[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Twin Peaks vs Deadly Premonition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: deadlyprem-york.jpg (42KB, 618x367px) Image search: [Google]
deadlyprem-york.jpg
42KB, 618x367px
Which one do you think was better?
Which one had better cast of characters, story, atmosphere and town?

I personally like Deadly Premonition more, because I hate Lynch.
>>
Twin Peaks because it doesn't crash and bug every fucking 10 seconds
>>
Twin Peaks season 1

Deadly Premonition is about as good as season 2, which is to praise neither of them
>>
>>376303846
Deadly premonition easily, it's actually a fully fledged story and stuff happens for a reason, there's a setup, there's a compelling murder mystery, there's a payoff, there's foreshadowing for the plot twists.

Twin peaks is something made up as it went along with no plan, that's why the wrap up was so painfully bad, it's good that it inspired so much people but I didn't like it at all.
>>
File: Dark_Seed_II_Coverart[1].png (228KB, 300x393px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Seed_II_Coverart[1].png
228KB, 300x393px
>>376303846
Darkseed
>>
>>376304369
I feel like I should bow, but I'm too embarrassed
>>
File: assburger.jpg (236KB, 1520x1138px) Image search: [Google]
assburger.jpg
236KB, 1520x1138px
Deadly Premonition doesn't have the best character.
>>
>>376304369
>based on the artwork by H. R. Giger
Cool, but how's the game similar to these two?
>>
>>376303846
I tried watching Twin Peaks but got bored. I hear the second season sucks anyway.

I got through Deadly Premonition even though it crashed at least 50 times and blue-screened my fucking PC at least 10 times, so I can't recommend it to anyone.

So uh, my posts worthless.
>>
File: 1732508-yorky_kong.png (262KB, 629x323px) Image search: [Google]
1732508-yorky_kong.png
262KB, 629x323px
>>376303846
SPECIAL AGENT FRANCIS YORK MORGAN... PLEASE CALL ME YORK. THATS WHAT EVERYONE CALLS ME
This game is the definition of Kino
>>
>>376304510
Just like your whole existence
>>
>>376304029
Just watch Let's play without talking idiots.
>>
>>376304321
>Twin peaks is something made up as it went along with no plan, that's why the wrap up was so painfully bad

Technically there was a plan. It was to never answer who killed Laura Palmer, that was just supposed to be the reason why Cooper, and by extension the audience, were introduced to the town. The network compelled Lynch to answer the mystery and the show kind of fell apart for there.
>>
>>376304029
>he played PC version
>>
>>376304567
Yeah, that's fair.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srkr6EV1404
How mad?
>>376304592
I've played PC version with fix. Werkz on my machine.
>>
>>376304592

About all you can say about the console version over the PC version is "Well, at least it doesn't crash all the time." It's looks horrendous, runs like shit and is buggy too.
>>
>>376304730
At least it doesn't crash all the time.
>>
>>376304696
>A fucking board game
Little late for an April fool's joke don't you think Zack?
>>
>>376304814

I'll take periodic crashes over extended periods of single digit framerate.
>>
>>376303846

Deadly Premonition doesn't have sherilyn fenn, sheryl lee nor lara flynn boyle.
I still loved both, DP is a shit game but a great experience.

TP has aged a bit but still holds up greatly because of the absurd comedy and strange surreal surounding the town and the characters.
Let's see what "25 years after" will mean.

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWODXMtNmKc
>>
>>376304992
How come every TV show does dream sequences so good?
This and Sopranos are my favourite.
>>
So, when is season 3 coming out?
>>
>>376304321
>Twin peaks is something made up as it went along with no plan,
thats a kind of trick. it was the fashion of storytelling in the early/mid 90s
shit like evangelion is basically the same too. like, something unknown/mental is out there, around you.
its the same as "meta"crap like 4th wall
>>
>tfw no game like DP but the worst you have to deal with is a little vandalism by the town kids
>rest of the time its going around town talking to people
>game gets regularly updated with random visitors, new stories, and other nonsense
>there actually is a mystery but you have to get really into peoples lives and such to piece it together.
>>
>>376305260
>there actually is a mystery but you have to get really into peoples lives and such to piece it together.
See, you think that's a good idea, but even Gone Home did that.
>>
>>376305301
Never played that myself.
>>
Twin Peaks suffers from 14 shitty episodes straight as soon as they reveal who killed Laura Palmer, then has one of the best finales to a tv show ever.

Still need to play Deadly Premonition, gotta hunt down a ps3 copy first.
>>
The real question is who is the better MC?

Cooper or York?
>>
File: CM Capture 1.png (472KB, 714x517px) Image search: [Google]
CM Capture 1.png
472KB, 714x517px
>>376305747
I know who has the best smile in the world.
>>
File: killerman.png (225KB, 318x305px) Image search: [Google]
killerman.png
225KB, 318x305px
Illbleed
>>
>>376304495
They all feature a strange, oddly behaved protagonist roaming a seemingly pleasant small town that occasionally bleeds over into a notably more fucked up, but still structured alternate dimension. Most of the action and gameplay boils down to dealing with the locals of both said dimensions. Also strange hackneyed love stories.

Deadly Premonition is obviously much more similar by virtue of being a homage/precarious knockoff, but Darkseed totally can be comparable.
>>
>>376305421
don't you have a PC?
>>
File: Twin-Peaks-Evil-Dale.jpg (25KB, 570x300px) Image search: [Google]
Twin-Peaks-Evil-Dale.jpg
25KB, 570x300px
>>376305901
You said it, buddy.
>>
>>376304369
I want to play through the live action adventure games this summer, like Darkseed, Harvester and 7th Guest. Are they particularly obtuse or hard or require guides?
>>
>>376306448
I haven't played Darkseed, can't comment.

Harvester is fucking amazing. It's a goddamn gem. It's also extremely straightforward. You can only really fuck up on the actual combat segments, like running out of ammo before the final boss, and maybe some of the "fuck you, now die" dialogue choices, but those are amazing in themselves so whatever.

7th Guest is also extremely straightforward, apart from one can/word puzzle that can just fuck off and one minigame that's optional that runs its AI cycles off your processor or some shit so it's literally impossible on modern hardware.

But yeah, when you get to the cans just look that one specific puzzle up because it can suck my fucking dick.
>>
>>376306595
Thanks for the info. Will play them once I'm done with university.
>>
Are there any similar games to these two?
Except Mizzurna Falls and D4, that is.
>>
>>376308076
>Mizzurna Falls
Oh man, forgot about it. How's the translation going?
>>
>>376308715
It's finished, but I think she's now fixing some things.
>>
>>376304321
>it's actually a fully fledged story and stuff happens for a reason, there's a setup, there's a compelling murder mystery, there's a payoff, there's foreshadowing for the plot twists
this is the best summary of Twin Peaks I've ever read
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.