[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game + expansions is on sale for $12. Should I get it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: homefront.jpg (198KB, 1020x1200px) Image search: [Google]
homefront.jpg
198KB, 1020x1200px
This game + expansions is on sale for $12. Should I get it?
>>
isn't even worth it for free.
>>
>>376347181
still $12 too much
>>
>>376347181
I bought it for 15$, it gives a good amount of content.

Feels similar in the themes of HL2, even the expansions feel like Episode 1 and Episode 2 in cretin ways.

The gameplay is "decent", gets the job done but nothing to write home about.

The biggest appeal is the city, the atmosphere, sound design and freedom the player has, i would say that if you like the formula of Far Cry but in a urban setting you would like this game, is a game made by love and it shows when the publishers wanted to fuck them over in the ass.
>>
>>376347819
The game survived not one, not two, but almost THREE companies involved Crytek just barely got out alive self destructing. I'm surprised it made it out the door at all.

It didn't help that, despite all the shit it went through, it still came out in a pre-beta state. Kudos to the developers for working to fix it all though, despite the general public ripping it apart.
>>
>night comes in the red zones
>bright neon lasers flashing through darkness
>terrified dudes darting among piles of rubble
>drones search for humans
>you're hiding in ruined buildings
>giant airship scan the ground and let out War of the World noises

This is a fucking Terminator game, when it's not busy being a mix of Stalker and Far Cry.

The expansions are basically their take on Metro, Crysis and the HL2 episodes.

It's a derivative game but in all the good ways, even platforming is fun because you gotta pay attention to the building paths and structures.
On PC it looks very good and runs well now.
>>
>>376348116
>Kudos to the developers for working to fix it all though, despite the general public ripping it apart.

I was surprised at that as well, when you finish the game they even give you a small letter telling you how fucked the whole thing was but they pushed forward because they wanted the damn thing to be good or at least decent.
>>
>>376347241

fpbp

If you want a single player fps game there are so much others choices...
>>
>>376347181
Nope this game is an absolute garbage piece of shit
>>
>>376347181
It's not even worth pirating.
>>
I love how people give a decent review explain why the game is good but others just plain out say "its shit" without stating facts
>>
I played it back when it was free for a weekend. Now it can be pirated, and even for free, I do not want to play it again. That should tell you everything
>>
>>376348764
You realize /v/ is no better than reddit gaming in the quality of it's userbase?
>>
I remember playing the beta for this game, looked and played like a OG xbox game that got hastily ported into a modern engine.

The recent gameplay I saw was a complete 180 in quality, hell it didn't even look like the same game.
>>
>>376347181
Insanely repetitive/10

modern warfare and farcry 3/4 rolled into one big heap of shit.
>>
>>376349121
>You realize /v/ is no better than reddit gaming in the quality of it's userbase

I realized that a long time ago, also realized that vidya discussion here is non-existent, you can look in the catalog and most of the posts are waifu shit or other stupid shit.

But a thread discussing a game has like between 10-40 responses and they usually die off pretty quickly.
>>
>>376349605
Not only that anon but this thread will probably be deleted specifically to make room for the waifu circle-jerk threads.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.