[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of the original Prey? Only game I can think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (258KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
258KB, 1920x1080px
What do you think of the original Prey? Only game I can think of with a Native American besides Turok. Pretty amazing engine with the portals and everything else. 3d Realms knew how to code.
>>
The only thing I remember about the game is being abducted by aliens while taking a piss in some dingy bar
>>
Not amazing, but pretty good. All those id tech 4 games felt kinda samey. The portal and anti-grav stuff was neat.
>>
Game was TECHNOLOGY done right, cool guns, cool environment, interesting set pieces, but enemies are forgettable and game was only really good for one playthrough. That boss where you have to kill kids was pretty cool, same with the one that attached itself to your gf
Prey 2 looked great, and it would have been interesting to see how they tied it back to the first one.
>>
>>376352921
>Only game I can think of with a Native American besides Turok
Why the fuck would you want to play as one of those listernine sucking faggots
>>
I actually played and beat it back when it first launched.

It was alright. I liked the portal stuff it did, but it was pretty bland overall and the "return to life" mechanic was pretty stupid. Not my favorite game to run off the Doom 3 engine.

While the 2017 Prey is in-name only, it is a better game.
>>
>>376352921
>Only game I can think of with a Native American besides Turok.

Assassins Creed.
>>
File: 1492616578449.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1492616578449.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
A really solid and quite surreal FPS. Enjoyed the fuck out of native american vibe, why the hell there's so little vidya protagonists like that.
>that moment when you start encountering kamehameha mode for Leech Gun
>Tommy goes absolutely nuclear on everything inside the ship
>>
>>376353345
he probably meant games people actually played
>>
>listening to those Radios where people are calling in about seeing shit in the sky but it's still not confirmed

Fuck love shit like that. I want a ponty pool esque game but no idea how it would work.
>>
Incredibly mediocre. Not as bad as "Pariah" mediocre, but not as good as "Timeshift" mediocre. Boring guns, boring levels, boring boss fights, boring story, with few exceptions here and there.
>>
I thought it was trippy and it fucked with my mind when enemies where on the ceiling or walking on a wall next to me and I could somehow walk on the ceiling as well or change perspectives and walk on the walls facing me and all that weird stuff. It made me kinda dizzy and then I would shrink down to microbe size and walk on that tiny ass planet they also had in their space ship that was containing really EVERYTHING. WTF was just going on? The game gave me a headache just like jumping around from walls in zero gravity in Dead Space 1. Glad they fixed it in later games so I wouldn't have to barf anymore.
>>
It's pretty cool. Some neat ideas with the whole gravity manipulation and a lot of creative alien shit.

My only gripe is that the gunplay is a bit ... weird. Also you don't get the shotgun until the last quarter of the game which is a shame.
>>
>>376353290
Found the American.
>>
>>376354584
>people played prey
>>
>>376352921
I really liked it.

It basically delivered on all the stuff I expected from Doom 3 (and was disappointed by the lack thereof)

It's a very well put together fps with a nice variety of weapons, enemies, gamplay mechanics that had this excellent sense of progression/pacing.
>>
>Played the demo when it came out and loved it
>Talked to the group I was in about it
>Their resident 'Mr Know Everything' says to "Disregard Prey" because of Portal, which was only just announce in a short video.

Glad I left those asshats.
>>
I replayed it recently and was surprised by how modern it feels. The pacing and scripting are tight as fuck but in the braindead "lemme take away control" way of the newer CODs. It's so removed from its id Tech 4 siblings that even the art style feels stronger (and it was already really good).
>>
So how were the sales? Did 3d Realms fail? Basically it was their last game EVER and that was already back in 2006. Really makes you think.
>>
>>376354286
>Enjoyed the fuck out of native american vibe,
This. I really liked that whole bit to Prey, and honestly kind of bummed that they just scrapped all of it for the new one.
>>
>>376352921
It sucked ass the only thing this game had going for it was some ok level design.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.