[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Nintendo the "home-cooked meal" of video gaming?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

They honestly feel more like family than a corporation. And before you say "video game companies are not your friend" keep in mind that I've only had extremely positive interactions with customer service throughout my life...
>>
>>376262440
Kys
>>
File: 1493794691662.jpg (36KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493794691662.jpg
36KB, 600x600px
>>376262440
they're still jewing you out of your money with an overpriced tablet and shitty games
>>
>keep in mind that I've only had extremely positive interactions with customer service throughout my life
Trying too hard on your bait.
>>
>>376262440
youre right. nintendo is perfect. next thread, please
>>
>>376262481
>>376262657
>>376262739
Hmm these aren't arguments. Oh well, I guess you really can't have intellectual, reasoned discussions on /v/. That's ok. I'll keep posting here.
>>
>>376262440
Family would let me download the virtual console games I already purchased for old hardware on new hardware.

>B-but muh piracy
How much of the user base across 3DS and Wii U bothered with that? A few thousand out of millions.
>>
>>376262440
>They honestly feel more like family than a corporation.
They are literally non-stop being shitty businessmen and women.
>Constant reiterations on handheld consoles
>Actively encouraging censoring of games going to their consoles
>Home consoles with a built in gimmick for over a decade
By "gimmick" I of course mean waggling motion controls, the gamepad, and now the 3 hour battery life portable "home console". In what fucking way is this company "more like family than a corporation"?
>>
>>376262440
The most Jewish game company can not be home cooked meal tier.
>>
>>376262440
>>376262440
If home cooked meals constantly threatened to litigate other meals for sharing ingredients.
>>
>>376262440
thank you for bumping off a thread with your quality verbal fellation!
They've never been pro-consumer. They don't reduce prices on their games, they have incredibly expensive accessories, and an online service that tries to get you to pay for the same virtual console game twice- soon, three times.
>>
File: pro_controller.jpg (29KB, 554x369px) Image search: [Google]
pro_controller.jpg
29KB, 554x369px
What kind of shitty parents make you pay for the silverware?
>>
>>376262874
You'll get better at it one day. Subtlety is key.
>>
>>376262440
Nintendo is more like the "chain restaurant that tries to sell itself as a family restaurant, but all the meals are cooked under a heat lamp" of gaming.
>>
They're the most mass of mass appeal.

Nintendo are mcdonalds.
>>
>>376262970
>businessmen and women.
Stopped reading here. Try not inserting gay feminist grammar into your post next time
>>
>>376263339
Must be sad being this retarded.
>>
>>376263068
>Nintendo is big business bc I autistically keep buying the same game.
Uhh dont... do that? Or maybe take a break from the original mario bros?
>>
File: 1493005205406.jpg (8KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
1493005205406.jpg
8KB, 223x226px
>>376262440
>contact nintendo support over email
>wait a day no response
>contact again
>wait another day
>finally get a response saying that they aren't using the email address anymore and to use the online web applet to contact them
>go to online web applet and resubmit everything even though this is exactly what I did in the first plays a couple days prior
>immediately get an auto-response email saying my question was submitted
>its the same fucking address that just told me they aren't using anymore
ye no, Nintendo support absolutely fucking dissolved off the face of the earth after the Switch launched.

Nice try though, OP.
>>
>>376263461
Heres your you, hope it was worth it. Thats the last response you get from me. Back to neogaf, thread shitter
>>
File: 3a1.jpg (97KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
3a1.jpg
97KB, 1200x675px
Nintendo is the Sega Dreamcast of the gaming industry.
>>
>>376263651
>D-d-d-d-duh feminists and gays
The only Neogaf I've ever seen were shitty screencaps in /v/ catalogs. Go back to /pol/, and stay off /v/ forever.
>>
>>376262739
Nintendo CS' reputation spurs out of their gameplay helpline. There's a generation of people who called up, wasting parental money, to have a radical dude give them the hottest tips.

I called up for a joycon issue (the right one, surprisingly), and that same general culture of 'fun loving' shit remains. It's a somewhat unique experience, and it's those sorts of quirks that make autists sing their praises.
>>
>>376262874
His argument is that it's too much money for what you're getting
>>
>>376263804
Not him but fuck off with the politics baiting. You're really annoying even in a troll thread. Enjoy redd.it
>>
More like Arby's

They've been around forever, but everyone hates them and you can't figure out how they stay in business
>>
>>376264042
>Politics baiting
My original post had nothing to do with politics. He was the one inserting anything to do with it. Jesus, this board has really gone to shit lately.
>>
>>376264042
The response was the bait. Ignoring that because you disagree with the first guy doesn't change the fact.

What do you want, an echo chamber?
>>
>>376264147
>he's still going
Let it go. If you literally can't discuss video games without constantly talking about what an enlightened liberal you are, you really don't belong here.

Please fuck off and stop responding. You're not winning hearts and minds here. It's just fucking pathetic. And spare everyone the "this board's gone too shit" spiel. It just screams neofaggot.
>>
File: my-own-combo-plate.jpg (27KB, 335x450px) Image search: [Google]
my-own-combo-plate.jpg
27KB, 335x450px
Homemade meals are gay. Who is the chinese buffet of games?
>>
>>376264334
i only see one person in this thread still talking about politics like five posts later. or is that two now?
>>
>>376262440

Yeah that's exactly what Reggie the Pizza Hut nigger wants you to believe. Nintendo is a business run by a bunch of Japanese accountants and their sole interest is increasing their paychecks from the money you give them. They're not any different than say a bank, or a car insurance company, or Nike.
>>
>>376264552
Wrong on all accounts...
>>
File: project-am2rs-homepage.jpg (57KB, 650x498px) Image search: [Google]
project-am2rs-homepage.jpg
57KB, 650x498px
>>376262440
>>
>>376264850
Maybe he meant like a mafia family.
>>
>>376264552
Yeah man, f*ck society am I right?????
>>
>>376264850
>it's ok to steal from family
what did he mean by this
>>
>>376265062
>Nintendo
>society

Went pretty hard on the antifa kool aid there eh anon?
>>
>>376265182
Where, in the fuck, did I ever imply that?
>>
>>376262440

Kill yourself shill, but first cut your balls off, if you have any.
>>
>>376265260
here >>376265062
>>
>>376262874
This is some good autismos
>>
>>376265091
We're not even talking about family. Other companies like Sega and Konami have welcomed fan projects. Fuck, even old Nintendo did. That died with Iwata.

Nintendo just isn't the same company anymore. They've become worse than Disney when it comes to being cold-hearted. I just assume OP is baiting because it's obvious to everyone
>>
>>376264447
Chinese buffets are for fat people, poor people, and blacks. You get objectively poor quality food compared to Chinese take out
>>
>>376265673
What if the restaurant offers the same exact thing for take out and the buffet? Not to mention given the prices I don't see how it could be for poor people. It's fucking 9.99
>>
>>376265453
Man, you're dumb.
>>
>>376265998
It's not prepared to order. It's prepared to sit out at a buffet while fat people shuffle through it and breathe on it. Yeah you might get something fresh out of the kitchen every now and then but even then because of the all you can eat nature it's cheaper quality "Chinese buffet" food. Even the ones that have crab legs have awful reject bulk crab legs.

Also it's 2017, even Taco Bell costs $10 or more to buy a meal and an extra taco. Poor people eat at Chinese buffets and bring big ziplock bags and fill them up when the Chinks aren't looking.
>>
Nintendo is the grandma who made the best dinners but now she's old and decript and crabby whenever you visit the family ends up just having shitty frozen meals, okay take out, or your aunt cooks, but in the blue moon she has enough clarity and energy to cook it's still great
>>
>>376265606
>That died with Iwata.
Iwata didn't work for NoA when he died, retard.

God, how long is it going to take you people to understand this? Nintendo of AMERICA is a fucking shit garbage company. Nintendo, full stop, is an incredible company. Traditionally, when people are talking about Nintendo, they aren't specifically talking about the American branch, because the American branch doesn't fucking make games, they don't make consoles, all NoA does is localize and market and handle copyright.

Seriously, how fucking hard is this to understand? Nintendo is a great company. Nintendo of America is a terrible company. All of your complaints are about Nintendo of America, not Nintendo.
>>
>>376266397
>Also it's 2017, even Taco Bell costs $10 or more to buy a meal and an extra taco.
Taco bell has shit for 1 dollar at breakfast. You can eat two for a meal for 2 bux
>>
>>376266549
Iwata actually was in charge of NoA as well as NoJ prior to his death as of a few years before.

Also personally my issues with Nintendo are not localization or fangame drama but that NoJ just doesn't make good games much anymore. Not to mention the many awful business practices that are just as awful on both sides of the pond.
>>
>>376265673
Nice identity politics
>>
>>376266549
>Nintendo, full stop, is an incredible company.
Eh.
>>
>>376266890
>NoJ just doesn't make good games much anymore
Are you implying NoA does?
>>
>>376262440
I talk to nintendo support more than my grandma, I dont know how I get myself locked out of my pokemon bank so often....
>>
food analogies everywhere
>>
>>376262657
How much is an Nvidia Shield?

Plus the Joycons?

I don't think 300 is that overpriced, actually.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.