[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if Bloodborne 2 exists, what should it add, fix or change from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 15

File: 1442563166487.jpg (2MB, 2131x3012px) Image search: [Google]
1442563166487.jpg
2MB, 2131x3012px
what things do you think should go or be modified or added? Here a couple of things that could come to mind (I am asking what you guys think, not actually suggesting)

.- more variation in the scenery
.- immediate respawn outside a boss's lair instead of back at the beginning of a level
.- better tutorials or explanations (I guess seasoned BB players wouldn't need that but still)
.- easy and normal difficulties
.- Armor being of (more) relevance

let's dicuss
>>
So, take the things that make Bloodborne into Bloodborne, and replace it with things from more casual games.

The only thing I agree with is variation and armor being more relevant.
>>
Souls games should not have a difficulty setting.

Scenery had enough variation for me.
No need for better tutorials.

Armor variation should be applied, yes. But it should still be fast-paced.

Bloodborne shouldn't be casual. It's difficulty is part of the experience. Some games benefit from choose-your-own difficulty. Bloodborne wouldn't.
>>
>immediate respawn outside a boss's lair instead of back at the beginning of a level
That's part of the challenge you dumbfuck
>>
>more variation in the scenery
more visual variation, you mean? Sure, why not. I thought Bloodborne had pretty unique scenarios and level design for each setting, even if the settings themselves were aesthetically similar

>immediate respawn outside a boss's lair instead of back at the beginning of a level
Fuck no

>better tutorials or explanations (I guess seasoned BB players wouldn't need that but still)
How so? The game has a lot to discover by means of exploration and that's how it's supposed to be. Maybe make NPC quests more thinly veiled? I think it's fine as it is, though.

>easy and normal difficulties
Summon someone, you fag

>Armor being of (more) relevance
Agreed
>>
>>376225123
t. didn't beat BB
>>
>>376225123
>easy and normal difficulties
The only acceptable difficulties for a Souls game would be normal (current difficulty) and hard difficulty. Putting easy in it would ruin the skill curve required to learn to play in the game.

Also Bloodborne isn't particularly hard as it is.
>>
Let me warp from lantern to lantern and not to the Hunter's Dream
>>
>>376225123
>Add
Builds
Weapons
Level tropes
>Fix
Frame pacing
Difficulty curve
Enemy variety
Enemy AI
Level design
>>
>>376225123
Make it multiplatform. There, no other changes needed.
>>
I'm ok with a lot of things in Bloodborne in comparison of DS.

-The weapons are way better and even if there are less weapons than in DS, they feel more different
-I like the fact that the game is a bit of a Dark souls light. Less stats, less weapons, but it just feels right overall.

The thing I like the least about BB is the way you are put in NG+ right away after you killed Moon Presence. I got fucked with it because I bought the DLC after it, so I had to go through it while in New game +. I did almost everything in the main game before MP so it was not the worse but I'm helping my brother with his first run of the game and I totally forgot about it again. He killed the final boss without exploring all the areas and now he's locked in NG+ and he has a real hard time with the Orphan and Laurence. It's fucking annoying.
>>
>>376225123
The real question is, What will From do to ruin it?
>>
>>376225123
Add a boss-rush mode
>>
fuck off casual.
heres what they should change

- blood vials replenish at lamps, only 10-15
- more weapon transformation combos
- optional bosses as hard as OoK
- PC so the 30fps babbies can fuck off
- streamline the distance between lamp to bosses some are really long some are short
- fix parry spam
- more armor and environment variety
>>
>>376225638
>>376225747
They could introduce a waymarker item. Every now and then, the item pops up in the shop for a shit ton of echoes. You can use it as a temporary respawn point until you light a new lantern or something.
>>
Stop putting some of the best weapons in the game all the way near the fucking end. Seriously, what the fuck is even the point of this? Every time I decide to play a fun DEX or Blood build, I pretty much have to go through most of the endgame bosses and by that time, there's no point in even having the weapon unless I decide to do NG+. Seriously killed all replayability of this game.

Also, they should some more interesting levels and bosses because the base game bosses were mostly lackluster which is a tragedy given how good the DLC bosses were.
>>
>>376225123
If they were to make a sequel, they should fix the most common complaints.

The vial system, allow the ability to warp from lamp to lamp,faster load times and better frame rates.
>>
File: 1477086321317.png (52KB, 145x181px) Image search: [Google]
1477086321317.png
52KB, 145x181px
>>
>>376225638
Running past all the enemies is not fun nor challenging. Its a relic from DeS when bosses and levels were designed as a holistic challenge.
>>
File: 1492638205533.png (448KB, 424x600px) Image search: [Google]
1492638205533.png
448KB, 424x600px
>>376225123
I will be downvoted to the hell, but I would really like to see more engaging story - everything else was perfect (maybe except vials)
>>
>>376226317
>nor challenging
Sometimes it is. Agreed on un-fun.
>>
>>376225123
-Blood Vials act similar to the Estus Flask
-more weapons, armors, etc.
-make it multiplat so Sonybros can fuck off
-you can warp between lamps without going to the Hunter's Dream
>>
>>376225638
I don't care either way but it's hardly a challenge since most boss runs just have you run right through the level and past the enemies and go straight to the boss door.

I actually think it's an okay mechanic since it's more or less a punishment for losing which makes victory all that much more sweeter. Besides, most hard bosses usually have a bonfire/lamp right next to them so you don't have to bother with running back too much.
>>
>>376226612
People just call that Dark Souls
>>
File: disk thumbup.jpg (14KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
disk thumbup.jpg
14KB, 200x200px
Every area spawns bell maidens in NG+

Literally the only thing I've ever wanted
>>
File: 1465119735270.jpg (544KB, 1920x1058px) Image search: [Google]
1465119735270.jpg
544KB, 1920x1058px
>>376225123

- Get From to fix it's engine, I want a constant 60fps with no stutter, drops or bad frame pacing.

- Also the ability to rest at lanterns to save on time and having to go back to the dream every time.

- Also much larger areas and armor variety.
>>
File: blood-beast-2.jpg (283KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
blood-beast-2.jpg
283KB, 1280x720px
Bloodborne has such amazing music/sound design, npc/enemy/boss design, visual style, etc. I hate to sound like a fanboy, but it seems lightyears ahead of everything else by comparison.
>>
All those mad plebs who don't have atleast one console next to their gaming pc lol... but anyway:

- Blood Vials more like Estus, no need to buy them
- allow for respecs (No respecs is SUCH a BS mechanic. "lul should have planned your build a few years in advance if you wanted to use this DLC or endgame weapon, fuck off")
- No forced NG+
- Make quests more obvious. A log maybe. Not WoW like, but atleast let us reread dialogue from NPCs that drop hints were the next part starts / ends.
- Easier system to allow coop. I know, shitty item descriptions are a thing for DS/BB, but on these items the system has to be clearer (level range, etc.). Better would be an npc that has a list of people currently looking to do boss X.

>>376226317
They should definitely work on their shortcuts. Some are cool, some are still way to far. Logarius for example. Even with the activated lift you have to spend a good time running across roofs.
>>
Blood vial system has to go, it's trash.

Estus is better, just make some knockoff of that and reduce the amount you can have, 20 is too much.
>>
>>376227437
>Logarius for example. Even with the activated lift you have to spend a good time running across roofs.
Yeah Logarius sucks, especially if you're trying to learn his movesets to parry him
>>
Make Bloodtinge and Arcane work in the early game as well. Keeping builds hostage behind mid or even late game is absolute cancer.
>>
>>376225123
add warping, tool reinforcement/repair, and item storage at lamps
>>
>>376225123
I hope it doesn't exist because that would be a total cop out.

>Dark Souls 3 is the end of the series, hope everyone had fun!
>See you next year for Bloodborne 2 tho.
>>
I'd kinda like the setting to be some Creole Louisiana esque setting so we can get spooky swamps, voodoo and shadow monsters, and more ties to Lovecraft (Call of Cthulhu was Louisiana)
>>
>>376226394
Totally agree the story wasn't dark souls in terms of obscurity nor was it lovecraft in terms of the old gods. Just here's your blood contract go fix it. No real reason to kill half the bosses.
>>
Get rid of the chromatic aberration.
>>
>>376227852
Wait, you actually think From is shelving the Souls-type games now that Dark Souls is done? How gullible are you?
>>
File: ninja-hood.jpg (86KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
ninja-hood.jpg
86KB, 550x550px
I have this new idea for a gimmick to accompany the rally system, a retaliation system.

The way it works is after certain attacks that stagger you, pressing R1 at the right moment will let you strike back with a unique attack. It would rally back health and hit with .5 damage of an R1.

The risk to this reward would be deciding whether you should or shouldn't take the chance. For some moves it would be okay to use this while enemies are in their recoil frames, but for faster enemies it would be better to just dodge.

Thoughts?
>>
>>376226889
Every area should have one in NG, and there should be different areas it can spawn. Fuck never getting invaded. It also adds a secondary goal for people who don't want to be invaded instead of encouraging them to rush the boss.
>>
>>376225638
There is no challenge on running past all the enemies dipshit. Its just an annoyance.
>>
>>376226750
Would make the game better nonetheless. Especially the Blood Vials and the lanterns. You can also add better chalice dungeons.
>>
>>376227437
Respeccing never sits well with me, I think it undermines the RPG aspects of the game and goes against the punishing design philosophy of the games. I don't mind the idea of having one when you start NG+ though. It doesn't let you do it in the middle of a playthrough and it gives you the opportunity to respec to an endgame weapon you want to use.
>>
>>376225123
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS
>>
>>376225123
>.- immediate respawn outside a boss's lair instead of back at the beginning of a level
>.- easy and normal difficulties
Fucking lol. What casual den did you steal this from, OP?
>>
>>376228127
>wasn't dark souls in terms of obscurity
Are you serious? Bloodborne's story is definitely the most vague of the Souls games.
>>
>>376225123
hello neogaf:

gonna put the same answer that i put there.

To me the things that can be improved:

- More covenants with actual rivalry against each other: The only convenants that have rivalry are the vilebloods,executioners and HoH. Why isn't the blood beast and lumenwood kin rivals?

- A more non-linear level design that rewards exploration: Bloodborne is a huge improvement in comparison to the messy dark souls 2 and it's better than the corridor of dark souls 3 but still fails to reach the same non linearity of dark souls 1.

In Dark souls 1 you could:
- Skip blightown entirely if you explored a little bit;
- If you kill the 4 kings before talking to frampt(which is what most people do) you unlock a new npc that reveals a very interesting part of the lore;
- ASH FUCKING LAKE.

- More robust side quests: to me it feels like some NPCs on Bloodborne originally had bigger side quest/story lines but because of time/development constraints it was simplified(Djura and Annalise are good examples of that)

- More endings based on your choices throughout the game and not only during the ending fight: this is an improvement that dark souls 3 brought that i think bloodborne should copy. In dark souls 3 not only you have more endings,but many endings are tied to your choices during NPC side quests and even DLC content.

- This one is a small one but in the game we have arcane and bloodtinge stats that allow us to build arcane and bloodting builds.I think it would be cool the have a bloodletting stat(the ability to manipulate blood) that allow us to make more bloodletting builds.I know the game have very specific weapons that allow us to use bloodletting but i'm just saying that it should be more robust than that.
>>
>>376228749
Respeccing was handled perfectly in DS3 and I hope it returns in a similar, perhaps more limited fashion for future games.

You can only do it 5 times per playthrough using extremely rare drops, 2 of which are complimentary.
>>
>>376228905
No it's not. If anything it's a bit too elaborate since it doesn't leave any room for you to fill in the blanks.
>>
-Teleporting between bonfires instead of needing to go back to the hub world
-Not making enemy hunters spongey as shit
-Add more to character creation
>>
>>376225123
Frames per minute.
>>
File: heehee.jpg (103KB, 837x769px) Image search: [Google]
heehee.jpg
103KB, 837x769px
Make Beast Blood Pellet's effect a core mechanic.

Fromsoft emphasized more aggressive combat, so it's only natural. The more time you correctly weave your attacks into your enemy, the more damage/damage done to you, is done (maybe regen a set amount of stamina too after a designated point, so you can theoretically chain it till they're dead).
>>
More npc and npc shops
Magic meter
>>
>Hating on blood vials
>Hating on lantern to boss gate distances

Every single part of Bloodborne is fundamental to it's perfection. These decisions were very deliberately made. It saddens me how people can play this game and not 'get it'
>>
.- more variation in the scenery
TOH did this and it just led to weird inconsistency, especially with the fishing area.
.- immediate respawn outside a boss's lair instead of back at the beginning of a level
No. Just no.
.- better tutorials or explanations (I guess seasoned BB players wouldn't need that but still)
Once again, no. Learn it yourself. Don't be afraid of experimentation and exploration.
.- easy and normal difficulties
Stop trolling.
.- Armor being of (more) relevance
The one single point I can agree with. More variety as well as better mixing/matching options along with the ability to upgrade them.
>>
>>376229147
Blood Vials are poop and so are you.
>>
>>376229147
No, blood vials and QS bullets being a resource that can run out felt redundant since it was super easy to cap them out completely in the stash after mid game. They didn't bring any purpose to the game by being an exhaustible resource that never actually runs out.
>>
>>376225123
Holy shit. Good job on OP and others in this thread, completely dismantling the reasons why BB was so good in the first place.Just kys
>>
>>376227852
You're naive if you think FROM isn't going to milk their biggest and most profitable IP by far.
>>
>>376229468
>>376229475

It makes more sense when you look at it as more of a spiritual successor to Demon's Souls.
>>
File: 1494079631426m.jpg (72KB, 1024x590px) Image search: [Google]
1494079631426m.jpg
72KB, 1024x590px
>>376226180
>more armor

Bloodborne has no armor though
>>
>>376229559
>they got rid of it for Dark Souls
>put it back for no reason

I wouldn't mind grinding for them if there were actually other stuff to grind.
>>
>>376225123
The actual RPG elements the other games have.
>>
>>376229559
Not really. It's still redundant.
>>
Fix the parry system. When a shitter like me can parry with ease against most bosses and face almost no consequence for failing a parry then there's something wrong with the system. Seriously, the parry window is a fucking joke and the parry range is even worse.
>>
>>376229559
Like how Dark Souls is? Which had a superior system?
>>
>>376229548
>>376228195
A guy can dream.

Seriously, they need to take a 3-5 year break or something, Dark Souls 3 suffers because they clearly ran out of ideas.
>>
>>376229693
>blood echoes
>consumables
>bloodstone shards

Besides as long as you didn't suck you would never have to farm blood vials.
>>
>>376229801

It's a central part of the game. There is a reason why the final boss is designed around it, similar to Gwyn. There are also many runes that support visceral attacsk...they are there for you and everyone else to learn how to use, not complain about.
>>
>>376225123
it should be a prequel. it ends with the player killing kos
>>
>ITT: I'm a casual and here's why

these suggestions are garbage
>>
>>376229810

This is most likely because consumable finite healing items would suck hard major balls in the open world hybrid that Dark Souls is where merchants are also far and fewer in between. Simple decision made as a consequence of game design.
>>
>It's a copy and paste a thread from neogaf to /v/ episode
You guys get so angry whenever neogaf is mentioned but it would appear a fair amount of you visit it as well
>>
>>376229845

They didn't run out of ideas. It was more of a backlash against all the people that hated DaS2, so they thought they were giving us what we wanted. It's your fault /v/.
>>
>>376230108
>ITP: I'm full of shit and I wish I'd die.
>>
>>376225123
>being this much of a fucking shit player
>>
>>376229849

don't forget blood gems
>>
>>376225123
Just more of the same, but with more effort put into the chalice dungeons. Honestly though I'd rather just have a new IP. Souls sequels are kind of crappy.
>>
File: 1492998815291.jpg (113KB, 872x556px) Image search: [Google]
1492998815291.jpg
113KB, 872x556px
>>376225123
Level up at lanterns.
ALL the weapons from blood borne 1

More memeable characters.
>>
>>376230384

>New IP on Switch that takes advantage of local multiplayer

would pre order immediately
>>
>>376230443
>sequel is more of a spiritual successor ala Dark Souls to Demon Souls
>instead of hub, open world style game with no teleporting where you level up at lanterns

das it mane
>>
>>376230228
There's nothing hard about Bloodborne unless it's on NG+ or beyond

Each level has shortcuts that allow you to jump straight to the boss when you get to that point, and if it doesn't, there's a lantern nearby

>better tutorials or explanations (I guess seasoned BB players wouldn't need that but still)
Exploration is the explanation.

>Easy and normal difficulties
No, this game should not have an easy difficulty, go play something else. First playthrough is the normal difficulty.

>Armor being of (more) relevance
Why? You get so many fucking dashes you're literally dbz-tier with a high stamina bar later on.

The only good suggestion is scenery variation.
>>
File: Average Bloodborne Fan Art.jpg (3MB, 1369x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Average Bloodborne Fan Art.jpg
3MB, 1369x2500px
>>
Less RPG elements that were just unnecessary carryovers from souls games
More weapons
Take a couple current weapons and give them full movesets (boom hammer, electric dildo)
Less focus on rallying
Less counterdamage from hit after dodging
no roll, can dodge unlocked
better framerate
make parrying tighter/bullets less common
balance a couple weapons out
don't put the best bloodgems down in some fucking cave nobody wants to set foot in
less focus on boss phases, more focus on boss having expanded and difficult movesets from the start of the fight
less bosses that have 2.3 quantillion HP
>>
>>376229849
I never understood the

>if you need to grind for vials, stop sucking

meme. Like yea, if you take your time to learn the enemies and bosses, you can go through no problem.

But isn't that the opposite of how the game is meant to be played? They want it faster and more aggressive than Dark Souls, then they play this dumb Vial bullshit where it's non-replenishable unless you want to waste your time not learning your mistakes by playing the game, but by fighting mobs over and over until you get enough Vials again.

Which is what I think the Rally mechanic is suppose to mitigate, but it's largely inconsequential since you're trying to avoid your mistakes - and you don't get enough health back for sticking your neck.
>>
File: 1422774240237.jpg (118KB, 406x364px) Image search: [Google]
1422774240237.jpg
118KB, 406x364px
>>376226394
>I will be downvoted to the hell
>>
Why are people bitching so much about environement variety? The whole game takes place around one city, do you want them to fucking cram in a fire level and an ice level and a poison level somehow? Then you end up with a fucking mess like DS2.
>>
>>376225831
Agreed. This and the unreliable frame rate are my only real problems with the game.

I'm a souls pvp fag, so I wouldn't mind an improved invasion system, but I also understand BB is a totally different series so I don't really mind them not focusing on pvp at all.
>>
>>376230631
>don't put the best bloodgems down in some fucking cave nobody wants to set foot in

You don't really need those 27% bloodgems from chalice dungeons. You can easily get some really good 24% and 25% bloodgems from the winter lanterns outside Orphan boss door. Those are more than enough for most people.
>>
Remove brain suckers or make me able to get back my insight
>>
As someone who's played DeS/Ds1/2/3 multiple times and has gotten decent at the souls formula, how difficult will BB be?
>>
>>376230845

This. The Old Hunters expansion tried to have a little bit of scene variety and it ended up feeling like it was DaS2 B-team tier. Especially at the end where you step out of the top of a clock tower into a fishing village? wtf?
>>
>>376230960
BB aside from DLC is not hard. Even more so, if you've already played all the other Souls games.
>>
>>376230951

they arent that bad just use something with lightning or fire on it
>>
Gotta do way too much bullshit to get the Beast claws. That's my only gripe.
>>
>>376231093

This along with other weapons like bowblade and rakuyo. When you want to do a build based around them but you've already basically finished the game...
>>
>>376230960

As long as you're not a shield baby you'll be fine. Even better if you're a parry baby.
>>
>>376230873
I want them to let me hunt down one person again without having them summoned someone.

Seriously, each game, invading gets tainted by balance or whatever shit they want to set straight, and it's getting less fun.
>>
>>376230939
yea for phys
want to go ARC or something you just have to bite the bullet
>>
>>376225123
>Bait: the post
>>
>>376225638
It's not a challenge, it's just tedious
>>
>>376231063
My only problem is with the grab and not being able to stunlock them, i always play it very safe when i encounter 1 of them. kills the flow of the game.
>>
>>376230793

Fighting mobs is good practice for visceral attacks especially if you're struggling. And there's nothing wrong with the Rally mechanic. In MOST cases you can get just about all the health you lost back within seconds.
>>
>>376231380

which is why you use something with lightning or fire on it, they WILL get stunlocked and will die in a couple of hits
>>
File: 1493592861590.jpg (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493592861590.jpg
1MB, 1280x720px
There shouldn't be a Bloodborne 2.

They should do Aztec Souls or something.

If there needs to be a BB 2, make it take place in the dream planes and go balls deep on mindfuckery in the level design and visuals.

Also use the estus system for healing. And get rid of the chalice dungeons. And stop remove half the game for DLC.
>>
>>376230793
On my first playthrough of this game the only time I actually had to grind blood vials was when I got wrecked by Gehrman like 40 times in a row. Never bought any either.

there is literally nothing wrong with the blood vial system if you learn to abuse the fuck out of that circle button. ogre guys, wolves, generally anything bigger always nets you 2-4 blood vials, so unless you're just tanking hits 24/7, yes, you need to stop sucking.

rally gives plenty of health back if you're not waiting 4 hours between going on the offense
>>
>>376231543
>get rid of chalice dungeons

stop with this meme, if they made some even minor improvements they'd be one of the best aspects of the game
>>
>>376231420
Practicing for mobs, sure. But still, losing out on time to fight bosses, for example, not so much.

Also, in my playthrough, I've personally never relied on Rally. Like, it's alright, it's there, but it's totally nebulous when you can have 20 Vials.

Why risk something you're having trouble on when you can back off and heal? And if you get gud, you'll literally never use it. Stamina really hinders this mechanic as well imo.
>>
>>376225123
>.- immediate respawn outside a boss's lair instead of back at the beginning of a level

So you want generic checkpoints like all the other shitty games that aren't as good as this one?
>>
>>376231732
>complains about farming blood vials
>"I've personally never relied on Rally"

never go full retard, /v/
>>
>>376225123
a little bit more focus towards the Cainhurst family might be nice.
>>
>>376231856
>rally is an underused mechanic, but I'm making it better than it really is

Have you ever did a no Vial run and relied on Rally?
>>
>>376231732
>And if you get gud, you'll literally never use it.

literally the opposite of what is true for BB
>>
>make chalices really random and not the same 4 layoyuts with the same skin
>add an editor to make your own chalices
also fuck you OP, go play cod or something
dont make things like the retarded 2 giants in the wheel in the dlc
>>
>>376231923
The queen, a prostitute, and the first hunter are the only known vilebloods.

It's like they flipped a coin on who would or wouldn't be.
>>
>>376231970

no, but im also not a fucking idiot who wastes a blood vial when i could be getting my health back by dealing out more damage. BB rewards opportunistic playstyles, the more you stay on a boss's ass the quicker they'll collapse and open up for a visceral attack
>>
>more variation in the scenery
Well, except from an abandoned factory nothing comes to my mind that would have made sense. Yharnam is a fucking city, not a kingdom like Lordran, it's only natural that the scenery is mostly urban.

They really should give you 20 blood vials after every death. Farming them was bullshit. A beast mode and better stuff for arcane in the early game would be good.
>>
>>376232275
but the cainhurst castle is huge and the queen clearly had some kind of connection to the gods. this means that the cainhurst family was extremely wealthy and powerful and their influence would have extended really far. maybe just some additional bits of lore could be nice.
>>
More varied environments in the main game, the DLC was fine, and put some fucking thumbnails on the quick travel screen for the love of all that is holy.
>>
>>376232576
what influence? they weren't mentioned at all in TOH. Maria had a stronger impact in the timeline than Vilebloods and the other one is a whore.

they were just vampires that wanted to succ blood in peace
>>
>>376225123
make it available on PC
>>
>city
>cathedral
>cainhurst castle
>farmland
>nightmare world
>lecture hall
>a different nightmare world
>nightmare castle
>fucked up city
>weird prison place
>fishing village

what more scenery do you retards want in a gothic victorian style game?
>>
>>376232445
I'd agree with you if it weren't for two key things that make it needlessly an inferior option:

-enemies always have points where you can't attack them (mostly applies to bosses)

-stamina gates you from going on forever

Ultimately doesn't matter, but after playing the majority of the Souls titles, I expected more tighter combat after all this time.

Jokes on me I guess for expecting a company that still can't make good Covenants.
>>
>>376233030
>-enemies always have points where you can't attack them (mostly applies to bosses)
this is what not getting hit is for
>-stamina gates you from going on forever
stamina is basically a non-issue in BB for dodging, everybody knows this and I don't know why you think we don't

>covenants

I agree with you there but you're trying way too hard to move the goal posts
>>
>>376230620
>go to battle with a candelabra and ladle
>still fuck up armed and agile hunters

Those fucking shadows, man
>>
They kinda gave up on the whole "Beast" thing early on and made it into Cthulu souls after Forbidden Woods

I wish that didn't happen. I want a beast game.
>>
>>376230986
You're being goofy right? The whole "explore the past via dreams" shit was neat. But that doesn't mean we need massive environmental variety 100 metres away from each other.
>>
>>376225123
Get gud
>>
>>376233257
Getting hit means you made a mistake. Rally means you help fix that. But since stamina is fixed, using stamina to gain back health by dodging and attacking you are putting yourself more at risk rather than backing off and healing. It's not as fun as trying to get back your health, but it's definitely the safer option.

What I'm trying to say is, what if Rally is given more reasons to be used and make the combat more complex and fun. Like, reducing Vial count/speed of healing, and giving more heals per Rally hit.

What I'm trying to say is Bloodborne's combat is serviceable and functional but it could get better. I guess I'm just craving for something more.
>>
File: 1379717705742.png (113KB, 255x280px) Image search: [Google]
1379717705742.png
113KB, 255x280px
>>376230620
> Average Bloodborne Fan Art.jpg
>>
>>376231495
>paying over 8k be to kill 1 enemy
>>
>>376233830
I wish there where more of them than the bosses and the 10 or so guys in Mensis, they're some of muy
>>
>>376235123
>they're some of muy
some of my favorite enemies in the game. Holy shit, how did I fuck up that bad?
>>
>>376225123
>.- better tutorials or explanations (I guess seasoned BB players wouldn't need that but still)
>.- easy and normal difficulties
I know bait when I see it, kiddo

+greater camera distance when the boss is ten times larger than you
+insight changes a lot more things in a lot of places
+respec using insight
+more creative chalice dungeons
+actual covenants
+create your own dream and build settlements in them
>>
>>376227437
>Make quests more obvious
well, there is a few quests you can find on your own (the whore) and few that punishes you for forgetting or failing them (the crow) and a lot of pointless ones (little girl, old woman, paranoid fuck, werewolf)
>Easier system to allow coop
I just think it should be more obvious before the first boss. BB also invented the password matching, awesome feature.
>>
>>376236592
>BB also invented the password matching, awesome feature.
Didn't that start in DS2?
>>
>>376236765
No that was a more like a loose lobby system. BB created the current system where you can summon anyone at any level using a specific word of choice. This exact system was copy pasted into ds3.

DS2 was just a list of already limited set of lobbies and soul level matched ranges still applied.
>>
>>376225928
Your fix list is fucking stupid senpai
>>
>>376230165
it's no secret. look at how casual people want BB o its sequel to be, despite BB not being all that challenging
>>
>>376226394
>downvoted to hell

Omfg your /reddit/ aura is on point
>>
File: 1472948039784.png (844KB, 1280x915px) Image search: [Google]
1472948039784.png
844KB, 1280x915px
>>376225123
>Complete removal of chalice dungeons
>If chalice dungeons are still in, don't put things like super strong blood gems down in the deepest layers of them, they are pretty much obligatory for pvp and it becomes hell to try out new builds because you have to farm this shit every time
>removal of generic blood gems that just give more damage or HP because those are always the #1 choice for nearly every build, only have gems with unique / interesting effects
>improved netcoding (more of a technical fault than a mechanical one but please for the love of god improve on this because the online community for these games is huge but the shitty connectivity holds them back so much)
>improved multiplayer accessibility (fuck bells, signs worked way better)
>can warp from lamps
>vials are no longer a drop and replenish on lamps like estus
>nerf to visceral damage
>dodge costs more stamina and has more lingering recovery frames so you get punished for spamming it instead of timing it
>frenzy / beasthood mechanic that works similar to hollowing
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.