[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Breath of the wild

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (582KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
582KB, 1366x768px
Let's do a survey /v/
>Do you like breath of the wild?
>What is your favourite 3D Zelda game, and if it is BotW, what is your second favourite?
>Would you want Zelda to follow BotW's formula from now on?
>>
>>376296409
>>Do you like breath of the wild?
Yes.
>>What is your favourite 3D Zelda game, and if it is BotW, what is your second favourite?
Ocarina of Time
>>Would you want Zelda to follow BotW's formula from now on?
I'd be okay with that, but I'd prefer one with actual dungeons.
>>
>>376296409
Yep, I enjoyed it.
>What is your favourite 3D Zelda game, and if it is BotW, what is your second favourite?
Fuck, I don't know. BotW's the only 3D Zelda that really hit it for me. I guess I'll say Twilight Princess despite the shitty beginning, the dungeons were pretty great there.
Only if there are a greater variety of items and the dungeons are much larger.
>>
>>376296409

Yes, quite a bit.
Majora's Mask.
Yes, I enjoy it, it could just use some polish for as much detail was put in. I'm a huge fan of the original Legend of Zelda and being so close to its formula made me giddy - heart requirement for master sword, truly open world, wizzrobes being annoying.
>>
>>376296586
basically this, all I can add is that the shrine approach is kind of shit for replayability

or something, I really just think that less content might be a good idea for an interim game.
>>
>>376296409
I have a theory. If you think skyward sword is a great (note: better than good) game for some reason you probably won't like BotW
>>
File: 1483420737125.jpg (174KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1483420737125.jpg
174KB, 1200x675px
A fuckton, one of the best games I've played in a few years.
OoT
No preference. Really did enjoy fucking around for 150 hours in BotW but I'm a fan of linearity, and if you have a consistent line of progression you can make more engaging and challenging content imo. Also, items need to come back.
>>
>>376296768
Its not too bad actually. I recently replayed it and when you know what to expect and can't be disappointment anymore its a pretty great.

Anyway,
1 Yes
2 TWW
3 YES
>>
>>376296768
Huh, that's me. I find BotW extremely underwhelming, but I can admit it's still a good game. SS is literally my favourite Zelda
>>
>>376296409
>do you like breath of the wild?
Love it.
Twilight Princess
>Would you want Zelda to follow BotWs formula fm now on?
I want the same type of explorative joy to be in the next game, as well as the physics and all the interactive possibilities. But i don't want the same formula per se, I'd prefer a linear story thet features big dungeons. They can keep things like runes, I just want large dungeons in which you acquire them and use them. The divine beast didn't really do much for me, the first was cool due to the surprise factor, but the rest felt like more of the same. I also want original bosses.
>>
>>376296409
>Do you rike?
Yes
>favourite 3D
MM
>follow BotW?
No, there shouldn't be a formula, having a formula led to about a decade of OoT copycats that were worse than OoT. Surprise me like MM did when I finally got around to playing it
>>
>>376296409

Yes, bretty good.
Honestly don't know. I enjoyed OoT, WW and TP equally but none of them stood out for me as much as BoTW. I guess OoT for nostalgia value.

Yes, if the formula means not being restricted to where you can and can't go. Being able to just go wherever whenever without an NPC interrupting feels is great. But I do agree they need to have dungeons and more interior places in general. Something about those ancient magic temples feels great, leaves you with a feel of wonder. I especially like the more atmospheric ones like the Forest and Spirit temples from OoT. Sad to see that most of the ruins in the game are just broken cabins. And most of the caves were just really small with a shrine inside.

They also need to add more strong enemies. Darknuts would be good to have. An aerial miniboss like an Aeralfos, maybe?
>>
>>376296409
Yes
Wind Waker, though I don't want to rank BotW yet
Yes and no, although I like BotW a ton, I'm not sure how they can differentiate the next Zelda game from BotW without it just being BotW+.
>>
Female link when?
>>
>>376296409
Yes.
Favorite's Majora's Mask.
They should iterate and put a twist on BotW's basic structure for at least one game. I wouldn't even mind if they reused the existing engine and assets. Make the MM to BotW's OoT.
>>
>>376296409
Yes
MM, second favourite
Yes. Dungeons should be either the short spatial awareness puzzle of the Divine Beasts, or large and sprawling like Hyrule Castle. Long 2 hour interconnected puzzle rooms need not come back.
>>
>>376297918
Traps count?
>>
File: 1492409428902.jpg (55KB, 616x478px) Image search: [Google]
1492409428902.jpg
55KB, 616x478px
>>376298127
>Dungeons should be either the short spatial awareness puzzle of the Divine Beasts, or large and sprawling like Hyrule Castle. Long 2 hour interconnected puzzle rooms need not come back.
It's about time someone said it
>>
>>376296409
Yeah, it's great.
Majora's Mask
Sure! I think they should make it a little more robust for a follow up though. This one was great, but I don't want them to shit out the same thing with a new map. If they have temples in the next one I'd be excited, but I think the lack of temples in this one was a necessary shake up for the Zelda team.
>>
>>376296409
Yes.
A tie between BotW and MM
Yes, but as many others said, more and better dungeons and a wide gadget variety.
I wouldn't mind if a future game is as big as Botw and is linear; as in "need item from dungeon A to gain entrance to dungeon B"
>>
I never want to see the Divine Beast concept again. They should have taken inspiration for all the dungeons from Zelda 2. In fact, Hyrule Castle gave me Great Temple vibes and it was the only enjoyable dungeon in the game
>>
>>376298539
I-I like the beasts.
>>
I enjoyed it.

I think BOTW is my favorite followed by OOT

Yes, but it should have have more traditional dungeons and more enemies like Stalfos, Darias, Tekites, etc.
>>
File: hug.gif (493KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
hug.gif
493KB, 400x225px
>>376298127
>>376298370
Brothers.
>>
>>376298539
The beasts are fine, and dare I say, have higher puzzle quality than the dungeons
>>
>>376301447
>Stalfos
99% sure they are in the game
>>
>>376296409
The BotW formula would be great if the world was shrunk down. I know the whole "it's really big!" thing was a draw for this game but there's not point in repeating it next time. Use the BotW formula but pack the world with tons of interesting unique locations, unique dungeons, hidden characters, realized side quests, worthwhile side content, things like that. Fill the place with as much intrigue as possible, and make it big enough to make going from place to place feel like an adventure.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.