[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a Wii U Is it worth it to hack?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: hero-1.jpg (47KB, 652x370px) Image search: [Google]
hero-1.jpg
47KB, 652x370px
This is a Wii U

Is it worth it to hack?
>>
>>376238289
It has a great library and you can play all Gamecube+Wii games on it flawlessly.
>>
>>376238289
Wii U has replaced Wii as the definitive Nintendo homebrew device, its backwards compatible with Wii and Gamecube and can emulate every other Nintendo system except the 3DS.
>>
>>376239387
DS can be emulated on it?
>>
No, nothing worth playing, emulate with cemu to play mk8 (if you have irl friends) and botw and then you're done with that terrible console.
>>
>>376239868
Yes. There's DS games on the virtual console and you can inject ones that aren't available on it
>>
>>376238426
The Wii u plays gamecube games?
>>
If I have 32GB Wii U, is it absolutely necessary that I have a 64GB SD card handy to hack it?
>>
>>376239868
Yes.
>>
Thinking about doing it myself. Is it safe to buy any used one or do I have to watch out for firmware?
>>
>>376240292
you install games on the wii u with the sd card, so a big cards better if you want to install multiple games at a time
>>
>>376240413
Last I saw, the latest firmware was hackable.
>>
>>376240209
Yes. The Wii U's Wii mode, or vWii, has all the same functions of a normal Wii, including the ability to play GC games. You just need a homebrew app and the hardware can natively play GC isos from an SD card
>>
>>376240292
No, that's only if you want to use redNAND. You absolutely don't need to use it. Any size SD card is fine. However, if you want to pirate Xenoblade X, Bayonetta, or Bayonetta 2, you need at least a 32 GB SD card. If you are not interested in those games, a 16 GB SD card works.
>>
>>376240413
You can do it on the latest firmware, the last update was like 18 months ago.
>>
>>376240594
>>376240549
I'm prepared to put 128GB in the thing eventually, just I wanted to know if I needed a big card up front to get the hack working. Thanks.
>>
File: 1474004043148.jpg (12KB, 320x217px) Image search: [Google]
1474004043148.jpg
12KB, 320x217px
/hbg/ doesn't give me help
>follow guide in pastebin through installing rednand, not knowing it wasn't needed
>want rednand off because it eats up like half the SD card
>find the invisible section housing the NAND and wipe it.
>reload the backup of the SD before I installed rednand
>enter haxchi
>-4 pops up on the screen
>try doing this with the backup I made after rednand installation and same thing
Is the best thing to do just start from square 1 and uninstall-reinstall haxchi and shit?
>>
>>376240903
I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what could be causing it but I'd just delete it all and start over with installing haxchi
>>
>>376241665
This. Just start over from scratch.
>>
Are there any homebrew apps to get a USB SNES or N64 controller working with a Wii U for VC games?
>>
Do I really need a 32GB SD Card or do I have the option to just grab an ISO and stick on my Hard Drive?
>>
Can you play GCN discs or does it need to be a iso file?
>>
>>376243539
Its not really possible to do that with the way the Wii U uses the hard drive. It has to format it so it can only be used with the Wii U. So you'll need the SD card.
Although if you want to go for a 2-in-1 use you can get a slightly bigger one and use it keep your Wii and GC isos on.
>>
>>376243615
It needs to be an iso file. You could try ripping your own though if you have the discs.
>>
>>376243615
Wait, you can play gcn games on the wii u?
>>
>>376243917
Well that's alright I guess, is there a way to transfer data from your decade old memory card?
>>
>>376244140
Yeah with Nintendont.
>>376244219
I honestly have no idea. There's some guides on gbatemp about transferring save data from memory cards to nintendont on the Wii or transferring them to Dolphin. I imagine it would be a similar process but you'd probably need an original Wii.
>>
is there a video guide showing step by step how to hack the wiiu?
>>
>>376245762
Try these
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urFxuO1LooM&list=PLhGuPxJ_7na-HU31dn-s14YV_wh3aGbfA&index=4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmFhqVhJ7M&list=PLhGuPxJ_7na-HU31dn-s14YV_wh3aGbfA&index=6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7MgHB8qk7o&index=3&list=PLhGuPxJ_7na-HU31dn-s14YV_wh3aGbfA
>>
>>376246827
thanks anon i have 3 wiius to put these on
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.