[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fighting Games Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 515
Thread images: 88

File: ono stick.jpg (155KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
ono stick.jpg
155KB, 700x525px
I really enjoy fighting games and know a bit about them.

A lot of /v/ threads on fighting games are just bait threads and stupid threads all around.

If you have any questions about fighting games in general, you can ask them here. Ideally this thread is for generic questions about fighting games from people getting into them rather than precise matchup knowledge since I don't play every character and every game, but feel free to ask/talk about anything fighting games related.

Trip is for this thread only.
>>
These threads are nice usually. Have a bump.
>>
>>376232659
Well, looks like no one's interested this time.
>>
>>376231843
Recommend me a fighting game a noob can enjoy

I've tried Persona 4 Arena, Blazblue, and Guilty Gear. These 2D anime fighters are so aggressive and fast paced with the air dashes and shit it's hard to keep up.
>>
>>376233272
KoF
>>
>>376233272
You must be retarded.
>>
so I finally took the plunge and bought a current gen stick.

I got a RAP Hayabusa cause my HRAP3 kept my shit up for years. This made me want to get back into BB, is the latest release on PS4 decent?

also, anyone got any ideas for art? I already got a Capcom Stick (Mega man X and Zero) and a 2 SHMUPS one, looking for something fresh. Also not too simple, because I'm not that good with photoshop.
>>
>>376233272
Honestly, for all the problems it has SFV is the simplest to get into. It's still hard to keep up for a beginner regardless, you have to spend some time losing before you can get goood in fighting games and there's no way around that.
>>
I'd like to get better at games like KoF and Guilty Gear, but I have absolutely no one to play with. It sucks. I love the aesthetic and all that, and they're very fun, but I feel like there is a lot more to learn.
>>
>>376233397
Sure, go for it. It just came out on PC too in case you didn't know.

>>376233471
I didn't know anyone either, I learned everything by playing online. It helps if you find a community like a discord to play with, you can ask questions and tips there. Most games have dedicated discords.
>>
>>376233272
Smash or any of their clones. Umvc3 , which also has a simple commamd mode.

Capcom vs snk 2 eo, which lets you map inputs to c stick. No long inputs.

Arms.

Sf4 abd doa on 3ds lets you map sevials to one button.
>>
>>376233272
I can understand that even though I started with BB, and have played all of those games you've listed and enjoyed them. SFV might be your best bet since its so simple compared the everything else out now.

>>376233397
CF is really fucking good. Its also 20 bucks on Amazon and PSN so that's nice.

>>376233471
Maybe try the generals? KoF is at Neo Geo general, and I think GG's main place is /fgg/, but I wouldn't recommend going there since its garbage.
>>
>>376231843
Do i get BB now or wait for GG in a month?

I wanna get back into fightans but i fucking hate SFV
>>
>>376233667
I'd have to wait a bit then because I need to get PSN plus(That and I have to wait for my replacement stick to come in), but I'll take a look around.

>>376233852
True that, I may just look for a discord group to play with.
>>
>>376233701
>Smash
LOL
>>
>>376234067
GG might have more people since its a new version, but its all up to what you prefer in a fighting game. They're both much more fun that SFV so there's really no bad choice.
>>
>>376234067
Do you like BB or GG better? I can't answer for you.

>>376234098
If you are european I can link you one for GG. I don't know about america but it should be easy to find if you gogle "guilty gear discord" and stuff like that. here's also character specific discords if you are interested in playing someone.
>>
How much 50/50 is there in Xrd compared to SF5? Be honest
>>
File: fc.jpg (126KB, 1500x890px) Image search: [Google]
fc.jpg
126KB, 1500x890px
>>376231843
Is pic related any good

Playing fighting games with a PS4 controller feels like shit but I don't wanna go spend $100+ on a fight stick
>>
>>376233272
DOA is really easy to get into and has a free version on all consoles and PC to try out. Not liveliest fighter and is 3D so that has its own challenges but it is really fun.
>>
Looking to get back into fightan before Tekken 7 drops. Thinking about using a Wii U Pro Controller on PC since the Dpad is tits. Any body using it?
>>
>>376234309
Unfortunately I live in the US, but there's really character specific discords? I only ask because I just installed it. I'd imagine they work together to help people with specific characters? If so, that's awesome. I'm not crazy into tiers, but when it comes to GG, I'd want to find discord groups for characters like Chipp, Dizzy, and some others. KoF, I also have some other characters in mind too.
>>
>>376234403
I use the Hori FC4 to play old games on MAME. It's pretty serviceable.
>>
>>376234403
I've never tried it, but I've heard good things about it.

Also, sticks may have a higher initial expense, but in the long run it's pretty good because they are MUCH more durable than pads, which you will need to change much more frequently with a new one.
>>
>>376234445
Seconding this, I usually get a decent sized group of people together and we usually play doubles. People who really aren't into fighting games can usually have a good time with it, so it may be a good place to start.
>>
Is there a place I can pirate Excellent Adventures? I want to check out the Combofiend + FChamp episodes but it's only for subscribers.
>>
>>376233272
Killer Instinct (2013)

It's free if you've got Windows 10, and has the best tutorial next to Guilty Gear's.
>>
>>376234635
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/index.html/home/guilty-gear/baf0-highlights-all-ggxrd-character-specific-discord-servers-r601/

For GG.

I don't know much about KOF discords so I can't help you there.
>>
>>376234270
>>376234309
I kinda haven't played a huge deal of either. I guess its down to what characters i like

I really like Slayers character/archetype but i heard he's like bottom of the barrel trash tier which is kind of sad. I guess i'd end up playing Millia. I played Elphelt in Xrd but i found her a little difficult - the corner long ass combo stuff.

In BB i'd probably play Rachel
>>
>>376234128
Snmash is a fighting game regardless of the retarded inputs nobody wants to use in other games.

I say this as someone who mastered longer inputs. It's the number one reason the genre won't exist in 20 years.
>>
I wish I was better at fighting games, I like them a lot, I don't mind getting trashed as long as I can learn something from it.
But everytime I get desperate under pressure (forget buttons, drop combos or do stupid shit in general). How do I remain calm in the middle of a match? does it all comes down to experience?
>>
>>376231843
What are your thoughts on DoA, Virtua Fighter, and 3D fighting games with a counter system in general? Thoughts on Soul Calibur and the similarity in that series?
>>
>>376235017
Shut the fuck up you retarded namefag.
>>
>>376234991
Awesome, thank you so much. Seriously.
>>
How do you guys like your buffs/nerfs?

-Small changes
-Radical new stuff

I'm saying this cuz of GGRev2. They use to go ham on changes, but ever since Sign, they've been showing restraint. Kinda bugs me.
>>
File: yu-narukami-action.png (283KB, 633x513px) Image search: [Google]
yu-narukami-action.png
283KB, 633x513px
>>376231843
Fighting games are very hard to get to a competituve level.

There is no "this goes to this" list anywhere.

You just have to guess combos and spend a whole afternoon in the practice room.
>>
>>376235083
Lol typical nigger mad at life and facts.
>>
File: 631px-GGXRD_Ramlethal_Daruo.png (439KB, 631x599px) Image search: [Google]
631px-GGXRD_Ramlethal_Daruo.png
439KB, 631x599px
-> | -> A
How do i do this quickly without fucking up?
>>
>>376235332
Lol typical namefag pretending anyone cares about who they are or what they say.
>>
>>376235049
>does it all comes down to experience?
Yes. Most people who say stuff like that just need to play more. Of course you also need to pay attention and make an effort to get better while playing. But it still takes a lot of time and effort regardless. If you put them into the game you will get better.

>>376235057
I don't play 3D fighting games in general, the one I played the most is VF and a bit of Tekken. I know VF and DOA's counter system are pretty different though, for example not every character has counbters in VF and in DOA you can counter out of hitstun, which makes things very different. I really don't know much about DOA though so I can't really make big comparisons.
>>
>>376235268
That depends I guess, I like radical new stuff as much as the next guy, but small changes is good too if your character is at a viable level of play.
>>
>>376235408
Training.
>>
>>376235049
More or less experience, yes. Honestly I went a bit intense when I first started and meditated prior/after, but removing that "performance anxiety" comes with time.

I recommend spending like 10-20 minutes before playing just grinding your combos. Commit them to muscle memory, you're probably fine if you can do them say 10 times in a row flawlessly. Knowing how to do them naturally helps remove the stress factor and prevent drops (at least for me).
>>
>>376234403

You might feel a little dumb holding it 'claw' style to get the most benefit out of it, but I've seen some people using it, and they seem to like it as a controller.
>>
>>376235010
Tier lists don't matter except on the mid-to-high level. A new-to-mid player won't need to worry about tiers, as long as you can execute your favourite character's game plan decently enough then you can play just fine. This applies to EVERY FIGHTING GAME.
>>
Tekken 7 is the only gamw worth playing the rest are either dead or doa.

Stop talking about faggy arcshit since those games literally always dead.
>>
Is it just preference between square or octagonal gates or is there certain reasons you would use one over the other?
>>
>>376235529
There will always be some bullshit in a fighting game. If you mess with the game too much you risk introducing worse bullshit than the one you had before. Big change is not always a good thing.

>>376236049
I personally use pads like that the same way I use PS pads. I never liked the claw style. If you want to go for the claw you may as well go all the way and get a stick.
>>
>>376236547
Mostly preference. I'd say try both if you can to see what you execute better with, at the end of the day that's the only thing that matters about your choice of controller.
>>
>>376236547
Square has te same area for activating all the directions. Octogonal gives you less area for the diagonals. That's why most people se square.
>>
>>376235010
Just play who you're comfy with. Things like tiers aren't relevant if you're just starting out. I'd probably pick up the most basic person first, get the mechanics down, then play a character I'm interested in. Once you get more into it, you can understand why a character is in the tier they're in and then some. You got this, buddy.
>>
>>376236547
Preference really. I bought a square just to try it out, didn't really cost much either.
>>
>>376233272
Along with what they already suggested, it helps to have someone equal to you in skill level to play with.
>>
>>376236759
>>376236670
>>376236737
Hmm, I'll have to go back to square again and see how I like it. Thanks for the tips anons.
>>
>>376231843
Is there a nice way to get a HRAPv3 (PS3) working on PS4? I usually just play on PC and the few fighting games I don't have on there are on PS3, but I'd like to be able to use my stick on my brother's PS4 without having to worry about compatibility or pairing a controller to it
>>
Is Alex still barely playable garbage in V?
>>
>>376236931
Brook P3/P4 will save your life. Next to no latency, super easy to update the firmware and reasonably priced. Just do yourself a favour and buy one.
>>
>>376235057
I play DOA extensively and it is a complicated issue. By itself it really isn't a problem, the rock-paper-scissor system stops anything from being really broken, at least in DOA5LR. The problems arise in the form of parries and what other tools characters with big holds have. Parries in DOA are holds that work for both kicks and punches, this is super good because mid punches and mid kicks are naturally two different inputs to hold. Parries make them one input and really makes the game easier for those characters that have them since it eliminates a mix up from most characters. The downside of parries is that they are slightly shorter in active frames than holds and you don't get damage from them, sometimes one guaranteed hit or something.

When you take all the other tools a character has with their holds things sorta begin to get fucked up. For the longest time the tournament scene was dominated by fast characters who have weak holds. But recently to counter those characters we have the rise of slow big hitters who happen to also have big holds and big throws. These slow guys punish you on hit with deep stuns that you are afraid to hold out of because they have big throws. And then if they get hit they have big holds to even it back up in no time. The last three big tournaments have all been won by this type of character: Bayman, Rachel, and most recently Tina.

So in my opinion holds are in a strange position in DOA right now. I do not think they are inherently broken or cheesey or anything they just force you to play smart and mix up. But I can't help but notice this trend of big hold characters winning the major tournaments.

Here is the most recent grand final just because:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfGCUUfhdGc&t=363s
>>
>>376234403
I own a pair of these, really solid pad for fighters. A bonus is that it works on PC either Xinput (PC mode) or DirectInput (ps3 or ps4 mode)
>>
File: 1459185156814.png (372KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1459185156814.png
372KB, 640x480px
>>376234403
I've owned 2 now, and it's pretty damn good. Too much of a death grip with the first one it messed up the dpad sensitivity so I sold it to a friend who salvaged the pcb for a cheap diy stick so that's an option if it doesn't work out.
Feels kinda light and cheap at first but the dpad feels nice around your thumb so long as you move inside the edges, and its been pretty durable so far (dropped it twice). The only problem is doing specific button combination holds like LK+HP and stuff like that. It's also great for playing 2D platformers/rpgs.
>>
>>376234360
Arcsys games are actively designed around retarded 50/50 shit that is literally the whole point
>>
>>376236931
Some games have PS3 stick support, so check if the game you want to play is one of those. Otherwise you either have to use a Brook converter or buy a PS4 stick.
>>
>>376235268
Generally gradual small changes lead to better results in the long run.
With radical new stuff you usually just have big retarded swings with new things becoming broken, without ever achieving a good balance.

I like it for GG in particular because it seems relatively well balanced right now.
>>
>>376237027
Depends what you mean by dying. Updates obviously increase interest in a game simply because it's a new version that will generate buzz around it, but if the game's good enough there will be a fan base who keeps it alive even with no updates.
>>
>>376233272
Pokken is really easy to get into, and being designed for 1v1 fights, that makes it easier to transfer the skills learned there into something like Street Fighter or KoF.
>>
>>376237569
Has there ever been a fighting game character that people would never want to change? Kind of impossible for various reasons, so I think it kinda gets me down when they do little changes.

I'm just not satisfied since my main, Venom, doesn't have Dubious Curve anymore, a move that granted him a multi-hitting projectile. It allowed great oki. Various other moves allowed to let Venom corner the opponent for a length of time if they were good enough.

Basically, they really toned him down where you use to be able to lockdown more easily - which is a universal change since it is easier to escape in this game as any character compared to AC.

I mean, it's great where you have to actually think about every move, but it feels more like "if you didn't open up your opponent in this 1 string, back to neutral for you".
>>
>>376237206
Thanks for the response. It's nice to see some high level DoA play, quite impressive with the baiting and drawing out attacks. I'm not that much of a fan with the juggling that DoA has. (Environment damage is fine, but the 60% juggle combo around 12:20 just feels excessive to me.)

Nice to see some in-depth talk about the meta for the current DoA. Also nice to see a bit of Rachel, since I'm not as familiar with DoA5 as with earlier games.
>>
For those interested in getting into Guilty Gear, the top 8 for Revelator is just starting over at LevelUpLive on twitch. Get in here.
>>
>>376231843
How are keyboards with fightin games?
>>
>>376241020
Work well. Don't listen to console fags dismissing them without reason.
>>
>>376235017
>Snmash is a fighting game
LOL!
>>
File: 20160306_190738.jpg (206KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160306_190738.jpg
206KB, 1600x900px
>>376241020
Most fighting games have all digital inputs, so if you get used to having buttons/keys for directional inputs instead of the joystick you'll be fine.
>>
Octagonal gates or square gates
>>
>>376241506
square
>>
>>376241506
square
>>
>>376231843
I want to get into fighting games like SFV or maybe new Injustice, but don't have a console.
Is it worth trying to seriously play these games on PC (with a stick)? Also would I need to buy a separate stick to go to LAN/events with consoles or are they generally compatible?
>>
>>376242050
You generally just use a console stick on PC.
>>
>>376234403
consider getting one of those hori mini fight sticks
they're like 35 bucks
>>
>>376241506
Circle
>>
>>376242050
sfv has a good playerbase since it has crossplay. it also detects playstation and xbox controllers
tekken 7 will also probably have a decent playerbase
>>
File: 1385766898817[1].gif (2MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
1385766898817[1].gif
2MB, 320x200px
>/v/ starts talking about fighting games more recently
>tripfags and namefags start making autistic le generals and telling people to play smash

holy fuck you faggots are total ass cancer
>>
>>376241506
square
>>
>>376241020
They can work well, but be sure to use a good one that doesn't drop inputs when you press multiple keys at the same time.

>>376242050
It's perfectly ok to play on PC. SFV has crossplay with PS4 and KI has crossplay with xbox. Other games like Tekken or GG don't have crossplay but there's still people playing, plus there's some stuff exclusive to PC or more played on PC like melty blood, fightcade or skullgirls.

There are no PC only sticks (apart maybe from some shit sticks you shouldn't buy in the first place), console sticks work on PC.
>>
File: ryu-heart of battle.png (28KB, 384x224px) Image search: [Google]
ryu-heart of battle.png
28KB, 384x224px
>>376241506
Square is for traditional pure Nippon style. You must you it to be a true fightstick master. Don't listen to any octagonal using scum.
>>
>>376236818
this is retarded advice

2 bronzes fighting each other aren't going to learn anything, get someone a lot better than you and fight him until you win. Yeah, it'll take hundreds of games but you'll actually learn viable techniques.
>>
File: chunli.jpg (328KB, 1901x1069px) Image search: [Google]
chunli.jpg
328KB, 1901x1069px
>>376242125
>>376242414
>>376242621
Thanks, this is good to know.
>>
I just bought Mortal Kombat X with all the DLC for a few bucks. How JUST'd am I?
>>
>>376241578
>>376241592
>>376242436
Just curious, but why a square gate?
>>
>>376242926
You're retarded. He isn't saying to only play someone your skill level. Getting a training buddy is important because you'll see your growth pay off immediately and you won't lose 100% of the time. It also helps with your thinking skills and they are likely to play more at a pace where you are able to practice combos.

Playing with randoms online is a good way to pick up bad habits unless you know what you're doing.
>>
>>376243150
Because it's the default. Easier to hit the corners.
>>
>>376243150
Equal area for each zone, far easier to do stuff like Z motions
>>
File: dU4YN.png (101KB, 300x149px) Image search: [Google]
dU4YN.png
101KB, 300x149px
>>376242926
It's true that you learn more by playing someone better, but a lot of people may get more interested into the genre by playing equally skilled players for a while and get an interest in improving after that.

>>376243150
Most people use square gates because they are the standard and because with a square gate you have the same area for every direction, while with octogonal you have less area for diagonals.
>>
>>376234403
I use that exact pad.

It does it's job. After another xbox360 pad broke down, and people kept telling me how shit it was over and over, and how I should really really use something else, I looked around and decided on that hori pad.

I don't use claw grip. And could never get used to the 6 face buttons. Tried forever, but even after the initial period where I would just accidentally press the wrong buttons over and over I said fuck it and went back to just using 4 + the shoulder buttons just like my old layout. Just having one thumb for all 6 attack buttons seems ridiculously inefficient. But pressing the shoulder buttons actually feels ever so slightly awkward...? You can tell it's not as ergonomical as the xbox pad was. Took some getting used to.

The Dpad is the big thing. The real reason I decided to switch, cause everyone keeps bitching about how much the 360dpad sucks. And it is true, you initally land just about anything you want, no motions are a problem, I could land complex combos on my first try, took no getting used to. I never accidentally do a jump, or crouch in between walking fowards and backwards, as has been the case with any new xbox pad (seriously I churned through 4 xbox 360 pads and every xbox pad needs some new adjustment, all of the dpads seem to be ever so slightly badly calibrated but in a different way).

Buuut the 4 way cross as opposed to the round dpad of the xbox pad tires my thumb after prolonged play. It's edges are ever so slightly too sharp, and you need to apply slightly too much pressure to press it down. That's the price you pay for the accuracy, I guess. The face buttons feel real nice but the dpad, if I play for say 2 hours, I need a break. And that is honestly not good.

I don't regret having got it but when it starts to wear, I will probably check out some alternatives.
>>
>>376243208
I never said play online, I said get someone better than you and play HIM.

Playing bronze v. bronze is not going to help you get out of silver.
Playing bronze v. diamond a thousand times until you can beat him is going to put you in at least platinum

There's nothing wrong with losing a hundred times in a row, you'll get better a lot faster that way. Patience is the most important thing for getting good, don't get mad when you lose focus on what you could have done differently.

>>376243416
Sure, if you want to win then you can play people who are worse than you. If you actually want to get better at the genre then you need someone better than you to lose against until you can beat him.
>>
>>376235049
Calmness comes from confidence. Which essentially means experience, but when stuff gets real real tight, even pro players will scramble and hold up back like idiots sometimes.
>>
Post your favorite fighter and why
>>
>>376243629
You're the reason why the genre doesn't have more players. New players need hope. It would be like making aspiring musicians only play complex pieces instead of starting them with castrated/watered down ones. Incremental success is a thing. You need exposure to both. A new player who just gets instantly bodied is not going to be gaining skill quickly-- he's just going to quit.

Baseline skills are important, and so is motivation. You have to understand some concepts of the genre before you can learn how to learn effectively.
>>
>>376231843
>A lot of /v/ threads on fighting games are just bait threads and stupid threads all around.
That's /v/ threads on every genre and most games at this point. Have you never been in a Souls thread or any given thread about anime games? The shitposting about airdashers looking gay and people not actually criticizing their mechanics stretches far beyond airdashers and into anything that looks "too Japanese".
>>376235294
>guess combos
What? Most games have combo trials now and you can look at wikis or Discord resources.
>>
>>376244329
>A new player who just gets instantly bodied is not going to be gaining skill quickly-- he's just going to quit.
>abloo hold my hand
stay silver bro

Maybe you aren't cut out for fighting games if you get frustrated by getting bodied a hundred times in a row.

I absolutely love finding someone better than me who can trounce my shit in 9/10 times, because it's an opportunity to improve and learn how to beat a tactic that was destroying me. Nothing, and I repeat NOTHING feels better than bringing a 9-1 down to 5-5 because you've improved to the level where you can compete with him. Starting at a 5-5 isn't going to get you any better.
>>
>>376231843
I hate that schmuck so much
>>
File: ....png (15KB, 163x312px) Image search: [Google]
....png
15KB, 163x312px
>try to become good at Vampire Savior
>most others have gotten far ahead of me due to the game being 20 years old or live in areas where they can fight better players easier
>I generally play long sets against these people and lose 20-30 or matches in a row
My own fault for not practicing every day, I guess
>>
>countless 2D fighters from countless devs
>only 4 3D fighters of note from 3 devs (Tekken, SC, VF, DoA)
Why?
>>
>>376244776
The difference is you understand the basics of the game, you fucking retard. A new player is never going to magically start beating Punk after 1000 matches. He'll just get bodied, styled on, and disrespected over and over because he doesn't have a strong enough grasp of the baseline mechanics to improve by playing a player that much better than him.

Playing both a player better than him and a player his level will allow for both kinds of growth. This isn't some foreign fucking concept. You're acting as if you never play similarly skilled players or that you started by getting assblasted by someone who doesn't slow down and let you learn anything.
>>
>start playing Tekken Tag again 4 months ago to practice for T7
>practice throw breaks for at least 30 minutes each session
>find out that T7 has simplified the system anyway
>>376235268
I like the new Chipp for the 10 damage Shuriken alone.
>>
>>376244329
I'd say it is also knowing what you need to do to progress.

If you get curbstomped by some high level player in every area, then there isn't much to learn. You've learned that they are vastly better at the game than you. But you haven't really learned anything of use. There isn't anything you could actually do which would improve your odds, so you aren't learning any new skills and don't have much motivation to get better.

But when you play against an equal opponent, or one a bit tougher than you - or even a cheap AI - you can see that screwing up the input for a special move gets you in trouble. Or forgetting to block low. Or being too defensive, and always letting an opponent walk up and throw you. Those are things that a player can see and learn from, and have a motivation to improve on. "I can stop them from leg sweeping me if I block low more often" is an easy thing to pick up and be motivated to improve on, especially if that has a major factor in improving how well you play the game.
>>
>>376245006
2D is much much easier to make and fine-tune to perfection. In 3D, you instantly have the problem of balancing hit boxes in 3D, making 3D graphics, etc. It definitely seems like a much heftier task to tackle.
>>
>>376244170
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Fast, normal moves are great, fun neutral game, good zoning game. Fixes all the stupid shit in SF2 (Throw loops, random stun/damage, funky execution issues, too high damage output).

But then on top of that, Alpha 2's mechanics give you solutions for pretty much everything, but they cost meter. You want to do flashy combos and show off? You can use custom combo, but you aren't going to be using supers or alpha counters. Want to play SF2? There's 3 levels of super, and you can save up until lv 3 and let er rip. Don't want to deal with insane pressure game all day? Save your meter for Alpha counters, and get out of pressure for free.

Even stun is gone. Stun, the mechanic that rewards you for already winning the game. The most redundant piece of shit mechanic: GONE. Instead you get guard break, which encourages you to mix up offense and defense, while making Alpha counters even better.

Alpha 2 is the only game that does meter management right in the entire SF franchise. SF2 empties your meter each round. Alpha 3 changed how alpha counters work, and starts you off with full meter. SF3 allows you to pick characters that can just store meter all fucking game without worrying about it. SF4 gives you a free Ultra Combo every round without having to pay attention to your super meter. SFV does the same with V-Triggers as long as you don't get too V-Reversal happy.

BTW: V-Reversals getting buffed would fix most of SFV's problems at the moment. Pressure is too good? Buff the tool made to deal with pressure! V-Triggers are too powerful? Make it so that people actually want to spend their meter before they get it! Make V-Reversals as good as Alpha Counters and buff anti-airs, and SFV will be a good game instantly.
>>
>>376244170
USF4

fun neutral game and tons of different characters with fun playstyles. every movement feels like a commitment unlike some anime games where I feel like I have more reign to dash around and press buttons without thinking too hard.

I feel like the last year of USF4 was the furthest a fighting game has ever been taken in terms of the skill level on display

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UaXhe_XPsU
>>
>>376244776
This is only true after you already know some basics and can understand what's happening. If you are very new and you don't even know how fighting games work, what's a frame trap or for that matter what frame advantage is, you're not going to learn anything by being beaten by someone who does.
>>
File: Aegislash_Reflector.png (72KB, 446x286px) Image search: [Google]
Aegislash_Reflector.png
72KB, 446x286px
>>376244170
Pokemon : Type Wild
But seriously, between Guilty Gear XX Reload and USF4
>>
>>376244170
Melty Blood. It's just the most fun.
>>
I have enough fight money from the launch of SFV to get two DLC characters. I have none of them. I've only briefly played Alex, and am not interested. Which two should I get? I was thinking Ibuki and either Kolin/Juri/Urien, but I'm not really sure.
>>
>>376245140
>that you started by getting assblasted by someone who doesn't slow down and let you learn anything.
Yes, I did. Yes, I lost hundreds upon hundreds of games while he ran through me with every character on the roster. The difference is persistence, I didn't give up I learned fundamentals. I learned spacing, I learned when to block and when to hit buttons.

Staying in training mode practicing combo after combo is going to get you nowhere, you need to learn the practical applications of these combos first. Fighting someone a lot better than you will give you opportunities to see exactly what buttons you can hit when, after he's gone to bed is when you spend time in training working out getting optimal damage from those openers.

>>376245456
Yes, you will.

Regardless of if they're willing to tell you or not (they undoubtedly will be) you'll have a much better understanding of the practical applications of these techniques if you fight someone else who already understands them. Imagine two bronzes fighting who don't punish sweeps, it teaches both players that sweeps are a low-risk high-reward move and makes them more likely to fall into bad habits like throwing out random sweeps while a better player will knock your shit down for throwing out a random sweep and teach you that it's not a safe move.
>>
>>376245381
>Furthest a fighting game has ever been taken in terms of the skill level on display

I'm going to disagree with you, and say that Super Turbo holds this crown.

Also, USF4's neutral game isn't that fun if you've spent enough time with SF2, Alpha, or most 3D fighting games. Focus attack fucks up neutral like parry does in SFIII.
>>
>>376245262
Yeah, but you'd expect someone else to have an iconic 3D fighter by now. I mean, I guess Capcom tried with Rival Schools and Star Gladiator, but those haven't seen entries since the Dreamcast.
>>
File: 1486423317130.png (477KB, 595x642px) Image search: [Google]
1486423317130.png
477KB, 595x642px
>those people that complain about games being too defensive, slow, and boring, but are too insecure to play anime games
>>
>>376245858
can you post some high level super turbo for me?
>>
>>376244170
Whoops, read your post wrong. BBCF would be my favorite.I love the fast paced gameplay and how unique everyone feels.
>>
>>376245923
I would say the difference is this - the 3D fighting game market is not nearly as saturated as the 2D one. Lots of people are competing with Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat for market share, with ArcSys and quite a few indie devs having moderate to good success. With a 3D fighting game, if you're not Tekken then people aren't going to care, like at all.
>>
>>376245850
So the first time you picked up an arcade stick and played SF it was against a platinum-tier player (since you obsess over online rank) and nothing else. Right.
>>
>>376242418
They might as well play Smash, that would contain the casuals.
>>
>>376246352
Pretty much, yeah. He was Ultra Gold with 500hrs and taught me the ropes by beating the snot out of me every day. Eventually I could beat everyone but his main, then I started taking games from his main and finally I was putting out 5-5s against his main. Then I found someone else who was better than him to fight with and invited him to learn with the new player as well.

Rank is not actually important, I'm just using it as a base metric for skill instead of saying a "shit player" and a "good player"
>>
>>376246637
SFV is by far one of the simplest games. Ultra gold is also not that great.
>>
>>376246637
I've been destroying my mom in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 for the past 4 months and she still can't beat me even if I feed her advice between rounds. How long is it actually supposed to take these people to improve?
>>
>>376246823
What are you even trying to say?

Stop sidestepping the point, an UG player will completely crush a newbie every single time.

>>376246912
Is your mom actually getting better though? That's the metric
>>
>>376247002
Not really. I think she has a memory problem, as she keeps forgetting her basic launch combo or is too stunned to use it once she actually gets in a launcher
>>
>>376244329
This is correct.

For the first year or so of playing fighting games all I did was play single player, practice max damage combos in training mode (and think to myself I could probably kick all these pro players' asses seeing how they do puny jab-jab-something combos which don't do as much damage as my amazing jumpin>heavy xx something combos). Then I slooowly dabbled into fighting random people online, and doing a-okay. Still sometimes thinking the people who beat me handily were being super lame, just waiting for me to jump into their antiairs where's the fun in that. And then eventually I played more and more and more and even after having a game down to where I knew all the combos and setups and hitconfirms, and like high / low / crossup mixups, and kicking 95% of people's asses in random quickmatches, and then still now and then getting my ass kicked by people who didn't have nearly as much "training mode experience" just straight up out thinking me, that was when I first realized, man, you actually still suck, you haven't even really begun becoming good yet.

It wasn't until then that I used to have 30 game sets where I would lose every single game, begging for a 31st cause I was that motivated to break through and kick the guy's ass. And nowadays I beat people 30-0 and have them thank me for it. But telling people to start out with that, that's just not how it works.
>>
>>376246637
While you also grinded shit out in the lab. It's way more efficient to learn things like reads/guarding/frametraps from an advanced player, but it's way better to practice your hitconfirms into combos on someone more your level and then try to apply those techniques vs the better player.

I'm not disagreeing with you that it's super important to try to play as many players better than you as much as possible. It's also important to record and watch your own matches. But you're over-simplifying the process by totally omitting learning the mechanics of the game before playing that better player who can better teach you how/when to apply them.

If you went against someone WAY better than your original friend, you'd likely never have learned how to use something like a v-reversal because your inept fumbling meant the other player never had to use them-- they could just wait for you to do something unsafe and punish the shit out of you since even if they lost the exchange somehow, you couldn't even combo since you never got to practice.

What's that? You labbed and didn't exclusively play your friend? OH WOW
>>
File: 1475520965972.jpg (77KB, 567x840px) Image search: [Google]
1475520965972.jpg
77KB, 567x840px
>>376244329
I have to agree with this anon here. I played fighting games with my brothers for years without knowing the very basics of framedata and oki and surprise surprise, I got bodied and hates it. It was a very frustrating experience.

It was only when I sat down by myself and learned the basics did I actually start to enjoy getting my ass beat, because I know have the fundamental knowledge to see what I'm doing right and wrong.
>>
File: ab1a219d87.png (110KB, 1804x600px) Image search: [Google]
ab1a219d87.png
110KB, 1804x600px
Why does playing ranked to improve in a game like Overwatch work, but it doesn't work with Street Fighter and you need to do a bunch of special shit just to get good?
>>
>>376247872
Because what you said is false and you can easily become better by playing. But you weren't looking for a real answer, were you?
>>
>>376248004
The advice I often see from pros is to stop playing ranked and only do lobbies. Off the top of my head, Juicebox seems the most vehement about this.

And to be fair, I can kind of see why this may be, since you can only learn so much about a player from a short set.
>>
>>376247872
There are a lot of online warriors who are on the comeup these days in the FGC, but by the nature of the game you're not going to get same experience online as you would offline

Lag is much bigger factor in fighting games than almost any other genre, because literal frames matter. Online and its ranking systems usually reward gimmicks over smart play, and many times you don't have enough time to adapt to their play style.

In person you can almost guarantee everyone is playing to get better. You can also find matches with people who are far better than you rather then trudging through ranked. And most of all, the person to person experience means that you can trade advice and tech with other people to level up your game.
>>
>>376247872
>shooters
>lag doesn't hinder the player much
>RTS
>lag doesn't hinder the player much
>fighting games
>lag hinders the player so much certain strategies are coined as "online specials" because delaying any inputs be even a few frames makes reactions worthless sometimes
>>
>>376248297
>the person to person experience means that you can trade advice and tech with other people to level up your game.
You can do that online as well in any game that has lobbies worth a squirt of piss
No idea why SF lobbies not called Fightcade lack the basic feature to type out a message in a lobby so you can tell retards their favorite move is unsafe like in Guilty Gear
>>
>>376248431
lol, you must not play many shooters if you think that lag doesn't hinder players. Try playing some Koreans in Quake 3 while living in Kansas and see what happens.
>>
>>376248631
Doesn't hinder players MUCH. If it takes a Kansas/Korea connection to make lag noticeable in Quake then it clearly has far less of an impact than it would in a fighting game.
>>
>tfw poorfag so I can't buy a stick at the moment
I really feel like a stick would improve my playing. I'm still a fucking scrub but a lot of these inputs feel like they'd be much easier on a stick, or even a pad.
>>
>>376248156
The post was not just about ranked but online play in general.

Anyway, playing in lobbies is just more efficient since you get to play more games in less time and it also teaches you to think and not rely on short set strategies.

You can still improve with ranked if you really want to play that for some reason.
>>
>>376248960
They are, but Keyboard is totally viable.

In fact, if you're used to a keyboard already, you should get a hitbox once you have the money.
>>
>>376248960
Keyboard is perfectly doable.
>>
>>376249231
>>376249235
The fuck

I'm playing on a PS4 with a regular PS4 controller
>>
>>376249495
Then why did you say even a pad? That's a pad, you know. And it's still fine.
>>
>>376248297
And yet these online warriors can only win in games no one gives a fuck about in his country.

If someone like Brkrdave played anything besides Uniel and Persona, or even played those games in Japan, his online skills wouldn't help him much. Best players are still usually from the capital or a major city in their state/country and have at least a few people to practice with locally. People say it's a big deal that Infiltration became good in Korea where most prefer KoF and Tekken, but he's still from Seoul. Wake me up when someone from the Sinan islands with no quick access to a major city wins something.
>>
>>376248960
>>376249495
I don't understand the problem. Plenty of players have done well with regular-ass controllers.
>>
>>376249495
Some of the best players in the world right now are on a pad. When it comes to controllers its literally just preference.
>>
>>376249231
You're aware keyboard is actually better than sticks and pads right?
>>
>>376249737
Exactly why I recommend a hitbox.

I use one myself.
>>
>>376231843
When is Street Fighter V getting a collected edition with all the DLC stuff in it included?
>>
File: street-fight-4-game-pad-580x383.jpg (37KB, 580x383px) Image search: [Google]
street-fight-4-game-pad-580x383.jpg
37KB, 580x383px
>>376249637
By "pad", I meant pic-related. Sorry about the confusion?

>>376249691
>>376249718
Playing on a regular pad or whatever just feels really awkward to me. It makes pulling stuff off, like Zangief's Lariat or V-reversals that much harder for me, although it's doable.
>>
File: 1492649770512.jpg (168KB, 1000x782px) Image search: [Google]
1492649770512.jpg
168KB, 1000x782px
>>376231843
WHEN THE FUCK IS PERSONA 5 ARENA???
>>
>>376250327
You have extra triggers for shortcuts if you need them, there's no shame in using them.
>>
>>376250327
Hori Fighting Command 4 is $40 bucks, and its usually on sale somewhere for cheaper. It's the best pad on the market, hands down.

Pick one up if you're so inclined.
>>
>>376246534
true but look how they've ruined evo and every local ever because they think they're part of the fgc
>>
>>376250327
You are aware you can just map 3K or 3P to buttons?
>>
>>376250528
I'll look into it.

>>376250571
No, because I am literally just starting out when it comes to playing fighting games seriously. I hadn't fiddled around enough in controller settings to see that.
>>
>>376250729
The standard layout has PPP mapped to the left shoulder button and KKK to the left trigger. If you have not fiddled with anything yet, that should already be the case.

ha kkk
>>
>>376242926
Sure you won't get super good, but it helps you push each other and think about how to get on the right path and overcome whatever you think is 'bs' that you throw at each other.

It helps you get on the right path on how to approach learning the game.
>>
File: 71IoRZzFnzL._SL1500_.jpg (94KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
71IoRZzFnzL._SL1500_.jpg
94KB, 1500x1000px
>>376233397
>RAP Hayabusa

How do you like it? I've been looking at it. I'm happy with the Hori pad I own so I figure their sticks must be pretty good as well.
>>
File: 1493906559188.jpg (30KB, 750x573px) Image search: [Google]
1493906559188.jpg
30KB, 750x573px
Will any fighting game that's not SF ever have good netcode?
>>
>>376250556
>bringing in a shitload of money for events is somehow ruining them
>>
>>376251774

It's all down to preference, a stick wont make you better at the game
>>
>>376250556
Smash players are literally no worse than ArcSys players. You may as well kick out every group you don't like, but good luck bring in enough people to give a fuck about tournaments if you do that.
>>
>>376252017
trash bros is not a fighting game though
>>
>>376231843 (OP)
When is Street Fighter V getting a collected edition with all the DLC stuff in it included?
>>
>>376251786
There's plenty of fighting games with as good or better netcode than SF.

Out of the top of my mind

Killer Instinct
MKXL
Injustice 2
Fightcade
Melty Blood
Skullgirls
IaMP
Soku
EFZ

Are all at least as good, but mostly better than SF netcode wise.
>>
>>376252143
Never
>>
>>376252143
Not even Ono knows most likely.
>>
>>376252220
SFV has shit netcode. Doesn't that teleporting shit still happen?
>>
File: 1455024904553.jpg (17KB, 351x344px) Image search: [Google]
1455024904553.jpg
17KB, 351x344px
>>376252220
Right.
Forgot the most important aspect of my clearly rhetorical question.

For PC.
>>
>>376252372
I don't play it but I hear that when it works it's good, the problem is that it's inconsistent and it may decide to not work out of the blue even with people it's usually ok with.

>>376252401
Literally every single one of those games but Injustice 2 is on PC.
>>
>>376252017

>Smash players are literally no worse than ArcSys players

ArcSys actually make fighting games though
>>
>>376252560
Under optimal conditions doesn't mean it's decent net code. The fact it happens at all is ridiculous bullshit. Even moreso that people can control who it happens to.
>>
>>376252560
And have you tried online with any of them on PC?
>>
>>376251985
Ah sorry. I prefer stick but the one I have is PS3 only. I had the Hori FC4 for PS3 already, but it works on PS4 as well. Just trying to see how the button quality is before I take the plunge on a PS4 stick.
>>
>>376252709
Yes. Melty Blood is my main game and I play it every day.
>>
>>376252856
Doubt, unless you're US. For EU literally nothing works.
>>
File: 1422912524865.png (186KB, 1088x687px) Image search: [Google]
1422912524865.png
186KB, 1088x687px
>>376235017
>It's the number one reason the genre won't exist in 20 years.
>>
>>376253125
I am EU. Join the melt blood discord if you want to play that.

https://discordapp.com/invite/0TJ5ma4C19VUCEeV

I'm sure Skullgirls has its own discord. With Fightcade you can use its own lobby. Killer Instict has crossplay and I'm sure you can just find people in game. I don't play MKXL but I'm sure there's still some people left.
>>
>>376247872
Because fighting games are much deeper that FPS and RTS games, no matter how much you try to spin it.
>>
>>376241406

i use keyboard only and this is blowing

my

mind
>>
>>376252562
Have you never been around anime players? They stink just as badly as smashers, are just as loud and obnoxious, and are much more apathetic. Only reason they're not derided more is that fewer of them leave their basements.
>>376252139
So we should just let in every awful fanbase because it's a fighting game? Can't wait to see how you people handle the Them's Fightin' Herds crowd.
>>
>>376255557
So is any non-Capcom game allowed, or are you just a member of the Fighting Games by Capcom community?
>>
>>376255669
I play Guilty Gear myself. The community is awful.
>>
>>376255743
You're actually completely right, and it's incredibly unfortunate.
>>
>>376255557
>Can't wait to see how you people handle the Them's Fightin' Herds crowd.

Eh they're not so bad. Like the one guy is kind of annoying but the other six just stick to themselves
>>
>>376255669
There is literally nothing wrong with this.

Capcom even has its own anime airdashers, see Vsav and MvC.

What a shame no one ever wants to play the former. Do they even count as Capcom fanbosy anymore, or do they all hate the company for ignoring the franchise?
>>
>>376245343
What's different about Alpha 3? I always see people being vocal about alpha 2 and don't know why.
Usually the latest installment is seen as the best one - Third strike, super turbo?
>>
>>376255881
Where and who are you basing this off of?
>>376256172
Much longer autism Variable combos. I like them, but they're not everyone's cup of tea. It's like Vampire Savior versus Vampire Savior 2 or no one playing certain revisions of 3S
>>
>>376256384
>Where and who are you basing this off of?
The fighting herds community. I've met with them. There's Jim, Alex, Mike, Peter... these two euros who don't speak English so it's kind of hard to co ordinate matches with them... and that's about it. There was this one guy going by 'Blade", he thought about playing the game but I don't know if he actually got around doing so in the end.

Point is, I wouldn't worry about this "community" taking up much space
>>
File: 1492977497133.png (83KB, 328x595px) Image search: [Google]
1492977497133.png
83KB, 328x595px
>>376233272
I was in the same boat as you, but then I realize that I was wasting my time learning long combos on a anime game and started using bnb combos. Blazblue for an instant rewards aggressive players so your stuck on this vortex on blocking highs and lows. Took me awhile until I notice patterns that allowed me to know when to attack and to defend.

Fighting games are meant for everyone unfortunately.
>>
>>376256116
I play vampire but I have to idle in discords to even get matches

right now darkstalkers is the name you drop to make your e-dick bigger without ever playing, that used to be third strike
>>
>>376258034
I see this being said a lot, but it seems like every time someone asks for a match on /v/ or /vg/, someone comes through. Even myself personally, I've met different people asking for matches in it.

I also see the same 2 guys living in Japan in the Vsav Fightcade room basically every day.

Also, isn't 3S getting more popular again these days?
>>
What's the weirdest thing you've seen in the GG community? It seems pretty non-autistic for an anime fighter compared to blazblue.
>>
>>376258034
Pretty sure that less to do with imaginary internet points and way more to do with people not wanting to get trounced by the same autists that have been playing it for 20 years.

Basically any game that is no longer getting patches and has had its meta solved years ago has this problem. Even Smash has this problem, though it's way easier to find new Melee players.
>>
>>376258734
>4

and 3 of those were idling
>>
Trying to get into fighting games with XrdR. How do I figure out what main to pick and not regret my decision?

I started learning the game with Elphelt, and while her basic confirms are easy as shit, all the mid/high level stuff is completely arcane to me.
>>
>>376258879
By your logic no one would be playing chess today. Centuries of headstart, may as well give up now.
>>
>>376258756
where do you live? Half of the people I know that play GG have dyed hair or are trannies.
>>376259058
Sol, Ky, or Faust
>>
>>376259058
Honestly that's the same for every character. Just go with the character you seem to like and in time, when you understand the game more, you may decide who to switch to yourself.
>>
>>376259227
ATL
>>
At what point in time do you think the smash community either be fully accepted into the FGC or just fully go off on their own/create their own platform fighters community
>>
>>376258879
Vsav and ST pretty consistently have a good amount of new players phasing in and out due simply to their reputations. Even on the 360/ps3 vampire collection I can find players ranging in skill to this day.

People are also finding new tech for both. Might not be constantly or meta changing, but just kinda neat that new stuff is still being found.
>>
Every time I want to get into fighting games I'm reminded of how inclusive the FGC is.

>Oh, you said something out of date? Fucking troll
>You want to learn more? Go sit in training mode for 500 hours, then lose repeatedly until you quit

There's no positive reinforcement, just shit talking and making people want to kill themselves for not knowing how to automatically play their game. I wish I knew what to do.
>>
>>376255557

I am an anime player now, I used to play MvC3 and SFIV but with SFV being shit I moved over to GG. I shower regularly and I'm not a fat cunt. It's just a stereotype
>>
>>376259417
>I wish I knew what to do.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________get good
>>
>>376259417
People are very helpful if you ask for advice. Literally this thread has been made to help people with questions.
>>
>>376259526

I am an smash player now, I used to play MvC3 and SFIV but with SFV being shit I moved over to Smash 4. I shower regularly and I'm not a fat cunt. It's just a stereotype
>>
>>376259381
What is the litmus for this? They already "share" events fine. They are really no more divided than any other scenes within FGC except that there is less overlap in players and setups are trickier to juggle.

I never see anything but people either minding their own business or getting along. It's /v/ that spergs out like the streammonster /v/ is.
>>
>>376259417
>Go sit in training mode for 500 hours, then lose repeatedly until you quit
bullshit
Wanna get good?
>pick a character
>play someone over and over again
>figure out what your buttons do
>figure out what your specials are (DP, Fireball etc)
>learn to play fundamentals, this means attacking when it's not going to get you punished with attacks that are safe
>slowly incorporate combos off of those attacks
Don't try to learn combos then apply them in combat, learn the combat and extend your reach with combos.
>>
>>376259417
Quit being such an introvert. You gotta jump in and people will warm to you. Be humble and people are super willing to help if you ask for it. If you don't ask, most people are just going to assume you're not really into the game.
>>
>>376259417
From your first greentext, it sounds like you had said something unsubstantiated and were called out on it. The people who usually feel like the fgc is hostile and terrible to be around are the people who come in with some sort of ego and make vapid claims online without anything to back them up.

For the second, it's blown out of proportion, but as general advice, isn't "practice more then try to apply those techniques in a real match" pretty good? Once you have some sort of ground to stand on, then it's way easier to find what you need to improve on. The people giving advice are fellow players, not psychics. Need something to go off of.
>>
File: 1492563066642.jpg (54KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1492563066642.jpg
54KB, 540x960px
>>376259408
>Vsav and ST pretty consistently have a good amount of new players
yes, this is me

I started playing fighting games in jan with sfv for a couple hours

I thought "this game just isn't fun and seems too dumbed down, this is nothing like the 3 seconds of sf2 or sf4 I played" so now I just go on fightcade for ST/alpha/VS and play guilty gear

I wish VS had more players, even ST is full of too many ragequitting redditor tier faggots
>>
>>376259850
>playing online
there's your primary problem. Wifi warriors act way more like faggots.
>>
>>376259417
You need thick skin to be in the FGC. The game is about trying to beat your personal best, in terms of being a player after all.

That being said, what game are you trying to get in? The community is always thirsty for more players, but their way of letting someone in sometimes is a way to test if they're in it for real or not.
>>
File: 1470285730739.png (60KB, 221x205px) Image search: [Google]
1470285730739.png
60KB, 221x205px
>>376259174
This is a bit of a false equivalence. I know people love to compare chess to fighting games, but the similarities are only surface deep.

Chess is much easier to play, for one. I'm not talking about skill. I'm talking about actual ease of finding matches. You don't have to worry about lag or anything like that with traditional board/card games. You can be worlds apart from top players and still get a good match. Vsav, and a lot of other old fighting games require far more dedication just to find players. Not only are fighting games less popular than traditional games (fuck, they even have Yugioh and Magic regionals in every state) for various reasons, your effective player pool for many of these games is much smaller. Sure, there are a lot of people playing SFV right now, but how many of them can you actually play with if you aren't in an area with good internet or many other players? The hundreds of thousands of players of the game can't help Joe in Iceland if he can't even get a good connection with them. This is even worse for games with really bad/delay netcode Examu stuff or Melty. Even worse if your game of choice is console exclusive, which guarantees you have even fewer people to play with. Meanwhile, there are a million ways to play chess both online and offline, more groups for it in most areas, et cetera. You play Aquapazza and are limited to arcades in Japan and those who own a PS3. you play Chess and have a game where anyone can play it if they have 5 dollars or access to a library computer. It's the same reason football is more popular than golf. Barrier for entry is much lower. This is why impoverished companies like Brazil love football, as all you need is a goal, a ball and a few guys. Golf requires huge fields and clubs that are far more costly

It also doesn't help that many top players for fighting games are alive and still playing. Most of the old Chess, Go, and older traditional games masters died centuries ago.
>>
File: 1493697192891.jpg (3MB, 1703x1547px) Image search: [Google]
1493697192891.jpg
3MB, 1703x1547px
Playing SFV and I think this is the first time I "get" a fighting game and a character (pic not related)

I feel like I understand why people are so attached to their characters now. It's an amazing feeling. But the prospect of learning and improving beyond the shitter level has me concerned, not sure if I'm still young enough to pull off the moves even though I know that some of the best players in FGG aren't 20 year olds.
>>
>>376260192
Learn neutral x1000
combos come after neutral
>>
>>376260192
Reaction times are waaaaaaaaaaay more about being in that situation hundreds of times than it is being 15 vs 30
>>
>>376260668
Mindgames>"reaction"
>>
>>376260078
I wish there was a fighting game for me. SF4 was my first major attempt to get into fighting games and it was such a bad experience it turned me away from fighting games for several years, so SF5 is out. Forget about MKX or Injustice because fuck WB Games. I wasted $100 on both versions of Marvel 3 and probably put less than 10 hours into them, I gave up because the game was too fast for me, so no Marvel Infinite.

I have no interest in Tekken/SC. What else, fuck competitive Smash so that's out. I have Skullgirls, but none of the roster appeals to me from a gameplay perspective. I liked Pokken but that's dead so whatever. And all those anime/weeb fighters always looked way too complex for me.

>Well anon I guess fighting games aren't for you.
>>
>>376260126
>This is even worse for games with really bad/delay netcode Examu stuff or Melty
Melty has one of the best netcodes for any fighting game.

>>376260192
>not sure if I'm still young enough
Unless you're 60 you will be fine.
>>
>>376260796
That's true, but that's a different point than what I was saying. Experience enhances your reaction times more than age detracts it. Not having to think about the situation and instead just react is worth way more. So for example you'll be way faster/more consistent blocking Karen's mixups if you've played a hundred different decent Karens than someone who has only played a few, even if they are in the prime of their reaction times by age.
>>
File: kula2.jpg (83KB, 480x1100px) Image search: [Google]
kula2.jpg
83KB, 480x1100px
>>376260809
Try KoF XIV. It's not complex like anime fighters. It's relatively simple stuff, except now you have a hop in addition to your jump.
>>
>>376260809
Sounds like you just have a shitty attitude.
>>
>>376260126
Expanding on this a bit further, Guan Yu isn't going to rise from the grave to kick little Lei Huang's ass in it. Xiaohai, on the other hand, has a chance of going to a KoF tournament and beating the little kiddos that came there and lack his experience with the game. Until the old masters start dying off, retiring, or faltering from old age, results will be pretty consistent. No kid is going to come out of nowhere bumfuck Missouri (read as: not a major city in the aforementioned state) and start raping ass. You NEED a strong scene to do well in games anyone actually cares about. Even then, travel to tournaments and such is a massive money sink for those looking to seriously improve and there are much fewer of them compared to chess. I bet an online warrior could get top 8 in Nitroplus Blasterz (provided no Japanese show up) but any game where people work hard to push the meta like Street Fighter V or have worked hard to push the meta in the past to the point where it's basically a solved game like Third Strike, they have no chance of it. The same can not be said of Chess.

And I'm not saying that chess tourneys are cheap either, fuck no, their opens last much longer and cost way more to get to, but still, the actual practice part is much easier. Chess is mostly remembering setups and reading strategies at this point. No worries about misinputs other than accidentally touching the wrong piece. They solved long distance chess before the internet, even, with correspondence chess, which you can just send a letter to anyone to play and get better. Even the recording of matches was solved years ago, as they reported the games and the plays made in them so you could study them centuries ago.
>>376261075
I've had very hit and miss experiences with the Caster. I have a friend that's maybe 1400 KM from me and we get shit matches that drop. It's not even the internet being the problem, as we can do fine in GGPO games. Steam version's even worse.
>>
>>376258034
>right now darkstalkers is the name you drop to make your e-dick bigger without ever playing, that used to be third strike
Are you kidding? Even mentioning Darkstalkers in passing just gets 50 pages of "DEAD GAME."
>>
>>376259730
Yeah, this is something I never got. People like Justin Wong will play a bunch of different games for fun, but kappakids on 4chan will go insane about any game that's not their favorite with little provocation.
>>
File: 1.jpg (142KB, 785x800px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
142KB, 785x800px
>>376261149
Obviously you have to know something exists to be able to react to it. You're not just going to see something once and know what to do immediately.

BTW, Karin only has one mean mixup. Everything else is a guess in your favor.
>>
>>376259936
not everyone lives in an area with many players for old games, or any for that matter.

Living in Lithuania is suffering.
>>
>>376259408
ST, sure, but Vsav? I don't see many new players for it anymore. Think I faced like one or two young guys in an online tourney once, but the ones I usually see hanging around have been into it for years.
>>
SF V < SF3/4
MvC 3 < MvC 2 (MvCI look shit)
KoF 14 is too ugly to play
Smash 4 < melee
MK is shit as always
Soulcalibur 2 is still king

Is it just me or are fighting games regressing? Whats the point of playing fightan when all they do is streamline the shit out of them and remove player expression. Will moving to anime or 3D bring me any joy?
>>
>>376261252
Yeah 20+ years of depression does that to a person.

>>376261449
Every community I try to join either dies before I make any progress, or I say/do something to ostracize myself from the group and I have to look for another community.
>>
>>376261525
It sounds like common fucking sense, but those touting the whole reaction times and old players can't get good thing are just pushing excuses. It just takes commitment to learn awareness. That's all I'm stressing.

>>376261548
It sucks bro. I was just saying that shitty attitudes come from people who primarily play online. They also crutch on wifi frametraps. It makes me sad that fighting games are so much better offline but that's the whole bitch of them. They are not very easy to play good matches at-will.
>>
>>376261268
Then something must be wrong with your internet or you must mess the settings up, because 1400km is perfectly doable with 0 delay on normal connections. I can play basically everyone in europe with 0 delay and I don't even have fiber.
>>
>>376260809
How I found the game for me was I watched a combo video, then lots of matches from expert players.

Or the next best thing would be to see if you have any community near you and see what games they play. In-person, the FGC are usually cordial to newcomers. It's a different experience when someone beside you can help you find your game, and they usually have most fighting games available for you to try out.

Don't give up mate; fighting games are explicitly designed to be fun. So, have fun through all the tough things your experiencing and savor it. It always gets better as long as you persevere.
>>
>>376259828
I'm a literal autismoid and look retarded every time I ask for help or walk up to people.
>>
>>376261748
Part of it are games trying to appeal to wider audience and regressing, yes. Part of it is just that scenes are much larger, so people are abusing games a lot harder. The end result of this in pretty much all cases is that games end up more defensive or setplay oriented due to it. There are exceptions, but that's the general rule.

>>376261759
Quit feeling sorry for yourself. Either jump into the game and say fuck the haters or don't play.
>>
>>376261759

SJ?
>>
>>376262073
Dude, you just ask for a friendly/casual match. Ask them questions about their character.

>Hey wow, you were raping me with that mixup. How do I avoid that?
>I see your execution is awesome. Is there a trick to ____?
Some people will not tell you shit. Plenty of people will start info-dumping you. Every scene has some mid-level player with top-level knowledge that simply doesn't play enough to be godlike but can help others get there. They are easy to find.
>>
>>376261949
I wish I knew what resources there are to actually find local meetups. I thought for the longest time it was SRK, but I guess there's some new way that no one is telling me.
>>
>>376261275
he didn't say anyone actually believed them
>>
How do I get better with Vega, one thing I struggle with is the wall dive, I don't get anything because everybody just jump back mk's me right out of it
>>
>>376261891
not him, but how good is EU to US connection in Melty?
>>
>>376262274
Discord seems to be the new way to locate players for specific games.
>>
>>376262435
This and facebook groups. What I would probably do if I were you is find a local tournament just through googling. Ask the players there where they communicate. Most groups are pretty insular in that they don't particularly advertise and can be tough to find. Almost all of them are super-open, though.
>>
>>376262274

>buhuhuhuhu spoonfeed me

Use your fucking brain and you will find people to play with
>>
File: Kolin SFV.jpg (92KB, 392x662px) Image search: [Google]
Kolin SFV.jpg
92KB, 392x662px
>>376260809
I think I know how you feel anon. I tried so many times to get into Fighting Games but nothing made sense to me and I suck. I even bought a TE stick for Super SF4 but never put in the time.

I ended up buying SF5 and Kolin because I really liked how comfy her Story outfit looked, but to my surprise her character actually clicked with me. I can actually do some basic combos and link into Super. I can actually beat some casuals with those combos and her parry.

It's a long way to go to get decent but with Kolin, I actually feel like I'm "playing" a fighting game for the first time
>>
>>376260809
Play Divekick
>>
fightstick or fightpad worth owning?
>>
>>376262858
If you're serious.
>>
>>376262418
I don't have much experience with SFV, but if it's like 4 walldive in neutral is mostly a gimmick and you simply should not do it too much (or at all).

>>376262430
Eu and US are pretty big, so of course it varies a lot between playing London to New York or Las Vegas to Helsinki.

In general playing EU to east coast is pretty good, better than a lot of other games EU to EU or US to US, but most people stick to playing inside their continent because the connection is even better like that and there's enough people to find games inside your continent.
>>
>>376262858
Not really. Stick to what you're comfortable with. Learning an entirely new control scheme will take even longer until you see results.

There are no real benefits from choosing one over the other.
>>
>>376262858
HItbox Arcade

I used to recommend Qanba sticks for being dual modded, but since most games are played on Playstation now, unless you play KI, you really don't need an Xbox PCB of any sort.
>>
>>376262858
I just use a regular controller, but I bust it easy. If you're in for the long haul, consider how to replace or fix your stick/pad.
>>
File: 1485843404000.jpg (333KB, 1024x1103px) Image search: [Google]
1485843404000.jpg
333KB, 1024x1103px
>>376231843
How do i branch out in GG Revelator/ Rev2?

The only character i was ever decent was Axel and when i try to play other characters i just can't adapt to their play style and get bodied.

I've tried the following characters
>Johnny
>Potenkim
>venom
>Raven
>Faust
>Kum

I really can't figure out how to play those no matter how much i've spent practicing.
>>
>>376263169
Do you read guides? I didn't really "get" Chipp until I read ShinKensou's Chipp bible.
>>
>>376262858
First I want you to understand that neither of those things will make you a better player. Now if you get that, it's all up to personal preference. You could order them and return them if you don't like them or something. I just took the leap and bought a stick and I've been using it ever since.
>>
>>376261675
I wouldn't say "new" players I suppose. Maybe people from anime games or street fighter looking for a middle ground, or people tired of newer fighters. It could just be a region thing as well. People trickle in slower for vsav, though, so it isn't some huge influx of new players in comparison to st.
>>
File: 1489183376122.gif (833KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489183376122.gif
833KB, 700x600px
A friend convinced me to buy BBCF on steam but he barely goes online.
I'm pretty bad at fighting games overall, is online a good place to learn stuff or should I try to find someone to play frequently with?
>>
How different will Injustice 2 be to SFV mechanics wise?
>>
>>376262858
Don't listen to memers, you'll fuck you hands up playing on pad if you don't have tiny asian hands. Mine are so big, I need something larger than a gamepad for long sessions, so yeah, a stick is good unless you want to use The Duke.
>>
>>376263327
I only found some basic BnB some time ago and watched a couple of youtube videos but nothing really that helpfull.

Do you know any decent guides for characters i mentioned?
>>
>>376263169
Axl is a really peculiar character that can destroy people that don't know how to deal with him easily. ou may have fallen into bad habits with him that don't work with other characters. Or you may just try to compare your newer characters with your more experienced Axl so it looks to you like you don't get those characters when you just lack experience compared to your main.

Just pick another one character you want to learn and do the same you did for Axl. Try to really learn that one character for a while. Read guides, watch top players, ask advice etc.
>>
>>376263169
I think when learning new characters, the first few things to do are:

-get used to their movement
-identify their pokes
-experiment with their specials/gameplan and how they interact with the first two

You could also check novril's guilty bits, though outdated for the game, give a good summary on each character's purpose.
>>
>>376263169
Watch replays of yourself playing. Seriously.
>>
>>376263445
Finding someone to play with is good, especially if they can give you advice after you're done playing.
>>
>>376263445
Play tutorials and watch some videos if you still don't understand certain mechanics. Practice in training mode with bots as well.
Here, I'll give you some stuff to start
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt0wT4BzsLg&t=155s
https://pastebin.com/zVa2p4Q3
>>
>>376263581
Yes. Leddit has resources and there is a discord for every character. You can get guides and even specific help from those.

Johnny
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CsVdze_0fRu7hhHZrAxD8ajBGgSdMzRo684uTw4ef4Q/edit
Potemkin
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s313/sh/7f3f2cd6-ab8d-470d-8172-9a234f6fc458/3cd813704ea80e0eae2232150cf20669
Venom
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l2we8pbqN2KQlXk52A5CIg17M6ieRx6uKy3y2AbcLt4/edit
Raven
http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php/GGXRD-R/Raven (sadly, the wiki isn't really updated as much anymore)
Faust
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbMgUFpWxq4&feature=youtu.be&t=29
Kum
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N_8EEl7tZsCVdhqtQvVjrb_5epM3zYk_oi5QbrXacvg/edit#heading=h.24nc7hxutfs3

You really should focus on only one or two characters at a time, though. Is there a certain playstyle you prefer?
>>
File: 1460723664349.jpg (40KB, 780x585px) Image search: [Google]
1460723664349.jpg
40KB, 780x585px
>>376263445
I bought it as well because I've got offline people to play with but no online cause no console.

The netcode is so bad and nobody's playing but guess what. The one time it decided to give me a semblance of a manageable online fight, I found people who taught me stuff while beating the shit out of me. I then went back to offline and the people I play with were shocked by what I was doing. They still fucked me up, 7 years of them playing BB aint a joke but still.

Online can be a learning ground nowadays. I just fucking wish it had an actual netcode. Wanna play the shit out of it but everyone's a 0bar.
>>
>>376264360
Do you use the discord for matchmaking? hat should give you much better results than playing randoms.
>>
File: 1491231433073.jpg (174KB, 873x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1491231433073.jpg
174KB, 873x1920px
>>376263617
>ask advice
ok them, here are two questions:
>As potenkim, how do i get in or get counters? Most of his slashes and h.slashes are slow as fuck and even when i know what the opponent will do i usually the one getting countered.
>As Venom, how do i setup my billiard balls and what normals to use so i can keep the enemy away without trowing all of them at once?
>>376263625
I watched his videos but the majority of them are for the previous game, i'm waiting on his written guide for rev2.
>>376263724
will do.
>>376264329
this seems very helpfull, thanks mate.
>>
>>376241406
is there anywhere I can get one of thoese but with the layout reversed? Movement on the right and buttons on the left
>>
File: 1492492927455.png (73KB, 259x259px) Image search: [Google]
1492492927455.png
73KB, 259x259px
what games do you guys actually play? Do you go to locals?

I go to locals for Melee, trying to learn SFV and hoping that Xrd Rev2 comes to PC
>>
>>376264508
I'm in the /blaz/ general discord. Only ever found 1 guy who got it for PC and out connection is abysmal. All others are PS4.
>>
File: Continue.png (1MB, 1336x1001px) Image search: [Google]
Continue.png
1MB, 1336x1001px
>>376233272
I'm not great by any means at fighting games, but i started a couple of years ago with Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo and loved it, try different SF2 versions and SF in general it's great, also 3rd strike it's by far the best fighting game i've played, Ultra 4 is really balanced and fun but not as fun as 3, and V is shit for now, didn't really like KoF though they are good games especially 98 and 02 for what i've heard, Mortal Kombat up to 3 were good, then shit up to 9 that was good but really shallow in terms of mechanics, not that the first MK were any different, Tekken is also amazing, only played 3-4-5-TT but it feels like a different genre from 2D, Marvel vs Capcom is also really good too and easy to get into hope it helped my dude
>>
>>376264729
I play GGRev, BBCF, KoF XIV, and SFV. I haven't played V in months though, but I'd go back if a friend wanted to play me.
>>
>>376264514
I'm not a GG player so I can't give you specific matchup advice. I meant more like playing with someone and asking them for advice after you're done playing.

Venom is one of the more complex characters with the more time to train so he's gonna be hard to pick up. Here you can see ball formations, but as for how to us them, again I can't help you much.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php/GGXRD/Venom

>>376264763
Pretty sure there's a non /blaz/ discord, I'm sure it has more players than just /blaz/. Just google Blzblue discord and something should come up.
>>
>>376264729
I play GG, I'm dropping SF5 because i've spend more time trying to play and getting angry at it them actually playing the game. It is just a sad mess.
I want to get into balz blue and i might get the PC version next month or so.
My country doesn't have locals that i know off.
>Xrd Rev2 comes to PC
i believe it comes in the same day as the ps4 version as downloadable content, so it is cheaper if you already have the previous version.
>>
>>376264152
Thanks for the links, it helps a lot. I have been chilling doing naoto/kokonoe missions but often when playing with my friend I forget about the basics.
>>
>>376264514

Watch some videos of people playing those characters dumbass
>>
How do I play and practice two different fighters at the same time? I'm trying to play Sm4sh and GGxrd.
>>
File: 1491234005035.png (900KB, 1175x1962px) Image search: [Google]
1491234005035.png
900KB, 1175x1962px
>>376265040
>>376263581
>>
>>376264585
Make your own.

No, really. It's actually pretty simple to make one.
>>
File: 1491803899287.png (466KB, 700x908px) Image search: [Google]
1491803899287.png
466KB, 700x908px
>>376264993
>i believe it comes in the same day as the ps4 version as downloadable content, so it is cheaper if you already have the previous version.
oh shit I didn't know, I have sign but not Rev so I guess I'll pick that up

is Rev2 all that different from Rev?
>>
>>376265261
Pretty sure he meant to watch actual match footage, not guides. That's very helpful and usually tells you more than a 100000 words guide.

https://keeponrock.in/
>>
>>376263469
Its different from MK from what I played in the beta but i know shit about fighting games.
>>
>>376265261

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=guilty+gear+xrd+match+videos
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=best+potemkin+player

This is the last thing I'm giving you, stop begging for spoonfeeding when a simple google search can help you. Watch some potemkin matches and try and copy what they do
>>
File: ruuue.jpg (213KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
ruuue.jpg
213KB, 1000x563px
>>376241406
Did you copy me?
>>
Anyone want to play something on fightcade?
>>
File: 1466408727240.gif (193KB, 145x170px) Image search: [Google]
1466408727240.gif
193KB, 145x170px
>>376265117
Just divide your time. Lots of players play more than one game. Are you already pretty good at both or at least have knowledge of the basics? If so, just play one for one hour, then the other for the next hour. Are you still trying to learn the basics of one? Set aside a week to just play that one.

This is coming from a guy that plays a bunch of different games in tournaments. I guess SFV is my main game simply due to me having put more time into it, but I also play GG and Smash. Even won a SFV tournament recently. It's just about how you manage your free time. Do you spend a lot of time watching tv, shitposting, or looking at porn? Just devote the time you would have spent doing that practicing a new game. I used to exercise a lot more and play PSO2, but I cut down on the time I spent on those things to learn KoF.
>>
>>376265392
it has a bunch of balance changes and 2 new characters, probably more will come out just like in revelator. hopefully they will add robo Ky.
>>
File: 1464108582397.gif (219KB, 240x288px) Image search: [Google]
1464108582397.gif
219KB, 240x288px
>>376265117
>>376265651
Also, do you have ADHD? Serious question? I do and have generally shit time management, so I have to set timers and get people to remind me to practice. I guess that could help. Medicine, oddly enough, just made me play worse.
>>
>>376265651
Alright I'll do that then, thanks.
>>
>>376264965
I dont think you understand when I write "everyone is 0bars"

Because I mean it. Even the people I had 1bars with are now 0 after the latest "fix" they did.
>>
are there any characters I *shouldn't* pick as a new GG player? I'm most interested in Elphelt or Kim Haehyun
>>
>>376265920
don't pick zato or johnny
>>
>>376265874
Do you live in Southeast asia or something?
>>376265920
Either of those are fine for new players.
>>
>>376265920
Those characters should be fine so go for it.
>>
>>376264729
>Melee
that's not a fighting game.
>>
>>376264729
>hoping that Xrd Rev2 comes to PC

It has already been announced for June 1st for PC.
>>
File: basedbarry.webm (2MB, 940x450px) Image search: [Google]
basedbarry.webm
2MB, 940x450px
>>376264514
>>376265261
Who you maining in injustice 2 /co/ anons?
>>
File: Wall of Shame.jpg (3MB, 2483x4490px) Image search: [Google]
Wall of Shame.jpg
3MB, 2483x4490px
>>
>>376266105
I'm the same guy and i don't plan on getting injustice, i just don't really like NRS gameplay style.

>>376265427
that's helpfull as hell, thanks mate.
>>
>>376266039
No, EU.
>>
>>376266147
I ain't reading that shit nigga
>>
Having a bit of trouble training an alt after a bazillion hours focusing only on my main. It's almost like learning an entirely new game.
>>
>>376264514
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDMQ9bUPSxs

This is a decent primer for some basic venom ball play in neutral.
>>
>>376266147
the guy who said that tekken is infinitely deeper than any 2d fighter was right
>>
>>376264514
For Venom, the way to set out balls safely is usually from far away, jump>ball set, or after any normal (usually 2D since it knocksdown). Use your teleport, QV, and 5S/2S>ball summon to get a ball out when your opponent is not all the way at the other screen.

You are only meant to ball summon 1~2 balls at a time, since it's easy for the opponent to rush you down if you do any more in the neutral or after knockdown.

Anyways, using 5P is the way to go after setting a ball in front of you, since it's nice and slow, if the opponent tries to confront you on the ground. Then immediately summon another ball to assess the situation and see what they did to avoid the first ball set.

Remember, different attacks change the trajectory and speed of the ball when it goes flying. For example, using 6P shoots a ball in front of you a nice diagonal movement, perfect for when opponents try to take the aerial approach.

The standard way of combining these two methods is after getting a 214K>214P ball formation set, tap 5P and the balls will cover the screen in a horizontal V from your position. The opponent is restricted to about the horizontal air dash zone of the screen, which is an awkward field of space that few characters can traverse normally. Since the easiest way to avoid this tactic is to airdash, be ready for an anti-air, or do the tactic again since even if they get past it the first time, they usually don't have time to react to the second wave.

Use this to also slowly advance with the balls as well, ball summoning behind them. When you get to an ideal distance, you can replace the balls with your normals/specials of choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDMQ9bUPSxs

TLDR: Watch the video
Also, again, this was made from Rev1, but the ball formations/tactics are still the same.
>>
File: 14188951386356.gif (3MB, 190x200px) Image search: [Google]
14188951386356.gif
3MB, 190x200px
>>376266409
>the guy who said that tekken is infinitely deeper than any 2d fighter was right
>>
>>376266147
Butthurt Capcbro must have made this.

How can you not believe a game with a fucking Z-Axis is more deep than your linear 2d nonsense? Please tell me of a 2d fighting game more complex than Tekken. BlazBlue? I can kind of maybe see that if it weren't for the fact that every matchup is the same on every stage. In 3d, some characters are much worse or better depending on whether or not the stage has walls. VF is the same way. Have fun using a character with good corner carry and nothing else in a stage where you can't force a ringout.
>>
>>376259417
This is true.
I just fucking won my local tournament yesterday and people are doing nothing but doubting me and saying the character is the thing that won it.
No matter how much this thread says otherwise, people in the FGC are almost always out to get you.
>>
>>376266323
What game? I get it if you're playing ArcSys, but I can transition pretty easily in something like Tekken.
>>
File: epeen.jpg (284KB, 616x1385px) Image search: [Google]
epeen.jpg
284KB, 616x1385px
Post hours.

I need to update this image, but you get the idea.
>>
>capcbros complain about people not playing other "dead" games
>capcbros complain about people trying too hard to discuss other "dead" games
Just admit you don't want everyone to play SF already
>>
>>376266686
>130 hours of SF5

Man, i love SF but even i couldn't get 50 hours on that fucking game.

>>376266373
>>376266436
thank you for the guides.
>>
File: cf.png (59KB, 626x139px) Image search: [Google]
cf.png
59KB, 626x139px
>>376266686
I haven't played it as much due to finals last week, but I'm gonna go all out this summer.
>>
>>376266686
>all this weeb anime shit
you've definitely tasted your own cum
>>
>>376264729
Training GG Xrd so that I'll be ready when Rev2 drops.
SFV on-hold until it becomes good.
>>
File: Itagaki thumb up.jpg (53KB, 352x352px) Image search: [Google]
Itagaki thumb up.jpg
53KB, 352x352px
Welp, time to go to sleep for me.

Hope this thread helped someone out. Have fun with fighting games.
>>
File: IMG_2801.jpg (7KB, 97x89px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2801.jpg
7KB, 97x89px
HOW DO I DO GUILES SUPER?!

pls don't make fun of me, I was born in 97 I don't play fighting games til sfiv, I am platinum in sfv with Necalli and Mika, but I really like how Guile looks
>>
>>376267280
fuck off retard
>>
>>376266686
Dont even know how to pick them apart from the list of all my games.
>>
>>376267402
sonic boom - back forward + P
>>
why the fuck does capcom insist on having a literal 'get your ass beat to fill this up' meter

cod blops3 meter on a timer that rewards everone for getting kills, not just kill streaks, is a good way to reward bad players. and then the reward for it is a fucking gun, and not a attack heli or 'press q for ult' that takes you away from the fps. the only issue is being balancing in a creative sense.
>>
File: hurrgfv.jpg (313KB, 753x1051px) Image search: [Google]
hurrgfv.jpg
313KB, 753x1051px
>>376266686
>>
>>376251985
>a stick wont make you better at the game

Actually it can. If you're like me and controllers were rubbing your thumbs raw then using a stick would allow you to play more precisely.
>>
>>376267280
it certainly did for me, i'm saving all the links people gave me for future reference, thanks a lot anon, hope we get more threads like that in the future.
>>
>>376267467
I play on stick btw, is their a rhythm to it like how fast do I have to be
>>
>>376267572
i also rpefer an arcade stick, especially the square gate ones, they are much easier to to charge move and dp motions.
>>
>>376265261
What is this post supposed to convey?
>>
Why do you have to win three out of five rounds to win a game of Tekken while Street Fighter has best of 3 games? Smaller health bars and less damage scaling?
>>
File: 4b22c59965.png (4KB, 754x92px) Image search: [Google]
4b22c59965.png
4KB, 754x92px
>>376267018
The delay can be pretty bad even against nearby players, but I feel more inclined to play it just because it has more tournaments near where I live.
130 is basically nothing compared to pros anyway
>>376267561
Forgot to show my fightcade hours, though mine are not as impressive.
>>376267426
I just used photoshop to crop them, and you can do the same with MSPaint.
>>376267071
lol, my most played game is Street Fighter and you still find a way to complain about anime.

Can you explain to me what's wrong with those anime games mechanics wise, though? Nitroplus is just a more balanced Marvel vs Capcom 1 and Uniel is a pretty good compromise between a traditional fighting game and an airdasher. Are your gripes just with them being anime games, or is there some system mechanic you truly hate? Legit serious, as I see anime games attract a lot of anger, but never much explanation of why people think they're bad.
>>
>>376267561
>>376266686
Any easy way to show fighting games only like this?
>>
>>376267572

A lot of top level players still use controllers, its about whats comfier
>>
File: 41QgErK+8NL.jpg (24KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
41QgErK+8NL.jpg
24KB, 500x375px
>>376234403
Is that Hori pad better or worse than this one? I'm also thinking about getting a pad.
>>
>>376267814
I understand that but it doesn't contradict what I said.
>>
>>376267801
I copied and pasted all of them into ps it took me less than 2m
>>
>>376267280
Interesting thread, thanks for the advice
>>
>>376231843
i SFV worth it on PC?
>>
>>376267895

Your thumb doesn't get rubbed raw
>>
>>376267784
Based on the tournament footage I've seen it makes sense since they can go so fucking fast.
>>
File: P4Clash.gif (4MB, 402x225px) Image search: [Google]
P4Clash.gif
4MB, 402x225px
>>376267071
Anime is pretty cooooool
>>
>>376267961
Please tell me more about what didn't happen to my own thumbs.
>>
File: Steam_2017-05-07_21-46-25.png (37KB, 512x89px) Image search: [Google]
Steam_2017-05-07_21-46-25.png
37KB, 512x89px
>>376267018
Some people like to appreciate things. Others like to hate. Such is the way of the world.

>>376267960
Yeah, it has crossplay so it doesn't really make any difference getting it on PS4 or PC.

Actually, PC can get extra eye-candy and mods. And user made character skins, there's a ton out there and some of them are very good.
>>
>>376264809
This. Street Fighter II is what almost every subsequent fighting game is based on. If you learn SF2, you can play any fighting game.
>>
>>376267402
>20 year old platinum
>I'm 30 and still Ultra Bronze
I should just quit
>>376267639
do it fast. As soon as you have the charge (4)immediately jerk it as 646
>>
>>376268103
Not him. It does happen at the start, but if you grit your teeth, in a few days you will form a callus on your thumb and it will stop hurting.
>>
>>376267784
i guess it is because health goes down really fast, also 3 rounds is the standard for japanese arcades.
>>
>>376268249
Nope. I played for over a year before I had to make the switch.
>>
>>376267402
The heck, you're platinum and can't do a simple move like that? I hope you're lying about your rank, because that would make me feel so bad about still being gold.
>>
>>376267960
Do you have an AMD card? I do (r7 260x) and it gives me trouble. I here it's fine with Nvidia, though.
>>
>>376241506
square because cant play a charge character on octagonal
>>
>>376268092
no fun allowed
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (184KB, 513x368px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
184KB, 513x368px
>>376266686
Too much work to get them all in. I'll just do the ones I've actually decided to play.

For the record I abhor SFV.
>>
>>376268363
He's plat on motion characters, it's easy to understand why he might be having trouble with charge inputs.

Yes, necalli has one, but it's just a single charge
>>
File: 1480628607201.jpg (26KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
1480628607201.jpg
26KB, 600x512px
>>376268454
>cant play a charge character on octagonal
>>
>>376267402
maybe your doing unnecessary when you practice consciously try to only do
charge downback
forward
back
foward+punch
being able to execute a super isnt enough, so think of situations that youll need to use this in to be prepared. if you fuck up in an actual match, go back in training mode a grind out those situations again
>>
>>376268592
>For the record I abhor SFV.
Took you more than 500 hours to come to that conclusion?
>>
>>376268592
So what's your main fighting game now? Still USFIV?
>>376268818
let's be fair, if he said it with only a few hours, a bunch of retards on here would be going "WELL YOU ONLY PLAYED IT FOR A LITTLE WHILE, SO YOU'RE PROBABLY JUST TRASH!" It's the perfect defense. Anyone that played it too little lacks experience and anyone that's played it too much is just lying about hating it to look cool.

I mean, I personally like SFV, but I can totally understand others not wanting to play it.
>>
>>376268592
how do you play a game that you hate for 500 hours
what
>>
>>376267860
the one you posted is worse. the design is made for claw grip and the dpad rotates, which isnt useful and makes the dpad's lifetime much shorter. It also doesn't have x-input like the symettrical one.
>>
>>376269034
That's actually quite easy. Did you ever play TF2 or Payday 2? Games were both ruined, but some people played them for years beforehand. I had a similar experience with SFV. Loved Season 1 Mika. Got pissed when they removed the invisible wall and play it much less now.
>>
>>376269016
>Anyone that played it too little lacks experience and anyone that's played it too much is just lying about hating it to look cool.
and here we go
>>376269034
>>
>>376269034
>SFIV players
>SFV players
>Tekken Tag 2 players
>Soul Calibur IV players
>Marvel vs Capcom 3 players
>>
File: 1463415754839.jpg (74KB, 599x563px) Image search: [Google]
1463415754839.jpg
74KB, 599x563px
>>376268818
>>376269034
Somewhere around 200. The rest are when there's nothing else to play or invitations from people who wanna play me because they think I'm somehow good at it.

The netcode's good and there's people in. More than I can say about the rest in that list.

>>376269016
USFIV is bae but I'm trying hard to get good at BB since I found offline people to play with.
>>
File: NoFunAllowed.gif (4MB, 402x226px) Image search: [Google]
NoFunAllowed.gif
4MB, 402x226px
>>376268479
I gotchu famino
>>
>>376268667
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMIzsIwSkjs
>>
>>376269342
I don't give a fuck what that video says. I can do charge moves fine on my octo gate.
>>
>>376269217
>>376268592
who do you play in usf4?

how active is it

I mostly play ST, want to pick it up, I was never around for the glory days of sf4
>>
File: Honoka throw 1.webm (3MB, 1067x600px) Image search: [Google]
Honoka throw 1.webm
3MB, 1067x600px
>>376264729
I go to locals for DOA and am lucky that all the big DOA majors are within driving distance. Feels good to be in one of the few places DOA actually carries on.
>>
>>376269124
>TF2 was ruined
I still play it very often since like 2009 and is like 3rd game on steam. Far from ruined.
Still see your point.
>>
>>376270159
>a bunch of 15 year old furries play it so it isn't ruined

noice lawgic m8
>>
File: Unpractical tbh.webm (3MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Unpractical tbh.webm
3MB, 1280x800px
>>376269739
After that many hours I can say I play about 40% of the cast at a decent level.

Oni main
Cody ex-main
Poison secondary

People have told me my Juri is scary as fuck though, I dont really get it since I cant into her 1st Ultra which makes everything a dialup combo but I can do this to them pretty consistently so I guess it works.

Online is barren right now but I'll be honest, even now I find more people than I do with GG or BB.
>>
>>376270246
Pretty much only time you run into furries is when you go into a furry server. Other than that, it's pretty rare.
Thread is about fighting games though, so that's your last (You).
>>
>>376270269
>Online is barren right now

About 200 people play it daily on Steam, so I wouldn't say it's barren. Last time I tried a few weeks back, it was impossible to get into a single Arcade Mode match before being matched using Fight Request.
>>
File: 1491051807260.jpg (204KB, 660x751px) Image search: [Google]
1491051807260.jpg
204KB, 660x751px
>>376270269
>you will never play sf4 in its prime

fuck I am an idiot

>>376270537
nah valve ruined that game, sorry you weren't around pre mannconomy
>>
>>376269739
>>376270269
i wish my notebook could run usf4 again but my video car is kinda fucked right now so after 20 minutes of play it starts getting frame drops.
>>
>>376231843
Did anything exciting happen during that last SFV Eleague?
>>
>>376270716
>muh ruined games
Both games you're talking about can be played perfectly fine today. I think you're just trying to sound cool or fit in.
>>
if you like COOL fighting games and are 50% sperg or less you might like this discord

https://discord.gg/GhheE

fightcade games and revelator are the most active
80/20 us/eu
>>
>>376268240
>I'm 31 and also still Ultra Bronze
It isn't really surprising, since this is the first time I've actually put a decent amount of time into online play.
>>
File: 1479011720917.jpg (282KB, 1337x1826px) Image search: [Google]
1479011720917.jpg
282KB, 1337x1826px
How do I get good at/play GG on stick?
I've tried swapping to stick as a novice fighting game player. It helps me with inputs on moves a lot (coming from SF5/4). But in games like GG, I can't instant airdash or move nearly as well as I can on pad. Though then I have major issues with moves.
>>
>>376271534
You didn't say how long you've been using the stick so you're not going to get much of an answer.

If it's been a few days or weeks the answer is to keep practicing and do execution drills.

If it's been months and you can't do simple things like instant air dashes you should make sure you're grasping the stick correctly. You should make a point to only move the stick as much as necessary.
>>
>>376271534
just like every game it takes a bit of time. it took me like 2 months to get used with a fight stick.
>>
>>376271534
You distill the moves down to their basic movements, look for overlaps to help you cut inputs, and then practice.

For example, if you start downback and then hit upforward to superjump, tapping forwards again will get you the dash. Much easier than down up forward forward.
>>
>>376271534

Just practice more that's all you can do
>>
Why is GG so unfriendly to get into for newfriends
>>
>>376272779
Has a lot of complicated mechanics.
The important thing is whether you like the game enough to learn them and keep playing.
>>
>>376271534
Inside combos instant airdashes can often be buffered.
For example on I-No I simply can't do the regular instant airdash input from 6P > 5HS
but I can buffer neutral jump during 5HS and then dash.
>>
>>376272779

I entered GG as a complete newbie (I had played SFIV and MVC3 casually in the past). After putting in some practice I can usually find people around my level to fight against. It just takes a bit of practice dude. The tutorial is pretty useful too telling you about the basic mechanics. Only putting in the practice and watching matches etc can really get you to understand when to use cancels etc

I'm a total retard so if I can do it you can too
>>
File: 1482971855618.gif (2MB, 265x364px) Image search: [Google]
1482971855618.gif
2MB, 265x364px
>>376271930
Probably about a month or two. It felt weird in SF for about a week before it seemed normal, but GG has so many dashes and back dashes that it seems like its quite a harder feat to accomplish on stick.
>>
>>376272779
lots of mechanics and play styles, it is quite overwhelming at first.
>>
>>376267561
>>376266686
Post Stead IDs. I'm adding you two.
>>
>>376266686

The only fighting game I have that I play sort of seriously, the rest are just for fun
>>
File: lol.png (40KB, 450x86px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
40KB, 450x86px
>>376273660
sorry I only play this now
>>
>>376273368
Why would you use a stick for a 2D fighter if you hadn't already been used to arcades?
>>
>>376274036
What a coincidence. I've only been play FFXI lately. Just got finished about an hour ago.
>>
>>376274146
Because, as I said, I can do move inputs much easier on it than on pad.
I'm fat fingering DPs and shit constantly on pad. Its ez mode on stick.
>>
Who should I main in Tekken if I really like shotos and fundamentals?
>>
>>376274578

Akuma
>>
>>376274146
not him but I had no preference/heard 360 controllers were pretty bad for fighting so I bought a stick
>>
>>376274578
>shotos and fundamentals?
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>376274873

The d-pad on a 360 controller is shocking

I did see a guy win a SFIV tournament on one though
>>
File: classic characters.jpg (815KB, 720x1400px) Image search: [Google]
classic characters.jpg
815KB, 720x1400px
i want the oldies back
>>
>>376275558
I'll take one from each

Feilong
Gen
Makoto
>>
>>376275558
M A K O T O
A
K
O
T
O
>>
>>376231843
How does it fell that a party game (smash) has a bigger audience then any game in your "community"
>>
>>376275730
Toyota camry has a bigger audience than Lamborghini veneno too.

Hopefully the logic will soon follow.
>>
>>376275730
Feels good. The smash community is like entirely grassroots and has put in the effort to grow, just like the SF community did until Capcom really started helping it. It's great to see any community grow entirely grassroots.

Pre-online play, the communities were all way smaller, but also way tighter-knit. Seeing the payoff from when we all were young is amazing. I just wish some smaller scenes like GG and KoF were able to blossom in the same ways.
>>
>>376275868
Yeah a camry is cheaper
>>
>>376275558
I wish season 2 had had one rep from each era of SF plus 2 newcomers. my personal season
Fei Long or Sagat
Sakura or Cody
Necro or Oro
Kolin
Ed
At least the last season 2 silhouette looks like Garuda.
>>
>>376275558
Non SFV player here. I used to play SFII Turbo on my gameboy and Alpha 3 / 3rd strike at a friends growing up. All I see is how bad SFV is supposed to be and how all they care about is keeping it afloat as an esport. What happened to this company?
>>
File: smuggiest.jpg (641KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
smuggiest.jpg
641KB, 1000x1000px
>>376266529
So is Smash even deeper? It has platforms and stages affect things even more.
>>
Can someone link me to that fightstick Ono is holding? I really love that poison skin.
>>
Tekken 7 is going to be the greatest fighting game ever created.
>>
>>376274578
Jin, Kayuma, Heihachi, Akuma.
>>
>>376276448
VF4/5 is the greatest fighting game ever created.
Tekken 7 is certainly the best living fighting game of the times though.
>>
>>376276308
Fighting games are bad at attracting new players, so they thought it would be a great idea to dumb the whole game down and let all the old players down.
Then they released the game without any content and the content it got a couple months later wasn't very good. In general the user experience really sucks. Letting the newcomers down.

It's a game made for streamviewers, not for players.
>>
>>376276448
Anyone who's been exposed to more technical, more dynamic fighting games will quickly pass on tekken. Other top fighters, namely Street Fighter, KoF and MK have advanced impressively in their latest installments; but the relic that is tekken just can't seem to evolve, furthermore many combos can be done simply by hitting 1-button, and the nearly "instant-kill" rage art moves are just laughably broken. Instead of a supplying a proper fighting engine, matches in T7 seem to rely heavily on "who can get their rage move off first". So many elements of the gameplay don't even require any sort of skill. In my book, slow motion over and over again also gets old very quickly. And in the end, it's more of a novelty or gimmick rather than an actual, thought-out fighting game mechanic. But hey, the casual crowd will be pleased!

If you want something a little more "button-masher-friendly," tekken might be your cup of tea.... Key word, might.
>>
>>376276428

It's custom made
>>
fuck fighting games, the learning curve is way too hard
>>
>>376277037

Just get a friend to practice with, then you can both gitgud together
>>
Venom player reporting in. Working on learning Millia and Johnny.
>>
>>376276730
Could you be anymore of a casual
>>
>>376277037

You really just gotta find a character that clicks with you.

Then you'll be motivated to learn. I literally tried and failed to get into fighting games for 8 years and then I found the right character one day and it's all fun and games now.
>>
File: 1486332010195.png (335KB, 417x515px) Image search: [Google]
1486332010195.png
335KB, 417x515px
>>376277172
>>376277252
I think my reflexes aren't just good enough, I gave up after 700 hours of SF4 and 5 combined, still bronze, still no fun at all to me to get bodied by people that know are shit, I overthink everything, that's just me though, fuck fightans personally
>>
>>376276964
If you think that Tekken hasn't been improving or evolving, then you clearly haven't played Tekken 5, 6 nor 7. This literally sounds like it's coming from someone who has only watched some highlight video of someone at the King of Iron Fist tournament destroying someone.

When you actually play the games, then give me your terrible opinion dude.

Also;
>MK
>Top Tier Fighter
Opinion is null and void.
>>
>>376276964
>Mortal Kombat
>Top Tier
lol
>>
File: 1488230973891.jpg (168KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1488230973891.jpg
168KB, 700x525px
>>376277486
>He doesn't know the copypasta.
>>
>>376276668
>>376274790
Thanks, homies
>>
File: VF5 vs Tekken.webm (3MB, 490x549px) Image search: [Google]
VF5 vs Tekken.webm
3MB, 490x549px
>>376277246
>VF
>casual
we're done here.
>>
>>376277732
>VF
>not casual
we're done here.
>>
>>376277732
>responding to obvious trolls
>>
>>376277732
>Claims virta fighter is not casual
>Posts a webm showing virta fighter is point blank mashing with zero spacing, strategy or skill
You either honestly though this webm was helping your argument which proves you are a turbo casual, or this is some elaborate bait.
>>
Why do people shit on SFV for being dash and mash, then recommend GGXRD, where the Unga meme LITERALLY originates from?
>>
>>376271082
>all those shit new weapons
>>
File: 1453040774467.jpg (35KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1453040774467.jpg
35KB, 500x282px
>>376278186
>claiming a game that is universally lauded as the most hardcore and deepest fighting game created is casual simply because you've never played it
gee I wonder if this post was made by a SF 09er
>>
>>376278270
There's a lot more going on in GG than expected.

http://guiltygearsweden.com/strategy/machaboo-on-fundamentals-for-those-that-want-to-become-good-at-gg/
>>
>>376231843
how do I beat falco with fox
>>
Well this was a nice thread while it lasted.
>>376231843 You should do this again some time OP.
>>
>>376278526
shoot better lasers
work on your punish game
learn to shine - bair
>>
>>376276329
Not the way they play it in tournaments. Any remotely interesting interactions are banned except that Pokemon stadium stage. Also,
>no Z-axis
>>
>>376278673
There is a Z-axis in Melee, but it barely affects anything except Yoshi's running grab.
>>
>>376273660
What's your region? Depending on where you live, I probably can't get a good connection with you.

U.S. East.

Also, pretty silent most of the time and I'm trash in most of those games anyway, but sure, if you're still interested
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Baron_Of_Wastes/
>>
>>376278186
You literally have zero clue as to what it is you're even talking about.
>>
>>376278667
>shoot better lasers
that sounds retarded but I'll guess i can work on it
>learn to shine bair
that shit it useless, double reverse bair is way better
>>
>>376278894
Coming from the literal casual
>>
>>376278673
You're right. More dimentions means more rich and deep gameplay.
One day we will get a 4th dimension in fighting games and this genre alone will prove once and for all that video games can be considered art.
>>
>>376277732
now post a video of yourself playing VF. I've literally only seen one guy in these threads ever show a webm of him playing VF. He was kinda shitty, but he at least managed to post proof.
>>
>>376266147
why did you randomly mix a bunch of retarded comments with smart comments?
>>
>>376241406
>want to make my own hitbox
>don't have tools for cutting plexi
>all i got is a cheesy bread box from dominos
Any site i can just order a pre made plexi?
>>
File: VFaggots BTFO.png (875KB, 1320x1002px) Image search: [Google]
VFaggots BTFO.png
875KB, 1320x1002px
>>376278460
>universally lauded as the most hardcore and deepest fighting game created
lolno
Even top VF plays say its casual and simple.

Congratulations on outing yourself as a clueless casual
>>
File: tekken vs tekken.jpg (209KB, 1336x1133px) Image search: [Google]
tekken vs tekken.jpg
209KB, 1336x1133px
>>376279130
Are you the same guy that posts the Tekken pasta every time? Serious question.

If so, congrats on having Barneyfag level dedication.
>>
File: 1422639709896.png (232KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
1422639709896.png
232KB, 370x370px
>>376278901
I just mean be to be less predictable with lasers and know your follows ups

if he just sits in shield run up and laser grab
if he runs at you throw lasers do laser reverse up-tilt
etc

you are gimping yourself if you can't quickly do aerials out of shine
>>
>>376279203
>Gets BTFO
>b-barny f-fag
>>
>it's a "retard that thinks technical skill is the only skill in fighting games" episode
>>
>>376279261
I'm not even the guy arguing with you about VF. I'm just curious about who you are.
>>
>>376279230
you understand I'm playing fox right
>>
>>376279302
This is some sad attempt at damage control
>>
>>376279060
The only console versions of VF are PS3 and 360, you clown. No one has video of that unless they have capture cards, not to mention that the console versions are complete ass. That said, if my PS3 still worked, I do have a shitload of replays saved on it. I would love to be able to post them (and also to play the damn game). More than that, I'd just dismantle you right now, not that I can't do it in any other game a chump like yourself even plays.

In fact, pick your best game. Let's go on PC or PS4 and I'll stream the matches.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (131KB, 1103x714px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
131KB, 1103x714px
>>376279130
kill yourself.
>>
are most players on ps4? steam is so dead
>>
>>376279324
oh I can't fucking read my B

shield stops and waveshine OoS to deal with lasers
immediately dashing after lasers can also work
up-smash OoS if he does bad Dair's on shield
shine spikes are free if he up-b's because no hitbox
holding ledge is broken because you just ledgehop bair
>>
File: VFdickriders BTFO.png (110KB, 667x636px) Image search: [Google]
VFdickriders BTFO.png
110KB, 667x636px
>>376279512
Im going to take the best VF player in the worlds opinion over gamespot.

Also literally follow the SRK link and its people literally saying
>No..its really not.

Get
Fucking
Reked
>>
>>376279738
Fuudo isn't even top 10 in VF. The fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: 1241962767.gif (299KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1241962767.gif
299KB, 500x373px
>>376279130
>>376279738
VF casuals on suicide watch
>>
>>376279482
You don't have a capture card? Thought everyone had at least one of the 20 dollar ones by now.

When did you get to play it in arcades?

日本人ですか?
>>
File: vd02_01.jpg (90KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vd02_01.jpg
90KB, 640x480px
>>376279738
More like SF is more matchup heavy and VF is actually about playing the damn game.

How is every character being viable a bad thing?
>inb4 he posts the tier list with le wide gap and ignores Evo 2012 being a low tier grand final

Also input complexity =/= depth of game by default, or else Marvel would be the deepest fighting game because of autism loops and infinites
>>
>>376279917
I'm the guy who was posting the home built (not mine) 5R cabinets a few years back. My buddy bought the board for $1400 and put together the same cabs that were in the Japanese arcades. Aside from that, our circle just watched the SBO tourneys. The versions that the consoles got are NOT the same versions from the arcades.

And you still need to pick a game to play. Whatever you pick, I have it, so long as it's not skullgirls.
>>
>>376280304
Having different matchups doesn't prevent all characters from being viable, having bad balance does.
Also, if there were no matchups in a game, it would mean that the cast is not diverse enough and characters just play too similarly. If you like that in a game, that's fine, just pointing it out.
>>
>>376280304
>VF is actually about playing the damn game.
Every post you make shows just how utterly clueless and casual you are

>every character being viable
LOL
>>
>fighting game thread on /v/
>actual advice and minimal shitposting

>fighting game discussion on /fgg/
>LE DEAD GAME, LE GOOBER, LE KUSOGE, LE /POL/

Holy shit, how can you people still stand to be in that general?
>>
>>376280613
Not him but who isn't viable in VF, you faggot 09er? Have you ever playes a single fighting game outside of sf4/5?
>>
>>376279130
>>376279738
Just remove these posts already, they do nothing for the thread.
>>
File: LOL.png (5KB, 234x292px) Image search: [Google]
LOL.png
5KB, 234x292px
>>376280304
>every character being viable
Really makes you think

https://virtuafighter.com/threads/latest-vf5fs-tier-lists.19352/
>>
>>376280390
I wasn't actually trying to post a challenge to you, I just wanted to see you play VF.

I concede, you win.
>>
>>376280705
All generals are circlejerking and shitposting almost exclusively.
>>
>>376280705
Are you fucking blind? This thread is full of shitposting
>>
>>376280837
Do you have autism
Look at this HIGH LEVEL GRAND FINALS MATCH FROM AN INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENT
Large gap, huh?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnhb6y1QAZw
>>
>>376280872
Well, it's still /v/. What did you expect?
>>
>>376280837
The funniest thing about that list is that Jacky, Brad, Goh and Jean were once considered non viable. All it takes is someone who can use them properly to have everyone change their minds. Tier lists are nonsense.
>>
>>376280996
>LOW TIERS CAN WIN REEEEE
>Posts a literal video of low tier losing
LMAO

Oh my days!
>>
>>376281148
Not exactly a large gap if it was the finals, einstein. Not to mention shun nearly lost. More than that, shun (B rank from your gay list) WON those finals.
>>
File: 1397348370958.jpg (152KB, 535x798px) Image search: [Google]
1397348370958.jpg
152KB, 535x798px
>>376280996
(B) Shun (winner)

LARGE
POWER
GAP

(D) El Blaze (loser)
>>
>>376281148
Low tier got second place in the fucking world cup? That's pretty impressive.

Also, I know you didn't watch it, but how about the Sega Cup 2014? Top 8 had a Pai, Kage, and El Blaze.
>>376281342
You know the El Blaze had to beat a bunch of Akiras and such to get to the grand finals, right?
>>
>>376281335
>Not to mention shun nearly lost.
>Gets a perfect
KEK
>>
File: vf.jpg (1MB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
vf.jpg
1MB, 1280x1810px
>literally the same guy with the same images every time VF comes up
legitimate autism. I wonder how badly his dad beat his ass in VF for his hatred to grow so strong.

...are you the kid from the ad?
>>
File: Ralph_Bighead_-_Snapshot_80.png (506KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ralph_Bighead_-_Snapshot_80.png
506KB, 640x480px
>mfw all those fighting games I bought on 360 aren't transferred to my Xbox One

next-gen was a mistake
>>
File: VKmDG21.gif (976KB, 490x353px) Image search: [Google]
VKmDG21.gif
976KB, 490x353px
>the anon pretending to be an expert on fighting games in action
>>
>>376280390
>a few years back. My buddy bought the board for $1400 and put together the same cabs that were in the Japanese arcades

dude why

they had taito type x2 emulators back then that could run that shit easily
>>
>>376280996
>Small side tournament with a handfull of players
>Low tier loses anyway
The fact you though this video would help your argument in any way is hilarious
>>
File: ChibitaVF5FS.jpg (130KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
ChibitaVF5FS.jpg
130KB, 640x350px
>>376281561
No one who actually played VF would have negative opinions of it unless it was too hard for them. It's not possible. These are underage SF4 bandwagoners. They've never been inside an arcade and their only personal fight sticks are those madcatz TE editions.
>>
File: 140683632145.gif (992KB, 389x259px) Image search: [Google]
140683632145.gif
992KB, 389x259px
>>376281783
This is what VF babies actually believe.
>>
File: 1476676244973.jpg (76KB, 447x265px) Image search: [Google]
1476676244973.jpg
76KB, 447x265px
>Had to refund BBCF because char select always dropped to 1fps and it'd drop frames in fights too

i really liked the bit i could play, love blazblue but the ports are worse than garbage
>>
>>376281783
>tfw the only arcade nearby got rid of VF
It was only VF1, but I'm still sad
>>
>>376282038
out of curiosity, what are your system specs?
>>
>>376282115
4690k 290x in CF, windows 7, 32 gb of ram
heard some people had this issue in the last port, doesnt seem they fixed it, decided to not risk bein out 40 bucks
>>
>>376282038
The CPE port was pretty much perfect, but the CF one had alot of issues. Are you using AMD?
>>
File: 1476350148199.png (292KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1476350148199.png
292KB, 1000x1000px
>>376281756
You didn't watch the 15th Beat Tribe Cup, did you? Guy WON WITH AN E TIER CHARACTER

https://youtu.be/G2EXohoF--M?t=13m49s
>>
File: 1445869409619.png (120KB, 297x251px) Image search: [Google]
1445869409619.png
120KB, 297x251px
>>376282387
oh, also worth mentioning that there were over 600 entrants
>>
>>376266147
this has to be the work of some 8wayrun reject who's beyond butthurt that scv is dead as shit, while tekken and sf are still alive
>>
>>376231843
I play Smash, and I'm not bad. Top ten in my region. But shit's dying here, so I wanna transition to fighters since the community's a little more active and online isn't quite as garbage as netplay is.

How difficult is the transition? I imagine lots of concepts translate one to one, or at least can be easily modified, like how tech chase situations can be analogous to knock downs and wake ups.
>>
>>376282387
do not reply to trolls. that is all.
>>
>>376282590
Why are tekken babys so bitter toward Soulcalibur players?
>>
>>376282768
I'm just pointing out what I see. How can I be bitter toward a franchise that was only ever alive when tekken 4 was ass?
>>
>>376282927
https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/may/10/tekken-tag-tournament-2-misses-sales-target-soul-calibur-5-doing-fine/
Whats with the passive aggressive behavior?
Its not my fault tekken is dying.
>>
>>376282648
If you're already good at Smash, it shouldn't be hard, depending on what game you want to play. Fighting game most similar to Smash is arguably KoF. I'm sure the KoF freaks will go crazy from me saying that, but
>short hop pressure is very important and viable for poking
>has blowback CDs to get opponents off of you and across the screen
If KoF isn't that popular where you are, SF is not all that similar to Smash as jumping is much more risky. Airdashers like GG have more in common since jumps are safe. Are you talking about 3d games like VF? That has a few similarities with smash, e.g. ringouts and button to block, but no one really plays it much anymore. Tekken has wavedashing, but that's about the only really similar thing I can think of without reaching.

Just saying "fighters" is really unclear and ambiguous, but you're already good at a 1v1 game with somewhat similar concepts, you shouldn't be too bad at learning the system. Taught one of my Smash friends to play Marvel vs Capcom for a tournament and he managed to at least win one match. Either way, give it a shot, it'll be fun. This happens with traditional fighting games as well. Best SF player in the world isn't instantly good at Arcsys games, nor is the best SNK player suddenly a world champion in Street Fighter (many cross over, but it takes lots of practice, see Xiaohai)
>>
>>376282648
Fellow Smash player reporting in, the transition shouldn't be that bad. The basic fundamentals (spacing, footsies, etc.) are pretty much universal.

Honestly, I would like to reccomend to you the newer Touhou fighting games (Urban Legend in Limbo, Antimony of Common Flowers in August) but the scenes for them are absolutely microscopic
>>
>>376282648
I assume Melee? If you've learned how to learn and get better at Melee rather than just slowly getting better by playing, you'll be fine. You've already crossed the biggest hurdle.

The second biggest hurdle is just grinding out your shit so you don't need to think about movement/moveset. After that it's all about learning matchups, neutral, and mixups. The fun stuff.

You have a huge advantage over 100% new players because you understand what to look for and a lot of the mental game.
>>
>>376283060
>tekken is dying
>we get tekken 7 in a month, while there is nothing for sc players to look forward too. not even a slight hint of news of sc6.
>literally all you guys have had is some shitty survey a couple of months back
Tag 2 was shit btw, but still a better game than scv.
>>
>>376283378
I know your underage and dont know the cycle of SC games release dates but they have already hinted at SC6
>>
>>376283070
KoF seems fun but the scene here just doesn't exist. I was honestly eyeing either SF or MvCI given that those are going to have the presence offline and online to make learning them worth the competition. That's a decent break down of the different genres though; I knew about anime fighters vs. SF-like fighters, but didn't realize 3D was that different.

>>376283154
I wanna move to a game with at least a little bit of a future, otherwise I'd just play Melty to be honest. Is the touhou game fun, though?

>>376283157
Project M, actually, though I hold my own in Melee as far as my region goes, too. This was mainly what I was hoping to hear, though, so thanks.
>>
>>376283578
>your underage
>previous SCs 3 or 4 years part
>been 5 years since V
???
Thread posts: 515
Thread images: 88

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.