[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOTS 2.0, Good or bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: heroes-of-the-storm-2v2-730x380.png (432KB, 730x380px) Image search: [Google]
heroes-of-the-storm-2v2-730x380.png
432KB, 730x380px
HOTS 2.0

Know that we have had some time with it, what do you all think?

The loot system isn't as screw you over as I thought it was going to be, but at the same time this isn't a 2.0 worthy patch. Its a re-branding and hype machine honestly with little to no gameplay changes.

While the price point for heros was an issue and I am glad they have loosened their grip on that, the game still doesn't seem all that fun.

I understand why they went to the trouble of trying to design new maps, but maybe they need a classic DOTA style map like pretty much all other mobas have.
>>
>>376301489
was the loot system ever a problem?
at least it wasn't to me.
the main problem lies within the core of the game.
It have extremely shallow gameplay.
the levels don't even matter mostly.
they are only good for leading the other teams on level 10, when you have ulti and the enemy don't.
you can't have items, so there's lesser customization on heroes.
you get a faggoty skill trees instead, which don't matter at all because you will most likely go the same build every time.
you don't communicate with your team most of the time too, so it's like playing with AI as well.
all heroes are locked behind paywall as well, which make the game pretty limited at time.
>>
>>376301489
played a few games of it
everyone just rushes mid or low lane no strategy evolved
the team with the most damage/healing wins
it's so dumb that LoL is chess if you compare it to this game
>>
This game is boring as fuck.
Its casualisation of already casualised genre.

Without the lane and farm phase, you don't have exciting ganks, you don't need to be cautious, because you cant make mistakes that will punish your progress.

You are just running around and fight for 20 minutes woth everyone doing little to non damage, because no one cant stand out in this system.

Its beyond my mind how anyone can play this shit when Dota 2 and LoL exist.
>>
>>376301489
Personally enjoy it, but it's hard to see people doing "plays" like in other games, talking about somebody able to 1v5 an entire enemy team without looking like a boring team fight. Hence why I don't ever watch HotS streams, I find it boring to watch. Not that I watch moba streams though, but at least other mobas look more interesting and you can feel the "hype" in teamfights.
>>
It's not as deep, but it's much more fun than Dota or LoL. I have 2k hours of Dota under my belt, can easily say that Dota is far more complex, but Hots is actually fun, regardless of how awful your team is.

Anyone who says HotS is deep is either trolling or in denial.
>>
It's fine as a time waster but it's so casualised that there's no reason to take it even remotely seriously.

It just depends what you want out of a Moba
>>
>>376301489
It was fun until I played a game against a team with two healers and we couldn't do a fucking thing to them.
>>
>>376302437
How is it fun?
it is as exctining as playing LoL match made of team full of Garens and Renektons.
There is no dynamics, people praise how the game is full of teamfights, but in the other mobas when it is a teamfight, it is really fucking exciting, here people are walking into each other and chop hp for a little.
>>
I honestly only like it for the fact that games are more often over by the 15-20 minute mark. I'd play Dota again if there was an option to surrender somehow, because I fucking hate being stuck with retarded ass Russians for 40-50 minutes straight.
>>
>>376301489
2.0 is good for the game but it doesn't fix the core issue where the only thing that scales to player skill is damage output and kill potential, which means that low skill games just turn into perpetual 5v5 slugfests where by the time you have killed 5 people the first 3 have already respawned - until eventually death timers catch up and one team gets wiped, the other team goes core, and the team that died first respawns kills the enemy team at their core and then takes enemy core for the win.
>>
>>376301489
The bad is it's still part of a genre where your enjoyment of the game is dependent on four random strangers to not be fucking retarded or total assholes.
>>
2.0 is nothing but marketing because the game gets regular patches already. It's more casual and more fun than other mobas. Map objectives objectives serve several purposes so I wouldn't want to see them taken away. There's one ARAM brawl in the rotation and custom games, and that's enough. Hanamura is a shit map though.
>>
Its pretty fun, and theres lots of maps which is nice

But varian is fucking broken holy shit, I go fury at level 10 and I dont die again, and I can generally go 1v4, depending on team.

Maybe hes countered at higher brackets I dunno.
>>
It's fun.
>>
File: Nexus_fail.png (453KB, 822x614px) Image search: [Google]
Nexus_fail.png
453KB, 822x614px
These nexus effents, kind of hint that the game does have a playerbase issue.

BUT . . . at the same time show blizz is willing to address the problem. With 20 free characters is a step in the right direction and should stay for all new players, not just for one month.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.