[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Mount & Blade a good game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Is Mount & Blade a good game, or is it just another overblown niche-filling but ultimately sub-par one.
I'm sorry, but when a game is this broken, I don't think it can count as good. Maybe back when it was released, games that barely work were standard or acceptable (though considering some recent AAA releases, that is the standard now for a lot of people) but there are so many good games out that don't buttf#ck you with enemies spawning behind you and headshotting your entire army with throwing axes that it just makes this look pathetic.
How can you overlook stuff like enemies blocking attacks with their body (what?) and terrible hitboxes in a game praised for its combat? I do appreciate how the combat is set out, and that you can choose how it controls, but I don't appreciate my settings constantly being reset to default half the time. I also don't appreciate getting sniped in the face by enemy archers and having a handful of guys slaughter my entire army from the auto-resolve. I've read that it is numbers based, but my own observations seem to challenge that fact.
And while ultimately this post is just a vent from my frustrations with the game, I do want to know; why is this a good game, or at least considered one? I just don't see it. I understand not every game can be Portal, especially those with greater scope, and especially not one so dated, but this has been worked on for years and they are creating a second game in the series, all while this game remains just a mess. Maybe it's the multiplayer that makes it so great, I wouldn't know because I'm not good enough at the combat in this game to even think of trying. But that seems kinda of lame if only half the game is good. So, really, is Mount & Blade a good game, despite all the frustrating flaws?
>>
>>376327348
O yazıyı kim okuyacak amına koyduğumun çoçuğu.
>>
>>376327348
git gud theres more to it than you think. Perhaps, if your getting fucked up all the time, you should change your strategy.
>>
>>376327348
it's diplomacy is overly simple if you ask me, and the combat ai can be pretty bad. having said that it's a good game for the price they ask.
ive burnt like 80 hours into it
>>
File: Bandit_zps31f48198.jpg (108KB, 874x673px) Image search: [Google]
Bandit_zps31f48198.jpg
108KB, 874x673px
>>376327348
Mount & Blade: Warband is a great game. There's a reason it still has a massive fucking modding community, fanbase and still sells to this day. The whole "FPS-RTS" genre is so unexplored, and M&B Warband nailed it.

There's something inherently rewarding about the RPG elements, and the feel when you successfully train the perfect army from scratch.

The part about "bullshit throwing axes one shot" just gives it a more realistic edge. Even the strongest champion would be able to lose to a "bs lucky fuckyou" crossbow bolt to the face. The game takes "git gud" to another level, and the depth of the game is great. I have more hours invested in warband than any other current game, and I keep coming back to it, trying out all mods, but I have yet to "beat it".

Maybe this is not the game for you. If you don't enjoy overcoming the challenge, charging over the plains with your frontier of knights or trapping an enemy in a vice while your archers blackens the battlefield with arrows, your huscarls holding the line, every red text message about a dead soldier itching in your skin while yellow unconcious messages feel like a small victory, maybe you shouldn't play the game.

I pity you for not overcoming the hurdle to really enjoy this title. There's a reason the tiny turkish studio garners the whole worlds attention right now for their sequel. Yes, the UI is clunky, yes, the game is covered with walls of text, yes, things like "remembering options" is not optimized like the big AAA titles.

It still overcomes these minor annoyances with ease, and is definitely among my top five titles.

We have waited for years to reap the fruits of our patience in Bannerlord, and right now It's almost harvesting season.
>>
>>376328997

this post sums it up.

M&B Warband is great, when the original M&B came out it was basically a revelation.

Mods make the game more complex and awesome, though.
Try Nova Aetas, or Last Days of the Third Age if you're into LOTR
>>
I don't know, I tried it but the combat was just so fucking shitty and stiff and boring I couldn't play for more than 3 hours.
>>
mount & blade are one the few games out there that have truly been made with passion and you can tell the developers weren't in it just to make money. It's buggy and looks absolutely horrendous, yes, but it has a huge following for a reason.

if bannerlord is as good as it seems and it's made with love like warband, it's gonna be the best game for years to come, mark my words
>>
>>376329275

>being this much of a casual

what are you doing here?
>>
File: 1490404631865.jpg (308KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1490404631865.jpg
308KB, 1200x675px
>>376327348
>How can you overlook stuff like enemies blocking attacks with their body (what?) and terrible hitboxes in a game praised for its combat?
>my settings constantly being reset to default half the time.
What the fuck are you talking about
>I also don't appreciate getting sniped in the face by enemy archers
Git gud
>>
>>376327348

If an enemy blocks your attack with his "body" as you call it, then you are actually not hitting with the blade but with the knob of the sword.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.