[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people like to pretend this franchise is good or even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3716.jpg (51KB, 600x510px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3716.jpg
51KB, 600x510px
>First game is a spit in the face of anyone who plays it, forcing you to repeat content 3 or even 4 times.
>Secondone dislogue goes to complete shit and doesn't improve any gameplay issues.

Literally the C team of Square shits out the most ugly and generic JRPG game ever made.

And retards like to pretend it's a good franchise.

Why?
>>
>>376321278
>Literally the C team of Square shits out the most ugly and generic JRPG game ever made.
Try I am Setsuna, Bravely looks like a AAA title compared to it.
>>
Bravely default is a great game that is for sure one of the best jrpgs ever made.
Second one is shit though.
>>
>>376321358
Setsuna doesn't last 60 hours though.

Bravely is objectively worse, setsuna doesn't force you to complete the game 4 times to beat it.
>>
>>376321537
Neither does Second.
>>
>>376321427
You seem to enjoy eating shit.

What makes you like the taste of shit so much?
>>
>>376321602
But second has even worse story and dialogues than 1.

Besides who cares about second if default is so shit, the franchise doesn't deserve a second chance.
>>
Because as mediocre as it is, it's still better than any FF game since X.
>>
>>376321934
Lol nope
>>
File: 1437020015509.jpg (42KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1437020015509.jpg
42KB, 625x626px
>>376321278
>second doesn't improve any gameplay issues.

t. I never played the game
>>
>>376322008
Lol yup
>>
>>376321278
That piece of shit wasn't even made by Square, it was made by Silicon Studio.

>>376321358
That was made by Tokyo RPG factory which was a completely new studio just set up. Silicon Studio is a well established studio who have money to put behind stuff.
>>
>>376321278
Because it has god tier OST

Because it has the best fighting and class system of any JRPG released in the past 10 years.

Because it looks gorgeous.

And because mrgrgr and ringabel are awesome characters.
>>
I bought the first game when it came out, but didn't get very far.
How long will it take me to play through it?
>>
>>376322315
Lol
>>
>>376321278

Hating on one of the very few tolerable modern day JRPGs.
>>
>>376321278
Because I liked them, except for that part in Bravely Default, you know the one, thus I think they were good and were definitely worth playing for me. Now what?
>>
>>376322486
I beat it in 35-40 hours, second took me 30-35 hours.

I didnt redo all the boss fights on the first game tho. It would be closer to 50hours if I did.
>>
>>376322315

>Because it has the best fighting and class system of any JRPG released in the past 10 years.

I was genuinely more excited when Tokyo Mirage Sessions started opening up with all of its mechanics than during Bravely Default, which feels Dragon Quest levels of generic, just without the charm of Dragon Quest.
>>
File: 1387055943272.gif (707KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1387055943272.gif
707KB, 800x600px
It was a nice back-to-basics JRPG, a classic Final Fantasy game in everything but name.
I didn't like the repetition either.
>>
File: a9qQpk.jpg (103KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
a9qQpk.jpg
103KB, 384x313px
I liked Bravely Default and Second and can't wait for the third. Maybe it's because I pirated the games so I didn't lose out on any moey but I don't see a problem with the games. It tries to be kinda goofy and flanderizes it's characters but it's not suppose to be some deep pretentious edgyshit like SMT or Persona.
>>
>>376322871
Thats because you have shit taste.

Also, I doubt you played BD if you think the class system is generic since its as unique as it gets.
>>
File: IMG_3694.png (25KB, 669x514px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3694.png
25KB, 669x514px
>>376323167
>It's supposed to be boring and shit brah.
>>
>>376323272

Exquisite counter argument, retard. I have a feeling the image you used represents your real self quite accurately.
>>
>>376323272
Not an arguement :^)
>>
File: IMG_3672.png (7KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3672.png
7KB, 420x420px
>>376323434
You literally said the game is supposed to be shit.

Why do you get so buttyhurty?
>>
>>376323546
>frog posters in charge of reading comprehension
>>
The game takes advantage of RPG/video game tropes. The repetition is not an accident, but a calculated experience to make you feel hopelessness, futility, and despair.

The game is self-aware of this, and the characters begin to break down as you continue, progressing the story even though the game seems to be stalled. And, the number of repetitions is ultimately optional, and can be blazed through in almost no time at all if you don't get lured by the optional sidestories.
>>
>>376323272
But SMT and Persona are boring and shit
>>
>>376324005
You expect a gamer to not be lured in by side stories?
>>
>a whole 2 loops are almost exact copies, after that you get great boss gauntlets

Wow, such a bad game...
>>
>>376324005
1 of the loops was entirely unnecessary, the first one I think. Other than that, didn't have a problem.
>>
>>376324342
It's a game designed by people who understand games.

Even the very beginning, having to make a meta-promise to see the game to its conclusion, was conceived with the understanding that many people would give up just by being hit with the kind of hurdle that seemingly endless reptitions feels like. If you took the promise seriously, you'd bite the bullet and keep going, and ultimately feel the reward and satisfaction once you got passed it.

If you didn't take the promise seriously, than you really weren't the kind of person intended to complete the game to begin with.
>>
>>376324997
I always laughed when people got butthurt about how breaking the crystal doesn't lead to the good ending. They couldn't accept that you were too weak to make a difference and the plot was literally you had to grind worlds to reach a high enough level to fight her. Even though the game told you countless other Agnes, Edea and Tiz's died when they realized the truth and attacked her.
>>
At least the backtracking wasnt as obnoxious as DQVII
>>
>>376325825
Now that's a game I wish I never played. I don't know why I kept playing it. Put 70 hours in, revived the almighty and wondered what the fuck I was doing and just quit
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.