[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Fuck you i liked it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

Bonus points for explaining.

People ignore that this is the only proper Mario World RPG with Mario IP's out there, and it is easily the best in the gameplay department.

Hell, Superstar Saga DX will probably takes cues from this games Gameplay department to make it's already great gameplay even better
>>
File: Mortal Kombat 4 (U) [!].jpg (10KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
Mortal Kombat 4 (U) [!].jpg
10KB, 300x200px
>>
File: 250px-MarioLuigiPartnersTimeBox.jpg (26KB, 250x225px) Image search: [Google]
250px-MarioLuigiPartnersTimeBox.jpg
26KB, 250x225px
>>376357362
wrong image op
>>
Every M&L game that isn't Bowser's Glorified Shitfest.

They all have better overworlds and characters. Some have objectively superior gameplay.
>>
File: The_Last_Guardian_cover_art.jpg (44KB, 392x431px) Image search: [Google]
The_Last_Guardian_cover_art.jpg
44KB, 392x431px
>>376357362
my favorite ueda game
>>
>Played every M&L game
>Finished all of them
>They always feel kind of sloggish and boring after a bit
>Still excited for SSDX

What is it with these games, they're always 90% filler and boring
>>
File: TMNTreshelled_cover.png (181KB, 256x306px) Image search: [Google]
TMNTreshelled_cover.png
181KB, 256x306px
This was actually a good remake

Yeah it's the arcade and not SNES, but it's still the same game

The boss theme was actually pretty nice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S462JP7F0yA
>>
>>376357362
>it is easily the best in the gameplay department.
Fuck no, the whole minigame centric battle system is trash and has ruined the series. MLSS is the only one that doesn't have that bullshit.

>Hell, Superstar Saga DX will probably takes cues from this games Gameplay department
If they ruin SS battle system with minigame shit, it'll be a shit game no matter what.
>>
>>376358802
Too easy and too little variety in the combat, generally speaking. I still love them.
>>
>>376358802

They are fun and great to play

but after completing them, like boss rush and etc, you don't feel like restarting unless you give yourself a break

They are long RPG's afterall with a lot of filler with the exception of Paper Jam
>>
>>376358320
I agree, except on Paper Jam.
It's gameplay is definitely an improvement, but the gameplay didn't need it.
Meanwhile it's overworld,story and bosses are even more generic than Bowser's Innards Story
>>
>>376358981

Did you actually play Paper Jam?

A lot of the bros moves are closer to SSS and are shorter

The Trio moves are the minigame centric ones

The drill shell for example is literally pressing A and then B repeatedly which is very similar to the hammer spin in SSS

Also im talking about the presentation, as in the moves feel satisfying to pull
>>
>>376359224
>A lot of the bros moves are closer to SSS and shorter
... Obviously you didn't play SSS.
>>
>>376359215

>and Bosses

That's irrelevant
Who the bosses are doesnt matter, it's what they offer and it's the best to date
The only other boss i would argue is substantially up there would be Elite Trio from DT

No not even the overworld is as bad as BIS, give it SOME credit, BIS didnt even have a Snow world
>>
>>376359215
Even Paper Jam's generic overworld has more to do than that miserable blocky lump of land Bowser waded through.
>>
>>376358981
>people praise SSS for not having minigame shit and no tutorials
>literally has the largest amount of mandatory minigame shit and the most amount of tutorials that you don't even have the option to skip
>>
>>376359224
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCZDx66IK_Q

Looks like a bunch of minigame centric garbage to me. It's not fun. Superstar Saga is the only game in the series that did the battle system right.
>>
>>376359329
>The bosses don't matter
I bet you think Sticker Star was the best Paper Mario game you faggot
>>
>>376359515
>literally has the largest amount of mandatory minigame shit and the most amount of tutorials that you don't even have the option to skip

I never said anything about "mandatory minigame shit" or tutorials. I'm talking about the battle system minigame shit from later games, not overworld mini games, which were done once or twice, then you move on.
>>
>>376359515
>Oh you wantu pray gamu ?
>No u jampu ropu nao !
>>
>>376359215
> bosses
I'll give you overworld & story, but there's nothing wrong with the bosses.
They made the Koopalings interesting.
>>
>>376359515
>most amount of tutorials
bullshit
there's
>starting tutorial
>jump moves tutorial
>hammer moves tutorial
>hand moves tutorial

Tutorials only when they're ABSOLUTELY needed. Dream Team shoved a tutorial up your ass anytime anything remotely new came up. And those were unskippable too.
>>
>>376359736

Paper Jam's bosses were actual characters with dialog

Sticker Star was just oversized enemies that maybe speak once or twice
>>
>>376359736

Great assumption you hollow-skull dicklicker, but no, Sticker Star had shitty bosses in design and concept. Paper Jam avoids that problem even if it's not new designs.
>>
>>376357362
I actually completely agree with you on that.
>>
>>376359736
But the bosses in Sticker Star, Color Splash and Super Paper Mario have exceptionally shitty mechanics on top of being uninteresting in the former two cases. You can't say that for Paper Jam, they may be unintetesting (though even that is arguable) but their patterns are creative and airtight.
>>
>>376359215

>and Bosses

You got to fight actual Mario characters and not oversized or recolored enemies

The Koopaling split was the best thing to help their character development
>>
File: twists.png (330KB, 581x470px) Image search: [Google]
twists.png
330KB, 581x470px
>>
>>376359736

Paper Jam only had 1 boss fight that was just an oversized regular enemy(Twin Pokey's), and it's still a better boss fight than anything in Sticker Star
>>
>>376358905
>missed the opportunity to buy this on 360 and was only able to get the TMNT 1989 Arcade re-release
feels bad, at least I got Scott Pilgrim and all its DLCs
>>
>>376360180
I actually kinda wonder how they'll do the Koopalings in Superstar Saga DX now.

>>376360210
>tfw Paper Jam does Sticker Star's bosses better than Sticker Star itself.
It's not a high bar, sure, but still.
>>
File: 1369890557388.jpg (105KB, 554x588px) Image search: [Google]
1369890557388.jpg
105KB, 554x588px
Most of the minigames were fun and had plenty of content, some of them were amazing. Instead of the Wii Sports waggle-to-win mentality everyone expected, some of those challenges were pretty fucking hard. It had a neat theme park aesthetic and good music. Its multiplayer was fantastic.

The only downside was getting other people to play it was a bitch. The name alone turned most people away.
>>
>>376360648
5-Player Luigi's Mansion was fantastic, so was the Metroid game
I can't remember any other game
>>
>>376360648
>>376360808
The Pikmin game on it was pretty fun, I played that one a lot.
>>
>>376360648
if it had online it would have easily been one of the best games on the system
>>
>>376361003

It had miiverse. I expected absolutely nothing from that, but having dozens of little miis walking around the plaza with posts bitching about dancing octopus or DK's Crash Course really gave it a sense of community, without the negative aspect of online play like griefers, people with shit online, children screaming at you, ragequitters, etc.
>>
File: 2430008-game_wario[1].jpg (51KB, 448x640px) Image search: [Google]
2430008-game_wario[1].jpg
51KB, 448x640px
Bump. Short, but the games were a lot of fun.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.