[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If it does come out in 2017, do any of these early weeb games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: GotY 2017.jpg (572KB, 2048x1000px) Image search: [Google]
GotY 2017.jpg
572KB, 2048x1000px
If it does come out in 2017, do any of these early weeb games really stand a chance of winning GotY?
>>
>>376328002
probably not
R* is the best game dev on the planet atm
>>
>>376328002
zelda because its zelda
>>
Red Dead Redemption 2 won't win overall GOTY, because no matter what it won't live up the expectations set by Redemption 1.

Zelda will win most GOTY's. Persona 5 will take a few, RE7 and Nier will snag 1 or 2.
>>
>>376330564
but RDR2 will almost definitely be a better game than all of those titles
>>
>>376328002
>will a western dev win western game "awards"?
I don't know man, it's a mystery
>>
>>376330689
That depends entirely on how much GTAO bullshit will find its way into RDR2.

I lost all faith in Rockstar the second they axed the GTAV expansion in favor of more shark card bullshit.
>>
Am I the only one who thinks RD1 was shit and didn't even finish it?

Yes?

I'll see myself out.
>>
>>376328002
Zelda stands a really good chance. It'll even release its story expansion around the time for GotY to make itself relevant again allowing it to avoid being forgotten by the recency bias.
>>
>>376328002
I knew the game awards were biased against jap games when Bloodborne lost best soundtrack.
>>
>>376331118

bye you pleb with no taste
>>
>>376331118
Yeah red dead revolver was pretty shit anon
>>
>>376331118
The story was great and the missions were ok but everything is between was meh.

In gta there's a bunch of different cars and you can drive around and have fun and listen to music. In rdr you just ride a horse around tapping x and it gets kind of boring.
>>
>>376331486
just go play saints row or just cause you pleb
>>
>>376331118
I liked it because there aren't that many games like it. I've watched a lot of westerns as a kid and I like the setting and the atmosphere.
That said it was extremely buggy, not game breaking but many times mission breaking bugs (maybe it got fixed eventually but I doubt it).
The performance and the graphics on the PS3 were shit compared to 360 and they never released it on PC because they're fucking R*
A lot of the secondary mechanics and quests were very rudimentary and lacking, then again if it was made now it'll be a Ubisoft style colectathon, so I hope RDR2 isn't padded with herb collecting too much.
Thinking about it, if the exact same game was made by Ubisoft a lot of people on /v/ would recognize it as being mediocre at best.

It isn't as much of a sandbox as GTA games are, because there simply isn't all that much in the world, I think that's another reason people coming from GTA were underwhelmed.
Still one of the funniest things I've done is stopping the train in the middle of a bridge and watching people get off the wagons and fall to their deaths.
I've been meaning to revisit it in preparation for RDR2 but I'm afraid I might not like it this time around.
>>
>>376332171
>A lot of the secondary mechanics and quests were very rudimentary and lacking
wait, what?
>>
Hopefully R* have a big presence in or around E3 time, considering Take2 have literally nothing else to show.

Prob gonna be RDR2 + GTA Online expansion of sorts.
>>
>>376332429
The strangers missions were great but there are like 5 random encounters and not much to do in the world compared to GTA games
>>
File: 2911935-aloy.jpg (105KB, 519x640px) Image search: [Google]
2911935-aloy.jpg
105KB, 519x640px
>Caring about this game when we have Red Head Redemption

Top pleb
>>
>>376328002

Zelda will remain the favorite until further notice.

It's only real competition is RDR2 and Mario.
>>
File: 9075832.jpg (20KB, 348x247px) Image search: [Google]
9075832.jpg
20KB, 348x247px
>IT WILL BE GOTAY!!!!!!
>Not a single gameplay video in sight
>>
>>376332704
>not much to do in the world compared to GTA games
there's plenty of stuff to do friend. Hunting is fucking goat, gambling is nice and you get rewarded with a nice costume for your character, also there are those times base clearing missions and other various challenges. what the fuck. Name one open world game with better side activities.
>>
>>376328002

Bethesda will throw an Elder Scrolls game on us at the end of the year. So no, they don't stand a chance.
>>
>>376333242
>R* shamelessly shilling their stuff like the rest
go away pleb
>>
>>376331000
>the second they axed the GTAV expansion in favor of more shark card bullshit.
that's also coincidentally when they fired their most talented executive to save money once they believed they found a formula for farming sheep and didn't need to develop games anymore
>>
>>376333367
>Bethesda will throw an Elder Scrolls game on us at the end of the year
nah, Beth has never announced a game at E3 for years end
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.