[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: talesweaver.png (554KB, 1100x500px) Image search: [Google]
talesweaver.png
554KB, 1100x500px
How's this game?
>>
>>376308256
Looks cute.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-EW80du_ik
>>
>>376308256
>Its a "Lets trick our fans into thinking they'll experience Ragnarok glory days again" episode
>>
>>376308256
>hyped when it's revealed
>waited for years, finally on steam
>wanted to give it a try
>the server is fucking shit
>heavy delay doing anything at all
>drop it

same goes for fucking Gunz 2
>>
>Mob AI is genuinely less threatening than a goomba
>You can't see a fucking thing on screen when you're in a group
>99% of all the abilities in the game are completely useless because they're dumb things like single target CC which has no use in a game where AoE grinding is literally the only path to gaining XP at a reasonable rate, and boss monsters can't be CC'd
>Despite seemingly being an action game, there's exceedingly little reason to move or do anything actiony other than spam your attack cooldowns as fast as humanly possible

It's a very badly designed game. I wish it were better. The art is very good, though.
>>
File: 1488277831484.jpg (89KB, 667x900px) Image search: [Google]
1488277831484.jpg
89KB, 667x900px
>>376308256
It's a huge fucking dissapointment with pay2win elements, server issues and hacking problems
>>
>>376308256
Almost as disappointing as Spore to me
>>
It's fine. It's also free, so it costs you nothing but your time to form your own opinion.

It also goes to show that no matter how hard a company tries to capture the 'good old days', it's really the community that has changed.

It has all the elements of oldschool RO (Open world, endless grinding, depth to the class system, depth to loot, rare drops/monsters, player run shops and upgrades) but the majority of people who played just fucking ripped on it, usually for the exact things that made it very RO-like. 'Boy leveling is too grindy!' or 'You can have a worthless build if you don't build properly!' well fuck you that's the fucking point.

Granted shit like low FPS is a legit problem, but I've never experienced it despite having a 4 year old videocard. And I've heard that the launch was pretty shit so that could have swayed some opinions.

But if I hear another faggot talk about how long it takes to level up I will fucking cut them.
>>
>>376308256
I am waiting for the revamp.
>>
>>376309813

You mean the mobile version right? When's that coming out?
>>
>>376308256
it was fun when you could freely hunt guild towers. our guild slowly died of boredom after they patched that out.
>>
>>376310000
No not the mobile version. I heard that's dead. They are revamping the steam version. It's a huge revamp.
>>
>>376310236

what do you mean dead? Also which server is the most populated at the moment? I've been wanting to get back to the game.
>>
>>376310428
>what do you mean dead?
I have no idea. A friend told me that and this revamp news.
>I've been wanting to get back to the game.
Me too just waiting for that revamp.
>>
Its fun
>>
>>376309748
>RO
>Start character
>Punch butterfly
>Get dunked

>ToS
>Start character
>Don't die for 500 years worth of gameplay
>>
>>376310428
Full combat system / stat system rework and revamp supposedly. They're still working on fixing the issues w/ the FPS and what not.

They have not completely given up yet so it's possible for them to turn things around however the game is flawed at it's core.
>>
>>376311742
>issues w/ the FPS and what not.
Do people really had this?
>>
>>376311742

Having the bosses tied to missions imo is one of the worst things they did. Encountering a boss randomly on the field was one of the more memorable experiences in RO.
>>
>>376311861
There are bosses in fields in TOS.
>>
>>376311742
That stuff is apparently next week on the 16th which is a lot sooner than people thought.

>>376311861
There are field bosses but the game needs more of them, apparently the devs are scared to add new boss cards because it might upset the balance too much.
>>
>>376311763
Yes. I've played it on two different PCs with different HW builds and have different issues with the FPS but issues such as slow down, drops ect., nonetheless. Speaking as a person who was in early access for this game it's going to take them a huge wave of work to impress/bring me back. I want to like the game - I really do. I took an Alchemist and an SR to 200 before I gave up about a year ago.
>>
Is Reiter and Musketeer viable for Lv 150+?

I miss Granado Espada and would love another shooter class.
>>
>>376312048
Did you try the fixes suggested in the forums? Never had any problems after launch when it comes to fps. I experienced horrible game-breaking bugs but not fps issues.
>>
>>376312217
Reiter is meta AoE dps for archer. Musket isn't meta but next week balance is getting messed up. Almost anything can be good with enough investment anyway.
>>
>>376312217
Last I played, Reiter still sucks, Musketeer was the meme but you need that A3 build.
>>
>>376311763
I have a pretty good PC (Sandy Vagina i7 @4.1Ghz and a 1080) and the game runs like utter dogshit. Even with their adjustments it still drops down to sub 15 FPS in towns which is just completely inexcusable. Never even fucking mind world bosses, though I guess that's a bit less of an issue now with the lockout than it used to be. GvG with people using skills regularly dropped down to below 5 fucking FPS as well.
Their engine is a complete clusterfuck of all kinds of terrible and needs to be rewritten from the ground up.
I quit quite a while ago at this point and haven't heard about this supposedly huge revamp before this thread, but I doubt that's anything that could possibly save the game. As long as they don't remake it from the ground up there is no hope.
>>
>>376311581
>RO
>start character
>punch passive immovable enemy
>enemy transforms while punching
>suddenly punch butterfly
>get obliterated

fixed
>>
>>376312217
I haven't played in quite a while, but SR used to be the defacto best Archer class when it comes to AoE - by a lot too. Retreat Shot was just too fucking powerful for having infinite AoE Ratio and SR3 only made it stronger. The faster movement speed from being mounted is huge when it comes to farming too, SRs are some of the best builds to solo grind or farm on
Musketeers were kinda whatever, they are mostly a single target class, but while they aren't terrible at it they aren't really that great either.
>>
File: ragnarok mobile.jpg (269KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
ragnarok mobile.jpg
269KB, 2048x1152px
ToS was shit but maybe ragnarok mobile will be the game that we need. It's not like ragnarok was a complex game that couldn't work on a phone.
>>
>>376312841
>Made by chinks
No thank you.
>>
>>376312887
it can't be worse than the koreans after they made two shitty ragnarok sequels and tos was even worse.
>>
>>376312841
Ragnarök Online requires precise input, which you will not have on a touchscreen.
>>
>>376312841

What is this? I thought there was already an RO mobile?
>>
>>376312841

I've played it, it's fucking shit.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.