[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mass Effect Andromeda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

File: 1463025029680.webm (346KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1463025029680.webm
346KB, 960x540px
Now that the dust has settled:
How was it and how does it compare to past ME games?
>>
Shit.
Vetra is waifu, though.
>>
It wasn't awful. That would invoke an emotion and investment in the game.

It was boring, it was nothing. It was going to a bar and drinking water. There was no interesting characters, the story was as safe and generic as possible.

The gameplay was mediocre from start to finish.

Overall I give it Wallpaper paste / 10
>>
is it worth pirating if i didn't hate 2/3? i liked 1.
>>
It's the worst mass effect, and that's really saying something.
>>
>>376342728
Easily the worst game in the series, and one of BioWare's worst games in general.
The one highlight was the combat, but even that was let down by boring repetitive enemies.
>>
>>376343385
this is all I want to know. I miss the sci-fi environments.
>>
>>376342728
It's garbage. I couldn't finish it
>>
Any interesting species? Or are they all just humanoids with weird faces?
>>
>>376343520
>BioWare's
The team that made Andromeda wasn't actually the Bioware that we know, was it?

I've been hearing it's basically another branch of EA that was renamed Bioware Montreal or some such.
>>
>>376343928
Literally Bioware's D-Team.
>>
>>376343327
This; there's a reason the threads didn't even last a month.
Not even the hideous animations and pants on head retarded story could make it interesting, outside a few choice picks.
>>
literally has background characters talking about what pronouns to use for asari
>>
>>376344464
That does seem like something an alien race would be curious about
>>
>>376344608
Liara goes to great lengths to explain in ME1 that Asari don't care about gender at all. They don't even think about it because they are mono-gendered.

The only reason it was written in Andromeda was because the developer wanted to make a political statement. That's all.
>>
Guys, you seen composer for me:a? This faggots can't hire jack wall? But even valve paid him to make music for dota 2
>>
>>376344813
>>376344464
so what pronouns do they use?
>>
>>376343985
Development team?
Wait, so it actually IS the same bunch of people?
>>
>>376342728

I was okay. Not as terrible as the reviews it got but story wise it was far weaker than ME1 and ME2. The Archon was boring and you never get any sort of real background info on him to even begin caring. With Saren you can kind of see where he's coming from.

While ME2's villain was just as boring as Andromeda his constant "ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL" "THIS HURTS YOU, SHEPARD" was funny as hell at least to me so it had that endearing quality.
>>
>>376342728
Shit.
>>
>>376345049
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIQu1yROUo4
>>
>>376345225
D as in not their A-Team.
>>
This game reminds me of how people say that the opposite of love is indifference.
>>
>>376342728
Better than the shitshow of 3.
>>
>>376342728

Good worlds with some decent little side quests and some character building but as a cohesive game taken all together it really didn't flow very well. It had a shitload of content though.
>>
>>376345373
Alright, that makes more sense.
>>
Disappointing.
>>
>>376345225
A Team is working on a new IP
B Team is, I dunno, Inquisition?
C Team is TOR
D Team is Andromeda, made up of new hires and ME3's multiplayer team
>>
>>376343601
>>376343385
No. I pirated it, got the 1.05 patch, played 6-7 hours and all I could think at the end was why am I not playing ME2 or 3.
>>
>>376345459
sounds like the reason I quit DA:I

Lots of inconsequential side quests and not much story,
>>
It was a great game that should have been amazing. After 3 ME and 3 DA games Bioware should have this shit down by now.

But yea, it was still quite good despite the flaws (Just like ME1)
>>
>>376345572
Funny enough, TOR has better cinematic and animation quality than andromeda.
>>
>>376345606

Never played DA:I but that's essentially what it is. Shitloads of side material and a main quest that feels like it's over before it began.

I stuck with it because I like space and exploring planets and getting their viability up while doing quests but I can see how a lot of people would drop it not 10 hours in.
>>
>>376345606
The side stuff's somehow even worse than DA:I
>>
>>376345817
Sounds about right.

Scratched my itch of exploring planets though.
They can either keep going forward or go back to 2's shitty corridor shooter again, I'm fine with either option.
>>
>>376345371
Why is he talking to a plant?
>>
I played the trilogy through again after beating andromeda just to get that bad taste out of my mouth.
>>
>>376346215
>I sucked 3 dicks to get the taste of this dick out my mouth
>>
>>376346057
why does the asari take two steps forward then get slid into the desk?
>>
>>376345698
oh man I dunno about that, andromeda's seems more fundamentally "broken" in a sense but everything about TOR animation is cringy as fuck
>>
>>376346654
Have you played the new expansions? They are better than what they did before by miles.

You have quests during which the character and NPCs are moving while talking, camera zooms, pans, etc.

Yeah, it's nothing special, but compared to the absolutely fucking static camera in Andromeda it's straight up kino.
>>
>>376345956

Same here. It went all out on it so I'm satisfied at this point. If they make another ME I don't care either way.
>>
>>376345606
i'm not even sure what i'm doing in dai anymore. i'm like 70hrs in and haven't met sera yet, which i guess is good. i enjoy the combat and play it when i'm drinking.
>>
The gameplay is more action oriented which is a bonus is my books. I never played ME for the gunplay/strategy anyways.

The story/characters/roleplaying which are the elements that define ME games for me are complete putricid manure.

My verdict: meh game, shit ME game.
>>
>>376346779
no I wouldn't touch TOR with a 10 foot pole

KOTOR 2 was one of my favorite games of all time
>>
>>376342728
better 3, which is a step up(?) i guess.

that said it was boring as fuck with nothing that could make you play it again.
>>
>>376343385
wait it's sequals, as of now the game can't hold out on it's own.
>>
>>376342728
Can someone shop a dick where that gun is?
>>
>>376343385
>>376343601
worth pirating imo.
>>
File: Untitled.png (7KB, 981x105px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
7KB, 981x105px
>>376347336
>48gb

whelp
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.