[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm suppose to play this game 5 times in a row from start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg (65KB, 357x399px) Image search: [Google]
Nier_Automata_cover_art.jpg
65KB, 357x399px
So I'm suppose to play this game 5 times in a row from start to finish to see "the real ending"

You have to be joking
>>
No, you play it once, then play it a second time as a different character with a completely different style of gameplay, and then you play the second half of the game.
>>
>>376315939
None of the play thrus are the same. New story, mechanics and game play every time. It is also actually only 3 play thrus.

Educate yourself, friendo.
>>
>>376315939
There's nothing wrong with replaying a great game.
>>
>>376315939

Only the first two routes are similar, they even share sidequests so you don't have to do them twice. Second play through is with another character with another play style. Routes C and D are unique.
>>
>>376315939
Even if that were true OP, it'd still be worth every second. This game is a piece of art, you will be humbled as you descend into the madness of Yoko Taro.
>>
File: 1491107716037.jpg (16KB, 480x440px) Image search: [Google]
1491107716037.jpg
16KB, 480x440px
>>376315939
AB -> CD (you can load to that "decision point" after one of them) -> E
>>
>>376316041
>New story, mechanics and game play every time
still the same locations and enemies I assume? I don't know man, if I'm done with a game I wanna be done for good, I never bother with New Game+
>>
>>376315939
The first playthrough you get acquainted with the game and it has plenty of good content, since the world is new. Second playthrough can be completed in a few hours if you take it easy and the third one is a completely fresh experience. The "final" two endings can be completed in 30 minutes or less.
>>
First half of game
Repeat first half with new play style
Second half
Repeat just the final battle
Epilogue
>>
>>376316236
Enemies evolve with story progression.
>>
>>376315939
Just power through 9s's route, don't even touch sidequests. You can do em later.
>>
>>376316236
>still the same locations and enemies
There are some new enemies and llocations.
>>
>>376316236
the locations aleter over time too due to the effects of what happens throughout the story. If you're a stickler about it, at least you can fast-travel to certain points.

Rushing through may make you under-leveled, but the chip-system can balance that out if you have a bit to spend equipping/fusing them. Doesn't take long.
>>
You play it from two different angles, then you play the sequel where they add a 3rd angle.
>>
>>376315939
You play the first part of the game as 2B, then you go through it from 9S perspective, then you continue to the second part of the game switching between 2B, 9S and A2. Third and fourth ending come down to a choice at the end which you can redo with chapter select, and after you've got seen both you'll go on to the final ending.
>>
>>376315939
>So I'm suppose to play this game 5 times in a row from start to finish
No.
>>
>>376316236

Route B can be a bit of a slough but its absolutely worth it to get to the last 3, you miss so much without them.
>>
>>376315939
>let's just post something completely false for guaranteed replies
when will this meme die
>>
File: 1490482940499.png (54KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
1490482940499.png
54KB, 375x360px
I like how we're more comfortable just telling people how story-progression goes in Nier since it seems so foreign to people outside of Yoko Taro's wild ride.
>>
>>376316862

people came in expected standard bayonetta-tier simplicity, so I don't blame them for being confused and slightly pissed at this.

the ones who end up making it to third playthrough usually fall in love with the game though
>>
>>376315939
Shit, what? You have to PLAY the game to get to the end?

What kind of monstrosity is this?
>>
>>376316236
but you are not done anon you need to play act 1 twice before you get to act 2
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.