[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Berserk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3542.jpg (44KB, 250x275px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3542.jpg
44KB, 250x275px
Did anyone here play this? Just found out this exists the other day.
>>
It's a Musou
That's literally all you need to know in terms of gameplay
>>
>>376319954
Got all achievements
Worth 20 bucks at most.
>>
>>376319954
it's a musou, it plays like every other musou ever made. imo it's absolute shit but if you like musou's you'll like it

Just don't get it because you like berserk if you don't like musous like I did, it's mindnumbing repetetiive trash like any other musou. But like I said if that's your style go for it
>>
>>376320150
>got all achievements
but why

I'll never understand why people actually care about getting achievements, especially in games they don't particularly like. Seems very autistic
>>
There were some threads when It released, seems like the consensus is that not only is it a musou but it's a bad musou.
>>
>>376319954
Its okay for a few hours. Pirate it. Drops off in quality after Golden Age, though.
>>
>>376319954
just passed the eclipse myself

game gets realy fun after you gets the dragonsword
>>
>>376320036
>>376320223

They should have at least gone the route of like DQH and gave it other elements to make it stand out from just another musou clone. Then again, even the Zelda musou wasn't all that unique was it? Maybe DQ franchise owners just have a way of making their spinoffs unique. DQB was expected to just me a minecraft clone but it was more a plot driven RPG than straight up minecraft.
>>
The Berserk Armor is surprisingly fun to use, but it's for thirsty Berserk fans only. You only have an army for about four missions, and managing a tug-of-war over bases while running all over the map, to me, is the best part of Musous, and this game doesn't have it at all. It really is just the button-mashing simulator that people accuse Dynasty Warriors games of being.
>>
>>376320307
>he had fun with a game
but why

I'll never understand why people actually care about having fun, especially in games they can't find enjoyment in. Seems very autistic
>>
>>376320307
Completionism, just feels good for some people and not so much for others.
>>
>>376320576
Hyrule Warriors got by on its ludicrous amount of content, which absolutely dwarfs Berserk's pitiful offering, and its fun mission design which had you and the enemy constantly turning the advantage back and forth on one another until you could finally make that last, satisfying push to victory.
>>
>>376319954
ITs just a standard muso. If you like berserk lots go ahead, but if not its kinda a safe pass. Cast is small, guts is the only one with any real depth. The frenzy thing was cool, it was nice to feel like you got stronger during every fight each time you build it up. Was fun but then again I had not played a muso game in a long time.
>>
>>376320590

I like it for the reasons you didn't. Running around micromanaging a battlefield and troops and shit is my least favorite part of the genre, and I was really glad it's almost non-existent in this game, save for a few missions. The rest of the gameplay, while a little dry at times, really scratched an itch that hasn't been taken care of in a long time.
>>
>>376321437
To each his own, I guess. I play these games for the moments when you just barely manage to stop two simultaneous enemy advancements for your HQ, when you defeat every enemy officer at the same time at a chokepoint, or are fighting the enemy general while your army is losing more and more ground and you just hope that they can hold that goddamn line for a little longer. Killing hundreds of dudes in itself never did anything for me.
>>
>>376320657
wat
>>
Its pretty fun, unlocking Femto sucks though
>>
The infinite transformation forms are really fun.
>>
>>376321787
Musou games are at their best gameplay wise when you have to take on multiple officers or even the main general.
Also, why does /v/ have such an intense hatred for the genre?
>>
>>376321887
I seriously can't believe that the New Band of the Hawk isn't playable at all outside of a few costumes for Griffith and Zodd. I figured that Griffith's land battles with the Kushans would be the most obvious non-Golden Age events to make into a Musou game.
>>
>>376322203
Most people hate the genre. It's as niche a fanbase as people who are really into the Hyperdimension Neptunia series. Even I can't stomach playing more than one every two years or so, and I gravitate toward the Empires versions anyway.
>>
File: john-constantine.png (516KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
john-constantine.png
516KB, 1024x682px
>>376319954
it ends with them getting on the boat.
I havnt cried at the end of a game like this in years.
>>
>>376322353
I guess it really depends on how people play these games. Going gung ho and trying to clear the game in one sitting will make you hate the genre.
Putting a few hours in here and there doesn't make things as bad.
It also helps to have multiple musou to cycle through which is easy as a pc player
>>
>>376322513
Maybe that's because there's nothing worthwhile after that to make a game
>>
if you a fan of musous like me, you might get just about enough of what you're itching for but not much more.

in terms of tecmo koei spin-offs, it's just about on par with the Arslan Senki one in terms of lack of actual content.

not worth full retail price (or the disgusting import fees i paid for the jap version a couple months early) but if you can grab it for cheap, go for it.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.