[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, suppose there WAS a new Metroid game on the horizon; What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

File: varia suit.png (532KB, 494x838px) Image search: [Google]
varia suit.png
532KB, 494x838px
So, suppose there WAS a new Metroid game on the horizon; What would you want to see in it. What WOULDN'T you want to see in it?
>>
>>376350476
i would want to see samus in it, i wouldn't want to see mario in it
>>
>>376350476
I would like a survival game on a planet, and a lot of custimozable shit and reparations like on Fallout 4, the areas would be sort of open if you are in the surface, you will need to find food, repairi the armor and shit like that.
>>
I want metroids in it
I dont want dialogue in it
>>
>So, suppose there WAS a new Metroid game on the horizon

dude, what the hell? Why would you want Metroid to be anything like Horizon?! That game was terrible.
>>
>>376350476
Metroid 2 and Super Metroid were the absolute pinnacle of Metroid cover/manual art.
>>
File: m4_ending5.gif (52KB, 240x416px) Image search: [Google]
m4_ending5.gif
52KB, 240x416px
>>376350476
A Metroid game that looks and acts like a Metroid/Prime game. Not that hard to figure out. What I DON'T want back is the Zero Suit. It adds nothing and there's ultimately no point to it. Oh and change Samus' face to her Fusion look while we're at it.
>>
Nothing from Other M.
And I do mean nothing. If Other M did *thing* I don't want to see it in a new game.
Same with Fed Farce
>>
Made by white people because the slants clearly don't know what they're doing with it.
>>
>>376350476
There is one, rumor has it it's being developed by Climax Studios working alongside EPD7 with Sakamoto producing it. The game will be a sequel to Metroid Fusion for the 3DS and will be announced at E3 this year.
>>
>>376350476
Either 2D or Fed Force 2 to piss off the Prime babies even more.
>>
>>376352243
>I cannot read: The Post
>>
>>376352317
Could you not derail the thread into shitposting
thanks
>>
>>376352303
Climax as in the old studio that used to work closely with Sega?
>>
>>376350719
>like Fallout 4
you disgust me
>>
>>376352425
All I want to see is another 2D Metroid. If it's another Prime game, then I don't care.
>>
>>376352470
I believe so, they made a 2.5D Assassin's Creed game, so it would make sense for Nintendo took come to them to work on a 2.5D Metroid game.
>>
>>376352609
I agree with this
>>
>>376352697
They are hit or miss but they made my favorite game ever and also helped Sega withe some of the Shining Force games. So if it's true, then I'm optimistic.
>>
>Would
An actual METROID game

>Wouldn't
More first person garbage
>>
>>376352830
i know, I'm just going to keep my fingers cross that's it's happening and that if it is, it turns out to be good.
>>
>>376352884
This
>>
File: 1445389902869.png (55KB, 261x290px) Image search: [Google]
1445389902869.png
55KB, 261x290px
I just want a good game. Even if you made it another Pinball spinoff, at least put some love and effort into it. Don't make it more shovelware esport co-op nonsense meant for the Call of Duty crowd that need everything to have multiplayer.
>>
talking.
>>
Zero Suit dating sim
>>
>>376350957
>anti horizon fags trying to stir up shit in unrelated threads
holy fuck why did that game cause this?
>>
>What would you want to see in it.
Either classic 2D or first-person 3D Metroid. 3D preferred, but take most structural inspiration from Super or Prime 1, i.e. a nonlinear adventure on a single planet with interconnected, varied environments and lots of interesting scans (that goes for 2D as well)

>What WOULDN'T you want to see in it?
Gimmicks. No dual world, no multiple planets, no railroading storytelling segments. And for fucking sure, not a SINGLE LINE OF DIALOGUE, spoken or unspoken.
>>
I'd actually be totally fine with that black dude from Other M coming back for a cameo. He was the only entertaining part of Other M's narrative.

So long as he's the only returning element of that game, I mean.
>>
>>376353405
>"The last Metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace."

No but I get what you mean.
>>
>>376353575

That part of the game might've been "epic" as the kids would say, but was it really necessary? You could've put it in the manual and nothing would've been lost. Truthfully, it's a bit of a pain having to watch a 5 minute unskippable cutscene every time you want to replay Super.
>>
>>376353860
I love it. I don't replay it that often I guess.
I remember it blew my mind hearing that when I was a kid, though.

But it's not supposed to be Samus, right?
>>
>>376354032

I should think not, considering it sounds more like a flamboyant YMCA member.
>>
>>376350476
Retro Studios ARE making a new Metroid. They just hired the guy behind Deus Ex and Unreal games soundtracks.
>>
File: 1490913987110.jpg (77KB, 540x860px) Image search: [Google]
1490913987110.jpg
77KB, 540x860px
Above all else I do not want the twist to be that the feds are actually evil. The only connection I want to see with them at all are corpses.
It was a fine twist in Fusion, but it doesn't need to be done again.
They were also tastefully done in Prime 3, but they need to throttle back on them.

Fucking Other M.
>>
>>376354353
But Retro always used Metroid's own composer for a Metroid Prime game, so that could mean anything, Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong 3D like game, Diddy Kong Racing, Luigi's Mansion 3, old IP, or a new IP, this may not even be for a Prime game.
>>
>>376354353
That doesn't necessarily mean Metroid, what if it's a new IP or another obscure/returning one? I hope it's Metroid though.
>>
>>376350476
I wouldn't want to see a Japanese developer on it
>>
>>376352172
Remove Other M from the timeline.

Have a better writer do the story of Adam's sacrifice. Serously, the way Fusion set up Adan and Samus's military past had me excited for Other M.

Then I played other m. Then sold it.
>>
File: 1489461017830.jpg (143KB, 744x969px) Image search: [Google]
1489461017830.jpg
143KB, 744x969px
I don't want Nintendo to make another Metroid game at this point since I don't own any Amiibos and I don't want to buy $80 worth of DLC.
>>
File: 1488704548285.png (106KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
1488704548285.png
106KB, 500x441px
>>376350476
2.5D for the 3DS
No gimmick
No dialogue
Plot explained by the intro cut-scene
New bad guy / deadly creature that changes the deal and necessitates some new powers/upgrades
Suit parts can be turned on or off

Game has a casual mode with hints, some of the map already revealed and the game holding your hand through a precise order of upgrades
Also has a normal/"hardcore" if we must spare the casuals's feelings where you just figure shit out and do whatever order you want
Of course that means the map is non-linear to an extent and allows sequence breaking to further break linearity

Once you beat the game, metroids take over the game map and going for a 100% run while dealing with SR388 metroids serves as some kind of post-game bonus, with a few new areas with no upgrades so you can still do a 100% run before finishing the game.
>>
File: 1492535568332.jpg (67KB, 282x376px) Image search: [Google]
1492535568332.jpg
67KB, 282x376px
>>376355089
>Have a better writer do the story of Adam's sacrifice.
I'm just going to say outright drop it. We don't need to actually know the story behind the sacrifice brought up in Fusion, in fact it might even work better if we didn't in the first place. Some things are better left to the imagination and it leaves a sense of mystery, which is one of the key atmospheric tones of the franchise.
>>
>>376355089
This is literally me except I bought the game back for 9 bucks just so I could sit anyone defending the game through the Theater Mode with me, or just do that for laughs with the help of booze
>>
>>376356006
This, though fleshing out Adam wouldn't, hurt, maybe have an spinoff about rookie Samus where it make sense for her to be under his command, except make him more than a cringey Gary Stu this time
>>
File: 1423707062008.jpg (36KB, 414x329px) Image search: [Google]
1423707062008.jpg
36KB, 414x329px
What I want to see:
Multiplayer like Hunters but expanded on, with more characters (eg Hunters cast, Corruption cast, federation troopers) and maps from locations from all the games in the series. An improved Hunters multiplayer with console graphics and controls would be so good.

What I don't want to see:
Nothing like Other M or god-awful chibi shit like Federation Force. Fuck Nintendo for THAT being the only Metroid in however many years, after they ignored the anniversary and fucked over AM2R. Why did they suddenly become incapable of making proper well-made Metroid games and turn the series into utter garbage after all those great games? God damn man.
>>
File: 1465955614359.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1465955614359.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>376355828
>for the 3DS
>>
>>376350476
Tomba-style map design
>>
Some new powerups would be nice.
Post fusion could be cool since she's part metroid now or whatever.
>>
>>376356647
Not him but is that a problem?
>>
>>376355089
How about giving us a Metroid Fusion sequel, not tell us Adam and Samus's life story for a third time, and just focus on the gamepaly, the task at hand, and characterize Samus the same way they did in Fusion without gameplay interruptions.
>>
>>376350476
I want a remade and bigger Fusion, but in the Prime first-person style.

No zero-suit apart from a death animation. The Fusion suit is fused to her body, she ain't taking that shit off willingly.
>>
>>376350476
lock on
>>
>>376359430
How about no story at all besides a few paragraphs of premise like the first three games?
>>
File: 18nwlfahsnhuhjpg.jpg (56KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
18nwlfahsnhuhjpg.jpg
56KB, 800x450px
>>376359812
You're never getting Metroid games like the first three games again. That team dissolved after Super. When the next 2D Metroid is made chances are it will be a combination of Fusion and Zero Mission and with rumors of one being made by Climax Studio, a third party who will most likely be working with EPD7 on this, I really don't see 2D Metroid ever returning to Metroid - Super gameplay.
>>
We're not getting another classic 2D Metroid, certainly not one that will ever measure up to Super, and I'm really not interested in another Prime.

At this point they might as well go full BotW and just make a big experimental open world in which Samus is the most mobile character in video game history. I want to run around a gigantic landscape in third person insanely fast with the speed booster, space jump over entire mountains, swing around crags and overhangs with a grapple beam that can attach to anything, and launch off slopes and inclines with the morph ball. Instead of a hundred shitty puzzle shrines give me like 12 or so fleshed out complexes above and below ground and let me do shit in any order I want. Have Samus start with all of her powerups or at least get all of them right at the start of the game like Link does, then give me some fancy mobility upgrades later on. I want to hunt some fucking bounties and call down my ship from anywhere on the planet and fly around in low orbit shooting down space pirates. Forget all the story shit from the last games, no Ridley, no Galactic Federation, no metroid cloning or X parasites or any of that nonsense, I don't need an excuse to play as the most badass bounty hunter in the fucking galaxy.
>>
>>376361096
>We're not getting another classic 2D Metroid, certainly not one that will ever measure up to Super, and I'm really not interested in another Prime.
I already came to that conclusion myself, I can see it being 2.5D and building off of what was done in Fusion and return to that more streamlined design from that game but also taking some things from Zero Mission.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.