[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Sony push for FROM to make a Soulsborne exclusive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 4

File: red-vita.jpg (82KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
red-vita.jpg
82KB, 800x600px
Why didn't Sony push for FROM to make a Soulsborne exclusive for Vita?

That would have at least doubled the handheld sales.
>>
2x0=0
>>
>>376268201
changing the system in colors did. i bought the blue vita 2 yrs ago and i have no gaems for it
>>
>>376268262
Reminder Vita outsold WiiU. :)
>>
>>376268201
Dude what if CD Project Red made a Fallout game on the vita with a story like Bioshock! It would easily quadruple the sales 10 fold.
>>
>>376268262
15 million x 2 = 0?

yeah i guess so...huh
>>
>>376268287
are you having a seizure
>>
>>376268201
The only hope we have now for the Vita is the recent development of the CFW scene.
>>
The same reason they didn't push for anything fucking else
They never gave the Vita a chance and by the time any ideas like this might have come up the entire console was written off in favor of PS4
Same answer to every retard still wanting them to release another model
>>
>>376268370
Not really.
>Official Nintendo sales numbers: units sold to actual customers.
>Official Sony sales numbers: units flooding retail stores, regardless of said units being sold or not.
>>
>>376268961
source?
>>
>>376269020
>What is google
I'm not going to spoonfeed you. And even then it's pretty obvious. Why do you think no one scalps Sony consoles?
>>
>>376268370
Only in Japan. Vita has been discontinued and no longer sold in most retailer stores outside of Japan for the majority of the Wii U's life
>>
>>376268201
Not really, considering the exclusive souls game on PS4 selling 2 million, it would have only increased potential sales by that.

If you wanted to increase the Vita's sold you need several games franchises on it that had exclusive games on PSP like FF, MH, etc.
>>
>>376268961
Good luck trying to find a Vita in any store.
Haven't seen one in years.
Funny enough my hacked Vita has gotten a lot more use than my hacked 3DS. Vita has some pretty decent ports from ps3/ps4
>>
>>376269156
I'm serious though. I don't own either console so I'm not trying to shill, just genuinely curious.

Its hard to find solid Vita data other than what I see on the "best selling consoles" wikipedia.
>>
>>376269156
>says thing
>proof?
>LOL I DON'T HAVE PROOF XDD GOOOGLE ITTT

really makes me think
>>
>>376269156

this is a strange day to see a wii u fan grow defensive
or to see a wii u fan at all
>>
>>376269163
He's talking about sales, not availability.
That's even worse given how a discontinued consoles still sold more than the WiiU.
>>
>>376269163
>Only in Japan

Global sales of Vita > Global sales of Wii U though
>>
>>376269156
Because Sony doesn't restrict supply on purpose
>>
>>376268201
It wouldn't have made any difference. If Sony had to moneyhat a souls game exclusively for the Vita it would have not been made by Miyazaki. It would have been Souls-in-name-only and made by some B-unit team and turn out much like that CoD game. They wouldn't have been able to get a version of their engine running on Vita's shitty 2011 smartphone hardware anyways. It would have been a 20fps sub-standard def resolution game with shitty geometry and textures and it would not have been fun to play.
>>
>>376269256
>Vita has some pretty decent ports from ps3/ps4

what? elaborate
>>
>>376268370
>outselling a dead console is supposed to be an achievement

sonyfags are delusional
>>
File: die.jpg (53KB, 295x378px) Image search: [Google]
die.jpg
53KB, 295x378px
>>376268370
>b-but Nintendo!!!

lmao sonybros
>>
>>376268720
no, its a nice color after all but still IT HAS NO GAMES! ={
>>
>>376269717

>A handheld abandoned in its second year outsold a home console supported by 1st party titles up until 2017

nintenbros are pathetic
>>
>>376269506
>Because Sony doesn't restrict supply on purpose
Then why did they launch PS4 in Japan over four months after they did in the US and Europe? You couldn't easily find a PS4 in stores until March or April 2014.

This myth that Nintendo purposely restricts supply needs to die. They are shipping everything they make and it's selling out. And for the retards out there who think it's only selling out because of scalpers, scalpers don't buy games and the games are selling very well. Scalpers also don't sit on inventory. The switch is a legit success. I realize you feel threatened by this but I don't understand why. Did Nintendo kill your dog?
>>
>>376268201
Soul Sacrifice/Delta was better than any of that FromSoft trash already. It's not Sony's fault that people have poor taste.
>>
>>376268201
Have you actually used one?
Everything about the controls feels like absolute garbage.
>>
>>376269601
List is too long
But a lot of indies and AAA games that came out for PS3 and PS4 got ported to the Vita.
All of Vanillaware games are availble for Vita.
The attack on titan game is also on Vita.
A lot of PS2 collections were in PS3 and Vita
MGS and FFX remasters were in Vita.
And like 40% of PS3 indies were in Vita
Also a ton of VNs and RGS for weeabos and some pretty decent western first parties.
Pretty good system if you like free games and portability.
>>
>>376270096
They're afraid and angry because the Switch is curbstomping the PS4, and once the entire 2017-2018 game lineup drops people will discard their PS4 in droves.

A natural feeling when you bet to the wrong horse.
>>
>>376270290

I'm unironically hoping people do this because I want a Ps4 but don't want to spend more than $74
>>
>>376270251
actually thats pretty dope. that right there is worth it for me. I haven't owned a console since 2008 but I wanted a capable handheld. It sounds like with upcoming CFW and things like Moonlight, Vita is worth it.
>>
>>376270527

Don't forget it's getting the new Vanillaware game too
>>
>>376268630
The game would cost 15 million?
>>
>>376268201

Sony in general seemed to have very little interest in Vita succeeding for some reason.
>>
>>376270620
15 million console sales
>>
>>376268201
Because by the time FROM was done with Bloodborne, Sony had given up on the Vita.

>There are still people on /v/ who think Sony will make a new portable
>>
>>376270770

It isn't too surprising with all the rumors and job listings running around by Sony for software devs to make apps for a new handheld
>>
>>376270954
>>376270770
I read the other day Sony has a patent on a new handheld/home console hybrid.
>>
>>376270954
The job listing was for an AR cardgame tablet thing that got revealed last week. Business-wise I just don't think it makes sense for Sony to bother with the contracting handheld market unless they have some killer crazy idea.

>>376271046
I'm sure they, like most other major electronics companies, have lots of patents. Unfortunately that doesn't actually mean they'll make the things they patent.
>>
>>376271475
>>376271046
>>376270954
>>376270770
Cell phones literally killed the handheld market.
>>
>>376268201

Why didn't your father push for your mom to get an abortion while she still had the chance?
>>
>>376271475
>The job listing was for an AR cardgame tablet thing
But it literally wasn't.
It was for a multitude of things, as the job listing was for a permanent member, with the tablet thing and the portable gaming console being separate listings.
I mean, I know you hate the possibility but no need to spout shit from your ass like that
>>
>>376271707
Got a link?

The tablet listing was interesting because IIRC it was for new hardware.
>>
>>376271576
Pretty much
Even if most mobile software is utter garbage, that large audience of normies was crucial to sales with today's massive budgets
Maybe they'll try and pull something like the Switch with handheld or wireless play but it won't be until they're replacing the PS4
>>
File: IMG_1813.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1813.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>376268201
But anon, I can already play das3 and bloodborne on me vita with remote play with all of the buttons functioning and no shitty back touch pad bullshit.
>>
>>376272607
but do those buttons actually work consistently
I can't tell if the shitty press registration is the touch screen itself or my hands and where I'm putting them
>>
>>376268201
Because Sony isn't retarded, no one was going to buy a handheld for a Souls game. FromSoft can't even make a game run smoothly on the PS4/One so there's no way they'd do anything good with the Vita.
>>
>>376270152
Finished Delta storyline today (Or so i tough).
This is the kind of game who makes you feel kinda bad for be in the vita. It's so good, and few people will get to play it.

Sadly, it can't even become a cult-classic, because of being hidden in the vita hardware. I hope it gets a sequel later, not a continuation, but the setting of the game is just great.
>>
>>376268201
you virgins overestimate how many people care about that shitty series
>>
>>376268201
>That would have at least doubled the handheld sales
Bloodborne sold 2 million on the PS4, the big console of the generation. Not bad numbers, and it's probably something like 3 million now, but if you think that's going to translate into double Vita sales, you're retarded.

Not to mention FROM can barely optimize for living room console hardware. What sort of mess do you think a portable one would be like?
>>
Yes, suddenly people could have bought 15 million copies of a Souls game AND a Vita.
>>
Sony should have just paid to keep Monster Hunter Vita exclusive
>>
>>376275436
That would've actually made a difference. They'd need to beat Nintendo's offer, though.
>>
File: IMG_1814.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1814.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>376273267
The buttons work fine. Makes remote play actually functional.
>>
>>376271576
>mobile meme

If that were true the 3ds and switch would be failing but they're not. Its the same arugument pirates make. It's not lost sales because the people playing candy crush were never going to buy a dedicated gaming console in the first place.
>>
I just bought a red Vita...theres a handful of games I'm interested in but I'm mostly hoping the CFW scene takes off.
>>
>>376277212
the 3DS sold half as much as the DS and its library is even smaller proportionally
the mobile market contracted immensely, Sony just suffered more losses for it
Switch is marketed half as a home console with games that would've gone to the Wii U otherwise
>>
>>376277643
handheld market contracted, I mean
there were all sorts of cheap/gimmicky/kiddie/shovelware games being made for the DS that are no longer justifiable when mobile gaming exists, and the people who bought a dedicated gaming device for that novelty already own the alternative now
>>
>>376268370

That's not much of an accomplishment anon. It's like saying your platform selling more than Virtual Boy means it's a success.
>>
HEY GUYS ITS AUTISM.
>>
>>376268201
my vita has been my favorite purchase this gen. Probably getting a second one for emulation.
>>
>Yoko Taro wanted to make the Nier sequel for the Vita
>Ken Levine wanted to make a Bioshock game on Vita

There were well known devs out there that wanted to support Vita. Why was Sony so idiotic about supporting it?
>>
>>376278892
wtf why didnt this come through reeeeeeee
>>
>>376275602
Simple. You let Capcom do a Vita and a PS3/4 release

Vita sales go through the roof in Japan. If they dont in the US capcom still has the console version to fall back on

And the best part Capcom gets a functional store to sell DLC on whichh is something Nintendo never had. Theres no way whatever Nintendo paid for exclusivity could beat the amount Capcom could have made selling DLC to the jap audience who snort monster hunter like cocaine
>>
>>376277970

Well, the DS was a freak success. No handheld could ever really do quite as well as it did, even if the cell phone game market didn't explode like it did. Much like no console could ever do quite as good as PS2, and no Nintendo console could ever do as good as the Wii. They were special cases.

Like you said, it had gimmicks that attracted consumers. It's true that the mobile market contracted, but it's also true that 3DS's gimmick just doesn't grab the public quite like DS's did. 3D just isn't that special in this day and age. Hence why Nintendo offered cheaper options without the 3D.

I'm not convinced the handheld market is completely dead. Smaller, but not dead.
>>
>would have doubled the handheld sales
You're implying Bloodborne is what pushed the PS4 sales, which is incorrect. The PS4 is either used by fullblown normies or weeaboos, the latter is the lowest fraction of owners of the PS4, as sales for re-hashed, yearly games like Spots and CoD continue to sell, at least, twice as much other PS4 exclusives.
>>
>>376269601
Mostly indie titles and some weeb VNs/JRPGs.

t. Vita owner who rarely plays anything made in Japan.

t. Vita owner with a lot of dust on her vita
>>
>>376275602

If they didn't piss off Capcom, they could have kept it. But there was more to 3DS's success than simply having Monster Hunter. It consistently gets other games that sell like crack, such as Pokemon. Vita needed more than Neptunia, Miku and Monster Hunter, that just doesn't mean much to most people.
>>
>>376270096
>This myth that Nintendo purposely restricts supply needs to die
>couldn't find nes classic for months after holiday season is over
>roll to April
>Nintendo : H-Hey Nes classic is discontinued, enjoy these last mins units we are putting out
>retailers would get around 1 to 4 max

Yeah man, this myth sure needs to die.
>>
>>376280021

They're discontinuing it because they don't need NES classic anymore. It was there to fill in the sales gap for Wii U. Now that Switch is a confirmed success, they're axing it.
>>
>>376279178
>If they dont in the US capcom still has the console version to fall back on
Pretty sure that wouldn't make up for it, MH has never sold amazingly either on consoles or in the West.

Plus it would've cost more to make passable PS3/PS4 versions.

>Theres no way whatever Nintendo paid for exclusivity could beat the amount Capcom could have made
Clearly Capcom disagreed.
>>
haha nintendofats it stoll sold more than the wii u

i don't even have nor want a vita but ur nintenfat tears are delicious
>>
haha it sold more than the wii u
>>
>>376268201
The handheld isn't bad, the vita games are bad
>>
>>376279712
>her
>>
These things are still too fucking expensive.
>>
>>376279312
The DS was extraordinarily successful but the PSP still sold half as many units. And now the 3DS is around that number while the Vita trails, meaning we can guess the market is a little over a third of what it was last generation. It's a lot smaller, and while something like the 3DS can still succeed by marketing to all ages it does give Sony a lot less incentive to commit fully to a handheld. That's why I think we'll only see hybrids from now on, likely once the PS4 reaches the end of its lifespan.
>>
>>376268201
>redditors making 5 threads about bloodborn baiting for replies
>fucking no mods ban this faggots shitting up the board
>>
Wasn't the Vita pretty expensive to develop for since it was fairly powerful making the profit margins pretty shit for AAA developers?
>>
>>376282135
what?
>>
Based on the numbers Sony's first party games don't sell their systems, third parties do, a Souls game for PSvita would have brought in at absolute most 2 million consumers, but that's assuming that not a single person interested in that game brought a Vita, realistically it would have brought in less than 500,000 new Vita sales

Vita is shit
Sony is shit
the second Sony leaves the industry it will change for the better.
>>
>>376282135
take your meds, anon
>>
PS4P coming 2019
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.