[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magicka

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: bleigh.jpg (371KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bleigh.jpg
371KB, 1600x1200px
>hear about this 7 years ago
>afraid to pick it up because reviews were meh
>finally pick it up out of boredom
>it was everything I ever wanted
Dicks.

Now I face the same dilemma with Magicka 2
Is the sequel worth the time and money?
>>
>>376333564
The sequel is way worse.
>>
>>376333791
what was the problem?
>>
>>376334086
Magicka 2's casting system just seems really plain compared to the original, from what I gather they wanted to balance out the casting system by removing overpowered spells to make it more focused around identifying the weaknesses of particular enemies though now the combat feels incredibly slow paced and boring.
>>
>>376334086
No shield and area powers I think.

I think what made magicka such a great game was the humour and gameplay. It was really cool up until they decided to add bunch of over priced DLCs.
>>
File: Banana3.jpg (45KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Banana3.jpg
45KB, 1200x900px
>>376333564
You somewhat too late, because at start Magicka 2 was really wonderful due to the servers being full and the community trying to figure out together how to find all the secrets and get through the game. It feels much more polished then the first one, however it lacks creativity in my opinion. It at least worth checking out, because the game is pretty short but to fully beat it it is required to get through the game 3 times on 3 different difficulties. It received a lot of critique regarding to the mechanics at start, but then after a while the game was patched and brought back the elements that were cut out (steam and ice) and made some minor improvements to the gameplay. To sum up: imo it is as good as the first one but has it's own issues generally about the story and creative side.
>>
Magicka 2 is garbage compared to the first one, you're better off playing Helldivers. I don't understand what's up with sequels ruining a good formula like this game and Trine 3
>>
>>376335779
>I don't understand what's up with sequels ruining a good formula like this game and Trine 3
WIDER
AUDIENCE
>>
so if Magicka 2 is garbage, and I'm done with all the 1-hour-long DLCs, where can I get more magicka?
Like, fuck, man.
>>
>>376336368
That's sort of my problem with this game.
It's fun and all, but if you can't play it with friends then all you have is the main campaign and that other one, which you can only really play so many times.
>>
>>376336368
Apparently there's a small pvp scene for the game, dunno if its still active though
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.