[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

World of Warcraft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 73678.jpg (33KB, 300x261px) Image search: [Google]
73678.jpg
33KB, 300x261px
What WoW expansion is the best for a beginner to start playing on? Literally first time WoW player.

I'm very poor so recommend me some private servers please
>>
If you want a challenge, play vanilla on Elysium.
If you just want to explore the world and have fun, play WotLK on Warmane.
If you want a perfect middleground, tough shit because there are no big BC servers.
>>
>>376298871

Is WoW Cataclysm any good? I know of Atlantiss, which seems like a good server.
>>
>>376299015
Cataclysm marks the beginning of the end, plus private server coding for everything before it is in a way better state.
>>
>>376299631
Thanks. I guess I'll play on Warmane then. I tried playing on Elysium for some time, gave me that old mmo feeling, but I want to possibly get past lvl 60.
>>
>Poorfag
>Private server
Seems about right, why else would you play that shit
>>
>>376298871
>Still recommending Elysium
Hello russian goldselling shill
>>
>>376300173
It's free
>>
Yeah the game is super easy for new people. It's so simple to play because there are only 7 talents to choose from and there's no hybridization. Makes shit lame and easy. Still fun and not as bad as WoD and Pandaria imho but not as good as old wow.
>>
>>376300173
>he bought legion
I know how you feel anon, I did too.
But I won't pretend it's not shit, deluding yourself isn"t good for mentsl health
>>
>>376298871
>If you want a perfect middleground, tough shit because there are no big BC servers.
There is Hellfire but the community is retarded beyond comprehension
>>
>>376303514
Elaborate pls, was thinking of starting on a tbc server after finals and Hellfire seems to be the only one
>>
>>376303691
There are ~10 guilds across both factions that are doing raids but good luck getting into one. The rest have zero chances clearing anything past t4 because the majority of players have never played on tbc server. Doing 5man heroics with randoms from lfg is fucking cancer unless you want to explain people what they have to do before every fight. Oh and lfg is /r9k/ incarnate.
Pvp is good though because server population is fairly balanced.
>>
>>376304319
Trying to clear content with a ragtag group of noobs sounds fun though
>>
>>376298542
Warmane, one of the most reputable and accurate private server hosts is releasing a bc server on the 20th. I would give that a go for sure bc is fun but not as autistic as vanilla
>>
File: 1372138403277.jpg (94KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1372138403277.jpg
94KB, 640x480px
>>376304476
oh boy
>>
>Classic
>WotLK
>Burning Crusade
>Legion
>Warlords of Draenor
>Cataclysm
>Pandaria

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past."
>>
Alexensualcuck, please go
>>
Is there a good classic server out there?
>>
>>376298871
>Tfw no good tbc servers to play on
Fuck I wish the people running these things would stop being greedy egotistical whores and just put together one decently scripted server instead of about 5 half assed ones that are near unplayable
>>
Best fun wotlk private server is Gamer District

14x leveling and ez gold nets you 80 real quick. Idk if I'd recommend it for a beginner because you won't see much of the world, but it's fun and easy and you can play every class
>>
>>376299015
cataclysm is new wow. would not recommend.

to explain:
original wow was just azeroth (two continents: kalimdor and eastern kingdoms).
first expansion (burning crusade) added another overworld roughly the size of a continent: outland.
second expansion (wrath of the lich king) added a third continent to azeroth: northrend

then cataclysm - the third expansion - arrived. instead of adding another continent/overworld they remade the entire classic world. all zones in eastern kingdoms and kalimdor were heavily remade, to the point where some barely resemble the original zones anymore. the new zones are filled with streamlined linear questing and everything is severely undertuned. mobs die super fast and barely pose any threat to the player. leveling is absurdly quick, to the point where you start outleveling zones long before finishing their quest content.

also, cataclysm did some heavy reworks in terms of game mechanics and class design. cataclysm gameplay is a bit more fleshed out and interactive, but extremely streamlined and dumbed down at the same time.

all in all i'd recomment wrath of the lich king. it offers all the good old wow stuff but with pretty good polish. gameplay is smooth and not as clunky as it was during classic wow and tbc, but not dumbed down and braindead like in cataclysm.
the main weak point of wrath is endgame content, which was overall way too easy, and the quality was all over the place. but for a newcomer that doesn't matter a lot.
also, private wrath servers tend to work pretty well. high quality emulation, low amount of bugs. other expansions private servers tend to be a lot more buggy or outright broken. i personally recommend dalaran-wow, but there are many other decent wrath servers around, and they cater to different peoples preferences - some are pay2win, some have increased experience rates, some are blizzlike. pick whichever you like most.
>>
>>376303514
>>376303691
>>376304319
i played on hellfire from launch last year. was a really mixed experience - overall questing, dungeons and raids worked really well, but the server suffered from horrible lag, to the point where we often had to cancel entire karazhan runs because it was legit unplayable with >2000 time diff for everyone.
also the devs are retards. some nolife guild cleared karazhan within a week, which isnt really a big deal when you think about it - the devs then thought this meant the content was too easy and applied a bunch of arbitrary damage and health buffs to all T4 content. this resulted in retardation like maulgar straight up one-shotting the main tank, and people had to fucking rotate pain suppression and tank cooldowns to even be able to attempt the fight. shit was horrendous.
sever died a few months later, now they relaunched it again. dont know how they're doing now, supposedly T5 content is pretty well made but i dont know, my guild quit shortly before it released last year.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.