[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why did movie cash in game die off?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: If Logan came out in the 80s.jpg (143KB, 1394x1586px) Image search: [Google]
If Logan came out in the 80s.jpg
143KB, 1394x1586px
So why did movie cash in game die off?
>>
Because modern western games got too expensive to make it worth it.
>>
It didn't, it moved to mobile.

Why sell a $60 game to 100,000 people when you can sell a free game with micro-transactions to 10,000,000 people?
>>
>>376301978
fpbp
>>
Game development got too expensive, and they were never that much of a cash cow to begin with. Also, I supose, the culture around games being simply product and merchandise changed as games started to take themselves more seriously.
>>
>>376301978
not really its most a license issue which would give the devs next to nothing in profit so no one bothers anymore
>>
>>376301914
A few reasons.

Main reason is the internet. People can find out how bad something is fast and know there is a long history of movie games being pretty bad. So they went to mobile a bit, but I do still remember them as recently as last gen.

Second reason is licensing hell. Star Wars is a cluster fuck of rights and studios now and it was the producer of good movie games.

X-men movies are made by Fox who owns the rights to the film releases, but Marvel still holds the rights to everything else and is still salty about it. Ever wonder why there aren't a bunch of X-men toys for the movies? Well yea that is why Marvel has those rights and not Fox. I'm sure that isn't helping with games either.
>>
>>376301914
Xmen Origins was pretty good, need to replay it some time.
>>
>>376302425
This has to be it. Angry Beaner made his career off blasting movie license games.
>>
>>376302590
thing about X-men Oranges is that they already had a game half built where you play as Tangerine, then the movie came around and they tied it in to the movie.

still a great game though.
>>
>>376301914
Because you can release a microtransactions-ridden turd in smartphones for a fraction of the budget and it will probably bring in much more money than a movie game in platforms where movie games are seen as badly as videogame movies.
>>
>>376301914
Because the casual audience moved on to mobile games, which are way cheaper and faster to shit out as promotion for the movie
>>
>>376302035
This.
Just make it some city builder clash of clans clone game and you're guaranteed to make mod dosh with literally zero work.
>>
>>376301914
because Disney monopoly and pushing Disney Infinity and lego partnerships instead of games.
now that Infinity is canned it might get back though.
>>
>>376304025
Except Disney were the ones who were still licensing shit even when Disney infinity was a thing
>>
>>376301978
games arent getting too expensive its just game publishers are demanding too much profit for one game, they probably don't need to sell 8 million copies for the game most games are only like 50 million- 100 anyway
>>
>>376302964

>Oranges
>Tangerine

Stick to lurking while on your phone
>>
>>376302964

Does it take place in Burma?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.