[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game as good as people crack it up to be?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

File: visual_main.jpg (384KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
visual_main.jpg
384KB, 1920x1080px
Is this game as good as people crack it up to be?
>>
Have you played DayZ?
It's that except killing each other is actually the point.
>>
>>376256167
Yeah. I've seen game play of this game. So...its H1Z1 King of the Kill basically?
>>
>>376256167
and it fixes the whole lategame problem of DayZ, it is wonderful
>>
>>376256326
>>376256167

DayZ is much better than this garbage.

DayZ is an actual simulation with real ballistics and non-enforced player-encounters.
You can play however you want - in PUBG you need to kill.
>>
>>376256415
>playing Dayz without the objective of killing people
That's like hiring a prostitute and talking for hours without fucking, boring as fuck
>>
>>376256415
what if people play this shit not for the realism
>>
>>376256415
Technically you only need to kill one person in PUBG, depending on the gametype.
Actually that's how I've won most of my games, just lay low and let everyone shoot eachother and only kill if someone spots you
>>
>>376255537
People made this game out to be good? I thought it looked awful, even with all the twitch shills playing it
>>376256321
Literally the exact same, yes. I can't understand why so many people bought it, pretty much the same group of players that played h1z1 got this too even though it is the same game
>>
>>376257572
thats my reliable way to get into top 5 every time.
>>
>>376255537
>Is this game as good as people crack it up to be?

No idea

But somehow it managed to be TOP seller since it was released
>>
>>376256167
why the fuck do people keep saying this, DayZ is a fucking zombie survival game with crafting and PUBG is a battle royale game, they're both shitty but they're not similar
>>
>>376257753
games are short, like 30 mins long. It's arcade like, so its easy to pick up. only problem is optimization and server desync
>>
>>376257572

>just lay low and let everyone shoot eachother and only kill if someone spots you

WOW AWESOME GAME

that is literally DayZ for bitch ass pussy niggas who can't handle permadeath and realistic engagements out of nowhere
>>
>>376258012
cool blog post where can I subscribe for more
>>
>>376255537
the progression is fun, but everything else is fucking garbage.

>garbage servers
>garbage movement
>garbage hitboxes and damage models
>garbage physics in vehicles

wait until they fix it to play it.
>>
>>376257989
I mean, they're definitely similar, maybe you were thinking of a different word.
>>
>>376258198
The vehicle physics is half the fun
i agree that all those other things need work but polishing the game too much would cause it to lose some of its charm.
>>
>>376255537
>people
Shills aren't people, anon
>>
>>376256321
Yeah, It's a shitty version of KOTK currently, but it has way more potential since it has a large variety of weapons and attachments. I used to think KOTK had terrible optimization and netcode, then I played this game.
>>
>>376258698
>KOTK shills are this deluded.

There's a reason kotk had to go on desperation sale not to hemorrhage player numbers.
>>
>>376258560
I don't see how they're similar apart from having to find your guns and that you kill people. And there's vehicles with exceptionally shitty physics too, I guess.
>>
>finally cave into the shills and buy the game while thinking /v/ is just being contrarian again
>game runs pretty shit but at least i got a match really fast
>crash
>oh well its early access what are you gonna do
>load up another a match
>enter first building and find a ump45
>See someone outside
>right before i shoot him he gets sniped from the treeline
>Sneak around for about a 15 without seeing one other person
>finally find someone
>right before i kill him the game crashes and refused to open
Luckily i had only a hour and 47 minutes so i quickly refunded it
fucking shills
>>
>>376258198
I'm honestly surprised it's not way worse in terms of stability considering the size of the map, the number of players, how new the game is, and the small size of the team.
>>
>>376259278
Works on my machine.
>>
>>376257572
I've seen a game where the winner has 0 kills.

What happened was that there were 3 players, 1 was laying low while the other 2 died at the same time.

You can be a pacifist in a battle royale game, and that's pretty cool.
>>
It's a broken shitty mess but it's pretty fun with 3 friends.
>>
File: Kapkan killyourself.png (190KB, 854x476px) Image search: [Google]
Kapkan killyourself.png
190KB, 854x476px
>>376259664
arent you a top memer
>>
games gr8 by yourself or with friends

goty easily
>>
>>376258012
>bitch ass pussy niggas
>bitch ass
>pussy niggas
>niggas
I'm sorry sir but you need to be over 18
>>
>>376256321
It is somewhere between KOTK and ARMA 3 Battle Royale (no surprise, PLAYERUNKNOWN was making both of them). It is less arcadey than KOTK but less hardcore than A3 BR.
>>
>>376255537
It's a pvp focused game taking place in one of the ugliest most derivative worlds ever designed for a video game. So take a guess.
>>
>>376258884
KOTK has been on sale multiple times in the past 2 years. It's not really unusual for any game.

Matter of fact, it's only been getting more popular as time goes on: http://steamcharts.com/app/433850

I guess you're the one that's deluded since you're resorting to spreading lies.
>>
>>376259278

Might want to take that money you saved and upgrade your toaster, sounds like it kind of sucks....
>>
>>376259278
>Buys early access
>game crashes twice
>ffffffffffffff stupid game
>shills shills shills reeeeeee
>game runs poorly because clearly its not my toaster's fault

Sorry m9 runs perfectly fine for me, ask mum to buy you a better pc
>>
>>376263689
>get mad at someone on the internet rightfully using his constitutional rights to not get fucked over
lol
>>
>>376255537
why do people keep buying games like this
its generic early access streamer bait arena shooter surival. go play the culling if you want to play this type of game, you dont need to buy the same game 4-5 times.
>>
>>376263908
>constitutional rights

Jesus christ
>>
>>376255537
Fun in theory.

High latency players ruin the experience tho.

Also poorly optimized.
>>
>>376264061
Culling fell hard on it's head and was never the same, its a shame too because it did well and was the only good BR standalone game

that is until PUBG came along :^)
>>
Oh great another game that is

>open world
>third person
>online multiplayer
>early access
>survival
>empty
>shit community
>will never be actually finished

Where have I seen this before?
>>
>>376263908
What constitutional right was used anon? Freedom of speech?
Also which constitution are we talking about?
>>
>>376256415
Yeah you said it man. Now pass me that Crack pipe
>>
>>376256665
This
>>
>>376255537
the cover art for it is pretty cool so I'll give it that
>>
>>376264565
>no microtranscation or DLC yet
>>
One of the reasons why dayZ was gold was because you could talk to other players. The interactions in battlegrounds range from funny to downright serious. It's a thrilling game that hits that sweet spot of social experiment style gameplay. You are forced to communicate to succeed with other players, be it solo, duo, or squad.
>>
>>376255537
No.
>>
>>376264953
However, there are sometimes autistic sperglords who just shout "nigger nigger nigger" over and over in the lobby. Once you drop out of the plane, people are less autistic because they are trying to survive.
>>
>>376264086
They need to do what they did with BF1 and disable lag comp for players at 100ms over higher.
>>
>>376264565
How do you people think games work? I've gotten roughly 70 hours out of PUBG and enjoyed them. It may not last for another 2 years, I admit that, but I've more than gotten my money's worth.

If your claim is that people shouldn't enjoy this game for whatever reason, ok. But there always seems to be this though that it will be replaced. But if that's the case, it has nothing to do with what playing it while it was alive was like.
>>
>>376264953
What are ya talking about? I call people trash over the mic all the time in this game.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.