[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Convince me to buy it /v/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Horizon_Zero_Dawn.jpg (58KB, 389x428px) Image search: [Google]
Horizon_Zero_Dawn.jpg
58KB, 389x428px
Convince me to buy it /v/
>>
I don't give a shit what you spend your money on asshole.
>>
It's fun for the first 10 or so hours but I was so fucking sick of it after getting the platinum. It was a fairly easy platinum to get also.
>>
Don't buy it
>>
>>376291432
Save your money for RDR2.
>>
>>376291432
it was fun but not 60 dollars fun, spend your money on a prostitute or something
>>
>You get to play as a qt ginger.
>The story is pretty engaging and well told
>Combat is surprisingly fun and challenging at times
>The graphics are great

Totally worth it if you like open world/sandbox type experiences. Please try to ignore any /pol/lacks who come in and spew a bunch of drama about SJWs and whatever else. They love to do that to Horizon threads.
>>
OP here, I am also weighing up Yooka Laylee, Crash Bandicoot, Snake Pass or Prey
>>
>>376291897
TY for the proper response! I bloody love open world/sandbox games. GTA5, RDR and Fallout New Vegas being my favorites.
>>
>>376291909
>prey

why are you even asking?
>>
>>376291432
>Female lead with a bow meme
Don't get it
>>
>>376291909
Snake Pass is alright but not on the same tier. HZD is a full AAA game and SP is a budget game YL is only good if you REALLY want a "new" 90s style collectathon. Prey is pretty shitty and Crash isn't even a new game.

>>376291981
You'll probably enjoy this one too then. It's not terribly innovative but it's a good iteration of the current set of "standard" open world game mechanics.
>>
Looked like torture from the youtube and twitch videos. If only I could download just the part where I fight the thing on the cover.
>>
>>376292032
Female leads can be great, see metroid, phantasy star, guardian legend etc..
>>
>>376292102
I said "Female lead with a bow" anon, i didn't say female leads in general
>>
>>376292062
Would you say its worth $40 or wait until it gets even cheaper?
>>
>>376292228
I see.
Also that's just a fancy looking sniper.
>>
>>376292376
I guess? I'm not sure what to tell you about that.

People all seem to have wildly varied priorities and value systems for games and their prices. It's a pretty big game. I value games on hours per $. Open world games almost always manage to succeed on that basis alone. Usually I want around $5 per hour or better.
>>
Finished and platinum-ed it last weekend, was pretty fun.
The only issues I had were:
* Everyone behaves like a fucking cunt. Including Aloy, arguably understandable most of the time when she is, but still.
* The post ending scene robs you of any feeling of achievement / accomplishment, in my opinion. you get to destroy the big bad, after that credits roll, after the credits LOL FUCK YOU BIG BAD ISNT DEAD LOL. Highly likely to be set up for a sequel

Other than that, if you like open world and fetch quests, this game is for you.
>>
botw was better
>>
>>376291432
It has amazing game play.
>>
>>376291909
All of those are absolute garbage except Crash.
>>
Are you a yuropoor? We have a 25% off on HDZ right now
>>
>>376292858
I found it to be boring, the first encounter with a dino is neat, then it's boring shit again until another new dino, then they run out of dinos and it's all just boring shit. The story is too bland and generic to care about.

I dunno I played it on the original PS4 so the frame rates bugged me too, maybe I'm just biased from getting the lower tier experience, the pro might make it worth it for the eye candy.
>>
>>376292991
Where?!
>>
>>376293230
PSN
Ends tomorrow
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.