[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is this game and why is it so popular?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: g542g52g42.jpg (19KB, 160x265px) Image search: [Google]
g542g52g42.jpg
19KB, 160x265px
what is this game and why is it so popular?
>>
why make the same thread over and over again?
>>
File: 1484828669639.png (78KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1484828669639.png
78KB, 420x420px
>>376350929
A very fun shooter.

It's popular because despite being early access trash it's better than almost everything else.

It is also notable for triggering poorfags with shitty PCs since they can't play it, consolecucks since it's roughly 1 gorillion times more popular/mainstream than any ps4/xbox ecxclusives and people who are just downright shit.
>>
Why doesn't /v/ get together and make an early access survival game?
We could make millions.
>>
I fell for the EA meme. It is actually pretty fun, but runs like absolute shit.
>>
Another streamer bait game that'll die like the culling and other early access shit
>>
>>376351183
They stay relevant/popular much, much longer than most stuff shilled here (especially sony stuff). You can see for yourself on steamdb
>>
>>376350929
I would try it but I have shitty laptop. Optimisation will take forever anyway
>>
>>376350929
Have I ever told you the definition of insanity?
>>
>>376351331
Yeah, this. The FOTM argument is ridiculous since these games, except the shitties ones, actually stay relevant for as long as any other game.
>>
>>376350929
The appeal of Battle Royale games are pretty easy to understand OP.
>>
>>376350929
Its literally hunger gamea. People have been wanting a decent video game version of the story since the movie and this seemed to deliver for the masses
>>
>>376351331
Subtle Sony stab from the salty PC player. He was just stating facts man, no need to start name dropping
>>
>>376352075

Not him but sonybros are by far the worst offender for "shill something immediately forgotten months before release".
>>
Here's why it's doing so well compared to H1Z1, DayZ, Ark:SotF, etc:

It fucking works. At a basic fucking level, this game works. You jump out of a plane, collect equipment, and fight to the death. It's not a great or innovative game by any stretch of the imagination, but they trimmed all the boring and glitchy fat that other games had.

>Abundant equipment - you WILL get a gun in this game if you survive the first 60 seconds
>No eating, drinking, diseases, stamina, etc
>No serverhopping
>No crafting and other fumbly autismo shit
>No ArmA engine autism with a gorillion sub-menus and switching between 15 stances
>Not completely riddled with bugs and crashes despite being in development for like 1/3 of the time of other titles
>matches last 15-30 min instead of being on open-ended servers
>>
>>376350929
It's literally the same battle Royal that you can play in Arma or h1z1, but h1z1 is gay, I like Arma br better, that said it's still fun.
Ark survival of the fittest is best BR because of autistic dino taming
>>
>>376352705
I have friends who are telling me to buy this. I dont want to give 30 americabucks to a dev in early access yet.

Is it worth it? Theres a large player base
>>
>>376350929
Pc cucks best games in years
>>
>>376352909
There's plenty of players and regular updates (seems to be around 1 GB of patches every 1-2 weeks), but it's still early access so there's no harm in waiting for a sale.
>>
>>376352909
Don't do it man. You don't need to wait until it's out of early access if you're impatient but at least give it a few more months to see if its really got legs. You'll be glad you did.
>>
Super fun with friends but alone it gets boring real quick
>>
Battle Royale experience in 30 minutes with matchmaking.

It doesn't waste your time like the other ones.
>>
Haven't played it, but I can safely say it has literally the worst name in videogame history.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.