[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After Microsoft leaves the market, will anyone else ever make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

After Microsoft leaves the market, will anyone else ever make video game hardware again or are we just stuck with these two assholes forever?
>>
>>376328357
Micro...who?
>>
>>376328357
I'm still hoping for NEC or Sega to make their comeback. But I doubt they will.
>>
>>376328357
Amazon
Google
Samsung
>>
>>376328357
sony is in huge debt and will collapse in a few years, leaving the industry with the nintendo only future it truly deserves
>>
File: fire tv.jpg (37KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
fire tv.jpg
37KB, 1000x1000px
>>376329498
Any of them would just make a glorified Ouya

In fact, Amazon already does. When's the last time you heard somebody go, "Should I get a PS4, a Switch or a Fire TV?"
>>
Is in Sony best interest that Microsoft remains in the game
>>
>>376329726
Rather get that than a Shitch
>>
>>376329665
no
last time I checked sonys net worth was over 2x that of nintendo
>>
>>376328357
Apple?
Google?
Amazon?
>>
File: 1493135624464.gif (379KB, 964x957px) Image search: [Google]
1493135624464.gif
379KB, 964x957px
So long as Sony keeps making handhelds I'll keep playing games but otherwise it may be time to shut down the hobby
>>
Samsung. Korea has a self sustaining vidya market.
>>
>>376329665
Most of Sonys profits come from its banking division, not anything else. And we're talking billions of dollars from it. Sony isn't going anywhere.
>>
>>376329878
The whole company is not the PlayStation division.
>>
>>376329963
>sony
>handhelds
If they stop, you can replicate the feeling by shoving a knife blade into your asshole. I am sure it is about the same sensation as being a PSP/Vita only player.
>>
>>376329498
>>376329726

Wouldn't be interested. Some companies would rather wait for MS to spin Xbox into it's own company and then invest from there. The original spin-off/sell-off rumors were because Matrick wanted to do it and had interest from Amazon.

Would also mean that Sony would be fucked beyond belief because an alliance of MS, Amazon and Tencent would be terrifying.

>>376329831

Also this. Better to have competing brands that do well but don't threaten your market share than to allow others who may become more powerful in. It would be 5th gen all over again except Sony would be more likely to lose out.
>>
File: 1.png (923KB, 1624x1356px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
923KB, 1624x1356px
>>376329665
>>376329878
Every division of Sony is in the shitter EXCEPT for gaming, which means even if the company collapses the gaming division will be spun off and continue.

You're right that right now their gaming profits are subsidizing their fuckawful movies.
>>
>>376330239
I'm actually referring to sony in general
>>
File: 1493166069290.jpg (87KB, 340x519px) Image search: [Google]
1493166069290.jpg
87KB, 340x519px
>There are retards in this thread who believe Sony has their best interests in mind.

>>376329498
>Android peddlers.
No thanks.
>>
>>376329726
I actually own two FireTV Sticks over owning either a PS4 or a Switch.

Primarily to pirate TV shows/movies via Kodi.
>>
>>376331571
>pirating movies
what a waste of space
just watch a stream
>>
File: 20081124131.jpg (69KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
20081124131.jpg
69KB, 1200x800px
>>376328357
>After Sony leaves the market, will anyone else ever make video game hardware again or are we just stuck with these two assholes forever?
ftfy
>>
>>376331260
>$144 riding on Ghostbusters
Holy shit
>>
>>376328357
why are there so many delusional queers on this board holy fucking shit.
>>
nintendo will not release a console after how poorly the switch performed
>>
>>376331845
That's exactly how it works. It's pirated streams. The convenience is in using a device dedicated to the television.
>>
>>376331485
whatever you say, shill
companies are not my friend especially not nintendo or microsoft
>>
>>376329963
gaming
is not
a hobby
>>
>>376331991
Because /v/ is mentally retarded.
>>
>>376331971
>144 million
Nice joke anon, but movie advertising budgets don't legally have to be disclosed and are usually around half of production budget but in ghostbusters' case it was more like $100 million.
>>
Why there are so many anti-nintendo threads recently?

Personafags butthurt because after finishing P5 they can't play the good Nintendo exclusive games?
>>
>>376331260
They just can't catch a break
>>
>>376328357
Microsoft any leaving any time soon.
They would probably survive on spite
>>
>>376331260
why is their movie division still a thing? so many of those lost so much fucking money
>>
>>376331090
>Better to have competing brands that do well but don't threaten your market share than to allow others who may become more powerful in
actually I said that cause the existence of M is what allows 3rd party to ignore Nintendo without granting Sony a monopoly
>>
>>376332383
>/v/tendos victim complex strikes again
read the topic again, toddler
>>
>>376332169
Why not
>>
File: 1492925285376.png (123KB, 302x171px) Image search: [Google]
1492925285376.png
123KB, 302x171px
>SonyBrony calling others shills.
>>
>>376332928
>t. nintendo internet defense force
>>
>>376330239
exactly. Sony has a lot of divisions, subsidiaries, and ownerships across a wide variety of the entertainment industry as a whole. Music labels, electronics running the gambit from phones to computers to music players and televisions and video players and cameras, far above and beyond just Playstation, as well as their film studios.

The whole corporation earns a lot more and is worth a lot more than Nintendo just selling a dozen games a year and a couple video game consoles and some merchandise.

Nintendo are comparatively small company to either Sony or Microsoft. If anyone is leaving the console business, it's Nintendo - and it's arguable whether their inability to keep up with the tech of modern Microsoft and Sony consoles is a direct result of being pushed out.

Otherwise, Nintendo makes huge profits off their shit cause they spend a lot on marketing and feels to make it seem like they still produce quality content in their legacy franchises established back when they actually did produce quality games; or hiking up the price on last gen tech that Microsoft and Sony graciously offered for the consumer at seemingly virtual discount thanks to not making egregious profits off the hardware units.

It takes absolute mental retardation to see modern Nintendo as anything but an anti-consumerist shilling shitshow.
>>
>>376333192
>If anyone is leaving the console business, it's Nintendo
This delusion
>>
>>376333192
Nintendo abandoned high end hardware with the Wii and it worked so they're never going to try again

The NES, SNES, N64 and GameCube all had quite imposing hardware for their release dates which means it's only 10 years ago they went, "Eh, fuck it"
>>
3 consoles isn't necessary. We have 2 consoles, 2 handhelds, pc and smartphone for games. I think that's enough systems to go around.
>>
I think Microsoft leaving will put an insane strain on Playstation hardware.

Typically when people get fed up with one of the two brands, they switch to the other and play the same sort of games. Microsoft leaving would lead to Playstation devs expecting to sell MORE on Playstation hardware in an era where titles on Playstation are selling less and less.
>>
sega leaving was a mistake
>>
I can't imagine why Microsoft would cut bait after one flop

They've released a grand total of three consoles, one modest success, one massive success and one flop which means they've already got a better track record than Sega ever did.
>>
>>376334214
fucking lol microsoft lost billions on the original xbox and 360
>>
>>376334214
The Xbone isn't even a flop, its selling better than the 360 did.
Its just that the PS4 is selling really well.
>>
>>376334209
they screwed up
all these stupid gimmicks like 32x or mega cd were a huge waste of money and on top of that they were completely ignoring the european market(unlike sony)
I don't know a single person who owned a saturn or a dreamcast but everyone had a genesis
>>
File: 6721d-sony_nintendo_sega.jpg (38KB, 619x508px) Image search: [Google]
6721d-sony_nintendo_sega.jpg
38KB, 619x508px
this is the big 3 we deserve
>>
>>376334942

I have a dreamcast.

Sonic Adventure was pretty good desu.
>>
>>376335025
I really, really miss Sega.
>>
>>376335198
evidently not enough, given Microsoft picked up where they left off from the Dreamcast.

I miss good Sega games cause those are things that aren't being reproduced. PSO2 fails over PSO, modern sonic fails over older sonic, and there hasn't been another Virtua Fighter game in 11 years with the updated version of VF5 coming out 5 years after the original.

Sega games are a thing to miss, but Sega hardware lives on through Xbox.
>>
>>376335163
I'm sure there's atleast one retro gaming collecter in europe who owns a skc-1000 by now too, but dreamcasts and saturns were non-existent back in the day

and thats because no one knew they existed nor did any bigger electronics store had them stocked only hardcore niche gaming stores had these here in mainland europe
>>
>>376335198
did you know that sega is still selling master system consoles in brazil today? they sold like 150k brand new consoles there last year
>>
>>376335886
sad you yops missed out on the Dreamcast. It really was a rad system, you would have definitely got em if they were marketed better.
>>
>>376335535
>evidently not enough, given Microsoft picked up where they left off from the Dreamcast.

no they didnt. Stop saying this. Yeah, they share history in their console designed and published some games that were going to be DC games but MS did not continue the same design philosophy or creative Sega had.
>>
File: jfk.jpg (89KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
jfk.jpg
89KB, 600x480px
>>376336289
>yes, they share history and console design
>but MS did not continue the same design

Xbox really was the Dreamcast 2 and I think only the most retarded of japs thought otherwise.
>>
>>376336538
it really wasnt and any connection to sega or dreamcast was purely lost with the 360
>>
>>376336538
>>yes, they share history and console design
>>but MS did not continue the same design

Nice job taking shit out of context faggot.

The actual lines are
> they share history in their console designed
>MS did not continue the same design philosophy

The part talking about console design is literally the physical design of the console. As they had gone to sega for consultation in making the xbox. The design philosophy is about games, IP's and general direction of the brand.
>>
>>376336676
given the 360 launched with Dead or Alive 4, where Dead or Alive 2 had previously pioneered on the Dreamcast - i think they did pretty good in continuing it even then, and since Sega proper were already well into the multiplat thing the 360 got all the new sega games just as well as other consoles, if not also some relative exclusives.

I think you're just being a little tarded and need to pull back and appreciate Microsoft for continuing the legacy that Sega couldn't.
>>
>>376332383
>exclusive
All 0 of them?
>>
>>376333192
>Nintendo makes huge profits off their shit cause they spend a lot on marketing
They're getting better, but they're still no where close to where they need to be. Note it was just five years ago they released a NEW SYSYTEM that not just ordinary consumers, but people for whom gaming is a hobby, thought was an accessory for their existing system. They then followed this up by coming out with an iteration of their handheld system with new features then calling it the "New 3ds" so no one realized it was more than a base 3ds.
>>
>>376337048

dead or alive 2 was a multiplat you fucking clown
>>
>>376337048
yea but in the before that sega was creating new ips for the ps2 such as the yakuza series which they still do while nintendo was keeping the sonic franchise alive

sony and nintendo obviously had a more important role in keeping sega "alive"
>>
>>376337340
I didn't say otherwise, and is against the point that it launched on Dreamcast first well before it came to the PS2 - and even then came back around again to the original Xbox.

>>376337515
It's not like many recent sega games have been amazing regardless of who is or isn't directly supporting their software.
>>
>>376337924
DoA2 came out on ps2 the same year. Hell it came out in japan 1 month after the game came to US dreamcast

what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>376332502
It's mostly due to Spider-Man and James Bond. Sony has never completely owned either franchise, as they only had total film rights to Spidey (and gave the TV rights back to Marvel/Disney), and distribution rights to Bond. They lost the latter after SPECTRE (MGM and EON are shopping around for other studios to pick up the Bond distribution rights, IIRC), so Sony's now trying to compensate by having their main Spidey movies set in Marvel/Disney's cinematic universe while simultaneously setting up a competing cinematic universe of Spidey spinoffs.
>>
>>376337924
yakuza 0 is fucking great and sonic forces looks really promising
what games are you referring to?
>>
>>376337924
Actually if Japs bought the Xbox, Sega would probably be better off today than they are.

Sega did some great stuff for the Xbox like the definitive version of Phantasy Star Online and Panzer Dragoon Orta along with new Outrun games and Jet Set Radio Future, with gems like Gunvalkyrie and the funded publishing of Otogi.

Really high quality stuff that sold poorly in japan because japs weren't getting xbox.

Really if I were Sega I'd cut ties with Japan outright and become a sole American company.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.