[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell was Nintendo thinking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: EarthBound.jpg (294KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
EarthBound.jpg
294KB, 1024x768px
In Mario, your penalty for dying is your score.
In A Link to the Past, you have a death counter. One for every area in the game in fact.
In Super Metroid, there's a timer.

In EarthBound you just lose a little cash that you have on you and you get off scotch-free? That's balogna.
>>
Your PSI goes to 0 and you start back at the last place you saved
>>
>>376282850
Right?
>>
File: fc,550x550,white.jpg (46KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
fc,550x550,white.jpg
46KB, 550x550px
>Scotch-free
>>
>>376282981
Also Ness will be the only one alive
>>
>>376282850

>you just lose a little cash

you lose half of your cash. Like you know, in EVERY other JRPG?

If you wanna call a JRPG TOO EASY then Super Mario RPG is the game. That shit didnt even took your EXP or money out when you died. Thats truly a baby first RPG.
>>
>>376283129
I'm not complaining about it being easy. In fact, it's pretty hard all things considered to beat the game without dying, since you have to anticipate the speed of your enemies before you know it. I'm complaining that there's nothing to mark the fact that you died. Money doesn't matter. You can always sell stuff or get more from dad.

Every game needs some kind of marker to show you've died. I thought not having anything was relatively new with Breath of the Wild, but now I see that it's been a thing in Nintendo games since EarthBound. And I hate it.
>>
>>376282850
It's almost like kids get light punishments in real world suburbia.
>>
>>376284089
earthbound was ahead of its time. it wastes your time very little compared to most role playing games. no need to grind, just head first into danger and if it doesn't work just pick yourself back up and try again.
>>
>>376284089
>I thought not having anything was relatively new with Breath of the Wild
are you fucking stupid

breath of the wild has a red X with an R.I.P. message on the map for every location in which you died
>>
>>376284089
What is Donkey Kong Country
>>
>>376284379
Are YOU stupid? That X disappears as soon as you die again or turn the game off. Why don't you actually play the game you're defending instead of watching people on Youtube and Twitch play it for you.
>>
>>376284089
If you lose track of your progression in Earthbound, you're not actually playing the game.
>>
>>376284536
prove it
>>
>>376284089
>You can always sell stuff or get more from dad
dad only gives you money based off of story progression iirc
the only real way to 'make' money is to let eggs hatch
>>
>>376284238
Earthbound confirmed for white privilege simulator
>>
>>376284379
>breath of the wild has a red X with an R.I.P. message on the map for every location in which you died
If only, that'd actually be pretty cool. Game doesn't really keep track of how many times you died, even.

I'd love to see how many times I died while just fucking around on the Great Plateau alone.
>>
>>376282850
>scotch-free
>balogna

What the hell was OP thinking? This kind of shit is a diamond dozen. You should know better by now.
>>
>>376284575
Hot damn. It's not about progress. It's about preserving posterity of your playthrough. Let's say you want to compare your next run to your first. What do you have to base it off? Jack squat that's what. It almost makes me glad that NoA screwed EarthBound's chances in the west with their smear campaign.
>>
>>376284740
no, he gives you money for enemies you defeat. it's the same as other games except battle rewards are deposited into your account instead of dropped from enemies.
>>
>>376284887
It goes to show how far Nintendo still has to go to match the level of 90's Zelda.
>>
>>376282850
bologna is good if it's cheap, and you fry it on a skillet (non stick) until it bubbles in the center, and flip it over, then let it kinda burn.
also, never get mortadella on your fancy sandwiches. it's italian bologna.
>>
>>376285379
You have to cut a slit in the bologna so it doesn't bubble. Or chop it up into tiny pieces to mix with whisked eggs into an omelette.
>>
File: 1461811697745.gif (237KB, 500x258px) Image search: [Google]
1461811697745.gif
237KB, 500x258px
>>376284998
>preserving posterity of your playthrough
>compare your next run to your first

lolwut the fuck are you even talking about.
this game wasn't designed for speed runs, new game pluses, or anything beyond a single campy run of the game.
you're literally making an argument out of nothing, jesus christ.
>>
>>376284998
It's an RPG nigga, name me 5 (FIVE) RPGs that aren't like this
>>
File: IMG_0988.jpg (59KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0988.jpg
59KB, 514x536px
>>376284998
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.