[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LOOKING FOR BAAL?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 16

File: duriel.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
duriel.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
LOOKING FOR BAAL?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
No
>>
File: 1288855290378.jpg (27KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
1288855290378.jpg
27KB, 396x396px
Thats another thing D3 fucked up so hard on.

They had cutscene transitions to bosses. That let you catch your breath and take it in.

D2's bosses were on your ass in an instant and intimidating.
>>
>>376288997
Only Duriel.

The rest of them you know very well you are hunting them down.
>>
>>376289114
This.

Plus the worst part of Duriel is entering that floor with a slow connection\slow computer you would usually wind up dying as soon as it finally loads.
>>
>walk into the chamber as a necromancer
>All skeletons die
>Stop playing necromancer there and make a paladin
>Eventually go back to play my necromancer
>Get to Diablo
>All skeletons die instantly again

skeleton necromancer was a great idea on paper but I never did make him work in big bosses like that
>>
>>376287670
>fall of 2000
>finally get to college and get a computer with a 700MHz processor
>fire up Diablo 2 for the first time
>play through Act I, show it off to friends
>stay up late, play through Act II
>get to tal rasha's chamber
>plant the horadric staff
>hole opens in the wall
>"Looking for Baal?"
>dead before the room even loads
>>
>>376289846
I remember I tried making a minion necro build and you do really have to get the perfect skill combo and items to have a chance.
>>
>>376289698
>>376289882

Why are people still talking about this? Every Diablo 2 thread, at least one person brings up Duriel killing the player before being given a chance to load. At this point, I can only conclude that you people are still running your ancient toasters for no real reason, since there are a billion other things that you could complain about over the history of Diablo 2's history. Just upgrade your god damn computers already.
>>
>>376290278
>people are still running your ancient toasters
>still
It couldn't possibly be people discussing things that happened when they played diablo 2 back in 2000 on their shitty home PC their parents owned for work
>>
File: Npc-gheed[1].jpg (18KB, 173x161px) Image search: [Google]
Npc-gheed[1].jpg
18KB, 173x161px
What monster had the best design and why was it Gheed?
>>
>>376289846

Because bosses do 4x damage to minions or some other multiplier
>>
>>376290278

this never happened to me even back in the day

sony vaio master race
>>
>>376289846
>bring skelly and golem into arreat summit
>all of them gets rip apart like wet tissue paper
>no corpse
>run away to restock
>you have to restart the battle if you returned
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>376291036
>you have to restart the battle if you returned
Not if you town portal out
>>
>>376291102

Yes you do. The Ancients is the only fight in the game that you can't escape from without resetting it. It is bizarrely difficult in comparison to the rest of the game.
>>
So how do you beat him as a skelemancer? Do you just town portal out once he kills all your minions, restock on bodies then go back, repeat as necessary?
>>
>>376292086
yep
>>
>>376292003
Huh I guess I did beat him in one go as my necromancer then, it's been so long.
>>
>>376292086

Bone wall spam + choking gas potions is how I always do it. It'll take you exactly 64 potions to kill him.
>>
>>376292086
Grab some elemental resist prior to him. You need those resist later for Diablo anyways, so they're not wasted. Otherwise, do what you said.

Normal is hardest for skelemancer before you get some resist and gear. Surprisingly, things get easier and easier as a summoner later on if yo keep up with levels.
>>
File: 1494210138659.jpg (113KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1494210138659.jpg
113KB, 1024x1024px
>>376289846
>Never played game beyond act 2 but decide to beat it couple days ago
>Reach Diablo for the first time
>Cast weaken so he doesn't murder my skellies in an instant
>Constantly summoning my weak shitty Golem to give him a small distraction
>Have to let my Archer hireling plink away at him while summing golems that die in one hit so he doesn't go after us
How in the fuck am I going to beat him in Nightmare when I barely killed Andariel
>>
>>376293229
git skellingtons
>>
>>376293229
you have to really be selective in your skill picks. Don't pick ANYTHING that is not part of your core build
>>
>>376293229
Normal Diablo is the hardest boss you'll face as a summoner. It will get easier on higher difficulties.
>>
>>376293436
At least he has 3 free respecs
>>
>>376290679
>get game
>first character is a pally
>be lvl 9 or so
>decide I want a new helm I'll try gambling
>first thing I get is tarn

He's an A+ guy
>>
>>376293436
I've only pumped points into skellies, magic skellies and stronger skellies, with one point thrown into some curses since they don't do much beyond last longer or get a bigger aoe.

>>376293593
So I should respec when I get to him and put them into the offensive spells?
>>
>>376293229

>weaken
>WEAKEN

You fool. Weaken is entirely useless. It only reduces physical weapon damage, meaning it only affects Diablo's claw attacks. Decrepify reduces the physical weapon damage better than weaken does and also puts in a hefty slow and a hefty amount of -physical resistance%. Never use weaken.
>>
File: rattle sack.jpg (76KB, 927x380px) Image search: [Google]
rattle sack.jpg
76KB, 927x380px
As someone who still plays diablo 2 from time to time.

Summonmancer is not a viable leveling build.
It's viable for normal (but so is everything.)
It's viable for any content you are one gear level over in NM/Hell (if you want to do NM, you need hell gear, if you want to do hell you need BIS)

Basically, as a summon mancer you max skeletons and skeleton masteries, then you go and put 1 point in a bunch of the best curses such as iron maiden. With a lot of builds it's hard to tell what your input will return in output, this is not the case as a summon mancer. Your skeletons do reliably the same dps at all times, and their healthbars are converted into damage via iron maiden. This essentially means that you can calculate exactly how many skeletons you will need for any content. Realistically, you won't have enough to beat nm or hell till you have Skill boosting gear in every slot. This isn't a gitgud moment, this is a cold hard numbers problem.

You know what doesn't have this problem though? Poisonmancer. So, you play the entire game as a poisonmancer, and get to the BIS farm time, and at this point where poison is starting to reach it's wall of usefulness (more and more things end up being simply immune to poison) you swap to summon, and you roll the last bit of the game.
>>
File: 1453891110597.jpg (69KB, 283x279px) Image search: [Google]
1453891110597.jpg
69KB, 283x279px
>>376294365
I fucking hate playing without an insight merc as poisonmancer so I just play skeledongers till NM halfway thru and reroll.
>>
>>376294365

>iron maiden

This was only useful back in the day when monsters had reasonable life (before 1.10) and before they nerfed blood golems. Reflect damage is now complete dumpster trash. Any summonmancer worth their salt is actually a corpse explosionmancer with a hireling always getting the first kill for the bang, the summons are just a means of keeping a buffer between them and the enemies.
>>
>>376293836
I would say if you're in nightmare for a little while and feel like you aren't doing well enough you could try respeccing. You get a free respec for completing den in each difficulty
>>
You children and your respecs. In my day, if you put 1 fucking point somewhere you didnt really need, you remade your fucking character.
>>
>>376294575
If you're going to do that, you might as well just max normal skeletons, then go directly into bonemancer, with some too valuable to pass up curses on the side. Which is perfectly viable, but that wasn't the question. The question was how do you make an endgame summonmancer. The largest issue that you face as a summon mancer is that you run out of skeletons, which means the "muh corpse explosion" route is usually useless as well. Duriel, Baal, and Mephisto (the three hardest non-uber bosses by far) all have arenas with either absolutely no corpses, or actually no corpses. "just use corpse explosion" is like telling someone "just dont fight those bosses."
>>
>>376294831
This is why I never went back to the game and only reached Act 2 multiple times
>>
File: 1483629339343.png (43KB, 290x286px) Image search: [Google]
1483629339343.png
43KB, 290x286px
I've only ever played Diablo 3, honestly getting interested to try out D2, did it age well? Where can I get it, and what would be a good way to start?
>>
>>376295106
torrent it. Just play whatever looks fun you and when you want to get serious start looking up builds
>>
>>376295106
You'll hate it.
>>
>>376295106
graphics aged like milk but everything else holds up. Necro is a fun way to get into the game
>>
>>376292086
Decrepify
>>
>>376295106
Diablo 2 is a childhood defining game for me so let me be the first to tell you.

It did not fucking age well.
The controls are unacceptably clunky and designed by an actual fucking maniac.
-You are constantly at the mercy of really bad auto pathing, there is no way to directly move your character.
-You can only have one spell/skill active at any one moment, and have to cycle through f1 hotkeyed skills to then cast them.
-The game is native 800x600 and nobody at blizzard thought about adding a fucking windowed mode. (theres ways you can force it into windowed)
-The game looks like literal shit, it will actually hurt your eyes to look at graphics so bad.

It's one of those games, that I feel you can only appreciate if you played it before the contemporary.

Its sort of like... people start to remember all the good parts of diablo 2, with all the quality of life of 3, and their memories create an ubermench game far better than either.
>>
>>376295583
I started playing diablo 2 for the first time in 2013 and for me it's a better game than 3. It depends if that guy is into old games/can handle the older game mechanics.
>>
>>376295583
I see, thanks for the detailed explanation, guess I'll just sit this one out.
>>
>>376294834

>The largest issue that you face as a summon mancer is that you run out of skeletons

What? What? Have you actually tried playing a summonmancer? If your skeletons are actually dying in non-recoverable numbers to anything except for normal Duriel, normal Diablo and Hell Ancients, then you are playing it wrong. You have dim vision to disable all ranged threats, amplify damage to slaughter anything close, attract for shit-hits-the-fan situations and decrepify to deal with bosses.

>Duriel, Baal, and Mephisto (the three hardest non-uber bosses by far) all have arenas with either absolutely no corpses, or actually no corpses.

Use decrepify, you simpleton. Decrepify + clay golem + cold skeletal mage means the boss can only barely fight back. In the case of Hell Baal he literally can't fight back; hell Baal just tries to cast but he is so slow the game can't finish the animation. He becomes 100% impotent, less threatening than one of those guys tied up to the poles in act 4. Not to mention you get revives, which with urdars means you are getting around 20 guys with 30000 life that have a 25% chance of crushing blow, dealing a fucking absurd amount of damage to bosses.
>>
>>376295106
>>376295583
>The controls are unacceptably clunky and designed by an actual fucking maniac.
Oh really? I was just about to reply how controls aged extremely well and are up to par with Blizz standards - everything is super responsive and clear.
Also there's a great looking HD mod and i have no idea what you mean by shit graphics, it still looks pretty decent.
>>
>>376293836
dont put much into skelly mages, they suck so much. Value points into curses is a great idea, and when you get to the end of nightmare put a point into dim vision, it really helps against the mass ranged packs that hell likes to throw at you. Also, clearing rooms is your jam once you max CORPSE EXPLOSION (you heard me, max that shit for increase in radius), its one of the best abilities in the game. Make sure you get an act 2 mercenary with might aura from nightmare too, and give him a nice polearm with some armor with lots of defences.
>>
I'm gonna be that one black sheep retard that says that point and click controls in arpgs always fucking sucked yet they keep making them with those controls

wasd + mouse (or twin-stick if you're a controllerfag) is better

but whatever, I don't even like this genre anymore (and when I liked it, I was playing it wrong)
>>
>>376294831
we also used to have dual leach rings
>>
>>376295918
I don't want to get rid of my hire since I carried her through the whole game and she carried me through it too
Plus I like having someone with ranged attacks since I just sit back to let my skellies do all the melee stuff
>>
>tfw only play barb solo but dislike whirlwind builds
It's like I want to suffer
>>
>>376294365
Yes it is viable, It's the easiest, most gear independant spec to walk through the game with, just stop being lazy and use your other spells to support your skellies.
>Amp/Decrep the frontline of monsters at the start
>Set up a layers or 2 (or 3) of bone wall to but time from ranged mobs
>Dim Vision those fucks, now they're worthless
>Put a quick Life tap on the front line, let your skellies heal up, then re-AMP/Decrep them
>Wanton application of corpse explosion to turn everything in the area to dust, no exceptions.
Easy peasy, doesnt need good gear, just find +skills to skellies and curses, and +resistances.
For bosses, Clay golem slows their attack speed to shit in combo with decrep, and toggle a life tap on every once in a while. Your merc will do most the damage you need him to.
>>
>>376295583

Everything you said is retarded, if not blatantly wrong. If you are going to make up shit, at least research the game first. I mean come on, anyone that has played Diablo 2 knows there are two active skills at once, you are getting Diablo 1 and 2 confused.

>>376294831

Stop making up shit. Back in the day, skill points didn't matter since there were no immunities and no synergies. Most builds were basically done at around 60 skill points spent.
>>
>>376296137

And pre-nerf Zeal pallys.
>>
>>376296328
Zeal Paladins were the coolest shit hammers are fucking boring
>>
>>376296328

>pre-nerf

You mean back when zeal didn't get any enhanced damage and when you'd get 20 swings per zeal, often times locking you into combat until you died or leaving you swinging just out of reach, hitting nothing at all?
>>
>>376294834
Idiot. I just played Diablo 2 last summer again and I had a 722 MF summonancer who could do entire maps really fucking fast. I got fucking RICH playing this guy, because not only was I getting mad uniques, I was also killing so much shit that HRs would drop like candy (maybe 1 per 3 hours of clearing).

20 raise skele, 20 skele mastery, 20 skele mage, 20 Corpse explosion, and the rest for curses.

This build just needs a cheap merc and this build can run through the game fucking naked. Merc can have insight + treachery + some helm (Resists OR crushing blow with Gil face) and just use life tap when he goes low, and he can kill anything in the game.

At the end my summonancer had this set up:
Shako (ptopaz)
Enigma (on a demonhide because it looks the coolest on a necro)
Ali baba (x2 ist)
Monarch (x4 ist)
Goldwrap (up'd)
38 MF ring
MF + FCR ring
Mara's (need some resist)
40 GHEED
48 MF wartrav
40 MF chancy gloves
5 - 7 MF charms everywhere
Low Anni
High torch

Don't need armor. Don't need resists. Barely need +skills

YOU WANT maximum skeletons. The skeletons are the best tanks in the game and they can deal decent damage by them selves.
>>
>>376296165
If you like the range attacks, consider picking up revives and reviving some value ranged monsters. I understand your like for your Rogue, I play with one when I roll a barb, but a Might Merc reaaaaaaaally puts the summonmancer into "High" tier.
>>
Hireling tier list
Mercenary > Swordmage > Rogue > Barbarian
>>
>>376296417
Did you put 20 in skele mage for speed? Revives are just better, but they might take too much time to summon good ones if you're doing MF runs. Did you do Crypt/Mausoleum runs in A1, or something else for clearing?
>>
>>376292003
Wait, I'm just getting into D2 for the first time. If you bail on a fight and come back later, the enemies haven't healed? What if you load another area?
>>
>>376295678
>sit this one out
Fuck that motherfucker, give it a shot

That way you'll know
>>
File: 1481488301834.jpg (111KB, 452x680px) Image search: [Google]
1481488301834.jpg
111KB, 452x680px
>tfw playing holy freeze zeal paladin
>>
>>376294365
I went through hell solo with some basic ass gear
carin shard
troll nest
+2 summon skills circlet
+1 summon skill amulet
IK belt
Sandtrek's
2 rare rings with resists 1 having fcr
quehagans plate

For duriel its skellington spam
for diablo its ironmaiden and clay golem

poisonmancer is easier once you get poison nova but before its harder because youre gonna rely on shit tier teeth or bonespear to start corpse exploding till 30
>>
>>376296608

The ancients are a special case. You are forced into an arena. Every time you use a town portal or when every player leaves the area, they will reset. In any other case, monsters will only have their normal regeneration rate, which often times isn't too impressive.
>>
>>376292086
You go online and let someone else take care of it. Maybe help out with a curse.
>>
Who is the best Act II mercenary name and why is it Waheed?
>>
>>376296850
nah man it's Emilio
>>
File: 1493787976563.jpg (49KB, 692x969px) Image search: [Google]
1493787976563.jpg
49KB, 692x969px
>>376296683
okay fine I'll torrent it when I get home
>>
>>376296707

>that gear
>basic
>solo

Nigga, what? You clearly didn't find any of that, and a lot of those items are amazing stuff that I could only dream of finding. This is what I went through hell with:

>two socket leather armor (two perfect topazes)
>two socket skull cap (lore)
>wand, bought from Akara in act 1 normal (+3 raise skeleton, +2 skeleton mastery)
>preserved head, found from a fallen one in the underground passage in normal (+1 raise skeleton)
>sander's riprap
>sander's taboo
>hsarus' belt
>trash amulet and rings
>>
>>376296850
>>376296889
emilio waheed and jemali all top tier

durgafags neednotapply
>>
>>376297109
>not doing nightmare andy and meph runs for hours on end before hell
>>
>>376295583
Yea I played it for the first time like 2 years ago. None of these things were an issue for me, and i beat hell and quit. I dont regret it.
>>
Does anyone play Median XL/Ultimative?

I'm playing Backstab assassin build and it's completely ass backwards. It decimates all the bossess and big hordes of enemies but I die to single weak mobs all the time due to how backstab works and how I neglected upgrading armor.
>>
>>376297180
Nice to see I'm not the only one that autistically farms boss kills for hours to get good loot when playing solo.
>>
>>376297180

I mean, I guess you could, but why? The game is just as easy with shit gear as a necromancer since all the work is being done by corpse explosion and your mercenary.
>>
>>376297452
more skelingtons
>>
>>376296603
I did 20 magi for speed yes, and putting skills into anything else except maybe amp damage was worthless, and you only put points in amp damage to clear large rooms faster (maybe) to hit every enemy with just 1 cast.

My summonancer had a nice mf run.

Shenk (best place to summon), countess, andy, summoner, trav, meph, river of flame bridge and chaos sanc, nilithak, then worldstone level 2 3 and then baal. This was not a fast run, and i would mix and match fairly often, but of all my mf characters, this guy got me the most rich of all. I got the idea to stack mf once i realized that +skills and +resists were so very little important for damagr and survival. All damage comes from corpse explosion and the merc. But +skills effect neither of those. And survival is really easy with attract, blind, and decrepify coupled with the summons soaking in all damage. I thought gloams would wipe the floor with me, but it was rare and blind absolutely nullifies gloams.
>>
>>376290278
it means they played the game before it was patched, over ten years ago, but they don't care, normies never update the meme they learned.
>>
>>376297575
>tfw learning the nihlathak's temple trick on summonmancer
>>
>>376295583
>The controls are unacceptably clunky
I wonder how obese you are to not be able to press alt + another key
>>
I remember running a pally where I skilled Fanaticism and Zeal. Maybe it wasn't as effective as other builds, but I liked being a buffing pally.
>>
>lvl 1 and need to get to hell baal to powerlevel
>create game "my hell forge 4 run"
>guy joins, fucking hammerdin with enigma
>runs me real quick and even gives me some gear I may need (lightning sorc)
>gets to hell act IV and gets me to my forge
>he opens a tp and i grab hammer and other items/gold around forge
>tell him I need to repair hammer for better drops
>I tp back to town and repair hammer
>stay in town
>time to afk until he leaves and I get my hell forge runes
>wait 5min and he starts questioning me
>wait 10min and he blows a gasket and starts shit talking me
>tell him "this hurts me more than it hurts you"
>he eventually logs from my game
>I wait 5min incase he comes back
>he comes back, shit talks some more and leaves again
>does this a few times
>he comes back again and pulls again bunch of mobs into my forge area to prevent me from getting it
>he leaves for good this time
>invite one of my mates and he kills all the enemies for me
>give my mate the high-tier runes and I keep the mid-tier ones
>don't feel bad about it because this is how the real world works nigga
I've done this a good dozen or more times. This guy however was the only one smart enough to pull mobs into the forge.

Who else did this?
>>
File: Screenshot014.jpg (681KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot014.jpg
681KB, 800x600px
>>376297220

>MXL

I just wish I could enjoy that mod. I've played nearly 100 different mods and loved almost all of them, and somehow MXL is the only one that I can't stand to play. Everything is too powerful and it makes progression feel meaningless. Instead of going from being able to barely cast a few single target frost bolt to spamming a gigantic screen wide nova of bolts, you go from dealing 1000 damage with a screen wide apocalypse to 50000 damage with a screen wide apocalypse. It ends up just becoming numbers and the magic disappears.
>>
>>376297674
I always give people my forge because of people like you
Also the reason I never rush others

However the amount of times ive gone into a game where someone needed some mid tier rune like a hel and I just dropped it on the ground only to have someone else join the game and take it is hilarious
>>
>>376297674

>repair hammer for better drops
>he doesn't immediately call you out

Do people actually believe that does something?
>>
stop, god damn u faggots are going to make me waste another week of my life on this game again
>>
>>376287670
somebody post that baal comic with the dead mercenary
>>
>Some guy makes a game
>Join it
>He's transferring stuff over to a different character
>Run over and take it all
>Leave game
>>
>>376298016
ladder reset is on 17th anon
>>
>>376297984
I always thought it did. Why else would the hammer be damaged when you pick it up?
>>
>>376297824
Too bad you can't mod most games without getting banned now, just like diablo 3.
I blame consoles for this.
>>
>Diablo 1 was my favorite
Is this the biggest contrarian opinion about the series
>>
>>376297824
I know what you mean there. It doesn't help that the game is extremely fucking boring for the entire early and midgame, which isn't something I can say for something like, say, Eastern Sun.
>>
>>376298452
No
I dont personally hold that opinion but can understand why someone might
its more dungeon crawler than lootfest and had 10/10 aesthetics
some of the spells were neat to
D2 is far superior if you ask me though
>>
>>376298452
D1 is more roguelike than loot grinder.
>>
File: 1361104212788.gif (58KB, 752x752px) Image search: [Google]
1361104212788.gif
58KB, 752x752px
>Act 2 as a skelemancer
>>
File: 1494044366843.jpg (31KB, 450x437px) Image search: [Google]
1494044366843.jpg
31KB, 450x437px
>>376287670
>never played any of the diablo games
I missed out didn't I?
>>
>>376298452
Not really.
>>
>>376298881
Probably.
>>
>>376298452
Diablo 1 was great until apocalypse staff and duplication trick

I do remember jerking it to those succubi titties though. Probably the first pornography I saw.
>>
>>376298881
Yes.

If you want to play Diablo 1, either play vanilla, or download the Tchernobog mod. Some people will get angry at me recommending mods for a first playthrough, but it's a dated game at this point, so you make the decision.

Diablo 2 can be played without playing the first, you won't miss much aside from story. The game's still active online, but best when played with friends. Even moreso if it's all your first times. You'll have to run a lot of the same content over again though, since playing the game on Normal is piss easy, and you can clear through it in an hour or two if you just bum rush through. The difficulties after normal are where it starts to get really fun.
>>
>>376299145
>I do remember jerking it to those succubi titties though
I did a similar thing, though it was to Andariel, maybe it's why I ended up being a fan of any porn involving demons
>>
>>376299145

Even without cheating the game is made trivial for Sorcerers as soon as you find Mana Shield. Just sink literally every point into magic and tough out the first parts. Then you become a god.
>>
I began to play diablo 2 for the first time 1 week ago and I fucking love it. I'm currently at act 5.
Is diablo 3 really that bad? I was really disappointed to see that Tyrael is a nigger.
>>
>>376299423
It's much better now than it is on launch, but still nowhere near as good as Diablo 2.

I can't stress enough how awful Diablo 3 was at launch.
>>
>>376299423
I don't know what d2 did but it did feel much better than d3 in the farming aspect. The levels felt more interesting too besides act 3 (all forest).

Really hope blizz delivers and adds a patch that has hundreds of runes and charms.
>>
File: 1478237067083.jpg (705KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1478237067083.jpg
705KB, 1600x1200px
>>376295106
pirate it and use program called plugy to play it (gives you the possibility to respec your skills for free, so you won't find yourself painted into a corner every time you pick a skill that doesn't work for your build)
>>
>>376287670
But Baal is act 5, why would Baal be part of the story in vanilla D2
>>
>>376290278
If i remember correctly it had the same issue like D1 with the sound/music being on the disc so it had to wind up which would freeze the game when you entered the chamber.
This would not be an issue if you moved the data files to the installation folder but everyone didnt do that.
>>
>>376299594
Because you go to Tal Rasha's tomb to find Baal, but at this point he'd already been released by Marius and the two of them fucked up Tyrael and left
>>
>>376299583
Thanks anon, I'll keep it in mind.
>>
>>376295820
Link to mod?

One I found stopped getting updated years ago and had glitches at 1920x1080 resolution.
>>
>>376299254
thanks anon, I might give it a go.
>>
>>376299583
>>376299758
PlugY also adds online rune words and events to the game so it's the best way to play.
>>
>>376299423

>>376299423

ive just started D3 and so far the writing is fucking awful

>GRAAAR i am the skeleton king! i will announce myself like a cartoon villian. by contrast, D1's skeletal Leoric bum rushed you out of the darkness and just hissed like a terrifying motherfucker
>>
>>376300687

forgot to add, the game holds your hand in a shitty OOC meta way

>objective: take item x to level y of dungeon z
>>
median sigma will come out this year
https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?t=4195
>>
>Diablo 1 butcher
>Open door
>Suddenly a giant with a massive cleaver walks out
>FRESH MEAT
>Slaughters you with no special cutscene introduction or huge boss arena

>Diablo 3 turns him into this joke "oh he runs at a wall and hits it so hard he's stunned!" Fight complete with a giant THIS IS A BOSS FIGHT arena and random parts of the ground exploding in fire for no reason

There's a reason people were terrified of this guy in 1
>>
>>376300852

>MXL is finally doing some hardcoding

Nice to see they've finally caught up with the modding community, just a good 10 years late.
>>
>>376300852
Cool, maybe I'll play this while waiting for PoE.
>>
>>376300908
Current generations would see it as cyber bullying.
>>
>>376300908

The only lame thing about Butcher in 1 is that there's only a certain chance for him to spawn in each game. If I didn't see that corpse in front of the Cathedral, I would restart. I used to have the whole little spiel memorized. Now all I can remember is

>Bastard led us into a trap! Now everyone is dead. Killed by a demon he calls the Butcher. Find this demon and slay him, so that our souls may finally rest.

Also, everyone always says "FRESH MEAT" but I could swear its "AAAAAAAAH FRESH MEAT". Too lazy to look it up.
>>
>>376301337
It is "AAAAHH FRESH MEAT"
>>
File: 1493470847159.jpg (103KB, 1157x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1493470847159.jpg
103KB, 1157x1000px
>>376289846
They've buffed summonmancer since release, now your minions can actually stand a chance if you give them a few levels per act
>tfw go into duriel fight with 10 skeletons, 2 mages and clay golem
>finish it with 7 skeletons, 0 mages and clay golem
>>
>>376301337
there's a mod that enables all quests regardless of chance
>>
>>376300908
D3 butcher feels like a kick in the balls. He has no reason to be in a fire based arena fight. He should have been used instead of Gohm.
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.