[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xbox 360 Appreciation Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

Had my Xbox 260 arcade for almost a decade and zero issues besides red ring twice, but I just waited two weeks both times and it went away, last time it happened was 7 years ago. I always got guilt tripped and teased cause literally everyone I knew had a ps3 and I saw tons of people on places like 4chan praising the ps3, but I'm glad to know the 360 was successful most of last gen, glad to know the truth, it deserved it.
>>
I just took apart my 360 S that I got in November 2010 to dust it and replace the thermal paste because why not, I want this thing to last a long time. It surprisingly wasn't that dusty.
>>
Got a 360 recently. Currently playing Vesperia and Catherine on it. It's a surprisingly good console, by many aspects superior to the PS3 and it has shit load of great games that are now cheap as fuck.

I regret not giving it a chance sooner. I feel the same about the OG Xbox which is an incredibly underrated console.

Too bad Microsoft doesn't care anymore and whored all Xbox games to thristy cancerous PC niggers.
>>
The Xbox 360 is pretty damn GOAT
Solid exclusives, better performance in multiplats, way better online infrastructure even if it wasn't free.
Xbox Live pretty much revolutionised gaming and the Marketplace with both Indie games and Arcade games was fantastic. Really led to some nice little titles there. It also helps the Marketplace wasn't shit like the one on the PS4 and actually had a nice, clean and easy to use UI.
>>
Buy an xk3y and external. Never worry about overheating again.
>>
Fuck Xbox 360
Since 2009 it was a fucking Netflix box, it began the downward spiral of Xbox
>>
I loved my 360, had a great decade with it
>>
>>376356646
Was amazing from 2005-2009. Started going downhill after that and became shit by 2011.
>>
>>376359709
>had
Take care of your shit anon
>>
File: Microsoft-Point-Closing[1].jpg (45KB, 650x459px) Image search: [Google]
Microsoft-Point-Closing[1].jpg
45KB, 650x459px
>>376359946
No its not dead, i just dont really use it anymore that much. Matter of fact, once a few more key games I'm interested in become BC on xbox one, I think I'll box it up for good. The aesthetics in the first few years were great, anyone remember microsoft points? In some stores they also came in a big plastic case, making it feel really premium. Good times
>>
>>376356646
360 went to shit after they focused only on Kinect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUsiFjeRWjw
>>
>>376360754
I only have one kinect game since my mom bought it for me on black friday, yes it's the MJ Experience
>>
I'm starting to miss last gen now, I can't put my finger on it but last gen had this sort of wonder to it which I don't feel anymore
>>
>thinly veiled fanboy thread
fuck off nigger
>>
>>376361573
I am proud of being a nigger
>>
Tales of Vesperia and Lost Odyssey were good enough to make the console worthwhile. Deathsmiles and Ikaruga were bonuses.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1MB, 3234x2147px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
1MB, 3234x2147px
This, Halo 3, and CoD4/MW2...

The best multiplayer experiences ever. Now you can get banned for calling someone a faggot and everyone's in party chat. I miss the 360 days
>>
>>376361573
>you have to a be an idort or own a pc gaming machine to be considered a real gamer
>>
The 360 is the console that introduced me to all the weird weeb shit.
It also had all the SHMUP, which was great.
>>
>>376362785
Weeaboo trash like what? The 360 only got the good japanese games, the ones that mattered. Not the shitty anime shovelware that infests the playstation.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
>>376356646
PS3 had no games until the generation was over.
PS3 was overpriced until the generation was over.

XBOX original is still the best though. 360 was the beginning of the end.
>>
>>376362461
fucking psu, man.
so many memories
>>
>>376363194
I like weeb shit so it was not really a complain.
EDF is just too good but it's clearly a budget game
>>
File: 67620_0.jpg (107KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
67620_0.jpg
107KB, 500x500px
>>376357850
>>376357850
>>376357850

This. And you have the entire 360 library at your disposal.

I love it. Never getting rid of mine and it's been doing me good for about eight or nine years now.
>>
360 is still my main console. my only next gen console is wii u and im not planning on buying any more consoles for the forseeable future. im happy with the 360. theres still hundreds of games on the 360 i havent played. getting an xbone or ps4 would be a waste
>>
>>376363669
i have one of the new xbone-style 360s by the way. got it a couple of years ago. before that I had a 20gb original for like 7 years but i got tired of not being able to hear the radio on gta because of the fucking fan
>>
File: 1428241364307.png (137KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1428241364307.png
137KB, 250x250px
>>376363642
Wait, IS THERE a reliable 360 hack now?

I tried to JTAG an older 360 some time ago and all it did was brick it. This was the same year that later the RGH came out and I felt like an idiot for not waiting.

I have three Xbox 360's. Two are DEAD dead after reviving them half a dozen times even with the improved X-clamp replacements and improved ventillation.
>>
>>376363817
You mean like the 360 E?
>>
>>376363669
I sort of understand you and felt the same way not so long ago but honestly it's getting hard to ignore the new consoles with how support for 7th gen consoles has been dropped completely widespread. Also a PS4 or Xbone are like 200 bucks nowadays ang games are getting cheaper too.

You'll be missing out too much anon.
>>
File: Drawing (7).jpg (42KB, 1055x572px) Image search: [Google]
Drawing (7).jpg
42KB, 1055x572px
>>376361463
Instant play, no downloads, no fus
>>
Xbox is always underrated unless you're a lower-middle class US normie. It's too bad that it was never popular in Japan

>OG Xbox has best multiplats and great exclusives
>360 is cheap, has the most games and a great controller
>The Xbone is... ok, at least the controller is great and I can get games without resorting to the W10 Store
>>
Daily reminder Catherine, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and Ikaruga are all backwards compatible on Xbone.
>>376357394
>>376362337
>>
>>376362461
>that very generous free trial
i made so many friends
>>
>>376364241
yeah i think thats what it's called

>>376364340
it is tempting but until the xbone gets almost-complete backwards compatibility i dont really want to have another box laying around. I want to get the most out of one of my consoles for a change. Like I probably only played like 10% of the ps2's best games before moving to 360 and in hindsight that was kind of a waste. but im older now and not in such a rush to have the latest thing

360 still has enough to keep me going. It has GTAV, which I still play a lot, and it still has active online playerbases for the sports games and the shooters. There's newer releases like MGSV and Rise of the Tomb Raider I still haven't played. and there's so many other games I haven't played and they're so cheap now too

Honestly I think the only thing that will make me buy a new system is the next GTA. I only bought my 360 in the first place for GTA4.

I also still have a ps3 I hardly got any use out of last gen. It has just been gathering dust. I still haven't played any of the Uncharteds or Last of Us

It's tempting to get a new console but I can't really justify it when there's still so much more use I could get out of my existing ones
>>
>>376366132
Do you think it's even possible to get it almost-complete backwards compatible?
>>
>>376363449
>>376365887
Protranser/acrotecher master race
>>
>>376356646
>xbots are so desperate to make threads they have to fanboy an old console
Wow...
>>
>>376366558
maybe. they seem really committed to it. they wont be able to get the sports games or other licensed games but they should be able to get a lot of the regular titles compatible. i think they're going to be working on the backwards compatibility continously throughout the next few years. I don't think it's just for the xbone. I think it's going to be for all xboxes in the future. So it's probably worth it for MS to get as many 360 games as possible running on their new Xbox OS. I think it's kind of an investment in the future for them
>>
>>376366987
I sure hope so
>>
I miss when Microsoft actually tried doing stuff
>>
>>376368032
Yea, hopefully the Scorpio won't be an other trainwreck and I'll be able to throw my portstation 4 into the trash
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.