[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to start this right now. Any tips or stuff to keep in mind?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: Final_Fantasy_8_ntsc-front.jpg (182KB, 856x800px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_8_ntsc-front.jpg
182KB, 856x800px
Going to start this right now. Any tips or stuff to keep in mind?
>>
>>376259648
Save all immunity items if you want to beat secret boss that spams 9999 hits.
>>
Learn how to turn cards into spells if you want to break the game.
>>
Don't grind
>>
expect weird pacing and shit
>>
Pay attention to the junction/GF tutorials, it's very unique and a lot of things are easy to overlook

Teach your GFs the magic RF skills asap

Don't let the great worldbuilding in the first disk fool you into thinking there's a decent story ahead; it wastes its potential and goes to shit very soon after that
>>
File: 1488249156053.jpg (35KB, 837x736px) Image search: [Google]
1488249156053.jpg
35KB, 837x736px
>>376259648
>be me
>lazy as fuck about learning battle systems in jrpgs
>game encourages you to use GFs, even the in-game characters
>they even work GF spamming into the storyline
>literally use it the entire game because attacks are weak af
>it works all the way up to the final boss
>impossible to win with GFs, and way too weak to beat it the conventional way
>look up ending on yt
>consider it beaten
>>
>>376259648
Unlock the abilities for refining magic out of items for your GFs, it's much better than drawing magic out of enemy
Also get the Card Mod ability from Quetzacoatl, it lets you transform cards into items and then make magic out of these items
Check what Draw you can get from bosses, some GFs are acquire this way
Squall is a cool name, don't rename him
Selphie is best girl, you owe it to yourself to keep her in the party
>>
turn up the volume for one of the best soundtracks in the series and in general
>>
run away as much as possible to avoid exp, the enemies have level scaling
if you let them level up, fights will take fucking forever unless you're really optimizing your stats
>>
>>376259648
Play triple triad in balamb garden for 300 hours. Commit suicide. Wake up in balamb garden.
>>
>>376260495
Transforming enemies into cards prevents you from getting EXP but still gives AP to GFs
>>
>>376259648
DO NOT spread the random rule
RELOAD if it spreads
>>
File: 1492574296139.jpg (29KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1492574296139.jpg
29KB, 400x267px
>>376260945
Fuck
So many repressed memories
>>
>>376260945
>>376261042
Explain?
>>
File: 1424352062251.jpg (114KB, 579x570px) Image search: [Google]
1424352062251.jpg
114KB, 579x570px
>>376260069
are you me ? but i used cheat for final boss
Fuck ultima
>>
>>376261381
either do as he says

or don't; and learn why,
>>
>>376261575
are you serious? The game is piss-easy. Literally just stay at low hp and use limits. If you want it even easier, just use aura instead. Put on auto-life too if you're really gay
>>
>>376259648
Get a good playlist going or find a video to watch in the background, walk around outside, and prepare for hours of farming magic to junction.
>>
>>376259648
>If you want to get a jump on the early game, get some fish fins from the fish at the beach near Balamb (you need 5 I believe).
>Get card-rf from one of your GF's in their skills, and convert the 5 fins into 100 water magics. >Junction them to strength on Squall.
>GG
>>
>>376259648
Grind as much as you possibly can right at the beginning of the game.

This isn't like other games were you need an exponential amount of EXP to get to next level. The amount is always 1000.

Don't start the game until you are A LEAST LV70, preferrably LV100 if you want to get the most out of the game.
>>
>>376260069
Same thing happened to me.

You can spam GF's for the entire game leading up to the 4th disc. And then you get that fight where using them kills Rinoa so you are just stuck inside the castle with no way to leave. Its so fucked.
>>
>>3762
>consider it beaten
I fucking hate people like you. Not it isn't fucking beaten. The final part of the game is the hardest. If you beaten 90% of a game and skipped the rest you did not fucking beat the game.
>>
>>376262854
(you)
>>
Throw it in the trash.

Garbage boring game with a garbage boring story.
>>
>>376259648

Don't break the game. Just play it normally.

Also there are summons that you can only draw from certain places/bosses. Get a guide cause man is it rage worthy to miss a GF you want only cause it's on disc 1.

Get a savefile before the dance so you can re-watch whenever you want.
>>
>>376263442
>Get a savefile before the dance so you can re-watch whenever you want.

Fag.
>>
File: 1350018688772.jpg (49KB, 650x728px) Image search: [Google]
1350018688772.jpg
49KB, 650x728px
>>376259648
save your game before you use the item Magic Lamp. You'll thank me later

learn how to abuse Elem-Attk-J and Status-Attk-J....if you played ff7 its the same mechanics as using the Elemental and Added Effect materia, except this time they made it actually not suck balls and enemies have several status vulns (blind, sleep, stop, etc)
>>
>>376263442

Chad.
>>
>>376259648
keep level low. That's the #1 thing.
>>
>>376260069
maximum pleb
>>
>>376263442

ahha what a fag.
>>
>>376260597
This. Walked out of there swole as fuck after 10 hours
>>
Go into your menu and make good use of the GF ability section. You can train your GF in certain abilities like turning cards into items.

Its so fucking helpful. For all your basic attacking summons like Ifrit and Shiva have them learn 'boost' first so you can mash SELECT + SQUARE and boost how much damage they do.
>>
>>376259648
here we go op,
get sired, get card mod (first 3 hours of gamplay) runaway from everything. Get diablo, fight fish on the beach and kill them via card mod, gain enough xp for encounter none. Equiped it, get spells from learning refine from item skills, do this to get magic use draw very little if at all. Also enemies that can't be carded can be petrfied for 0ap/xp

Notable draw enemies,
Odin: Triple, till everyone has 100.
Ultimate Weapon: end of game, for 100 ultimes on everyone.
Biggs Wedge, mid game at prison for haste/stop, I think?

All other good spells you can get from turning cards into items, also very early on look for windmills to turn into tornadoes, strap that to you magic stat because magic stat increases draw power for boss fights where you are grabbing magic.
>>
>>376263606

Your miss imbecile.
>>
>>376264252
>strap that to you magic stat because magic stat increases draw power for boss fights where you are grabbing magic.
Wait, what
>>
>>376264445
high magic=9 draw every time.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.