[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Path of Exile

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: Enlightened Support.png (1MB, 1057x687px) Image search: [Google]
Enlightened Support.png
1MB, 1057x687px
I've been grinding my the Belly of the Beast for 4 days now, approximately 5 hours a day, trying to level my Enlightened Support gem.
>pic related

Surprised @ how long this is taking. All this work and I've barely put a dent in it. At this rate, this could take months.

How long does it usually take for you guys to level it?
>>
Quality it to 20% and put it in a haiku weapon in your swap slot you fucking retard
>>
>>376323449
Swap slot?
>>
>>376323380
>>376323449
Also
>those flasks
What the fuck are you doing, get some utility shit you shouldn't need more than one life flask

>>376323505
You have two different weapon sets
Gems in weapons that are not currently active will still gain exp
>>
>>376323568
this is either a bait post or a retard cant tell which. hes playing a templar and has zombies running around.
>>
>>376323568
They have utility. Each one gives me elemental a type of elemental resist and one removes curses and makes me immune to curses.
>>
>>376323449
lol
>implying he can afford 20 Gemcutter's
>>
>>376323380
>not dried lake
made me reply/10
>>
>>376323767
>raise zombie can only be put in a weapon or shield.

Here's you're reply
>>
>the little of sliver of yellow on the exp bar.
>after 20 hours of grinding
Fuck. It takes THAT long to level up in this game?
I'm glad I never played this. That's a ridiculous grind.

Aptly named company.
>>
>>376323380
what are you doing, grinding in normal?
>>
>>376324759
yea. I was hoping to get that gem leveled before I moved on to the next level. I didn't realize it would take this long.
>>
>>376324873
that's not gonna happen bud, get to merc dried lake if u wanna level those quickly.
>>
>grinding before merc dried lake
unless you really need a level before an act boss don't worry about it
if you need not garbage gear check poe.trade for leveling uniques and shit
>>
>>376325065
>merc dried lake

Isn't that near the end of the game? I thought the only thing after that was maps.

What's the point in having an enlightened gem level that late? I want to use it during the game not at the game's conclusion.
>>
>>376323380
What's the difference between an ARPG and a Cookie Clicker? serious question
>>
>>376326883
can't die in a cookie clicker
>>
>>376326984
You're obviously playing it wrong
>>
>>376324549
He's grinding for something meant for post game content when he's not even a third of the way through the main game.
>>
File: 1459368100514.png (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1459368100514.png
10KB, 400x400px
>>376327179
I've never played one desu. Just a guess from what I've seen with friends.
>>
>>376327519
I was going to make an argument to convince you to try one, but then I remembered that I'm not so dishonest as to even try to justify them being "video games".
>>
>>376327236
>He's grinding for something meant for post game content

Where does it say that? I don't see anywhere on the wiki nor on the tool tip that says the Enlighten Support gem is solely intended for post game content.
>>
>>376326486
Mapping is the game, everything before it is a tutorial
>>
>>376328006
No it isn't. Mapping is post game. Everything before it is the game.
>>
>>376327840
You're trying too hard anon, shouldn't have mentioned the wiki.
>>
>>376328573
Why not? It's not like the existence of wikis is some huge secrete.

You still didn't answer my question. The reason is because you formed your own conclusion that that support gem is meant for post game content. But there isn't anything official from GGG which supports your conclusion.
>>
>>376328064
Alright I'm done falling for the bait. Have fun friendo
>>
>>376328992
I'm not baiting. You're just wrong.
>>
>>376323380
How the actual fuck. If youre not ssf you must be retarded.
If you're ssf and not spamming prophecies for Belly you must be retarded.
>>
>>376324549
He's grinding in a low-level area. He should have it at least halfway by now if he was doing level-appropriate content.
>>
>>376324549
>grind in a level 10 area
>holy shit i'm not level 100 yet shit game shit company

off yourself
>>
File: enlighten exp.png (17KB, 454x361px) Image search: [Google]
enlighten exp.png
17KB, 454x361px
>>376324549
It's a support gem that's not necessary for builds.

Enlighten, Empower, and Enhance are three gems that interact in powerful ways with Active skill gems, and require an absolute shitton of exp to level (Gems get 10% of the exp that you do, without penalties). By using GCPs to increase the quality of the gem, you can increase the exp it gains by 5% per quality (up to 100%), and by slotting it into a haku weapon (Support gems gain 3-6% quality), it can go as high as 130%

Enlighten lowers the mana multiplier of skills, but it's mostly used as a support gem for auras so they reserve less mana
Empower increases the gem level of linked gems, making it powerful for spellcasters, which gain the lion's share of their damage from gem level.
Enhance increases the quality of linked active gems, but since quality effects are generally not that good, it's only really used when linked to curses.

These gems are meant to be put into your second weapon set to gain exp as you do end game content, but they can be acquired early into the game.
>>
>>376330487
Ouh, so this is the support gem my completely retarded templar build needs.

By the time I have all the herald-auras equipped I reserve 90% of my mana
>>
>>376329839
He clearly isn't being properly informed about basic game mechanics by the developers of this game.

This should be explained to new players via some form of tutorial.
>>
>>376330892
You're way too early in the game to be worrying about this shit. I have to ask though, what sort of build are you running? Are the zombies just temporary meatshields you plan on abandoning?
>>
>>376330487
I had no idea the second weapon gems got exp as well. I always left the slots blank or put on something to sell later because of full inventory.
>>
>>376330892
>Ouh, so this is the support gem my completely retarded templar build needs.
Exactly. But the developers don't want you to use it until after you've beat the game. Because derp.
>>
>>376331179
>>376331256
I'm not OP, though.

My dude is built around getting elemental strike with elemental damage support gems, then stacking all three "heralds of elemental damage" auras and building elemental tank in the skilltree.
>>
>>376331476
>ele hit
Oh dear
>>
My favorite thing about PoE threads are all the acronyms everyone uses.

I'm new to the game and these threads are alien as fuck.
>>
those boots are shit, why craft on them and 20% quality.

that gem is for end game, 20% quality and forget about it.
>>
>>376331554
I know it's retarded, but I thought of it myself and it's fun. It's going to suck several fat dicks in endgame.
>>
I have hundreds of hours in poe and never bothered leveling empower or enlighten. I just buy level 4 empower a few weeks into the league if I really want one. Plus it's not even necessary these days could just roll with a corrupted lvl3 which is cheap as shit
>>
>>376331256
Yes, actually. There used to be another support gem that fulfilled a similar purpose called Reduced Mana, but reducing the reservation cost of auras for the low investment of 1 gem slot was deemed too powerful (Everybody was running it), and so it was changed. Now this effect is gated behind Enlighten, which is a random drop, and requires a bunch of exp to level.

Reduced Aura Reservation is also a node on the skill tree that can be grabbed, if you really need to lower the cost of auras/heralds.
>>
>>376332457
>Reduced Aura Reservation
Sorry, I meant to say "Reduced Mana Reservation". It applies to heralds, and blasphemy curses too.
>>
File: Hipster faggot.jpg (114KB, 885x1095px) Image search: [Google]
Hipster faggot.jpg
114KB, 885x1095px
>>376332457
>Everybody was running it
>that means it's bad, it was too mainstream
>>
>>376328992
you are such a twitch "gamer" it hurts
>>
File: PotofGreed-YGLD-EN-C-1E.png (334KB, 308x450px) Image search: [Google]
PotofGreed-YGLD-EN-C-1E.png
334KB, 308x450px
>>376332762
Yeah
>>
>>376328862
Do the devs need to explain everything for you or could you maybe infer it from the item itself?
>>
>>376333643
(You)
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.