[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How comfortable is this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: 1491735145862.jpg (312KB, 3000x1909px) Image search: [Google]
1491735145862.jpg
312KB, 3000x1909px
How comfortable is this?
>>
>>376231508
looks uncomfortable af

Honestly looks worse then the xbone controller
>>
>>376231508
Comfy af

Best new controller design in years
>>
>>376231508

It's ok, but feels better handheld IMO because I come to expect that handheld split to feel small. Jumping from Switch to a DS4 is awkward because the sticks are so much larger. I'd prefer something bigger, but it's ok for what it is and I think I'd rather just use it than drop $70 on a pro controller.
>>
it's pretty good, personally I like the joycons held separately
>>
>>376231508
It's actually not so bad. If it weren't for the fact that the vanilla grip doesn't charge, I'd be perfectly fine with it over the pro controller. I don't actually have any games that use the d-buttons for directional input so I can't say anything about that. The buttons are super satisfying to roll your thumb around on though, so it might work.

Also the HD rumble is cooler than I'd expected, Zelda doesn't really do much with it but I've been playing MK8, and the rumble actually feels different depending on what it's reacting to.
>>
>>376231508
It's strange, but not uncomfortable. It's just something you have to get used to. Obviously the Xbox One, PS4 and Pro Controller are miles ahead of it.
>>
>>376231508
It's so weird because it's very comfortable but when you look down and see your hands holding a square thing with buttons... it's a bit unbelievable how ergonomic they made it
>>
File: IMG_7751.png (427KB, 640x582px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7751.png
427KB, 640x582px
It's fine, but detached is God Tier, you can be in any position you want.
>>
I honestly prefer it to the pro controller, especially for long play sessions. My hands cramped after three hours of Mario Kart on the pro.
>>
>>376231508
It's pretty okay
>>
File: shroomin.jpg (108KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
shroomin.jpg
108KB, 3000x3000px
Get a pro controller if you can afford it. It's the best controller Nintendo has ever made, imo. Comfy as fuck.
>>
>>376231508
It's fine. It's by no means a great controller, but it's acceptable.
>>
>>376231508
Honestly it feels more comfortable than you would expect.
>>
>>376231508
I thought it would be fucking cancer to hold, but was pleasantly surprised that it's actually quite nice
>>
>>376231508

It's not bad at all and rather comfy.

However the Switch Pro controller is the best new controller of all time. Would love to be able to use it on my PC. Seriously beats the shit out of Xbone and DS4 controllers.
>>
>>376232423
>>376232598
>af
Kys yourself
>>
>>376231508
It literally gave me carpal tunnel. I'm not kidding.
>>
It's alright. As someone with big-ass hands, I was kinda surprised at how decent it felt in my hands. The individual joycons, on the other end, are a total horse's ass. How any person at Nintendo thought that was an acceptable size for a controller is fucking beyond me.

The pro's pretty good. Still like the xbone more
>>
>>376232894
>HD rumble is cooler than I'd expected, Zelda doesn't really do much with it
Well, since it doesn't use it I wouldn't expect much either, MK8 does support it.
>>
>>376233771
This, I had pretty much completely dismissed it before trying it but it works fine.
>>
>>376231508
It's surprisingly good. It looks oddly-shaped, but you don't notice when holding it.

The face buttons are a little small, which seemed bad at first, but I quickly got used to it, and it's not even a problem now. I never find myself thinking that I don't like it.

Only problem is that the right stick is a little too high up. I sometimes nudge it when I panic and move to press the button above it.
>>
>all these people saying the Pro Controller is great when the D-Pad is mushy shit
Play Puyo Puyo Tetris with the Pro's D-Pad and count how many mistakes you make.
>>
It's pretty good.

The hassle to keep taking the JoyCons in and out to charge them doesn't seem worth it though.
>>
>>376233916
Doesn't it work via Bluetooth on PC?
>>
I was pleasantly surprised, it's pretty good.

Still preferred individual handheld, and better yet the Pro controller.
>>
>>376234532
Yeah, the separated buttons on the joy can are actually a lot better for tetris than the D pad, way few mistakes.
>>
It made me realize I have no reason to buy a Pro Controller when this is pretty much the same thing.
>>
>>376233916
>Would love to be able to use it on my PC
It works flawlessly with Bluetooth and a little bit of initial stick caliberation as a DirectInput device.
>>
surprisingly comfy, better than gamecube and miles better than dualshock 4, never touched a memebox controller so I can't compare it to those
>>
>>376231508
It's pretty good for a bit of plastic you place joycons into. As a controller, not as much. I'm going to buy a pro controller soon.
>>
File: 1490870596287.jpg (50KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490870596287.jpg
50KB, 704x480px
I bought a 15 dollar third party grip that was wider and had rubber grips

More comfortable for longer play sessions
>>
File: 1473091169463.png (615KB, 960x837px) Image search: [Google]
1473091169463.png
615KB, 960x837px
>>376235602
Fuck off Asuka that wasn't my pic
>>
>>376231508
Pleasantly surprised, thought it would be shit but it works
>>
Surprisingly a lot more comfortable than you'd think.
>>
>>376235139
>better than gamecube

this is how I know you're full of shit
>>
>>376231508
tendonitis machine
>>
>>376231508
Honestly? It's not bad. Not perfect or anything, but it's nowhere near uncomfortable.
That being said, fuck the stick layout and fuck anyone who likes asymmetrical sticks.
>>
It doesn't look very ergonomic
>>
>>376231508
Pretty comfortable, detached/attached to screen feels like ass though
>>
>>376231508
Surprisingly comfortable, and my opinion before touching it was >>376232423

It's the same story with the WiiU gamepad, it looked like an heavy huge piece of shit but it turned out to be quite comfortable to hold.
>>
>>376232793
I have the opposite opinion instead, I don't really like handeld mode because it feels "rectangular" and flat, if that even makes sense. In fact I just place the screen on the table and play till the battery lasts this way, after that I put the charger and play with the controls attached.
>>
>>376232793
I prefer playing Mario Kart with the grip. My finger slips of the trigger buttons too often in handheld mode.
>>
>>376231508
Its shit like that, but surprisingly comfortable just having each joycon in your hand, though, it does take a lot of getting used to. Its also fine when attached to the console, because then you have a mobile gaming mindset, comparing it to the 3ds or vita instead of an Xbone or PS4 controller.
>>
>>376231508
It's too small. Playing with the tablet or just holding a joycon in each hand is superior.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.