[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is no alex mercer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: The_Vial-1-.jpg (222KB, 849x553px) Image search: [Google]
The_Vial-1-.jpg
222KB, 849x553px
>2017
>People still dont get the ending of the first game

This is why we will never get Prototype 3

also, niggas.
>>
we arent getting it because activision gutted the studio after P2
>>
File: 1483315130647.jpg (267KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483315130647.jpg
267KB, 500x500px
>Radical is dead so Blizzard could make some more hats for Overwatch
>we'll never know what happened to Pariah, nor exactly what happens when he and ZEUS meet
>we'll never know if Dana eventually became a Runner after her time in the hive
>starfish theory will never be used to explain the steaming pile of Prototype 2's plot
>even if there was a Prototype 3 it'd probably be some reboot with any significant story/connections to 1 and god forbid 2 told via comic books with all supplementary material in the game instead
>the armor power would never come back
>there would never be a high vulnerability/high speed form where you're a tentacle skeleton airdashing around at the speed of sound
>there would never be a drill power to pierce multiple dudes at once
>there would never be a hivemind power where you could control infected to a limited degree
>there would never be more than one type of enemy that could survive more than one hit so you could do borderline cuhrayzee combos on them while taking their weaknesses and strengths into account
>there would never be a rival that surpasses Cross in terms of being an army man augmented with a similar strain of the virus to yours that shows up for more than one fight
>there would never be a in-depth stealth system where army mans realize that sarge has been running up a lot of walls and jumping ten stories in the air lately
>there would never be actual consequences to destroying hives or military bases
>there would never be branching story choices that allow you to try and retain what vestiges of your humanity you think you've still got a hold on/offer assistance to the military in exchange for them not fucking you over too badly/wresting control of the infected from their hivemind and remaking the city in your image but without having to be in a shitty sequel and eventually getting eaten by some nig who you gave twizzlers to
>>
>>376357649
pretty much
>>
The man might have died but it's Alex Mercer's memories and personality driving Blacklight to do what it does

If it had absorbed someone else first the game could have been very different
>>
>>376358685
I thought the deal was that Alex had the magic genes that let the virus integrate with him instead of killing off what was left of him.
Some dude says Blacklight had a 0.99999% mortality rate or something in a memory, and then I vaguely remember McMullet saying that ZEUS was the perfect artificial realization of Blacklight, while Pariah was all natural (but he's also Redlight so who knows).
>>
The fact that the virus ends up being a better "human" than the actual Mercer is one of the reasons the first one was so good. Then they fucked everything up in the awful sequel.
>>
>>376359023
Probably because it ate a lot of good people along the way
>>
>>376359223
he dindu nuffin he was gettin dem memories to turn his life around
>>
>>376359223
You can get an achievement for not consuming more than ten civilians the entire game. That leaves Mercer consuming nothing but shady scientists and dickwad blackwatch soldiers. And he still willingly decides to save the city at what he probably thought would be his life.
>>
>>376359537
You can also eat US Marines, most of which are decent people and are there trying to do the right thing while Blackwatch uses them as cannon fodder
>>
File: IMG_0713.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0713.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Heller is still one of my favorite protagonists in a video game ever. He reacts like a normal person would to the fact that he's 100% virus, getting really fucking angry and breaking things. He becomes a caricature of every angry dudebro protagonist ever and somehow surpasses all of them and absorbs them into his gigantic popped collar. He's like DMC3 Dante, but for the style of the late 2000's. Edgy, tortured, and a complete asshole. Yes, Prototype 2 turned Mercer into a B Movie bad guy, but it was worth it to see the glorious trainwreck that was James Heller.
>>
I was kinda mad about Mercer in the 2nd game.
>>
Is there something off about 2? It doesn't feel as fun as the first one.
>>
>>376356191
>wanting a third game
I was done with this series after that second game. Plus where would they even take it from there? The virus is completely extinct aside from keller. The only way they could formulate a sequel is if they pulled a infamous second son scenario and said that keller didn't completely wipe out the virus.

>>376359023
>>376359537
That sequel was some bullshit, they couldn't come up with a better conflict than mercer suddenly decides to become evil and starts the chain all over again? Funk that mess.
>>
>>376360626
I thought the same. Gameplay wise I genuinely much preferred 1. 2 just lacked a few of the things I loved and the additions it did have weren't all that great
>>
>>376356191
what's that thing?
>>
>Mercer wanted to go find PARIAH but knew Blackwatch was still monitoring him
>Mercer split off all the evil aspects of his amalgamated personality into a disposable "clone" to keep Blackwatch occupied while he secretly left the city

Too bad it's not remotely canon
>>
File: HAHAHAWHAT.png (256KB, 360x504px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHAWHAT.png
256KB, 360x504px
tfw Alex Mercer turns evil over a literal who woman in a short spin off comic book

how to kill a character in 1 easy step
>>
Is this game worth the twenty bucks on steam or should I wait for a price drop?
>>
Prototype felt like it had half it's gameplay difficulty removed because of the silly "it's a power fantasy" direction. There's no point in disguises or travelling by roof top because the troops don't seem to know Alex's face or find it weird when a guy is sprinting over cars or landing from so high up, he leaves a crater in the concrete.

It wouldn't have killed them to have some subplots going as well. Link them to that 'Web of intrigue' thing, so you're actually acting on the information you find.
>>
>>376362106
>some guy drops out of the sky and walks away unharmed
>if you don't pointlessly open fire on the night invincible blob of virus you might just live to see tomorrow
>>
>>376362008
Depends on if you liked the gameplay of Prototype or the story. Both took a hit, only story took a massive hit while gameplay for every step back it at least tried to take one step forwards as well.
>>
>>376362106
>There's no point in disguises or travelling by roof top because the troops don't seem to know Alex's face or find it weird when a guy is sprinting over cars or landing from so high up, he leaves a crater in the concrete.
It's fun though.
>>
Prototype was fantastic for just fooling around. I was happy enough to just Pac-Man my way around the city once I acquired enough powers.
>>
>>376362670
I was talking about 1. never played any of the prototypes.
>>
>mfw there was some "leaker" guy here saying that there was a Prototype reboot on the way
goddamn I'm sure he was just trolling but damn I wish it was true
>>
File: Prototype.jpg (177KB, 988x1388px) Image search: [Google]
Prototype.jpg
177KB, 988x1388px
>>
File: giphy (9).gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (9).gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>376356191
shut up
>>
>>376362901
This. The story was utter shit and completely boring, didn't care one bit, but both Prototype 1 and 2 are glorious fun when you just want to slaughter shit.
>>
File: 1377197897613.jpg (120KB, 960x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1377197897613.jpg
120KB, 960x1075px
Infamous 1 was meh and Prototype 1 was great
Infamous 2 was great and Prototype 2 was meh
Infamous 3 was shit and Prototype 3 will never exist
>>
>>376363674
Totally wrong, inFamous 1 is GOAT. The Prototype games never came close.
>>
>>376356191
>nigger MC
>series killed off soon after
The irony
>>
>>376363674
Yeah no Infamous 1 and 2 are both better than either Prototype
>>
>>376363140
Given how shitty the "bio-hazard edition" ports were, I can't see Activision doing anything with the franchise.

Same with the Ultimate Alliance series for the same reason. Why gauge interest in a franchise with the most half-assed ports done by literally who shit tier devs as possible?
>>
>>376356191
I remember feeling ill after playing Prototype for 30 minutes due to how fucking edgy and gory it was
Prototype 2 was fucking dumb, but the fun type
>>
>>376364007
You'd really have to be into TPS games if you liked inFamous 1
>>
>>376364285
inFamous 1 is the perfect superhero game. 10/10 story. Second Son is great too. Prototype 1 was a 7/10 at best.
>>
this game is probably the biggest power trip ever. You are actually a fucking god here and kick shit up with power that rivals anime protags. Which is surprisingly a very rare thing. You have all these capeshit games but the powerlever is always subpar
Shame the series went in the wrong direction and then died
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.