[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>56 million units sold What went right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

>56 million units sold

What went right?
>>
Everything
>>
>>376317929
GAMES
>>
FIFA
Call of Duty
Grand Theft Auto

There's 50 million sales alone. The PS4 is a fucking normie Chad box.
>>
>>376317929
games for normalfags
games for weebs
games for hipsters
games for kids
games for everybody

they like to target all audiences unlike microsoft and nintendo
>>
>>376317929
>4 years after release
>can count the number of games worth playing on one hand

Not even the PS3 was this bad and the PS3 spent the first 3 years of it's life as a laughing stock. Console gaming is shit, it's all interactive movies and weebshit now.
>>
>>376318126
Fifa and COD were on the Wii U and didn't do shit

Hmm...
>>
>>376318248
>weebshit
Opinion discarded.
>>
File: ljeoke.png (112KB, 215x253px) Image search: [Google]
ljeoke.png
112KB, 215x253px
it was $100 cheaper
>>
>>376317929
Normies got into gaming, so absolutely nothing went right.
>>
>>376317929
The 'live, love, learn' philosophy of sony never fails to win over people's hearts. The playstation 4 is simply another page in the legacy of sony domination continuation.
>>
>>376318536
You're about 15 years late
>>
Greatness Awaits.
>>
>>376318602
Yes but it didn't start to affect the industry until late 2007. Fuck what """"""""""gaming"""""""""" has become.
>>
they learned from their mistakes with the PS3 and improved on them in every way

unlike microsoft who flubbed their "all in one living room device" plan and nintendo who goes full retard every time
>>
It didn't advertise itself as a casual platform and had more functions that the ability to play games and unlike nintendo

>>376318423
it didn't have gta tho
>>
>>376318812
It had Lego GTA
>>
>>376318793
sonyegro spotted

they didn't improve anything from the ps3
>>
>>376317929
Everything.
>>
It helps that Microsoft completely shit the bed this generation. The Xbone is less powerful, more expensive, has no exclusives, has a dumb name, and completely ruined everyone's perception of them right out the gate with their always-on DRM shit and their attempt to continue forcing the Kinect.

MS is having a serious identity crisis right now. Especially with the uncertainty of the Scorpio and their push for Games For Windows 10. This E3 will make or break them.
>>
>>376319069
normies see it as kiddie shit
>>
>>376317929
It wasn't the Xbone. Literally, that's it's.

With the always online anti piracy and forced Kinect stuff Microsoft didn't just shoot herself in the foot, but actually fucking dropped the damned Tsar Bombe on it. Even normalfags disapproved of that POS.
>>
They righted what they did wrong last gen, which didn't give M$ an in, and Nintendo's console was a failure. Microsoft also handed them the market on the eve of the console announcements by undergoing a public relations disaster.

If Sony could get its shit together, though, it would always do well. The PlayStation brand carries greater notoriety and prestige than that of the Xbox or Nintendo, carrying over from the success of the PS1 and 2. It was easy for them to win back over the people they had lost to the Xbox the previous generation by providing a console at a cheaper price point with more games and better hardware.

Sony is the brand with prestige. It's the console people want to have, and it appeals across all markets unlike its competitors.

As the last gen proved, the only thing that can hurt Sony is Sony. As long as they don't make retarded decisions, they will always beat MS and Nintendo, no contest.
>>
>>376319101
>599 US dollars
>the Cell which made it hard to develop for and caused multiplats to be inferior
>emphasis as a blu-ray player
>literally NO GAMES for the better part of 5 years

The PS3 sucked ass compared to the 360 unless you were super into JRPGs
>>
File: 1493851641620.png (121KB, 963x486px) Image search: [Google]
1493851641620.png
121KB, 963x486px
>>376318423
Nintendo's a Nintendo system.

PlayStation is the defacto Chad home.
>>
>>376319604
normie games have always been the top sellers on playstation consoles. what's your point?
>>
>>376319604
who are those 70,000 madmen in japan that buy fifa
>>
I upgraded to a 4k television because the set i had been jerking my boiclitty over for about a year hit 50% off.

Why is the PS4 Pro still 400 fucking dollars.

I want to replay Uncharted 4 and a couple others but I want to take advantage of the new tech first.
>>
>>376319305
>The Xbone is less powerful, more expensive

It's not more expensive now, at least not where I am. It's the same or cheaper than the PS4. However, it was more expensive because they were bundling the fucking Kinect with it.

MS made some absolutely awful decisions at the beginning of the generation, which they have yet to recover from. They started with the always-online DRM bullshit, and had the head of the division say that people who don't want to always be connected online should stick with the legacy device, as if the Xbox brand is the only one in town. Then they released the console at a more expensive price point than the PS4 despite it having worse hardware and performing significantly worse in games, all because they were bundling a mandatory peripheral with the console that most people didn't care about and would never use and had already proven to be a failed imitation of the success the Wii had with the motion control gimmick.

They've made some better decisions recently, but they've lost the generation now so it's more about garnering good will for the future and retaining as many consumers as possible. Problem for them now is they seem caught between extending the viability of the Xbox console by bringing out a new model and promoting universal gaming across the PC and consoles, which all sounds well and good, but for a console to be viable, it needs games that people can't find on other platforms, so while MS releases everything on the PC and Xbox, it's undercutting both its platforms.
>>
File: 147330354462.jpg (477KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
147330354462.jpg
477KB, 1462x1462px
>>376318126
>The PS4 is a fucking normie Chad box.

and Nintendo Consoles is a nobody box
>>
>>376320027
I agree.
>>
>>376319484
360 was the early gen console. PS3 was the latter half gen console. The PS3 really shone once developers started working out how to take advantage of its power and it gained phenomenal exclusive titles that looked far better than anything on the 360 while MS could only conjure up Halo.

It's a testament to the popularity of the Sony brand that it still wound up drawing equal with the 360 on sales despite the 360 being out a year earlier and the PS3 taking so long to get off the ground.
>>
>>376319787
>Why is the PS4 Pro still 400 fucking dollars.

Because people will pay that now. When it looks like sales at that price point are slowing the price will drop.

Is this your first time buying something?
>>
>>376317929
They actually designed a controller that wasn't for the hands of toddlers
>>
>>376320493
The Xbone controller kicks the shit out of the DS4 though
>>
>>376319759
Japan loves football too but they buy Winning Eleven not western whittu piggu game
>>
>>376320624
It really does. I'm considering buying that adapter so I can play with an Xbox controller on the PS4. I fucking hate the dualshock design.
>>
>>376318170
Are you serious? Nintendo have a wider demographic than Sony does.
>>
>>376320749
All their consoles that aren't gimmicks sell like shit.
>>
>>376317929
I unironically don't know. I own one and am seriously struggling to find games on it that I want to play.

PS3 raised my expectations too much. I went into the PS4 expecting a JRPG machine and instead got a Bloodborne and Persona 5 system. Which is fine, I guess, but I wanted more.
>>
>>376320749
no way dude. ps4 has such a wider variety of games than wii u, you wouldn't even believe it. you may not like those games but they're there
>>
>>376320749
They only make games for kids.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.