[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who at Insomniac thinks this is still funny?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: Mr.Zurkon.jpg (112KB, 517x580px) Image search: [Google]
Mr.Zurkon.jpg
112KB, 517x580px
Who at Insomniac thinks this is still funny?
>>
MR ZURKON IS HERE TO KILL
>>
I-I though it was a little funny
>>
MR ZURKON WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE
WITH BULLETS
>>
>>376276758
>still
>>
>>376276758
They didnt even do him right in the latest game. Was so halfassed. No comments abouy enemies like Momma Zurkon and Zurkon Jr didnt even sound like a kid. I fucking hate modern insomniac
>>
Ratchet and Clank games are hardly funny anymore. ToD marked its descent into childish humor. Pirates shaking their booties, disco dancing, the game was just a cheesy bad time.
>>
I'm glad I won't be able to play whatever Ratchet game they put out next. Things like Mr. Zurkon and the Groovitron should never have become staples of the series, the weapon variety has only gotten lower and lower after the series made the jump to HD.
>>
2016 R&C's gameplay is brilliant, possibly the best of the series, so it's just a shame that the story/humour isn't even in the same league as 1, let alone 3.
>>
File: 1492051818333.png (48KB, 137x134px) Image search: [Google]
1492051818333.png
48KB, 137x134px
>"We don't want to rehash content"
>Zurkon in nearly every game since his introduction.

What did Insomniac mean by this?
>>
>>376276758
i didn't even know they were supposed to be funny
>>
>>376280689
>"We don't want to rehash content"
>the entire R&C series

They really can't say that when half of all weapons are in each game, you start off with Laser Gun and Bomb Gun, and half your gadgets are the exact same ones from the other games.
>>
>>376279193
The fact they put Grummel in at all is pure nonsense.
>>
Has the newest one ever gone on sale on the PS Store? I've been waiting awhile to pick it up, but have yet to seen it at a lower price.
>>
>>376280689
>A higher framerate does not significantly affect sales of a game.

What did Insomniac SMOKE TO THINK THIS WAS AN EXCUSE?
>>
>>376282585
I've seen it in stores for less than $20 bucks.

There might have been some pretty legit flaws with the 2016 remake, but I can forgive a lot, since it came out as a budget title.
>>
File: 1470861850411.jpg (44KB, 600x479px) Image search: [Google]
1470861850411.jpg
44KB, 600x479px
>>376282914

I'm still angry about them making the decision to stop making 60fps games and their fucking shit excuse to go with it
>>
>>376283773
It's an absolute travesty when their PS2 games played better than the majority of the PS3 games thanks in part to the higher framerate.
Everything in that big post on their website just says "yeah 60 fps is really great and all but maaaan that's a lotta work, it doesn't make us more money or anything"
>>
>>376283953

The worst part is that they said it doesn't make them any more sales, while CoD was biggest game around and was 60fps. Nobody who played it would have known the vocabulary to properly describe it, but it just 'felt good' to play because it ran at 60fps
>>
>>376283953
Insomniac's compromising on framerate for visuals. They want Ratchet to be this eyecatching thing that rivals Pixar movies.

And to be fair, the 2016 game is gorgeous, but it's a real sign of the direction the franchise took after Deadlocked.
>>
>>376276758
Is there any weapon that is even more memetastic than Mr. Zurkon?
>>
>>376284415
Yes but Pixar doesn't have 12 FPS movies
>>
The new ratchet and clank is a good reboot, it's so much fun
You fags always shit on everything
>>
>>376276758
Is that Hey Ya?
>>
>>376279193
"Was so halfassed" describes most of that game other than the graphics and controls.
>>
>>376276758
it had some funny lines.
also i think its meant to be cheezy.
>>
>>376284415
Insomniac obviously has no idea why people liked the games then. The Ratchet games have always looked great but it's the crazy weapons and the blowing shit up that people got into the series for, as soon as they retooled the art design and put graphics first everything started to suffer and got a lot less fun.
>>
>>376284648
The reboot runs at a steady 30fps in 4k upscaling.
>>
>>376285225
I thought A Crack in Time was really great. Added some neat gameplay innovations, but yeah.

The thing is though, I don't think Insomniac are even really developing bad games here. If you look at Ratchet 2016 as the $40 semi-budget title it kind of is, it's pretty great. It's just got a lot of little things to it that makes it disappointing.
>>
>>376285225
But you do blow shit up and genocide shit in the new one?
And you also get cool shit to travers the planets and then go back to the early planets with the new gear and so on bla bla bla

Why are people here so aggressive towards the new game?
Because it's only on ps4?
>>
>>376285465
Crack in Time was really good but even it had things that honked me off. The construct-o-weapon things were really poor, the weapon upgrade grids were unecessary, the rocket launcher held like twelve shots and after a while did all the damage of a wet cough, and I genuinely can't remember any of the other weapons besides the shotgun that was a weird frog that burped and dumb ol' Mr. Zurkon.

And I wouldn't say they're making bad games either, I think they're making mediocre games in a series I used to love. The ties to the stupid movie don't help the recent game either.
>>
>>376284742

Eh
>30fps
>Almost all the weapons are retreads, and not even souped up versions of the original guns
>Story is absolutely moronic
>Music is generic movie stuff
>Less planets than the original game
>>
>>376287187
None of those are deal breakers
It's a reboot, not a direct remake of the first game
>>
>>376287297
The reboot isn't a terrible game by it's own merit, but it's inferior in almost every way when compared to the game it was a reboot of
and yes, it was a reboot and not a remake, but that doesn't mean they didn't go too far with changing up the source material
Sure, it's the (new) origin story of Ratchet & Clank, and you visit some of the same planets, and Drek is there for a while but virtually everything else is different

I bought the game regardless of all the negative stuff I heard, and sure it was ok as "more R&C", but it still disappointed me as a reboot
The thing that stung the most was the shitty orchestral soundtrack.
Before the game came out, I held hope that even if the game sucked, I could still listen to the amazing soundtrack of the first game remixed, but no, they fucked that up too.
>>
>>376287641
What is it with reboots, reimaginings, remakes, whatever not using the original composers? It's not like these people have fallen off the map or died in the meantime.
>>
File: 1476043617160.jpg (552KB, 720x1107px) Image search: [Google]
1476043617160.jpg
552KB, 720x1107px
>there will never be a Ratchet and Clank as good as Going Commando or Up Your Arsenal ever again, and now until the end of time the games will take themselves far too fucking seriously

Shit, I'd take another Deadlocked at this point. That actually had some funny moments
>>
>>376287929
Don't fucking remind me

going commando was so fucking good dude
>>
>tfw couldn't finish ratchet and clank 1 and going commando
>tfw only finished the reboot and into the nexus
Would I like 'Up Your Arsenal'?
>>
>>376288583
probably
it's the best imo
>>
>>376287929
Deadlocked was the funniest game in the series, even if it was edgier they knew how to use the edginess to play humor off of
>>
File: Feels of Destruction.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Feels of Destruction.webm
2MB, 640x360px
I still kind of like him but fucking hell, they need to just retire it already. Him and the fucking groovitron. They were great for their time but there was supposed to be new messed-up weapons and shit every game and they're been reusing the same ones since fucking ToD. The games are still really fun to play but some of that charm I fell in love with is just not there anymore.
>>
>>376288962

When I was a kid I fucking hated it because of how edgy it felt compared to the previous games. Later on I gave it another try and it was a total blast
>>
>>376280057

Except its not. R&C is just 3rd person shooter with jumping and strafing.
>>
>>376285495

No because its inferior to the game it was remaking from 15 years ago.
>>
>>376289458
Deadlocked did kind of feel like it could have taken the franchise in another (bad) direction, but the Future trilogy seemed like it was an almost backlash towards it, with going for that Pixar vibe.

Gonna get a little conspiracy theory here, but Tools of Destruction came out in 2007, a year after Sonic 06. How much you wanna bet at least one guy at Insomniac sat in a board room, and flat out side "let's not turn our series into THAT."
>>
>>376290084
Or maybe more realistically, Shadow the Hedgehog? It works just the same, but with more time to influence development.
>>
>>376276758
Why do brainlet repost opinions of youtubers?
>>
>>376290190

You can find youtubers with every kind of opinion on the internet so the logical conclusion of this mindset is to just never talk about video games at all lest someone accidentally has an opinion which overlaps with a youtuber.
>>
>>376290859
>pretending you didn't recently watch the video
>pretending you didn't specifically post this thread because of the video

okay op, you dumb faggot.
>>
>>376290190
Damn, guess I'm not allowed to think that the series has been on a steady decline ever since Tools of Destruction because some dude on Youtube thinks something similar
>>
>>376290948

I'm not OP, but considering other people's opinions isn't a crime. Do you also think it is impossible to have genuine beliefs that overlap with recent youtube videos?
>>
>>376287919
Licensing issues. They no longer have Berguad with them.

I got to talk with them when the movie dropped in Raleigh, and they said they really wanted to make the music like the first game, but due to licensing issues with the musician at the time, they had to start from scratch, and use the new guy.

They did, at least, say they would try to work some kind of deal with him if they ever did a reboot of Going Commando and try to keep planet Boldan in it.
>>
>>376285465
ACiT was when the series started to bomb big time. The last hurrah of the series. It had problems but it was a nice ending to what ToD had setup.

Everything past that has been pure shit. crappy moba, 4player shit game, nexus. The remake.

Oh the fucking remake. Beyond stupid. Let's take a series in Sci-fi and instead of count any number of limitless amazing stories and alien designs let's remake the original game that already got a HD re-release.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3kD_QhYgIA4
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HqUQ-wt6c1c
>>
>>376288967
And the big problem with that is that the ToD guns were seriously fucking disappointing.
>>
File: Kilonoid.jpg (43KB, 287x192px) Image search: [Google]
Kilonoid.jpg
43KB, 287x192px
*follows your path*
>>
>>376294231
Jesus, I know how bad it and the movie slaughtered the story...
but damn, didn't know how badly the remake fucked everything else too.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.