[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saints Row: The Third

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (911KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
911KB, 1920x1080px
How could they have made this better than SR2, or at least a good successor?
>>
>>376271953
they couldn't
>>
Make SR2 but better very thing, there you go.
Reboot when?
>>
>>376271953
actually put effort into it instead of immediately focusing on 4. the day 3 came out they said "yep we're working on four now"

they clearly got too hyped up over their ideas for four and just kinda rushed the ending of this one
>>
Make Dex the main villain.
Make it so Johnny is captured and rescued later in the game instead of being killed and retconning it in the next game.
Keep OG Shaundi.
There. Job done.
>>
Focusing on the "LOLSOWACKY xD" angle was a mistake. For all the ridiculous shit you could do in 2, it at least felt like a believable world with characters who had actual motivations that I gave a shit about. You had a connection to places in the world because of what had transpired there in missions, and hidden shit like the shopping mall was really cool to find.
>>
Less focus on OMGCRAZY shit, it was supposed to be spicing on top of the game, not the main focus. Keeping the story and characters more in line of what 2 had instead of abandoning everything. Making a better city, Steelport was fucking boring.
>>
>>376272460
Yeah, 2 had a great balance of drama and silly stuff. But for some reason Volition thought that only the latter mattered and decided to go full stupid, what a disgrace.
>>
>>376272228
This. It would be great too if they didn't try so hard to make every mission a wacky setpiece. Having the main quest tie in to the side missions was a freakin' mistake.
>>
>>376272228
>retconned Johnny's death
didn't actually play the game did you?
>>
>>376272527
>>376272460
this, the goofiness of sr2 was almost entirely optional if you didn't want it, the main story is just about a violent power-hungry boss who wants pto do whatever the fuck he wants
no missions where one of your lackeys makes you be sold naked and drugged up to a sex slave club to kill everyone with dildo bats and you're somehow okay with this, when in the previous game you made a man kill his own girlfriend with a monster truck because the deal he offered you wasn't QUITE good enough to satisfy your ego
>>
>>376271953
4 fixed everything 3 fucked up for the most part
Although 4 is more fun without super powers.
>>
2>4>3>1

Facts
>>
>>376272990
4 was really fucking boring
>>
>>376272984
>>376272990
I just can't get over it how SR4 just reuses Steelport and on top of that has it in eternal night. I already hated that city in 3, so having it return in 4 was the worst thing possible.
>>
>>376272948
>made a man kill his own girlfriend with a monster truck because the deal he offered you wasn't QUITE good enough to satisfy your ego

It's been like 10 years since I've played 2 but wasn't it because they killed your best friend by dragging him behind a truck?
>>
>>376272905
Yes, you didn't.
>>
>>376272990
The problem with 1 being the worst is that you had to play it to understand a lot of the references and characters in 2 (Troy, Dex, Wong, boat explosion, Ben King, Donnie, Aisha, Tobias, etc.)
>>
>>376273135
well yeah, there was a bit more back and forth between them, but it all started because maero offered the boss an 20/80 split on his shipment and it pissed the boss off
>>
Gat wasn't even going to fucking die, for one, but then they arbitrarily decided that he should actually die and it didn't benefit the game in any way. It's like they forgot to make his death relevant. It's like they wanted a Carlos moment but didn't understand the ramifications (or lack thereof) of putting it at the start of the fucking game. I liked Gat, I wanted to play SR3 alongside this character, but that wasn't gonna happen and nothing worthwhile was substituted.

Total lack of focus hurt the hell out of this game. Was it supposed to be about taking down this new Gat-killing threat? About establishing that after SR2 the Saints had become a big fucking deal? Was it supposed to make me care about Pierce and Shaundi? Maybe be about fucking shit up with guns, cars and explosions? The resounding answer to all of these is "no". The game's about nothing in particular, you bounce around from mission to mission with loads of dissonance and tone-shifting and it never settles into a good feeling game. There are good parts, some memorable shit, but it was never good enough. I still wound up liking it a lot, but it was not the SR2 successor I think everyone, Volition included, really wanted. I know they didn't want to just make SR2.5, but it wouldn't have hurt to calm down and figure out what really mattered most instead of try to cram everything they could think of into SR3 in an attempt to distance themselves from it.
>>
Saints row 3 was bloody brilliant and you are all faggots for hating on it.
>>
File: 1490424305553.jpg (14KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490424305553.jpg
14KB, 480x480px
>>376273127
>he didn't change the in game filter to vintage or love
>>
File: 1493270030988.gif (73KB, 675x227px) Image search: [Google]
1493270030988.gif
73KB, 675x227px
>>376273182
>no u
Alright.
>>
>>376273484
This
>>
>>376273484
My first game was 3 as well, but even I knew it was shit.
>>
>>376271953

I mean, not killing Gat at the start would've helped, and actually FIGHTING the person who killed Gat instead of watching a cutscene where he died would've also helped.

I can't even remember Saints Row 3 beyond the start, the zombies, the hacker dude, the bit at the end where you run to save Shauni and that's about it. Everything else was forgettable or just not fun.
>>
>>376272126
>actually put effort into it instead of immediately focusing on 4. the day 3 came out they said "yep we're working on four now"
no they fucking didn't. 4 was always meant to be a DLC to 3 but they jewed out and decided to make it a full price game and call it a sequel
>>
>>376271953

Remake SR 2
Add more customization options (boats, planes, copters, weapons)
Maybe even a customizable homie so I have a reason to buy chick's outfts when I'm playing a male boss
>>
>>376271953
Keep THQ's dick out of its ass.
Volition actually wanted to do much more with the plot and be more ballsy with the plot. For instance, Cyrus Temple was originally slated to be Killbane's real identity (remember how he freaked the fuck out when the Boss was going to unmask him? And how you never see Cyrus out of his suit in SR3?) and Killbane was going to have cratered Stilwater with a dirty nuke instead of just crashing the funeral. But THQ kept them on a tight leash and forced them to hack the plot to bits in the name of adding more WACKY XD SO EPIC content and the game fell to shit, then 4 had to spend most of its runtime cleaning the shit stain that 3 left on SR canon.
>>
>>376273484
I liked the engine, character and art design, and really liked the soundtrack.
Everything else was dogshit

How they butchered character customization really pissed me off, too. No layered clothing system, no walk styles, no fighting styles. The game didn't even have socks. Imagine wearing a suit in a cutscene and seeing that the character doesn't even have fucking socks on. I wish someone interviewed a design team leader and asked them why there weren't any fucking socks in the game.
>>
>>376273339
for that, Boss put nuclear waste in his tattoo ink

I mean, for fuck's sake
>>
>>376274059
>but they jewed out and decided to make it a full price game and call it a sequel
That only happened because THQ shat the bed right after making SR3 and Volition thought it'd be better to use what was left to try and clean up all the shit 3 started.
Would you rather have a shit game with one good DLC or a decent game with all it's own DLC?
>>
>>376271953
Why does no one ever talk about the fact that SR3 made Shaundi a complete bitch? That alone nearly ruined the game for me. She wasn't in the slightest bit the same character she was in SR2.
>>
>>376272948
The only wacky stuff in SR2 I really remember were the hot dog suit and the druglord for the Haitian gang using a voodoo doll to claim he has immortality.
>>
>>376274637
At least she was hot.
And they threw in some extra character development in 4 to try to fix it.
It isn't all that good, but they tried.
>>
File: 1423916096510.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1423916096510.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
>SR1
>Had Ezzzy 105
>SR2
>Had Ezzzy 105 until Ultor took it down near the end of the game
>SR3
>Didn't have Ezzzy 105
>SR4
>Didn't have Ezzzy 105

Hmm. I think I'm seeing a pattern here.
>>
>>376274857
SR 1 and 2 had Freckle Bitch's
SR 3 and 4 did not
>>
>>376274970
4 had a freckle bitch's uniform though.
>>
File: gambino.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
gambino.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>376274182
>>376274632
i'm glad thq is dead now
>>
>>376275292
But without THQ who will keep making Shrek games?
>>
>>376272990
4 > 3 > 1 > 2

Never really liked 1 or 2 at any point though.
>>
By turning it into a superhero game
>>
>>376275419
>liking 3
>at all
>>
>>376275492
I really liked it actually.

Was more enjoyable in the first two quests than 1 or 2 were the whole game.
>>
>>376271953
>Making actual story missions instead of 90% of them being the side activities from SR2 with bookending cutscenes
>a better or at least equal character creator to SR2's. Your choice of physique was either G.I. Joe, Blowup Doll or a Fat G.I. Joe/Fat Blowup Doll
>Johnny doesn't fucking die
>the main villain doesn't die 3 missions in to be replaced by some lameass luchador
>what's the point of having 3 separate gangs if they're actually just one big gang?
>either give the side characters some actual screentime and development or cut them out
>>
>>376274761
Dirty hippy shaundi is hotter
>>
I only played 3 and 4, so I cannot comment regarding the quality compared to previous entries.

I felt that the game was went on a wacky path due to GTA, since GTAIV onward went with the serious storyline and removed the wacky stuff from SA. So I felt that the game was wacky to contrast the direction of GTA. Ultimately went too wacky for my tastes from 3 to 4 with the whole superpower angle and so.

From what I read here, I feel that the games could've balanced the wacky angle a lot better.
>>
>>376275657
>Fat Blowup Doll
Fine by me.
>>
File: Saints_Row_2_promo.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Saints_Row_2_promo.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>376273484
>You can learn different fighting styles
>Better character creation than SR3
>More customization option
>The city felt life like
>The gangs felt different from each other
> The activities/mini games were creative and fun
>Sex mini game
>Bit a wackiness
>Eating food
>Assassination is god like (unlike in SR3)
>Pedestrians were different from each other (Pot heads, Red necks, gang members, college students, etc)
SR2 is god tier.
>>376275419
You have shit taste senpai fix that
>>
so since you could only be a male in sr1, does that mean in the games beyond it if you pick to be a woman, are you a tranny?
>>
>>376275657
SR3's character gen is dramatically better than 2's. For instance, women that don't look like aliens. The clothing options were a straight downgrade, though, no comparison.
>>
>>376276741
>You have shit taste senpai fix that
Whatever you say kid.
>>
>>376274643
people will often say LOL SEPTIC AVENGER SEE SR2 WAS JUST AS DUMB AS 3 AND 4
but septic avenger made sense in the perspective of the boss's straightforward personality
he's approached to help run a scam where they devalue property so they can buy it cheap and resell it high
so what does he do?
make the area rougher through gang violence? try to do it through taking out people and backstabbing? poison the water or some shit?
no, he does the most brutal, straightforward approach to the task: literally make the properties shit by hijacking a septic truck and coating it all in sewage
completely plays up to his personality of being able to do the most blatantly direct shit and being good enough to get away with it, it wasn't really about the poop joke at all
problem is, voliton saw that people would think that sort of thing was funny and literally interpret it as people wanting crude zany wacky humor rather than the humor of the brazenly straightforward approach
>>
>>376273484
t. Volition

And you guys used to be cool.
>>
>>376277485
>you guys used to be cool.

I gave them more chances than I should have. Volition broke my heart.
>>
So You're just a captured & blank slate minded alien in a simulation reliving the memories of that guy who looked like prince in the trailer? lol. What a fucking joke the new prey game turned out to be. Legit, grow up...
>>
>>376277710
Volition up to and including Red Faction Guerrilla is a totally different entity than the abomination they became afterwards.
>>
>>376271953
Kept all the absurd customization from 2(i.e fighting style walk animation single weapon vs. dual wield) have a mall/ give still-port more character have actual three gangs and not a syndicate or just have more than two anyways make the game less linear and don't over do the obscenity try to balance it out like SR2 did don't change shaundi and have new members be memorable than one off jokes
>>
They just need a straight up hard reboot but they'd have to disguise it as a remaster or else everyone will REEEE.
>>
>>376279753
Technically they're already doing a reboot...
>>
>>376280002
Technically we don't talk about that.
>>
>>376271953
>How could they have made this better than SR2
they did
sorry I know it was a good game but I was only able to play the shit pc port so...
>>
>>376273747
Johnny's death was retconned in SRIV yes. He was a zombie homie in the third game and Loren even says his body will be a reminder to those who fuck with him.
>>
File: 1489459463538.jpg (28KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1489459463538.jpg
28KB, 320x240px
>>376280957
>didn't beat the game
>>
>>376276061
Go to bed, Crafty.
>>
Shit thread, fellas.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.