones that swim
Lol, you don't need to do anything with those except hit them with a shock arrow. They're literally as easy as red bokoblins.
>>
One tiny detail that I am actually quite surprised at when it comes to Breath of the Wild. Is that you can't turn off or tell the Divine Beast Champions to relax or something.

Even really early on I noticed a reoccurring trend in the game where you could more or less choose your own difficulty. Like in older games you can choose not to pick up the heart containers after defeating bosses. But the game even lets you sell off your hearts and stamina effectively making you weaker. You can discard your strongest weapons and pick up sticks and brooms to fight with even in the late game. If you have upgraded your armour you are still able to purchase unupgraded versions of said armour pieces or just undress in the nude altogether. You can turn off the Champion abilities if you don't feel like using them.

Even after having completed the entire game, you can weaken your character and throw away all your good gear. And face Ganon with the gear you left the shrine of resurrection with. That's an option the game keeps with you until the very end of the game. But even so, you can't prevent reclaimed Divine Beasts from shooting at Ganon before the final battle.
Feels a tiny bit inconsistent. Though I personally wouldn't call that big of a deal. But it does feel somewhat inconsistent.
>>
>>376370219
no matter how much you cripple yourself ganon is still going to have the same few predictable attacks
>>
>>376370764
what if you don't have a shock arrow?
>>
>>376370917
requiring the player to gimp themselves to make the game hard is piss-poor game design
>>
>>376370934
why wouldn't you have shock arrows?

they're the most common drop in the game
>>
>>376369672
The Master Sword is great since it's one of the most reliable pieces of equipment you can get.
It doesn't break. At worst it's unusable for 10 minutes but then you get it back. It can shoot projectiles if you for whatever the reason lack bows or arrows.
All these qualities makes it a pretty reliable weapon. It's always great to have.

But in sheer performance? It's a pretty great weapon against calamity infused enemies. But even then it's not the best weapon and is outclassed by the stronger weapons in the game. So even in this scenario, it once again remains reliable most of all.

I would never call the Master Sword bad. Still probably one of the best things you can pick up in the game. But considering how things are as they are it doesn't really break the game in any fashion. You shouldn't worry. Use the Master Sword to your heart's content. It's yours now.
>>
>>376370934
Get some. It's not rocket science. The quest lynel in zora domain has oodles of them lying around, and the lizalfos on the road there are chock full too. By the time I got to the elephant I had something like 130 shock arrows. That stash got me through the rest of the game, since they're mostly useful for water lizalfos and occasional mob fights in the rain. And yiga blade masters with those instakill swords.
>>
Best thing about Zelda is that the game is as easy or hard as you wanna make it.

Of course there will be that minority of autists that lack any self control and make the game as easy for themselves as possible and then complain about it, like some of the anons in this thread, but who really gives a shit about them? They're probably the same type of faggots that over level their pokemon then whine when the game isn't hard anymore.

I hope they continue to do this with future Zelda games. Though, they should probably include some form of hard mode at release. No defending that.
>>
>>376371146
I dunno, I like how the things I'm doing are making the final fight easier, like it's an actual tangible thing, you would want to be as prepared as possible to fight ganon. It should have been balanced a little better tho.
>>
>>376358946
Look at this fuckin casual
>>
>>376371389
>bad game design is actually good because worse than bad is possible
>>
>>376362669
> Nintendo were damned if they do, damned if they don't.

BOTW had overwhelmingly positive response, it's just contrarians on /v/ who pretend it's shit
>>
>>376358946
>is a zelda game
>doesn't know ganon is the last boss
Are you a retard? Ganon is always the last boss and it tells you a hundred times...
>>
>>376371146
I am personally more than fine with essentially being able to beat the final boss without even fighting it. I personally find that to be a really cool idea to be honest and enriches and gives validity to the relevancy of the world around the boss.
Like it's not just the player character and the boss in the world, but other actors in the world matter too. And together they can even beat the final threat if coordinated. That's cool. Even if it removes the final fight.

However. Considering that the game should have far more optional battles on difficulty levels similar to that of the unweakened final boss fight. In other parts of the world. So that strong threats remain in the world even after the final boss is being weakened. But ultimately I can't say it's that big of a deal. I can always replay the game.
>>
>>376371570
I thought the game was great but it's not even close to the best in the series.
Everyone outside of /v/ treats it like the second coming of jesus because they're braindead fans (in a similar vein to star wars fans thinking Force Awakens was a "good")
>>
>>376371146
Only if the player is autistic and has to play the most optimal way every single time.
>>
>>376362669
>>Wind Waker - there's no overworld to explore.
Wind Waker had the smart of dividing its map into very discernible squares. And each square even followed its own rules to an extent. Like each square had its own secret and you could basically go through a checklist for each and every square and feeling confident that you had looked for everything before moving on to the next square.
That kind of design made it much easier to ignore bloat of the sea itself and made the progress from exploring very tangible.
>>
>>376371985
never said anything about it being the best. What game is the best is going to come down to that person's taste.
>>
>>376358946
Nintendo should've implemented an achievement system for the switch. It could've been stickers or something idk. But like it or not it would improve replay value and add an extra layer of depth to your online profile.
>>
>>376370917
>>376371146
>>376371550

The way the game does it is perfectly fine for most part. The game allows you to tailor your challenge level. If you can't resist overgearing and keeping all the overpowered shit turned on, then that's your weakness, not the game's.

It should have been possible to turn off the Beasts though. Not only because of the Ganon fight, but because the huge red beams that are always visible from everywhere in Hyrule are really ruining the view.

Also, food is just poorly balanced no matter how you look at it, with how 99% of food is useless and the remaining 1% is ridiculously overpowered, the large amount of food you can carry and eat anytime you want, and the pause to heal thing. They should have put in a hunger meter to limit food spamming at the very least, and preferably also made Link vulnerable while eating.
>>
>>376371269
Thanks anon, nice writeup
>>
>>376373110
The pause to heal thing just kills it for me. It's so dumb I can't even believe they thought it was a good idea. It makes it seem like links power is not the triforce of courage, but the ability to freeze time and eat unimaginably amounts of food.
>>
>>376359410
>Defeat the Blight Ganons
>Recapture the Divine Beasts, which the game establishes as counter measures to Ganon
>This should make Ganon stronger
You are a special level of retarded.
>>
>>376361350
This. OP is either a complete retard or the laziest shitposter in existence.
>>
File: 3VF7rwO.jpg (64KB, 520x694px) Image search: [Google]
3VF7rwO.jpg
64KB, 520x694px
>Can literally walk through the walls of Hyrule Castle without even trying
>My face when I did this by complete accident and got stuck in this fucked up arena with missing textures and walls fighting the Blight Ganons

CHRIST, NINTENDO
>>
>>376366089
Later in the game you can basically button mash Lynels. Late game Link is basically a God. I have 27 hearts, 88 defense and all four Divine Beast powerups. Lynels barely do damage at this point. Also, the DB powerups mean I can take 3 free hits, gives me 2 stocks of health, and gives me 3 lightning strikes that collectively do 1500 damage. Combine that with high powered swords and tri-shot bows, and I can easily kill Lynels without bothering to constantly dodge.
BOTW is still my favorite game I've played in years, but the late game combat is a bit pointless.
>>
>>376371985
If not the best in the series, it's at least close. /v/ only shits on BOTW, because it's filled with a bunch of faggots who are contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.
>>
>>376369672
The master sword is only for use against Guardians and for the entirety of Hyrule Castle, where it activates and kicks ass. The rest of the time it's just a standard 30-damage sword that will need to recharge for 10 minutes when it "breaks".
>>
>>376370920
Implying you have the TV turned on.

Some of the best boss fights I have had I fought entirely by feel.

No, literally I beat the final bosses to Vexx and Enter the Matrix from just the haptic feedback in the controller. As the screen and audio were glitching to the point of distracting me. So I turned them off to make it easier. Did it with other games later to up the difficulty. Sadly some newer games stop when it detect the TV is off.
>>
>was not aware that ganon is the main boss
>in a zelda game
>2017
>>
>>376371985
>I thought the game was great but it's not even close to the best in the series.
Best since the N64 without a doubt
>>
>>376373834
>It makes it seem like links power is the ability to eat unimaginably amounts of food.
The game actually says this this at one point. Zelda's personal diary, if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>376376229
>If not the best in the series, it's at least close.
Why is that?
The only thing it does better than the other other games is overworld design, and even the original game has more thought and heart put into it, it's just limited by technology.
>>
>>376378754
ALBW and TP are better
>>
>>376366089
Good set of armor, good weapons from a shrine or hinox, and a 5-banana meal and you too can button-mash a silver lynel to death in under three minutes, less than two minutes if you're using the ancient armor, a guardian battleaxe, and the aforementioned 5-banana meal. A silver lynel is only about 15 hits with that combo. No champion powers needed. Mount three times and it's dead Jim. I used to dick around with dodging and parrying the fuckers till I realized it was just inefficient compared to bananas and mercilessly hacking them to death.
>>
>>376368351
Drop 4 wood and flint, strike with sword, up into the sky without needing ravioli. rain death from above, land with charge spin attack. You do collect the wood at each stable right?
>>
>>376375413
Found the CEMUfag.
>>
>>376364717
Besides the weapons you find on the fallen enemies match the level in the area.
>>
>>376368996
>not being bad at the game is "cheesing the game"
>>
>>376359039
It's easy as fuck if you defeat the divine beasts, I tried facing Ganon after getting the runes, and no other shrines, and it's hard as fuck
>>
There's a reason why everyone hates XCX fags.
>>
>>376370379
even more likely; get rewarded with money and do one of the following:
>have literally nothing to spend it on
>everything you find is better, health plentiful, figuratively nothing to spend it on
>never spend it in case something expensive comes along you might want to buy, which never comes
Thread posts: 192
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.